Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My full lunatic team was: Warrior/Zerker Yubello (whatever suited the situation best), Sage Yumina, Falco Maris, Etzel, Sniper Sheema, Xane, Feena, Leiden, Horseman Matthis, multiple classes Caeda and Swordmaster Kris.

So uh... yeah. Honestly, I was super happy to discover you can get away with a team like that in lunatic.

New Mystery is certainly something else. I need to reach that level one day. Most meme runs I do are on maniac, since I like the silver card too much. I believe the closest I did to a meme unit in the super high difficulties was Berserker Ryan on R Lunatic, but he was oo OP to even be called a meme also I used Est but that's an optimal strat. To be fair, I thought lunatic was the hardest thing in the world when I first did it with sevral casualties, but then when I did R lunatic a couple of months back, it went mostly well and with everyone recruited. One day, I gotta use Macellon and Dolph on lunatic...maybe

Yes, I've always liked the New Mystery prologue as well, which actually seems to be a somewhat unpopular opinion.

Don't worry, that just means it's based.

That's how bad Malicia/Marisha/Mallesia/whatever her name is this time of the year is. She's literally OG Faye for an engaged man, I mean c'mon, Sooks you're better than this.

When you play New Mystery and want to use a new set of units, but remember that Malicia is the only hammerne user for 99% of the game. I swear I always go "Time to try out Yumina or Wrys, but then Malicia gets 3 full level ups. Stop being OP! I want to drop you! Doesn't help that she's carrying my team in my ironman rn. You're boring lass!

My skeleton?

Yes

Curse you Edelgard for ruining "My (blank), I can't unhear it

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Actually, doesn’t this game have supports? Which ones should I get, fe12 expert? I want to actually get to know the Archanean characters after 2 games, and you seem to know a lot of the supports. No I’m not using Tomas, thanks for asking.

I personally enjoy Sirius and Belf. You'll get Sirius early on, and he's super cool, so I'd be surprised if you didn't use him. Belf on the other hand, isn't anything special as a unit, and it takes some time for him to show up. Of course, everyone talks with Kris. 

51 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why are they some of your favorite fe12 units?

Well, for me, I like the fact that they seem to canonically be reclass machines according to the FE Cipher card game. The level 4 promoted Yubello and Yumina cards are hero and sniper. There's no level 4 cards for sage or bishop. Made me think Ruben was in charge of that set. Also, their supports are neat to an extent too. 

53 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The ladyblade thief in chapter 2 is excellently placed, I had to devise like my entire strategy for one of the most hectic turns around it and I only barely got it

Gotta love risky but rewarding set ups for items in maps. It's really great for female units that reclass into something that can use swords...oh and Cecil too. Since Falcon knights use swords when they promote, it's quite handy to have on them.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

My boy showing why he's the best lord.

It's always nice going from SD to New mystery and seeing Marth actually get chad growths. Also, his base stats not being at 20 from the last adventure make sense, since nobody seems to train him in that game

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, I forgot to respond to this since there were so many things to reply to today.

Of these, I've only played A Hat in Time. It was pretty fun, though I ended up getting bored with it. Maybe one of these days I should give it another shot.

"A Hat In Time" is fun.

Completed the first two chapters and a bit of third chapter.

It merges platformers from the 64 era with current ones like "Odyssey". This game has really good humor and very creative levels or acts as they are called here. It is notable that lots of stealth chapters exist (maybe a bit too many for me). It is a tough and creative platformer with some puzzles

Edited by Julizan

37 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

It's always nice going from SD to New mystery and seeing Marth actually get chad growths. Also, his base stats not being at 20 from the last adventure make sense, since nobody seems to train him in that game

I got him to max level at the end of SD because I had basically nothing better to do with the exp. He didn’t cap anything other than speed and still got doubled by Medeus.

Is there any point to Jagen’s random comments on Kris’ stats? Last chapter he said his speed was exemplary and that the white wings would struggle to keep up, and now he says that his skill is that of an expert and he has nothing to add (of course you don’t, his skill is capped).

Edited by Sooks

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, what wrong impression? It's a work of fiction! Let fiction be fiction, and RL be RL.

I like my escapism as much as any other "healthy" person. But what's wrong with wanting some trappings of history? And Ideal Heroic and Batsh*t Evil Monarchs as the only options is rather drab, adding the middle ground of mediocrity adds a dash more diversity. Not like I'm asking IS to make a lord with three mistresses and several unknown illegitimates born of rape, a smile whose teeth are yellow and few, and whose skin bears the scars of smallpox. That'd be too execrably gritty for my tastes.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I uh... I stopped reading the story after Gangrel died. Gangrel was a joy to watch, but everything else failed to make me feel anything. While I do find it pretty interesting that they killed Gangrel off so early and stuck to their guns, this time I kinda wish they'd used the ol' reliable "I retreated" excuse and made him the main villain. He deserved it.

Gangrel is a fun villain but I'm okay with him dying where he was with his ideology if it meant he didn't have to be apart of the resurrection of Grima. You can recruit him near the end of the game and he has a few supports where he details his dislike of Validar and the Grimleal in general.

While I personally like Walhart and Validar...I can see why a lot of people don't care for them.

So far, two of my favorite FE characters are Emmeryn and Gangrel. What are some of the favorites of ya'll?

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, Xander's map ends in like two seconds. He put all of his points into his furrowed brow and neglected his actual stats. Man is so pathetic it hurts lol, I'm surprised he managed to one-shot Elise like that.

When I first played that chapter I thought it was going to end in two turns but thanks to critical hits, it ended in one.

...And so all the gold I spent on tonics when down the drain.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So yeah, no. It's awful, Peri's an awful character. But who cares.

Peri is the big one, but I've also noticed just how many characters in Fates have the gag where they're just super okay with bloodshed and killing people. Camilla has it, The girl with the cross on her face has it, most of the retainers in Conquest have it...

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

3bXjTI6.png

Hero Trio leading the charge against one old man

Can they still be called heroes?

Wait...

Is that Ike?

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I like my escapism as much as any other "healthy" person. But what's wrong with wanting some trappings of history? And Ideal Heroic and Batsh*t Evil Monarchs as the only options is rather drab, adding the middle ground of mediocrity adds a dash more diversity. Not like I'm asking IS to make a lord with three mistresses and several unknown illegitimates born of rape, a smile whose teeth are yellow and few, and whose skin bears the scars of smallpox. That'd be too execrably gritty for my tastes.

Then find a different video game for that. FE never touted itself to be that, why should it change.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Wow, deployment is really tight in chapter 3. Sorry Ruben, I know you wanted me to get Arran’s support but…

Arran seems like a really, really broken Jagen. However, this illness that keeps being mentioned is an incredibly cool concept for a Jagen and his design is unique for a Jagen (and cool in general) so I like him.

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

So far, two of my favorite FE characters are Emmeryn and Gangrel. What are some of the favorites of ya'll?

Literally the entire cast of Three Houses.

Okay, okay, not the entire cast, but if you want me to pick favorites, I like Edelgard and Dimitri. For non main characters, Lysithea, Dorothea and Linhardt are all pretty cool.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Is that Ike?

Amiibo reward.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Then find a different video game for that. FE never touted itself to be that, why should it change?

All I was asking for- a totally average, not cartoonishly evil, not saintly good, monarch. Is that too hard to fit into FE as is? I didn't demand that they be a lord, that might not even suit them. They'd be better off as a notable NPC or lesser playable character at best.

FE already tries for a medieval veneer, which is merely that, a facade. And yet, it has gone a little further and tried tackling matters such as bloodlines and classism, so it it's not like you could turn the Falchion into a sci-fi plasma saber and say it's still FE. FE is medieval, high fantasy medieval with an anime flourish. -But again, is what little I would like to see -but have no expectations of ever encountering- truly incompatible with dragon lolis? 

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

All I was asking for- a totally average, not cartoonishly evil, not saintly good, monarch. Is that too hard to fit into FE as is? I didn't demand that they be a lord, that might not even suit them. They'd be better off as a notable NPC or lesser playable character at best.

FE already tries for a medieval veneer, which is merely that, a facade. And yet, it has gone a little further and tried tackling matters such as bloodlines and classism, so it it's not like you could turn the Falchion into a sci-fi plasma saber and say it's still FE. FE is medieval, high fantasy medieval with an anime flourish. -But again, is what little I would like to see -but have no expectations of ever encountering- truly incompatible with dragon lolis? 

I was referring more to the realistic angle.

Ultimately... we already did. FE isn't lacking in gray-scale rulers. That's how we got the likes of Arvis or Edelgard.

Well, OG Ballisticians could fire lasers... so... and the whole "FE on Mars" idea that was once considered.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is there any point to Jagen’s random comments on Kris’ stats? Last chapter he said his speed was exemplary and that the white wings would struggle to keep up, and now he says that his skill is that of an expert and he has nothing to add (of course you don’t, his skill is capped).

It's just a fun little comment he'll make every now and then throughout the game. I suppose you can see this as the game letting you know whether your Kris has been screwed over in any stat or not. 

19 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Dimitri and Leif and Cord

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I got him to max level at the end of SD because I had basically nothing better to do with the exp. He didn’t cap anything other than speed and still got doubled by Medeus.

Medues is such a fun and fair final boss, isn't he?

I don't think I like any Medeus in in each version of SD. In FE1, he has 32 defense, which is annoying and basically demands that you use Falchion. In SD, he has ridiculous speed, and in FE3 Book 1, he looks like a mole rat. Come on Meddy. I can't take you seriously. Oh well, at least the sequel has Chad Marth. Especially the way he walks to his enemies in Old Mystery battle animations.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ultimately... we already did. FE isn't lacking in gray-scale rulers. That's how we got the likes of Arvis or Edelgard.

Except they're a little too outstanding for what I meant. They're grey, but they're extraordinary. I was looking for the monarchs who you forget about. Big important kingdoms don't always have momentous individuals, and not necessarily all at the exact same time in a particular geopolitical region of the world. 

And it's not like a mediocre has to mean the kingdom has no political vigor whatsoever if that is such a problem, it can be carried into some vitality by a more capable prime minister. Who might not be able to exert quite the same degree of power and impact as the royal head honcho, but can certainly leave their mark on history. Perhaps Louis XIII wasn't average and was merely unfortunate enough to have his son be the most glorious French king ever and that made him look average rather than great. But, there is no denying Richelieu was a man of unmistakable import. I'm willing to separate a lack of great talent in the king from the fortunes of the kingdom.

-Not that I'm demanding any of this. These are but musings, of seriousness no greater than suggestions on interior decoration.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Except they're a little too outstanding for what I meant. They're grey, but they're extraordinary. I was looking for the monarchs who you forget about. Big important kingdoms don't always have momentous individuals, and not necessarily all at the exact same time in a particular geopolitical region of the world. 

And it's not like a mediocre has to mean the kingdom has no political vigor whatsoever if that is such a problem, it can be carried into some vitality by a more capable prime minister. Who might not be able to exert quite the same degree of power and impact as the royal head honcho, but can certainly leave their mark on history. Perhaps Louis XIII wasn't average and was merely unfortunate enough to have his son be the most glorious French king ever and that made him look average rather than good. But, there is no denying Richelieu was a man of great import. I'm willing to separate a lack of great talent in the king from the fortunes of the kingdom.

-Not that I'm demanding any of this. These are but musings, of seriousness no greater than suggestions on interior decoration.

It's still a piece of media. Of course we will focus on the outstanding rulers, regardless of morality or competence. This is why in the original game we don't even see King Ludwig, and King Mostyn and Hardin's Brother only get a single scene each.

Camus is this in regards to Ludwig. Not the Prime Minister, but still the more impactful individual.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

It's still a video game. Of course we will focus on the outstanding rulers, regardless of morality or competence. This is why in the original game we don't even see King Ludwig, and King Mostyn and Hardin's Brother only get a single scene each.

Indeed. I think it's fair to say a story in any medium will most likely focus on the Great Men/Women of their world, since that is quite entertaining. The average rois, not so much. They would require a story with a more modernist tone, something more popular video games wouldn't tackle.

Of course, one way to make an exemplar appear more exemplary? Include some rift-raft whom they naturally shall be shown to rise high above! A middling monarch could make the King of Kings look ever more deserving of such a title.😛

I like how chapter 3 gives you the option of rushing the enemy immediately and wrapping up the map quickly or slowly walking around the entire thing but you get a bonus unit… and the bonus unit is Matthis. Very funny joke guys.

25 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

6fwrhph789571.png

An old tier list i made.

Looks… time consuming. All that time and effort was wasted, though, because I see no Nino and Est on here.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not really, it just gives you an idea of how Kris's stats are coming along (and there is a different line depending on some threshold the game considers good, mediocre, and bad).

9 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Some that are coming to mind are Travant with his cold practical cruelty, Dorius and August make for an interesting contrast of moral ideals to influence young Lief (Lief is great too...); Saul makes for a interesting contrast as despite his womanizing ways his supports fairly consistently show a glimpse into the religion of Elibe; Hector and his clear issues with toxic masculinity makes for a fascinating character; L'archel is a fun romp of a character in what is otherwise a snorefest of a game; the acerbic attitude and tactical mind of Soren is one of the better Tellius characters (too bad RD character assassinated Naesala out of my favorite spot by murdering his agency), I rather like Minerva and her complicated relationship with her family and nation, I have already said a bit on the Grustian twins above, Cervantes's mustache (and just the mustache) beats out the other characters of Awakening for being more memorable than the rest of that game...honestly the more modern FEs tend to bog themselves down with rather meh characters, as Cervantes's mustache is one of the most memorable things about Awakening, Fates literally needs headcanon to get a character that is in the same ballpark as those above (like villainous Azura), the Alm/Celica contrast isn't the worst (although lets not summon too much of Echoes debate with that one), but most of that came from Gaiden...sigh, much as TH has exhausted my interest in it, I guess Edelgard is kinda interesting...that game probably deserves more comment but I would rather not bother.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think you have forgot about them, like Hayden, the staggeringly mediocre king of Frelia, or the incompetent king Mordred of Etruria, or even the old king of Grust, the easily cowed and incompitent Ludwig (who is never even seen to be fair...)

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And it's not like a mediocre has to mean the kingdom has no political vigor whatsoever if that is such a problem, it can be carried into some vitality by a more capable prime minister. Who might not be able to exert quite the same degree of power and impact as the royal head honcho, but can certainly leave their mark on history. Perhaps Louis XIII wasn't average and was merely unfortunate enough to have his son be the most glorious French king ever and that made him look average rather than great. But, there is no denying Richelieu was a man of unmistakable import. I'm willing to separate a lack of great talent in the king from the fortunes of the kingdom.

This sounds particularly like Mordred, where the king languors away in uselessness, while his generals and minister shape the great empire towards great acts of good, and evil...

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

So there's ~200 of them?

More like there being so many characters to really tier them up on how much I like them... and partly that it's not something I actively ponder about for the most part.

Edited by Acacia Sgt