Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmmmm I have an existential crisis. Do I marry Selena off to Niles for speedy Nina with cool hair, or do I make him marry Nyx for magical Nina memes with a dash of questionable ethics?  Hmmm, decisions, decisions...

When in doubt, go for the funny answer.

Edited by Armagon

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Hmmmm I have an existential crisis. Do I marry Selena off to Niles for speedy Nina with cool hair, or do I make him marry Nyx for magical Nina memes with a dash of questionable ethics?  Hmmm, decisions, decisions...

What are memes without a dash of questionable ethics in war games?

Without warp, you have to consider that even if it's not displayed (I can't remember if it is), the fake Gharnefs can be hurt.

Oh, I did not know that.

Ingrid could soften up Setsuna for someone else. I had the choice between thunder and fire. I went with thunder for the extra might. There wasn't much need, she left Setsuna in the single digits noo matter what, but eh, I didn't give it much thought.

Ingrid proceeded to get a 1% crit and gain 1 point of experience because she's a prepromote. Nice. I am so glad I'm using her instead of Camilla.

...Okay, had to reset for unrelated reasons. Arthur got the Setsuna kill this time, and got... More defense? Dude! Dude, stop it, you're putting Effie to shame!

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

When in doubt, go for the funny answer.

Too true.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

What are memes without a dash of questionable ethics in war games?

Yep, Nyx it is. Don't be too creepy now, Niles.

Oh, I did not know that.

Neither did I for the longest time. It's something I'm still a bit confused about, because I'm pretty sure it doesn't display in the battle forecast, but then you start the battle and they're hurt like normal.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Saying "game bad because fanservice" is like the easiest way to immediately invalidate your opinion, right alongside "it's a good x but a bad y". You can take issue with the fanservice of course but it really shouldn't be your main critique, especially if you're arguing for the supposed negative overall quality of whatever it is your talking about.

Yeah, it's the worst. Fanservice is good and fun.

Like in Vestaria Saga, during the banquet sequence, there is that once scene where Haldyn shouts at Hoelun not to stand behind him, mimicking a scene of Tear Ring Saga where Vega said that to Julia during that game's banquet sequence. Unlike Julia, Hoelun, was not trying to sneak up on him, so she just ends up confused, and Haldyn admits he merely "always wanted to say that".
In general Haldyn seems to have this subtle little meta awareness about Fire Emblem archetypes. That he wants to be the game's Navarre, but in actually he is the game's Faye and therefore keeps getting his butt kicked.

Cyltan at one point muses that it would be great to have an advisor like Garlan, which mirrors Vanmillion saying the same thing about Ward.

They also alluded to Holmes and Katri, as well as Altenna and Arionne in the final map.
The final map in general feels like a throwback in a lot of ways. For example it has a arena sequence similar to Thracia Chapter 5.

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yep, Nyx it is. Don't be too creepy now, Niles.

So, uh, funny story.

Nyx!Nina is a lot of fun though.

Edited by Sooks

Arthur's laugh is so good.

Anyway, Rainbow Sage done. We welcome the new Shizue to the team, Yayoi, which is a silly name that I like. I also captured a generic samurai who is better than Selena, because the world hates Selena. He has life or death, which might make for an interesting, if risky to use, unit. Maybe I'll give him a shot... you know, instead of Selena. Off to the bench you go, girl. Yet again. Sorry!

13 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Like in Vestaria Saga, during the banquet sequence, there is that once scene where Haldyn shouts at Hoelun not to stand behind him, mimicking a scene of Tear Ring Saga where Vega said that to Julia during that game's banquet sequence. Unlike Julia, Hoelun, was not trying to sneak up on him, so she just ends up confused, and Haldyn admits he merely "always wanted to say that".

That line singlehandedly made me bring Haldyn out of the bench like 10 chapters after I'd put him there. It was that good. First Navarre for whom I changed my opinion. The guy turned out to be such an adorable dork.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

....seriously? Sakura doesn't have a special battle convo with Mikoto?

And if you think this whole thing is dumb, wait till next chapter. That's when it gets even dumber, because at least Mikoto appears in one chapter. It is a possibility to grow fond of her, even if it's a remote one.

So, uh, funny story.

O O F

Nyx!Nina is a lot of fun though.

That's all that matters, isn't it now?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yayoi, which is a silly name that I like.

But Ruben, it’s so close to fanservice, just remove that second y!

Edited by Sooks

OH MY GOD

I JUST FISHED A BEARD

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I JUST FISHED A BEARD IN TERRARIA

BEST GAME EVER

Now let's see Three Houses fishing a beard.

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But Ruben, it’s so close to fanservice, just remove that second y!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I must play Thracia 776, God (Kaga)'s gift to mankind, in order to cleanse myself.

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

O8lrytW.png

Imouto Supermacy is real

This image is upsetting to me.

Where is 06 when you need him?

I hope he is doin fine...

He's been gone for a while, yeah... He would've appreciated this. Hope he comes back at some point.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

(Honestly I just didn't want to be in the talk over the last few hours, that's why I said nothing)

5 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

O8lrytW.png

Imouto Supermacy is real

Corncob.

Right now I'm really appreciating the WTD.

FaGBP.png.ec14d4e96ec7248b82215a6de926418f.png

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

How did it get there?

That's my concern.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

WHAT!? Really?! Awesome! Whats it about?

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/11/hyperdimension-neptunia-sisters-vs-sisters-announced-for-ps5-ps4

That's so Ruben xD

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

FaGBP.png.ec14d4e96ec7248b82215a6de926418f.png

This image is just asking for it to make a certan joke about kek

12 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Where is 06 when you need him?

I hope he is doin fine...

Same.

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

40HSg62h.jpg?width=802&height=432

Ok but jokes aside, this one is actually like the closest one we'll get to a mainline? I mean for once, the Candidates are finally making a proper return and the scans recount the mainline games. So maybe????

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

How did it get there?

That's my concern.

It was in a crate.

The important thing is, unlike the stylist's beard, this one I don't think matches my hair color. Which means I can dye it. Which means it can potentially be used for another one of my long-term Terraria goals.

6 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

That's so Ruben xD

I am one step closer to my objective now. It's going to be great... But it might take a while, as I'm going to need some RNG on my side.

I didn't say it about 06 earlier either, but yeah, hope you're doing good out there.

(And I hope he's getting something positive out of the No Way Home news)

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

This image is just asking for it to make a certan joke about kek

Honestly the "joke" that came to my mind was modding the lancers to look closer to Thracia soldiers.

The compensating for something joke didn't work last time.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

The important thing is, unlike the stylist's beard, this one I don't think matches my hair color. Which means I can dye it. Which means it can potentially be used for another one of my long-term Terraria goals.

Is it to cosplay as Terraria's Zeus?

Today I learned this game exists. Turnip for Smash over Yoshi in the reboot.

I'm talking about that game again below. No spoilers though, this is because I've been looking at prices late..

Spoiler

Neo TWEWY's half price at Gamestop. If it's happening here, it's likely elsewhere. RIP me for getting at launch.

I could have gotten it for less than 40, but I really did want to play it then. And I got plenty of time out of it, I'm fine. But again, I once again ask all of you to consider it.

Same with the new Super Monkey Ball game as well, it's also half price.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Is it to cosplay as Terraria's Zeus?

Uh... Something along those lines. Just... More "Ruben", if that makes any sense.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Turnip has no idea who he's dealing with. The IRS is terrifying enough to scare Batman's only villain.

Since my idea to beat the boss and progress the game wasn't working out, I decided to become sidetracked by a different project that does not progress the game: Finding floating islands! There's islands in the sky and they have goodies and shit. There's not much reason for me to do this, but I needed a break from throwing myself at the annoying boss. I employed a really sophisticated method to find these islands - I built a pile of dirt, which I could thenrather quickly climb with two certain pieces of equipment. I also have something that prevents fall damage, so I can just dive bomb the world from my dirt bridge and see if I land somewhere spicy.

Actually, I haven't had to do that yet. I've found two islands and they were both in the path of my dirt.

Down to the penultimate boss, final boss, and true final boss. I'll tackle those tomorrow. I've got nearly 2 million in unspent funds to go crazy with now that the very last character has joined up. It won't buy me many Full Upgrade Bonuses, but I'll pick a few that I like, and I'll max Revolver Stake and Oxtongue Rifle D on the weapon side of things for maximum Rampage Ghost.

Once in a while, there's an enemy-only mecha design you wish you had access to.:

gsdx-20211125125451.png

This is one of them for me. Has a certain "ancient, abandoned, scarred, sealed relic that if touched will unleash hell upon the world" vibe to it. And it's vaguely humanoid with the interesting choice of no arms.

This on the other hand, is not.:

Screen-Shot-2021-11-25-at-5-09-21-PM.png

At least the purple looks less pinkish than I remember it being on GBA. And being less squat in proportions due to more screen space on a console game than a GBA one, the Axion Buster is more clearly in the center of the chest region, and not in the crotch. The latter was an unpleasant thought. Speaking of the Axion Buster, someone didn't seizure-proof the animation, the rapid flash-black looked like it could trigger a brain overload in someone prone to them.

It's rather hideous. And the red with green visor now makes me think the Rivale is some cursed Power Suit upgrade for Samus, or the ultimate form of SA-X.

---

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Does XG has something similar to monster hunting while exploring the universe?

No, nothing of the sort. It all happens on a single planetoid. Though something kinda sorta maybe vaguely resembling Lavos to a certain defined and limited degree is found in XG.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So who knows.

Interesting older premise. Fighting Lavos in every era simultaneously would've made for a different way to tackle a final boss's multiple stages, if demanding you make all your teammates are endgame-ready and arranged synergistically. I guess it'd be a matter of "if Lavos survives in a given era, it can regenerate itself in ones where it has been destroyed, past or future".

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

13 Sentinels and Sakura Wars really showing that the best VNs are the ones that actually have gameplay.

....I'm in no way comparing the two games outside of that, Sakura Wars narrative cannot even match 13 Sentinels. I'm just saying that the only way you'll get me to read a VN is if there's actual gameplay to be had. Even something mindless, just give me something to do besides read.

Reminds me that I have no interest in watching anime, but tolerate what must be a heckuva lot of anime tropes and gags and other lowbrow amusements as long as it's in a video game.

It's weird, I shouldn't like certain games I have, given my disinterest in reading animanga. And I dunno what it is that makes me more accepting. Is it having gameplay? Is it "video games are goodness incarnate" so there is no hesitation, and some unconscious trust in the product?

48 minutes ago, Dayni said:

How did it get there?

That's my concern.

Ripped it off Poseidon/Neptune or a merman's face, obviously. Mer-hair makes great waterproof rope for ships, it's why they went extinct IRL.

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I've known of it for a while. I remember the reviews placed it in 6-7/10 territory. So not bad, but nothing approaching incredible.

Well, to be completely fair, my random exploration of the skies, as if a Disco Elysium event it were, did yield some unintended results regarding the main quest. See, the problem with the boss is that it outmaneuvers me because my jumps are pitiful. In the floating islands, however, I've found items that allow me to take flight to a rather impressive altitude for this early on in the game.

Tomorrow I'll give it another shot. I feel more confident now that I have the power to subjugate the y-axis as I will. Kinda.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Once in a while, there's an enemy-only mecha design you wish you had access to.:

gsdx-20211125125451.png

It's here where i admit that i've been conditioned to think that every mech with the big spikes like these is the Xenogears.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I dunno what it is that makes me more accepting. Is it having gameplay?

Honestly, probably yes. Games often have other qualities besides just the haha anime. 

But if you're watching anime or reading manga and it's got the tropes you don't like, there's really nothing you can do about it. Cause that's the main subject. There's nothing to divert your attention away from it besides dropping it entirely.