Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, GuardianSing said:

I've been looking to buy a newer 3DS since I've been using the oldest model for the oldest time so maybe this is my motivation to do so. My only worry is whether or not I'll be able to transfer old game data to a newer console.

If you can open the settings menu you should be able to do so right?

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Nyx is starting to annoy me. She gets doubled by things and dies if anyone looks her way, and her power isn't even that good. It's really annoying, she's growing pretty badly.

...She really should pull herself together, she's got some competition now. After all, there's always a first time for using Ophelia-- Pffft of course not, but Daniela exists in Conquest now. Garon sent her to us as reinforcements or something.

Inb4 I kill Takumi with Daniela and upload it to Youtube, getting a whole bunch of comments asking how I got her in Conquest

11 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Every day he curses his parents for not naming him "The Roger".

They tried, but it was taken. There can only be one The Roger.

7 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Sometimes i even forget my own vantage except on like, Odin, for which Nosferatu makes him not proc the needed vantage kek

I don't think I've ever even had Vantage in Fates. I don't care enough about Vantage in any game that isn't called Berwick Saga.

Hehe. I'm at least 60 percent sure that if I tried everything your doing on my poor laptop that it would explode within seconds.

O O F

Yeah, no arguments there. Citra is a good emulator, but it is rather demanding.

I've been looking to buy a newer 3DS since I've been using the oldest model for the oldest time so maybe this is my motivation to do so.

Ahh yes, the oldest model. You had the ambassador program? I do in my 3DS. Unfortuantely, nowadays I don't get much use out of it. Mainly because the last time I did (when I managed to snipe the last copy of Echoes in one of the local game stores), I realized the screen is microscopic and my eyes burn after extended playing sessions. Not nice.

My only worry is whether or not I'll be able to transfer old game data to a newer console.

Hope you are able. Saves are always nice to have.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Hehe. I'm at least 60 percent sure that if I tried everything your doing on my poor laptop that it would explode within seconds.

I've been looking to buy a newer 3DS since I've been using the oldest model for the oldest time so maybe this is my motivation to do so. My only worry is whether or not I'll be able to transfer old game data to a newer console.

You can.

Last year I bought a New 2DS XL, and was able to transfer the stuff in the 3DS XL I've had since like 2012 or so to that one with no problem.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

If you can open the settings menu you should be able to do so right?

After testing out a few things it seems the system crashes just within a few seconds of turning it on so...dammit.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't think I've ever even had Vantage in Fates.

Not surprising, as it's a myrmidon skill, which in conquest you can only get through Odin or Kaze reclass iirc.

And Avater if you chose it as talent

12 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

My only worry is whether or not I'll be able to transfer old game data to a newer console.

shouldn't be that hard. Back then i used to hack pokemon by hacking save files and send on trade quite a bit.

Although newer versions might've fixed the exploit, dunno

I hate that map in fe1, but here I have a love-hate relationship with it. Specifically, I love it in the beginning, figuring out just how to finish those first few turns without anyone dying is a fun challenge itself (unless you decide to lowman, you coward). But then, the infinite reinforcements start pouring out. It’s not that difficult to plug up the four in the bottom right (which are the worst ones, and also the ones that made the OG in fe1 literally the worst map) if you just stick your high movement units in Marth’s group, and if you’ve got a master key lying around (which you should) you can give it to someone in one of the two top groups to plug up the reinforcements there. Except in the group on the left, one of the reinforcements is a ballista and you have no way of knowing this when you pick blind, so please don’t be me and pick the left group. The only reason I didn’t have to restart my attempt halfway through was because I just so happened to have Jake with a thunderbolt in that group. Anyway, the more problematic reinforcements this time around are the two at the top, which spawn in Medues’ group every other turn (one of them is a magestone manakete, which is basically the scariest enemy type in the game) and you will not be able to get up there that quickly, so have fun dealing with them the entire chapter. Other than that, though, the map is extremely tightly designed and fun. Also I beat it legit so yeah, go me.

Anyway, that’s Shadow Dragon. Game was fun, especially in the beginning was everything was well… tight. Again. (I also use that word to describe my favorite FE for gameplay, which is not a coincidence). The game slowly got easier as my units got more powerful until the game started playing itself (except at Endgame), but I can just pick a harder difficulty for that next time. How are the other Hards in this game, anyway? I’ve heard things about hard 5 but no one’s opinions on 3 or 4, I don’t even know the hards are specifically different from each other. I like the big cast size because it makes this game good for iron manning, and this game has quite a few units that are fun to use.

Tier list time.

1Fv3cDx.png
Shadow Dragon being added to A tier is the big thing here. Ignoring Shadow Dragon for a second, though, the only other big change (I don’t remember what the order of B tier was before but they’re all like the same so it doesn’t matter) was essentially switching the placement of fe4 and Conquest. I don’t know why I put fe4 in S tier before, I guess I didn’t care about the enemy blocks that much back then, but in retrospect they’re a bit too big of an issue for it go in S. Meanwhile we all know how flawed Conquest is, so it only got A tier before… but dang it, I just love it too much as a gameplay experience to leave it below S, this is my tier list and I enjoy the game, deal with it.

There are now 6 games left I haven’t played! Something about slowly updating them in this tier list is so satisfying to me.

The real questions is what to play next though. Conquest and Trails to Azure is what I’m debating between, really.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, it's not like the time I beat Medeus with Macellan in hard 4.

But did he do the vast majority of Medeus’ health or did he just steal someone else’s kill?

Roger is fated to be single. Unlike The Roger, who is the original Pent.

So who is the original Louise?

36 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Congrats on beating Shadow Dragon.

Now do it again with Bord, Cord, and Ymir.

Ymir? Is he even usable?

33 minutes ago, Benice said:

Fun fact: If Marth dies in your playthrough, him and Caeda get a different ending. You should try it on your next ironman!

Fun fact: If Caeda dies in your playthrough, you get a different scene at the end of the game as opposed to Marth asking Caeda to go to Altea with him. Instead of being sweet, though, it’s depressing.

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Fun fact: If Caeda dies in your playthrough, you get a different scene at the end of the game as opposed to Marth asking Caeda to go to Altea with him. Instead of being sweet, though, it’s depressing.

Well, that's the point of it. The Curse of Artemis striking Marth and all that.

Hmm

I have an idea on how to make my BR playthrough eventually interesting

• Nohrian units instead of Hoshidan (there's a hack for that)
  • Mostly kids
  • Let others pick the moms for the kids 

Between the zzz parts i can play fun Conquest paralogues Ü

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The real questions is what to play next though. Conquest and Trails to Azure is what I’m debating between, really.

New Mystery.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So who is the original Louise?

Her name is Mel and she's a troubadour who looks oddly like Caeda.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But did he do the vast majority of Medeus’ health or did he just steal someone else’s kill?

He was a real hero.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, that's the point of it. The Curse of Artemis striking Marth and all that.

Well, The Curse of Artemis isn’t as powerful as save states.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

New Mystery

I’ve had enough DSFE for now.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hey, I know SOME things about the game

But yes, Shadow Dragon based.

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hey, I know SOME things about the game

But yes, Shadow Dragon based.

I mean, you probably know more about it than me, I just finished it.

But when you played it, did you use Est and Tiki? This is very important.

But when you played it, did you use Est and Tiki? This is very important.

I... Actually never finished it, since I lost my save file when my computer broke while I was out backpacking.

I did use Bantu, though!

mean, you probably know more about it than me, I just finished it.

Nah, I don't know much about it. I happen to know about the Caeda scene, as well as a couple of other bad endings, but there's a lot I don't know.

Edited by Benice

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’ve had enough DSFE for now.

Continue Disco Elysium.

Well, in that case... I can't really help you. I mean, I would say Conquest, but you've already played Conquest, haven't you?

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I... Actually never finished it, since I lost my save file when my computer broke while I was out backpacking.

RIP.

How far did you get before you lost your save?

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Nah, I don't know much about it. I happen to know about the Caeda scene, as well as a couple of other bad endings, but there's a lot I don't know.

Bad endings? There’s more than one ending?

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh yes, the oldest model. You had the ambassador program? I do in my 3DS. Unfortuantely, nowadays I don't get much use out of it. Mainly because the last time I did (when I managed to snipe the last copy of Echoes in one of the local game stores), I realized the screen is microscopic and my eyes burn after extended playing sessions. Not nice.

Hope you are able. Saves are always nice to have.

I bought my console used back in 2016 so I have no idea.

There were probably better versions I could've bought at the time but back then I barely knew anything about Nintendo as a game company other than that they made the original Smash Brothers on the N64.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Bad endings? There’s more than one ending?

Well, for individual characters- Est and Abel get alt. Endings if one of 'em's dead, IIRC. I think some others get that too.

How far did you get before you lost your save?

I wanna say he same chapter you get Est?

Bantu was about level eight or twelve-ish at that point, I think.

Edited by Benice

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Continue Disco Elysium.

(Man it’s been a while since that was used here, huh?)

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, in that case... I can't really help you. I mean, I would say Conquest, but you've already played Conquest, haven't you?

Touché. I mean, you know you have that massive backlog like… Steins;Gate, which you definitely want to play shoe desperately.

I mean, I could play something else, but it’s Conquest.

I actually think I will go with Azure, though, since I only want to play Conquest a little bit, and you actually are right. Mostly because I want play Azure more, though, and that’s what matters most.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, for individual characters- Est and Abel get alt. Endings if one of 'em's dead, IIRC. I think some others get that too.

Oh, yeah, Echoes does that too.

I

F O R G O T

V A N T A G E

A G A I N

S O M E O N E   P L E A S E   K I L L  M E-- DANIELA DODGED, DANIELA DODGED, DANIELA DODGED THE 74 THAT WAS GONNA KILL HER, EVERYTHING IS FINE, LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL AND THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT

...Wow, Daniela gets fuck all for experience though. Why did she get 4 points from killing Ryoma? You'd think a level 3 prepromote boss would give a level 6 strategist more experience than that...

Anyway, Bitter Intrigue is over. I was going to finish earlier and go without the armorslayer again, but then I realized I have a samurai with Life or Death that could use it, so I stalled just long enough to get both it and the money. Daniela fought Ryoma all on her own, it was quite something.

43 minutes ago, Sooks said:

(Man it’s been a while since that was used here, huh?)

Oh well. Too bad.

Touché. I mean, you know you have that massive backlog like… Steins;Gate, which you definitely want to play shoe desperately.

Ah yes, that massive backlog I've had all 2021. Of games not from 2021.

I mean, I could play something else, but it’s Conquest.

Isn't this just the most Teehee phrase or what?

I actually think I will go with Azure, though, since I only want to play Conquest a little bit, and you actually are right. Mostly because I want play Azure more, though, and that’s what matters most.

Great. I've talked someone into playing Trails. Go figure. Maybe I should look out the window and see if I spot any flying pigs.

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Why's Sophie's personal so stupid

Because Fire Emblem Fates.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

1Fv3cDx.png
Shadow Dragon being added to A tier is the big thing here. Ignoring Shadow Dragon for a second, though, the only other big change (I don’t remember what the order of B tier was before but they’re all like the same so it doesn’t matter) was essentially switching the placement of fe4 and Conquest. I don’t know why I put fe4 in S tier before, I guess I didn’t care about the enemy blocks that much back then, but in retrospect they’re a bit too big of an issue for it go in S. Meanwhile we all know how flawed Conquest is, so it only got A tier before… but dang it, I just love it too much as a gameplay experience to leave it below S, this is my tier list and I enjoy the game, deal with it.

There are now 6 games left I haven’t played! Something about slowly updating them in this tier list is so satisfying to me.

>Shadow Dragon that high based

I haven't updated my tier list in a while...

hmmmm

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Great. I've talked someone into playing Trails. Go figure. Maybe I should look out the window and see if I spot any flying pigs.

I was probably gonna go with Trails anyway, since there still might maybe possibly be that linked run, and I'm also just more in the mood for it.

Besides, Fates had already flooded the thread twice, no need for it to happen a third time.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

>Shadow Dragon that high based

I haven't updated my tier list in a while...

hmmmm

I just like slowly updating it as I get through these games. Don't know why though, maybe I'll follow the path of Ruben and put in in my sig when it's done. Better than what's there now.

Daniela, have a spirit dust. Of course, you understand, now that I've given you a statbooster, I am commited to using you. Do not let me down.

7 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Never punished

I deserve it. The RNG has not been kind to me.

I was probably gonna go with Trails anyway, since there still might maybe possibly be that linked run, and I'm also just more in the mood for it.

I'm so glad that you are capable of being in the mood for Trails.

Besides, Fates had already flooded the thread twice, no need for it to happen a third time.

Better than Trails flooding it again. Because then other people get to feel out of place instead of me!