Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Well, that actually wasn’t so bad. Mainly because it was painfully easy, I essentially just watched the game play itself. The game was hard in the beginning but now I feel like I’m watching an army of unkillable gods have the game play itself, the wave of reinforcements was essentially just free exp as a result. Which made that chapter more bearable, on the plus side, but I have a feeling this last stretch of the game will be a bit boring.

Chapter 22 is the other map I warpskipped, it’s the one with all the enemies stuffed in the city in the middle for no reason. It still hurts my brain to look at, but if it goes like the last chapter did…

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

51 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Still made good use of it, since it's where Book 2's Chapter 2 takes place.

Oh... Yeah, that's a good point. I never realized, since the place seemed to grow a whole bunch of forest.

42 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ymir.

Ymir is cool, yeah. Shame about his availability... In both games, unfortunately. He's incredibly late and bad in the sequel too. Shame. Athena's great in SD, Etzel's awesome in NMotE and Horace is usable in both, but Ymir never gets a chance.

37 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Well as they say, it isn't a modern Fire Emblem game unless the youngest characters get the skimpiest outfits.

Unfortunately so.

I didn't even use the capture mechanic in my playthrough. I really need to return to Fates soon because there is just so much I missed out on, no even mentioning DLC and the amiibo stuff.

Capture is wonderful. I love it so much, one of my favorite things about Fates.

That is the most HD Fates footage I have ever seen.

I have my completely legit Nintendo PC set to 4x upscaling. It makes everything look crispy.

36 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Tailtiu and Silvia

Another thing I love about Berwick Saga is that the obnoxious fanservice is mostly just not there. These are the most fanservicey designs in that game.

f49f467df00d863f34296915124fc0572055f50c035_-_Dama_de_Serenia_-_Apostol.jpg

Yeah. Kind of a far cry from the likes of FE dancers, no?

33 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, that pic with the way the wyvern rider is holding their weapon, and the special effect of the attack, it almost looks like he's holding a rifle and the accompanying shot. XD

Nichol be like "Snipin's a good job mate."

28 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Doesn't seem like much of value was lost. One of the more forgettable FE1 maps.

Yeah, it's one of those maps that just kinda... exists. It has a boss with a funny name, though. What kind of a name is Orridyon...? It's so horrible that I still remember it even though the boss is peak forgettable.

25 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Oh I don't have a problem with them. I just prefer not having to deal with the idea of abusing them. I have a bad habit of using them a lot once I use it even once. I'm not bothered by them or others using it. It's not like I've never used them.

I have zero self restraint

Hahaha... Ah, don't worry. Happens to the best of us.

Well that's just an unfair comparison. Matthis makes everyone look like bad units. 

Too true. Too true.

At least your snipers get good exp here. Tomas can always use more levels. It's so odd that the seize point is right in front of you, but getting there likely gets you screwed over by ambush spawn dracoknights, making you too afraid to approach it until the reinforcements have run out. Funny game.

I keep telling myself I'll do book 1 one day, but then I just do SD instead because of reclassing. 

There's arguments to be made for book 2 against FE12, even I can see that, but book 1? Book 1 has exactly two things over SD: Wendell is in the prison in chapter 6 instead of in the enemy army in chapter 5, which never made any sense at all; and Bantu is good. That's it. Beyond that, it's just less content, worse interface and nonexistent difficulty. Not worth playing in the slightest, I don't think.

23 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Oh god, the game is even uglier then I remembered.

It's a 3DS game. It really couldn't look much better, that console is not capable of great graphics unless you go 2D or aim for an artstyle that works within the limitations.

...Which is why I say that FE should've stayed 2D, because then it could look like Berwick Saga instead of a Wii shovelware game like... you know which one.

But at least it has jiggle physics. Those were system resources well spend.

I can't say I've ever noticed them. Probably haven't used Camilla enough.

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yes

Blade Lord Lyn still has jiggle physics.

Isn't that only in the western versions? I know, it sounds like it should be the other way around, but as far as I remember, it isn't.

Just now, Sooks said:

Well, that actually wasn’t so bad. Mainly because it was painfully easy, I essentially just watched the game play itself. The game was hard in the beginning but now I feel like I’m watching an army of unkillable gods have the game play itself, the wave of reinforcements was essentially just free exp as a result. Which made that chapter more bearable, on the plus side, but I have a feeling this last stretch of the game will be a bit boring.

Chapter 22 is the other map I warpskipped, it’s the one with all the enemies stuffed in the city in the middle for no reason. It still hurts my brain to look at, but if it goes like the last chapter did…

Who are you using exactly, again?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Another thing I love about Berwick Saga is that the obnoxious fanservice is mostly just not there. These are the most fanservicey designs in that game.

What prude place you come from to think bare legs shown like that can even be considered fanservice?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They most certainly took full advantage of the 2D visuals by adding loose elements to most designs that look absolutely beautiful in motion.

Sylvis is probably the best example of that.
(Berwick_Saga)_Sylvia.png

Edited by BrightBow

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Who are you using exactly, again?

From the most recent chapter:

Marth, Abel, Caeda, Barst, Sedgar, Linde, Lena, Jake, Est, Tiki, Hardin, Ogma, Wolf, Etzel (who really just fills space), Xane (same thing), and Maria (also just fills space).

On hard 2, which might have been a low difficulty to shoot for, I don’t know what all of the hards are like.

20 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yes

Blade Lord Lyn still has jiggle physics.

Does she actually? I never noticed.

I know in Warriors there was a ton of it which is the reason I could never take it seriously.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I have my completely legit Nintendo PC set to 4x upscaling. It makes everything look crispy.

Ah, so that's how you're getting footage.

Personally I find the limited 3D models of the 3DS games charming and more appealing to look at than the 2D games. 

That's a me thing though.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In comparison to most modern female character design it is extremely tame, which is saying a lot with how short those skirts are.

19 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Except it does.

Lyn's chest bouncing does not in any way require additional resources. There are no additional calculations required because all the system does is to display the next sprite. There are no actual physics involved.

Fine, my bad. I misunderstood your point.
Still don't see how this makes a game bad, though. But that's just me.

Don't get me wrong, I am probably the person on this thread who hates Fates the most.
I absolutely DESPISE that game. And you should know this if you ever read any post about it that I made.

20 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Well you got me there.

I mean no offense, just pointing out that modern FE is far from the only culprit in this case.
And I feel like more people should finally start to acknowledge it.

I myself have no horse in that fanservice race.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Fine, my bad. I misunderstood your point.
Still don't see how this makes a game bad, though. But that's just me.

Don't get me wrong, I am probably the person on this thread who hates Fates the most.
I absolutely DESPISE that game. And you should know this if you ever read any post about it that I made.

I didn't say the game was bad. I said the game was ugly as all hell.

25 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What prude place you come from to think bare legs shown like that can even be considered fanservice?

You didn't know? Showing anything other but your eyes is bad fanservice and should be exterminated from FE

Edited by Father Shrimpas

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I mean no offense, just pointing out that modern FE is far from the only culprit in this case.
And I feel like more people should finally start to acknowledge it.

I myself have no horse in that fanservice race.

Oh, sorry if it seemed like I was offended in some way.

I've barely played any of the older games, a fact I'd like to change in the nearby future, so I wasn't sure if there was any of that nonsense in them, which is why I said modern Fire Emblem.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Honestly, guys, FE was doomed since Day 1.

Marth does not need pants | Smash Amino

It was the standard set for the fanservice to come.

Hahaha! Oh, that kills me. 

My new headcanon is that Marth as the Hero King defined fashion for the Fire Emblem universe which is why so many characters show a lot of skin.

Edited by GuardianSing

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That's exactly the point I'm trying to make: It isn't. But that's the most lewd Berwick's designs get. I like that.

26 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

They most certainly took full advantage of the 2D visuals by adding loose elements to most designs that look absolutely beautiful in motion.

Sylvis is probably the best example of that.
(Berwick_Saga)_Sylvia.png

Sylvis's animations are amazing. Some of my favorites in the game. One-handed crossbow may be silly, but damn it's so cool.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Honestly, guys, FE was doomed since Day 1.

Marth does not need pants | Smash Amino

It was the standard set for the fanservice to come.

Truly disgusting how they appealed to their horny fans like this.

7 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

You didn't know? Showing anything other but your eyes is bad fanservice and should be exterminated from FE

Did nobody understand that I was trying to make a point? I don't think those designs are lewd, I mean, c'mon.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Hahaha! Oh, that kills me. 

My new headcanon is that Marth as the Hero King defined fashion for the Fire Emblem universe which is why so many characters show skin.

FE1's aesthetic was obviously very heavily based on ancient Rome.
Considering this, his bare legs are hardly a surprise.

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Oh, sorry if it seemed like I was offended in some way.

I've barely played any of the older games, a fact I'd like to change in the nearby future, so I wasn't sure if there was any of that nonsense in them, which is why I said modern Fire Emblem.

What FEs have you played? What games count as “the older games” can vary a bit from person to person.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Did nobody understand that I was trying to make a point? I don't think those designs are lewd, I mean, c'mon.

Yeah, sorry. This isn't really directed at you, but in general.

It's just annoying how modern FE just get dumbed down to ''Fanservice bad'' when they have alot of stuff to offer aside from skin. Especially when then the ''old days'' are spoken about like they had no fanservice even though they are full of it themselves.

You yourself became the biggest Fates Fan in the thread after trying it due to how much it has to offer.

Edited by Father Shrimpas