• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Well, 6x certainly provides an interesting challenge of recruiting the benchwarmers. I’m not sure it’s very good, though.

Anyway, I did it and killed every single generic enemy to boot! It was really just a matter of using the units who couldn’t one round to choke points, so as not to kill Caesar and Radd, and having those who good clear a path outside of their range. Although neither Caesar nor Radd would attack until all of the generics with them died, I’m not sure if I got very lucky or if that’s how the AI works, but that’s what saved me. If I got lucky then yeah, this map probably wasn’t very good, but if that’s how they always act it’s pretty interesting and a decent map. Way too short, but decent. Although I guess the cramped box feel adds to the design.

30 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

There are so many generic womanizer, is this one Sain? Saul? Homer? Iuchar? Gatrie? Laslow (I legitimately don't remember if that is his Awakening name or his Fates one...)? Soliel? Gray? Sylvain? AH Luke...that is the one.

Hey, Luke isn’t a generic FE womanizer! He isn’t introduced as “man, I just love the lay deez! Will you go out with me?” and has a personality outside of liking women. That’s more than Sain, Saul, Laslow, Soleil and kind of Gray can say.

IMG_20211127_231722.jpg

So TIL that Sophie is the first (and only?) Atelier protag to canonically drink. Granted, this isn't her game and she's too young to drink in her own game (16 in Atelier Sophie vs 26 in Atelier Lydie & Suelle) but still.

33 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You can reclass them to whatever you want if you happen to like one of them

Oh no, I was more making a jab at how Archanean Cavaliers just blend in together because 95% of Archanea characters do not exist.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hey, Luke isn’t a generic FE womanizer! He isn’t introduced as “man, I just love the lay deez! Will you go out with me?” and has a personality outside of liking women. That’s more than Sain, Saul, Laslow, Soleil and kind of Gray can say.

Sooks, I'm gonna have to put you down, these opinions are cringe and are a threat to human society.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

95% of Archanea characters do not exist

Play New Mystery.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sooks, I'm gonna have to put you down, these opinions are cringe and are a threat to human society.

I’m not surprised this is from the guy who finds Shadow Dragon mediocre.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Play New Mystery.

I did. I do not remember most of the characters.

I've said it before but Archanea is the Gen 1 of Fire Emblem characters in the sense that 98% of all the cool characters came after so I simply do not care for the OGs that much.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It's not my fault FE3 Book 1 is better.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I can't believe there's another Armagon here.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Play New Mystery

Based response

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, 6x certainly provides an interesting challenge of recruiting the benchwarmers. I’m not sure it’s very good, though

On higher difficulties, this chapter is practically impossible to get through unharmed, especially while recruiting these legends. The only way I ever get through this is by using rescue on Marth to seize the map in one turn after dracoknight Kris kills the boss. Its been a long time since I did it on hard, but I do remember Caesar and Radd dying quite a lot, so I might assume you got lucky with their AI.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh no. Is Sooks becoming a based DSFE enjoyer? Someone stop him before he becomes too powerful.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

t's not my fault FE3 Book 1 is better.

Wrys

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I've said it before but Archanea is the Gen 1 of Fire Emblem characters in the sense that 98% of all the cool characters came after so I simply do not care for the OGs that much.

AwakeFates is the Gen 1 of Fire Emblem because they’re the ones IS shoves down our throats 24/7. Like, if they ever made a Pokémon Warriors, it would have the same amount of gen 1 mons as Fire Emblem Warriors has AwakeFates characters.

Hey, what’s wrong with gen 1 anyway? It’s got some cool ones, there’s definitely not a huge gap in coolness between it and the rest of the gens. That title would go to gen 2, which hurts to say because my favorite was from that one.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but fe11 has this secret, hidden mechanic that fe3 sounds like it desperately needs:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

an actual challenge.

On higher difficulties, this chapter is practically impossible to get through unharmed, especially while recruiting these legends. The only way I ever get through this is by using rescue on Marth to seize the map in one turn after dracoknight Kris kills the boss. Its been a long time since I did it on hard, but I do remember Caesar and Radd dying quite a lot, so I might assume you got lucky with their AI.

Boo. 6x bad then.

Oh no. Is Sooks becoming a based DSFE enjoyer? Someone stop him before he becomes too powerful.

I’m actually not enjoying fe12 that much, definitely not as much as Shadow Dragon yet. Apart from the prologue, which was cool and unique, every map has been decent, bad, or boring, with half of them falling in one of the latter two-categories (3, 3x, 5, 6x). I mean, I’m still having fun, it is an FE game, but as far as FEs go, there’s better.

So, I guess I’m stopping me before I become too powerful.

Edited by Sooks

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Based opinion.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m actually not enjoying fe12 that much, definitely not as much as Shadow Dragon yet. Apart from the prologue, which was cool and unique, every map has been decent, bad, or boring, with half of them falling in one of the latter two-categories (3, 3x, 5, 6x). I mean, I’m still having fun, it is an FE game, but as far as FEs go, there’s better.

This is why OG Mystery is better. /s

Edited by twilitfalchion

12 hours ago, Sooks said:

I can hear a rant about tainting my run somewhere in the distance.

Nah.

What DLC item though?

FE12 had a series of DLCs. Three items and three extra maps (not in the main campaign). At this point, the only way to get them is to download a save file from the internet that has them unlocked. The most commonly available one, however, also has all the "beat the game in a difficulty" rewards unlocked.

Don't let it worry you too much for now. It's something to play around with on replays.

12 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I just assumed that was the guy's name and now I really wish it actually was.

Heh... Well, I can understand that. Ignatius is a handful of a name. Not to mention also the name of a throwaway Awakening boss...

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

Anyway, sorry Wrys and Cecil, you’re getting benched for Jubelo and Yuliya

Okay, fine. I can approve of this move.

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

Dg7kO1M.png
Maybe I wasn’t giving him enough credit earlier…

You know, if you changed him to a physical class, he'd already have more power.

...Still, mage Yubello actually has one of the highest magic growths. A staggering 50%. Is it enough to compensate for the negative 2 base magic? Not really, but hey.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This reminds me of what I stumbled on during my brief time on Discord.:

cgb7s4q6q2h31.png

A little more sophisticated and different from the usual "rate the attractive sex" chart.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Oh this is hilarious.

...Where's Alois, though? They put forgettable bosses but not Alois? My knowledge of this classification scheme is limited, but Alois strikes me as the perfect fit for a category called Twinkish Bear. Or Bearish. Really, either of them could be filled by him.

Unfortunately there isn't a "dapper" category for Hanneman

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was gonna save this for a "Punish Ruben with 3H moment", but I changed my mind.🥰

Oh wait, sorry, I was supposed to hate it? Okay, hold up, let me get into "Hate Three Houses" mode.

Aaarrrrr grumble grumble, Three Houses bad gurrrrrr I hate Hilda, damnit damnit damnit.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

The random cleric we picked up a couple chapters ago just so happened to be Lena’s pupil? Sure game, sure. She’s studying under a new teacher anyway, her name is The Bench.

Well, that’s chapter 5 done. Fe12 seems to think the idea of a good side objective is to spend 10 turns walking there and then to the enemies. I don’t like that, but the game has been pretty insistent on sticking villages, which you can only visit with the lord who is also the only character who can seize, in the corners of maps, and then separating them from the center of the action with terrain Marth can’t cross (mountains!). It did it in chapter 3, and now it happened again here in 5. It just makes everything needlessly slow.

It happens a few times, yeah... What I do is just have Marth run a lap around the map after every enemy is dead. Not ideal, but eh.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Well, 6x certainly provides an interesting challenge of recruiting the benchwarmers. I’m not sure it’s very good, though.

Anyway, I did it and killed every single generic enemy to boot! It was really just a matter of using the units who couldn’t one round to choke points, so as not to kill Caesar and Radd, and having those who good clear a path outside of their range. Although neither Caesar nor Radd would attack until all of the generics with them died, I’m not sure if I got very lucky or if that’s how the AI works, but that’s what saved me. If I got lucky then yeah, this map probably wasn’t very good, but if that’s how they always act it’s pretty interesting and a decent map. Way too short, but decent. Although I guess the cramped box feel adds to the design.

Let me tell you, in lunatic this map was... an experience.

6 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

On higher difficulties, this chapter is practically impossible to get through unharmed, especially while recruiting these legends.

I did it in my lunatic run.

It was by far the most unenjoyable part of the run. Nothing compared.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Damnit Sooks.

...Nah, honestly, I can understand that. Hopefully it gets better for you as it goes.

6 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

This is why OG Mystery is better. /s

...But... the maps are the same. Except the game is slower and the UI is clunkier. Find a better way to sell your game! You cannot defeat me with such flimsy arguments!

5 hours ago, Benice said:

W0sSyGn.png

I think this ad was generated by an AI.

Where in the world did you see this ad?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Well look at that. 13 Sentinels is coming to the Switch. Japan-only for now but it's only a matter of time before the West gets the same announcement.

Soon, y'all will have no excuse to not play this.

7 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

Wrys

Memes aside, Wrys always gets the one-way ticket to the bench.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Hey, what’s wrong with gen 1 anyway?

Nothing's really wrong with it, I just care for the stuff that came after way more.

As far as FE 11 and 12 go... for me, the presentation is just... poor. The characters, the graphics, the gameplay, the UI... i just don't like any of it.

Sorry for any fans of those games, but i'd say they are mediocre at best.

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

Want me to twist the knife even more?

No.

Turns out you didn't need that.

I said no!

If you beat Episode II without the true sword, you unlock a special Episode that unlocks the path to the true ending anyways.

All the sword pieces do is let you reach the true ending quicker.

So yes, Kaga wishes he did this. He weeps while Iga Default Dances.

I almost forgot to react to this gem.

The reaction is as follows: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well look at that. 13 Sentinels is coming to the Switch. Japan-only for now but it's only a matter of time before the West gets the same announcement.

Well... No, actually, I do. On Switch it pretty much guarantees 60 bucks, no chance of a discount. I am not gambling that much on a game where all the info I have is that someone with vastly different tastes than me says "trust me it good."

Sorry man, I really do want to trust you there, but it is a proven fact we don't like the same things in games and stories both.

11 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I love how teehee agrees the most on Rev loool

Who woulda thunk it.

11 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Nice

Really would've liked pc port more tho

Yeah same.

My opinion on the triaxis of 3H men is that I don't really get it much, just not something I've thought about with this game.

45 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I love how teehee agrees the most on Rev loool

Guess I am truly not of Teehee stock after all.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I mean, technically I hadn't much excuse to begin with as I could access it on PS4 in some form.

Well, except for everything else I should be dealing with. So 'tis a bit not on the list when it's already long.

I am so confused looking at the Book V ending for Heroes. What was going on? (He says, having quit nearly a year ago)

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Ü

ASCEND

True speedrunning gifts there.

(Removing the grid on games that were designed for it without accounting for it were a mistake)

Last i played feh it was about ice and fire or something

wth happened kek

Edit: A girl...who doesn't worship the grounds kiran walks on? Maeda what happened?

That evil laugh tho kek

Edited by Father Shrimpas