Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Where's Alois, though? They put forgettable bosses but not Alois? My knowledge of this classification scheme is limited, but Alois strikes me as the perfect fit for a category called Twinkish Bear. Or Bearish. Really, either of them could be filled by him.

Unfortunately there isn't a "dapper" category for Hanneman

There is still empty room for another "Literally Just Dracula"-esque category to the upper left. You can fit "Hannemaniac" there.

And yeah I noticed they were missing a few characters. Also Gilbert, Jerry, and the Ashen Wolves' Twink and... I'll guess Hunk?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh wait, sorry, I was supposed to hate it? Okay, hold up, let me get into "Hate Three Houses" mode.

I forgot you can not-satirically laugh at it once in a while.😆

24 minutes ago, Dayni said:

My opinion on the triaxis of 3H men is that I don't really get it much, just not something I've thought about with this game.

Not familiar with gay physique type stereotypes? -I never thought about them regarding 3H myself, I'm just amazed someone did, and sorted it so precisely, and vibrantly. Thats extra effort there.😄

2 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Archanea has characters? It only has numbers iirc

Thats identical to the same weird mindset I've gotten into with Modern FE. "14CQDR02" might as well be Ophelia's name to me, and Silas's "14AL05", to pick two random individuals. There are but subjects, whose purpose are to awaken their inner strength and bring forth results.🧐

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

"But one of the most egregious things that this game does is that you can't actually save the game for most of it. At least, as far as we can tell, and we tried our darnedest to figure it out — it seems like you can only save in the sections where you have the interactive menu available, which is about once every 30 minutes at least"

Yeah, I read that review. Throwing a Switch game sleep mode means that isn't a huge problem you want a break, but it is an issue if the game crashes.

Suda's first game sure wasn't his best. He has become better with gameplay over time -people have fun with No More Heroes- but when he began, I know he was art > gameplay.

Clunky gameplay defined the masterpiece that put Suda51's name on the cult classic map- Killer7. Which if you aren't familiar with it, is Basically Persona, although it released in the year before Persona 3. It involves an old man assassin in a wheelchair with an elephant gun who fights invisible exploding terrorists called Heaven Smiles using his seven different personas. These include a black man with a golden gun, a luchador with a grenade launcher, and a woman who slits her wrists to spray corrosive blood.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Well look at that. 13 Sentinels is coming to the Switch.

Hopefully, some of the rest of Vanillaware's portfolio can follow. 

The Switch, while certainly incapable of beating the PC and its decades-old catalogue, is becoming somewhat popular for VNs. Portability suits the genre that's most like books.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Soon, y'all will have no excuse to not play this.

If I'm going to starting playing VNs, I'll follow the "take LSD" option and start with that yaoi hentai. All I need is someone not my family to buy it for me b/c they can't know about it.

Admittedly VNs aren't my genre, but I sure don't mind sci-fi. And I would like to continue patronizing Vanillaware. Not that they make the best games out there, but they're a small company, with a great aesthetic, and my two samplings so far have been enjoyable, so they deserve continued support. 

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well... No, actually, I do. On Switch it pretty much guarantees 60 bucks, no chance of a discount.

Not trying to convince you to purchase the game or anything. But no chance of discounted starting price? -True.

No chance of sales ever? Not necessarily. Sega own Atlus, who published 13S and most -though not all (Muramasa being the big exception)- of Vanillaware's gameography. Sega does do fairly regular sales of its IPs on Switch. Whether this would apply to a title Sega only published, not developed, is an open question. I don't see a sale happening within a year of release, but later? Possibly, it's quite speculative, given what I just said of whether Sega would discount a third-party title at all.

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

wth happened kek

Everyone from Fireland died in its final battle. Then the gatcha went to Hel, and then they went off to Fairy Dreamland. And then they visited Mecha Dwarfland. They haven't said what the next destination is yet.

Just play Odin Sphere if you want a better pastiche of fairies and Norse junk.😜

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

v95b32ayc9281.jpg

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

hen they went off to Fairy Dreamland.

Ah yes the horny world

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And then they visited Mecha Dwarfland.

I still want to see a legit sci fi FE tho

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not familiar with gay physique type stereotypes? -I never thought about them regarding 3H myself, I'm just amazed someone did, and sorted it so precisely, and vibrantly. Thats extra effort there.😄

I just don't think about these things much myself so I don't have anything I can contribute to it.

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

v95b32ayc9281.jpg

Yeah that video was... sure something visually.

They had centaur mech suits that could launch missiles. I quit soon after so I don't get the above girl's deal.

(The SDatBoL ballastician returning?)

Edited by Dayni

Agreed. But let 3H remind you- dark cults and sci-fi are not incompatible. In the name of Sava Volkruss, have no hope that IS would leave them behind. Give in to your despair at this truth, and embrace your yearnings for destruction.

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Really would've liked pc port more tho

The chances are higher now but I'm really happy it's becoming more accessible.

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

love how teehee agrees the most on Rev loool

Balance restored.

Well... No, actually, I do. On Switch it pretty much guarantees 60 bucks, no chance of a discount

I got it on sale lol. And Nintendo doesn't determine 3rd party sales.

Sorry man, I really do want to trust you there, but it is a proven fact we don't like the same things in games and stories both.

Hey man, Banner Saga is still in the air.

It's also on-hold, I haven't really played it much after Egil became best friends with a rock.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Everyone from Fireland died in its final battle

Ah but then one of the Fireland girls came back to life and is now dueling Fjorm against her will because the gods are petty. 

I think idk.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

dark cults and sci-fi are not incompatible.

Case in point: the Sith.

And I don't mean Sith Lords, they are cool, I mean just regular people who worship the Dark Side of the Force.

Edited by Armagon

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Agreed. But let 3H remind you- dark cults and sci-fi are not incompatible. In the name of Sava Volkruss, have no hope that IS would leave them behind. Give in to your despair at this truth, and embrace your yearnings for destruction.

You want me to become Dark Shrimpy of Doom Sea, eh?

Man, I have not been this impressed with the visuals of a JoJo OP since Bloody Stream.

It was so based of them to bring back the CGI. Which normally I would not be saying that, as CGI in anime usually sucks ass. But Kamikaze Douga is based.

Song is a banger too.

Edited by Armagon

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Case in point: the Sith.

And I don't mean Sith Lords, they are cool, I mean just regular people who worship the Dark Side of the Force.

Does Star Wars not provide enough good reasons for a large number of people to go that way? Are the wannabes just edgy weebs? Is it that the social organizational structures of evil jedi-dom are terrible?

And thanks for providing a very mainstream sci-fi & dark cults example. The not-FE example I was alluding to was nothing more than an original subseries within SRW.

FYI, on 13 Sentinels, I've read commenters' remarks stating Japan rarely bites on ports a year or two afterwards. So if true, then Switch 13S sales would be mostly international.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FE12 had a series of DLCs. Three items and three extra maps (not in the main campaign). At this point, the only way to get them is to download a save file from the internet that has them unlocked. The most commonly available one, however, also has all the "beat the game in a difficulty" rewards unlocked.

Don't let it worry you too much for now. It's something to play around with on replays.

Oh, I’m not worried, I can beat the game without tainting my run.

You know, if you changed him to a physical class, he'd already have more power.

With his strength growths from 10 to 15 in the physical classes he has access to due to his base strength growth of 0, yeah.

Damnit Sooks.

Haven’t you agreed with me on like every map I’ve disliked, or at least the aspects I haven’t liked?

Well, other than prologue 8, which you didn’t comment on.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well look at that. 13 Sentinels is coming to the Switch. Japan-only for now but it's only a matter of time before the West gets the same announcement.

Soon, y'all will have no excuse to not play this.

Guess who’s had a PS4 this whole time.

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is still empty room for another "Literally Just Dracula"-esque category to the upper left. You can fit "Hannemaniac" there.

Hah!

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And yeah I noticed they were missing a few characters. Also Gilbert, Jerry, and the Ashen Wolves' Twink and... I'll guess Hunk?

Jerry?

I mean, Gilbert and Hanneman are old and it's possible the thing was made before Ashen Wolves came into existence. No excuse for Alois, tho.

45 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not trying to convince you to purchase the game or anything. But no chance of discounted starting price? -True.

No chance of sales ever? Not necessarily. Sega own Atlus, who published 13S and most -though not all (Muramasa being the big exception)- of Vanillaware's gameography. Sega does do fairly regular sales of its IPs on Switch. Whether this would apply to a title Sega only published, not developed, is an open question. I don't see a sale happening within a year of release, but later? Possibly, it's quite speculative, given what I just said of whether Sega would discount a third-party title at all.

That is a fair point.

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hey man, Banner Saga is still in the air.

It's also on-hold, I haven't really played it much after Egil became best friends with a rock.

If you end up liking B. Saga, I will consider 13 Sentinels.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh, I’m not worried, I can beat the game without tainting my run.

You're acting like an elitist now, Mr. Savestates?

With his strength growths from 10 to 15 in the physical classes he has access to due to his base strength growth of 0, yeah

40% strength growth as a fighter.

Yeah.

Haven’t you agreed with me on like every map I’ve disliked, or at least the aspects I haven’t liked?

Ehhhh more or less.

Well, other than prologue 8, which you didn’t comment on.

Prologue 8 is less tight than the rest of the prologue. It's also annoying to play without turtling at the top. Not my favorite.

Me? It's not me.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Does Star Wars not provide enough good reasons for a large number of people to go that way?

With the examples i'm familiar with, not really. Star Wars does make it clear that temptation to the Dark Side is a real thing and it can physically and mentally corrupt even the strongest of Force users (There are Dark Side users who aren't corrupted by their power but they are a rare kind) but that's because Force users are much more sensitive to their emotions and whatnot. Why a regular person would willingly worship the Dark Side is beyond me.

34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah and you willingly played through Detroit: Become Human so you have the least excuse out of anyone here.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You're acting like an elitist now, Mr. Savestates?

Save states accomplish the same thing but with less time, DLC changes the game!

I actually don’t care if anyone uses DLC or not, as evident by the strike through. If something is in strikethrough I’m likely not being serious. Flayn and her fish!

40% strength growth as a fighter.

Yeah.

Remind me when class sets merge.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah and you willingly played through Detroit: Become Human so you have the least excuse out of anyone here.

Not just played through, I 100%ed it. 😈

Even less of an excuse now. This is not right.

Hey, I willingly acknowledge it’s a very flawed story/movie/whatever. I just like what it does in… whatever you would call the genre, the one where you make choices and the game pretends like they matter except they don’t. Except in this one, they do, a lot.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Sooks becoming Mr.Elitism himself i see

Careful with taunting me now Shrimpy, don’t forget how much power I have with your pick the Nohrian parents run.

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I just like what it does in… whatever you would call the genre, the one where you make choices and the game pretends like they matter except they don’t. Except in this one, they do, a lot.

It's called a visual novel.

12 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

There you go. I did something.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Save states accomplish the same thing but with less time, DLC changes the game!

Hm hm hm... That's a lot of words that don't change the fact that you are a fake elitist.

I actually don’t care if anyone uses DLC or not, as evident by the strike through. If something is in strikethrough I’m likely not being serious.

Or course, of course, I was just playing along.

Flayn and her fish!

AH

Jesus Sooks, don't scare me with Three Houses like that.

Remind me when class sets merge.

Sure will.

Not just played through, I 100%ed it. 😈

I still think that was absolutely insane, even if you did enjoy the game.

Claude.

What's so scary about him? He's just the one staff guy from Genealogy.

ECb5544WkAUr8Pz.jpg

I would like to change my pairing pick, make Beruka marry Leo

No wait, Peri. Make him marry Peri. That's even more miserable.

Edited by Saint Rubenio