Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

That many bows, though?

Both Killer Bows and a Crescent bow, got the shining bow for merge purposes and a couple of irons as I had one before.

I was seriously lacking, Ludwig had a bow only because I got Violin bows from My Castle.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The only one I like is Hinoka, and that's only because she has a rad design

And at least the Fates VA doesn't sound like she's been chainsmoking since Corrin got kidnapped.

Character wise, she's kinda eh to me.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I probably wouldn't mind her if it wasn't for the constant panty shots. She's just a generic anime girl that is peppy and energetic, the kind of character that usually I forget even exists. As it is, though, she's been reduced to "wow they actually went and sexualized THAT" in my mind. Unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Constant?

I'm trying to think of how many (and am disgusted with myself for that, thanks) and I can't think of it being that frequent. Course the fact it happens to begin with is... yeah.

Awakening for all it's faults never had that issue.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

It doesn't

Elise wears what-ever-it's called under her skirt.

I think the point is the upskirt shots, which are a thing still. And it's not like other characters don't get them either, I was referring to it more broadly (See: F!Corrin.)

5 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Except...Elise is like the one character in the game without Panty Shots....

I mean, just because it's not with literal panties it doesn't mean the spirit of the trope ain't happening. Bloomers or panties, she's still effectively flashing her undergarments.

7 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Except...Elise is like the one character in the game without Panty Shots....

What?

I mean, look, I know I'm kind of a dick about this sort of thing, but... C'mon, the camera lingers on her ass for three solid seconds for absolutely no reason. It could not be more blatant. And this is just the biggest example - throughout Conquest the camera keeps bending over backwards so it can point up her skirt. Though, admittedly, it is possible that this is an unintended side effect of trying to show Camilla's butt as much as humanly possible, and Elise just happens to be standing next to her a lot of the time.

Oh I'd forgotten that happens in the same chapter as T-posing Garon... talk about extremes. It's literally the best and the worst scene in Revelation, back-to-back.

6 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

It doesn't

Elise wears what-ever-it's called under her skirt.

No offense, but you're kinda arguing semantics here. So what if her underwear isn't called panties? They still keep shoving the camera under her skirt and I don't like it. I call it "panty shots" for convenience's sake, so I don't have to google "what underwear does Elise Fire Emblem wear" to find the exact word.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind if other people don't mind. Not saying you're a terrible person for liking Elise or anything. It's just an issue that makes it difficult for me to like her.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I think the point is the upskirt shots, which are a thing still

Yeah that is true, sadly.

But there's quite a level between bloomers and Panties.

Not to mention it's Fates, bloomers are far from the worst thing they show kek

Edited by Father Shrimpas

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No offense, but you're kinda arguing semantics here. So what if her underwear isn't called panties? They still keep shoving the camera under her skirt and I don't like it. I call it "panty shots" for convenience's sake, so I don't have to google "what underwear does Elise Fire Emblem wear" to find the exact word.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind if other people don't mind. Not saying you're a terrible person for liking Elise or anything. It's just an issue that makes it difficult for me to like her

Why does that bother you, exactly?

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I suppose Fates is far beyond the point where egregious panty shots of a child ruin the experience. It's not like you would expect anything better from it.

Just now, BrightBow said:

I suppose Fates is far beyond the point where egregious panty shots of a child ruin the experience. It's not like you would expect anything better from it.

Either, Elise is a child and seeing that bothers you, or: Elise is a child, gets married, and has kids and that could bother you. 

In terms of Fates, morales never applied, so what does it even matter?

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Either, Elise is a child and seeing that bothers you, or: Elise is a child, gets married, and has kids and that could bother you. 

In terms of Fates, morales never applied, so what does it even matter?

Hey, don't ask me. I always say Fates is a vile piece of shit.

You know who isn't sexualized at all, though? Selena. Seriously, I hate that it took me this long (and such a stupid reason as a funny S support) to give her a real shot. This girl is absolutely amazing. Or maybe she's just RNG blessed, I dunno, but... either way, whoa.

Anyway, Shura is beat. I spared him because... honestly, who cares at this point. If I need boots, I can grab the path bonus boots. I am not killing this man.

Oh that's right, next map gives two free slots! The wiki lists Shura map as "Corrin + 12" and Kotaro as "Corrin + 13", but since Xander takes a slot in Shura map, that's effectively two more slots. Which means I can add someone else on top of Midori.

Hm. That will require some consideration. Any suggestions, Teehee dwellers?

34 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Yeah that is true, sadly.

But there's quite a level between bloomers and Panties.

Not to mention it's Fates, bloomers are far from the worst thing they show kek

I mean, yeah, but for the most part it's adults they're sexualizing, not... y'know, Elise. The character that the localization team had to add a "technically an adult" line for to cover their backs. And since she's a main character, they get far more opportunities for it than other characters. Camilla is the dumber design for sure, but at least she's a full blown adult.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Because she's a kid and it's icky that the game goes out of its way to sexualize a kid like that. Everyone else is an adult, so beyond going "well that's a dumb design" it's not too bad of an issue. The exception would be Nyx, but once again, at least Nyx has a neat character if you look past the outfit. Elise is just "hyper kid that gets upskirt shots occassionally." Thus, I don't like her.

I know this is the same game where you can have children marry. I so wish it wasn't the case, but gameplay good, so I'm willing to look past the very questionable pandering.

Just now, BrightBow said:

Hey, don't ask me. I always say Fates is a vile piece of shit.

I mean, yeah.

But, fun.

Fates was beyond redemption the moment they presented their molestation mini game. I'm not forgetting about that just because the localization removed it.
Would be hard to do anyway, considering the mindset that created it is still entrenched in every facet of the game.

So uh, changing the subject.

Would anybody be willing to present an argument in favor of Velouria? Azura!Velouria, to be precise.

Just now, FlyingKitsune said:

I just popped in and I see we are talking about... erm, Fates stuff. Was not expecting to see that topic of conversation.

Sorry about that. It happens from time to time. Even though at this point we all know where we stand on this topic.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sorry about that. It happens from time to time. Even though at this point we all know where we stand on this topic.

You can always trust Fates to be the game that creates a divide.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Would anybody be willing to present an argument in favor of Velouria?

Well, biggest positive for Velouria is her raw stats, and the skills she can inherit from her mother. From Azura she can get Darting Blow from example, which will make her double everything even with -spd stone, while from Keaton i think she can get gamble (his reclass is fighter, right?).

Biggest Negative however is that beasts are 1 range locked with no 2 range option at all, and nothing as strong as the Dragonstone.

I had a Camilla Velouria once which was really good, and she inherited Swordbreaker which made her really kick ass.

5 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

I just popped in and I see we are talking about... erm, Fates stuff. Was not expecting to see that topic of conversation.

It's a game we play here alot, but also a game that's really....divisive

6 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

That's pretty fitting of it.

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

It's a game we play here alot, but also a game that's really....divisive

That's only true of me the last while really.

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Even among fans of Fates, oddly enough.

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Well, biggest positive for Velouria is her raw stats, and the skills she can inherit from her mother. From Azura she can get Darting Blow from example, which will make her double everything even with -spd stone, while from Keaton i think she can get gamble (his reclass is fighter, right?).

I... seriously doubt I'm going to perform all the steps to get cute skills on her. She'd have to get on the team of her own merits... Which, to be fair, she does have a pretty neat hood.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'll just say. Hearing someone rant about X enough times... is a good reason to be just "meh" once encountering it oneself.

Too true. I'm performing a service here. Thank you for understanding.

I used to be like, the only Fates advocate over here, then Sooks became a chad Fates enjoyer, too, and we were able to bring Ruben to the dark side, and then it snowballed

Edited by Father Shrimpas