Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I have a hideously RNG-screwed Effie. All she has is strength her defense and speed are both lower than what I'm accustomed to. Or so I think, at least.

On the other hand, Arthur is speed screwed but defense blessed. I guess he knows what I intend to do with him, haha. Depending on the situation he's actually a better tank than Effie now.

...Aaaand of course, Haitaka missed an 80% and now I have to reset. I must say, the RNG in this game is beyond infuriating, because the game is so tightly designed that RNG fails are completely terrible. Now, sure, I could've switched to Nichol and used a tome and then he had 100% chance to kill Takumi. To this, I say: Fuck you, I want experience.

Oh well. At least I got the moves down. It's just a matter of doing them over and over until the RNG decides to cooperate.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Eh, we’ll see. Won’t be the biggest deal in the world.

Or maybe we won’t, I’m not sure.

Well, that's what sales are for - so if you don't enjoy the game, you can console yourself with the idea that you didn't waste too much on it.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The whole point of this is because it’s if I enjoy CS1.

CS1 is decent-ish tbh, serves as a good bulid up and you might even enjoy it, even if it has way way too many problems. 

It's CS2 that started my Trails hate.

Edited by Father Shrimpas

Okay, Takumi is down again, and Haitaka has gained his third good level again. Oboro died two turns ago, Arthur punched a whole through the enemy formation and went straight for the village. Nichol visited the other lower village on turn one. It's pretty much all set. Now all I need to do is take out Hinata before he can move north.

AHHHH I FORGOT TRIPLE THREAT

FUCK YOU FATES

FUCK YOU

Okay I think Haitaka will live still. But... Jesus fucking Christ, I don't wanna do everything again. This game really needed save points...

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

1IdMQEB.jpg

Hah! True.

Can I please stop missing critical blows at the last minute?

Please.

Well, I am not resetting this time. Fuck you, Fates. I'm using a freeze charge. I barely ever use this staff anyway.

And even then, it almost cost me the entire run, because the frozen enemy could still reach Camilla after she got ballista'd. Thankfully, she dodged both hits of an attack stance. I don't even feel bad - that near-death shouldn't have happened in the first place. If the one enemy had died, she wouldn't have been in danger of death. Arthur had a high 80% chance to hit. Screw you, game.

...Well, at any rate, that's chapter 10 beaten without save states. I am proud, but... hot damn the RNG did NOT want me to do this.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

hot damn the RNG did NOT want me to do this.

My Percy just missed a 83% i need, just sayin.

So i know how you feel kek

Percy will probably hit the bench after this while i go get Nichol

Unfortunately, Shizue has gained some pretty bad levels and she suffers from the healer curse of leveling too slowly. I will be forced to replace her.

...With the shrine maiden in the Rainbow Sage map. While she's out, I'll introduce the strategist I captured alongside Nichol, Ingrid, to the team. And Selena. Might as well see if this is the run where I'll finally, finally get something out of her.

Oh, and Sophie's first level was garbage. If even Aptitude can't make her into a good unit, I don't know what else to try. But it's only one level. She'll get more chances yet. She had better make sure she's caught up to Peri when she joins, though. Imagine the dishonor of being replaced by Peri, of all people...

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not sure about the rest of you but that's how I feel.

It didn't bother me much (It's been this way since PS3), but I get what you mean.

Dentist was fine. No major issues, done in a half hour, no big fuss..

2 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Oh the sweet release of coke cola and spiced gin.

I mean, I'd take it off you for Thanksgiving if it were a thing here or where you are.

As is, a merry Thursday!

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Nyx why is your Luck so bad

The same reason she wants to die.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I mean, I'd take it off you for Thanksgiving if it were a thing here or where you are.

As is, a merry Thursday!

Ah yes, Dayni! My drinking crime in partner! As a lonely, forlorn and sad bastard on this sacred Thanksgiving without my family around me I wish you a merry Thursday!

http://web.archive.org/web/20030814044553/http://www.playstation.jp/psstyle/talk/02/02.html

This is very interesting. An interview confirming Xenogears originally was a planned Chrono Trigger sequel. Now I can only imagine, if the Xeno series had not come to be had CT2 been in its place...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

OBtG7xc.png

Finally

Honesty? A great map.

Especially with how it makes you split your army into 3 to get everything

I can imagine it being a chore tho if you didn't have a flier or 2 with you. Platforms should've had 6 spaces instead of 4

The relevant part, translated:

--Why did you choose space as the setting? Were you not interested in a fantasy world?

Xenogears" started out as a sequel to "Chrono Trigger". However, as we had many meetings with the publishers, we found that it was practically difficult. ...... I asked Mr. Sakaguchi to go to the trouble of making it an original title. However, since development had already started, there were parts where I couldn't go back to the fantasy world, and I was concerned about the motivation of the staff. Xenogears" was the result of a certain amount of compromise.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Use Est.

I always liked using Est. Sure her bases suck, but who can resist those lategame stats in a game where blank levels are more common than getting +3 total stat gains? Honestly, I prefer Est over Palla. Palla also feels like a growth unit in SD, but has low speed growth, so she struggles to double in the late arc of H5, while good ol Est destroys with those easy paladin kills from forged ridersbane that practically give her a full level up. Still worse than Lorenz.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I am not resetting this time. Fuck you, Fates

It's impossible to play Conquest without saying this at least once. 

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Aaaand of course, Haitaka missed an 80% and now I have to reset. I must say, the RNG in this game is beyond infuriating, because the game is so tightly designed that RNG fails are completely terrible. Now, sure, I could've switched to Nichol and used a tome and then he had 100% chance to kill Takumi. To this, I say: Fuck you, I want experience.

It's times like that where I really want to break out the save states. I just want experience. Good thing I play the 3ds games on console so I don't have to worry about the temptation of save states, but man does Conquest occasionally need at least one point of rest in these unforgiving chapters. 

24 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

rimP1EV.png

This freaking enfeeble

Not sure if this makes me want to go back to Rev or lock my 3ds in a safe. 

Happy Thanksgiving/Happy Rest of your Day to everyone here. 

Oh hey, up next is one of the two maps I warpskipped in fe1, the big, open field with all the dracoknights and paladins at the top and the line of forts above them that scream “we’re about to spam reinforcements” (chapter 21). In fe1 I just said “lol no”, but maybe I’ll actually attempt it here. Maybe.

Played some Terraria. I walked all the way to the western edge of the world in search of the meteorite.

Turns out, the meteorite had fallen a 30-second-walk away from my house... On the eastern side. Great.

Also, a slime rain happened but I failed to kill the boss. Dangit!

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Oh look, another prepromote with a cool design who is atrociously bad. Thanks Shadow Dragon.

Which is it this time?

45 minutes ago, Sooks said:

tztay6P.png
Use Est.

Not bad. I mean, still not Matthis, but not bad.

27 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Still worse than Lorenz.

Of course, Lorenz is epic.

It's impossible to play Conquest without saying this at least once. 

Hah!

Ahh, too true.

38 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

OBtG7xc.png

Finally

Honesty? A great map.

Especially with how it makes you split your army into 3 to get everything

I can imagine it being a chore tho if you didn't have a flier or 2 with you. Platforms should've had 6 spaces instead of 4

Ehhh I found it to be rather boring, but that's about it.

It's times like that where I really want to break out the save states. I just want experience. Good thing I play the 3ds games on console so I don't have to worry about the temptation of save states, but man does Conquest occasionally need at least one point of rest in these unforgiving chapters. 

I'll admit to using save states. I try not to do it too often, but man it's just so annoying having to reset everything because of a bad RNG roll or one careless mistake.

Haven't had to use save states in this run yet, though. I've made a few, for peace of mind, but I never used them. Hopefully I can keep it up.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh hey, up next is one of the two maps I warpskipped in fe1, the big, open field with all the dracoknights and paladins at the top and the line of forts above them that scream “we’re about to spam reinforcements” (chapter 21). In fe1 I just said “lol no”, but maybe I’ll actually attempt it here. Maybe.

It's... a weird map. One of those that was removed from FE3, too.