• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's... a weird map. One of those that was removed from FE3, too.

Still made good use of it, since it's where Book 2's Chapter 2 takes place.

44 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

It's times like that where I really want to break out the save states. I just want experience. Good thing I play the 3ds games on console so I don't have to worry about the temptation of save states, but man does Conquest occasionally need at least one point of rest in these unforgiving chapters. 

What’s wrong with using save states? I can’t imagine trying to play Conquest specifically without them with the long, difficult maps at the end of the game and its endgame not letting you save. As long as you don’t go overboard with the save states, I think they’re useful for eliminating the tedium of resetting. Like making a save state every turn, but that’s just a personal preference.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Which is it this time?

Ymir.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nyx is... I want to like her, she's a unique and interesting character idea, but her outfit is... A problem.

Well as they say, it isn't a modern Fire Emblem game unless the youngest characters get the skimpiest outfits.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The fun part of returning to Fates for me is saying "okay I'm going to use this guy and that guy in this run" and then in the lategame I find myself using 6 captured enemies instead.

I didn't even use the capture mechanic in my playthrough. I really need to return to Fates soon because there is just so much I missed out on, no even mentioning DLC and the amiibo stuff.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lqxspvh4 o

That is the most HD Fates footage I have ever seen.

5 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I know i said this before, but i gotta say it again

Fates weapon Triangle best weapon triangle

It certainly felt way more relevant than it did in Awakening.

I'd say, that pic with the way the wyvern rider is holding their weapon, and the special effect of the attack, it almost looks like he's holding a rifle and the accompanying shot. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

GdIdKGu.jpgcHoLKXg.jpgMqcsO4H.jpg

Gust is referencing their own memes now.

"Wait, it's all barrel?"

*Loads gun* "always has been."

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think they’re useful for eliminating the tedium of resetting

That's literally why you should use save states lol. It's fundamentally the same as resetting except you don't lose an hour.

I've said this before.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

That's literally why you should use save states lol. It's fundamentally the same as resetting except you don't lose an hour.

I've said this before.

Yes! This is the correct opinion.

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Still made good use of it, since it's where Book 2's Chapter 2 takes place.

It's the same region but the map is definitely not the same. Not like the bridge map.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What’s wrong with using save states?

Oh I don't have a problem with them. I just prefer not having to deal with the idea of abusing them. I have a bad habit of using them a lot once I use it even once. I'm not bothered by them or others using it. It's not like I've never used them.

I have zero self restraint

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not bad. I mean, still not Matthis, but not bad.

Well that's just an unfair comparison. Matthis makes everyone look like bad units. 

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's... a weird map. One of those that was removed from FE3, too.

At least your snipers get good exp here. Tomas can always use more levels. It's so odd that the seize point is right in front of you, but getting there likely gets you screwed over by ambush spawn dracoknights, making you too afraid to approach it until the reinforcements have run out. Funny game.

I keep telling myself I'll do book 1 one day, but then I just do SD instead because of reclassing. 

Just now, Robert Stewart said:

It's the same region but the map is definitely not the same. Not like the bridge map.

True. Though it's still clear they took the base map design and tweak it. Removed the forts, expand it to the south, change the scale so the mountains were removed as well. So at least more work was done with it than just remaking it with SNES graphics, than like the bridge.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"On my honor as a prince of Hoshido, I shall not fall upon a Nohrian's blade!"

Lqxspvh4 o

Wish granted.

Oh god, the game is even uglier then I remembered.
But at least it has jiggle physics. Those were system resources well spend.

13 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think he was referring to the Balmary here. Honestly, I think it used to be a most-accepted theory that the Balmarians in OG weren't... quite up to par with their previous selves shown in Shin and Alpha. OG1 lacked Laodeccia, they sent a Neviim already to attack Earth, had to use captured Earthlings to pilot their mechas instead of their own men, etc. Granted, it could be all planned by Euzzeth to change the approach, aware of how things went in Sakusen, Spirits, Shin, and Alpha. Nibhal's words could be part of that, considering...

That seems odd, given things went awry for Nibhal specifically because the Aerogaters assassinated his dupes. Although the Inspectors in GBA did refer to the Aerogators as "Stray Balmarians". And perhaps the puppet master was allowing his puppets to sabotage each other as they worked towards the same goals.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030814044553/http://www.playstation.jp/psstyle/talk/02/02.html

This is very interesting. An interview confirming Xenogears originally was a planned Chrono Trigger sequel. Now I can only imagine, if the Xeno series had not come to be had CT2 been in its place...

First I've heard of this I think, surprisingly. I've long known the zygote that became XG started as an FFVII proposal, but another intermediary life adds to the tale, even if there are pretty much no visible influences from CT on XG, other than Mitsuda for the music.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

True. Though it's still clear they took the base map design and tweak it. Removed the forts, expand it to the south, change the scale so the mountains were removed as well. So at least more work was done with it than just remaking it with SNES graphics, than like the bridge.

Fe3 2-2 has forts though. They're in different locations.

Your units start together instead of being separated like in FE1. And the forest is in your way in FE3, instead of being on the sides like in FE1.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

That doesn't change the facts.

Except it does.

Lyn's chest bouncing does not in any way require additional resources. There are no additional calculations required because all the system does is to display the next sprite. There are no actual physics involved.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That seems odd, given things went awry for Nibhal specifically because the Aerogaters assassinated his dupes. Although the Inspectors in GBA did refer to the Aerogators as "Stray Balmarians". And perhaps the puppet master was allowing his puppets to sabotage each other as they worked towards the same goals.

Well, ultimately Euzeth's motivation was to destroy his own people, so it wouldn't be that out of place.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

First I've heard of this I think, surprisingly. I've long known the zygote that became XG started as an FFVII proposal, but another intermediary life adds to the tale, even if there are pretty much no visible influences from CT on XG, other than Mitsuda for the music.

Yeah, it's quite curious. Well, there's the Lucca cameo in XG, heh. And the whole space setting thing was for CT2, and enough was conceptualized apparently that when it was changed to be an original project, they had to keep that. Considering things, space setting for a CT sequels sounds like hunting for more Lavos-like lifeforms to stop them, or discovering their home planet or something. Does XG has something similar to monster hunting while exploring the universe?

That said, from other recently uncovered stuff about CT's development, it might've been a chance to use scrapped ideas.

* Per Shinichiro Okaniwa's tweet (he worked on field graphics), Chrono Trigger was to be called "Grand Dream", with the heroes all coming from other planets destroyed by Lavos, who in their last moments sent the heroes into the dimensional seas to find their way to the Chrono Trigger planet. The game would have also required the party to defeat Lavos simultaneously in each era.

So who knows.