Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I... seriously doubt I'm going to perform all the steps to get cute skills on her.

Well, you can reclass her for a few levels to get those skills, and maybe even stick with one of the classes.

You will be in E rank hell for a while tho

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

we were able to bring Ruben to the dark side

Is this forum actually just a cult in disguise?

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Is this not just Fates?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Even among fans of Fates, oddly enough.

Fates being my first Fire Emblem definitely has a special place in my heart...even if I do remember not finishing it specifically because the story annoyed me.

But hey, I feel like I've grown passed that. Fates, and all of it's problems feel more funny to me more than anything, especially now that Three Houses is out.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

partly because I'd feel like spiting the haters.

O8lrytW.png

Completely understandable. Funny enough one reason i wanna get through awakening one day is to see if Nowi is as bad as everyone says. Or if FE fans are like usually looks first and forget everything else.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fates being my first Fire Emblem

joooooooooooo!

Conquest was my first FE!

And FE4 my second. What a whiplash kek

10 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I used to be like, the only Fates advocate over here, then Sooks became a chad Fates enjoyer, too, and we were able to bring Ruben to the dark side, and then it snowballed

I enjoyed Fates, mostly because I skipped a majority of the cutscenes and just did a nice casual playthrough.

Smash Melee was my first FE.

Well, I'm in that generation, so naturally it's Blazing Blade. I'll be forever thankful to that guy who let me play with his GBA games, hahaha.

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Completely understandable. Funny enough one reason i wanna get through awakening one day is to see if Nowi is as bad as everyone says. Or if FE fans are like usually looks first and forget everything else.

Her design is terrible but her character is pretty sweet.

I wouldn't say it's as deep as some other characters but she does have a little bit of childlike wisdom which I enjoy.

This is more of a headcanon so take it whatever way you like but her childlike nature is great at destroying the mental walls of other characters. Nowi is the only woman that Lon'qu isn't afraid of, Libra tells Nowi his deepest secret on their C support, Donnel tells about his dream and his dad in their C support. Nowi is like a pet that you can tell anything to and they wont judge you for it, she's a great listener that way.

That's not even mentioning her history with her parents and her life in slavery.

10 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

joooooooooooo!

And FE4 my second. What a whiplash kek

Hey! Conquest buddies!

I bought Awakening and Conquest on the same day and they arrived on the same day, it just so happened that Conquest arrived first so I played that one first. I didn't even know the difference between Conquest and Birthright I just knew it had the character that I mained in Smash Bros so I bought it.

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I wouldn't say it's as deep as some other characters but she does have a little bit of childlike wisdom which I enjoy.

This is more of a headcanon so take it whatever way you like but her childlike nature is great at destroying the mental walls of other characters. Nowi is the only woman that Lon'qu isn't afraid of, Libra tells Nowi his deepest secret on their C support, Donnel tells about his dream and his dad in their C support. Nowi is like a pet that you can tell anything to and they wont judge you for it, she's a great listener that way.

That's not even mentioning her history with her parents and her life in slavery.

Isn't this like the climax of her supports with Nah? How in the end Nah realizes that Nowi is partly acting her childishness or does it with the intention of serving as a way to destress or so.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Isn't this like the climax of her supports with Nah? How in the end Nah realizes that Nowi is partly acting her childishness or does it with the intention of serving as a way to destress or so.

Is it actually? I think I've read that support but not in a long time so I don't remember much of it. If that is the climax than I guess that confirms my theory.

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Is it actually? I think I've read that support but not in a long time so I don't remember much of it. If that is the climax than I guess that confirms my theory.

I went to look at it again. Okay, it's not exactly that, but it is Nah learning that Nowi wanting to play is her way of training her body in a fun way.

44 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I used to be like, the only Fates advocate over here, then Sooks became a chad Fates enjoyer, too, and we were able to bring Ruben to the dark side, and then it snowballed

I still "appreciate" the fact that I almost didn't play Conquest because I was assuming Citra wouldn't work well. It's a good thing you guys pushed me as much as you did.

43 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Well, you can reclass her for a few levels to get those skills, and maybe even stick with one of the classes.

Ehhh naah. We'll see what she looks like and I'll decide then.

40 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Is this forum actually just a cult in disguise?

Nanananana. No need to be suspicious. That's not true at all. Avert your suspicious now. Incidentally, would you be interested in partaking in an initiation ceremony? You'll require this robe:

Chaos.png

40 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Like, seriously. If I ever play Fates I'd do something silly like a Maid playthrough. Partly just mindless fun, partly because I'd feel like spiting the haters.

I would be in full support of that.

...But only if they're all generic maids.

39 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

But hey, I feel like I've grown passed that. Fates, and all of it's problems feel more funny to me more than anything,

I mean, I often call Garon my favorite character in Fates. And in a way, it's true. That man makes me laugh more than any other character in the series, he's comedic genius.

especially now that Three Houses is out.

Three houses does a really good job of highlighting how much worse it could be, yes

34 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

I enjoyed Fates, mostly because I skipped a majority of the cutscenes and just did a nice casual playthrough.

You shouldn't have skipped the cutscenes. It's an absolutely hilarious comedy.

36 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

joooooooooooo!

Wasn't it a fangame?

22 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Sooooooo basically Nyx. Not that Nyx is sweet, but she is a fairly good character, by Fates standards at the very least.

I let her die in my run.

...Okay, to be honest, my experience with Nowi was weird. At first, I intended to be a generic FE elitist and get her killed out of sheer spite. Everyone assumed I would go ahead and do that. But then someone brought up the point that she'd just retreat so there was no need to kill her. I decided, yeah, true. I'll at least pick her up, no need to be so hateful.

Then I forgot to move her and Gregor on her join map. Gregor just barely lived. Nowi got slaughtered right after Chrom and Robin were done marveling over how powerful and amazing she looked in her dragon form.

Oof.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Three houses does a really good job of highlighting how much worse it could be, yes

I'm glad Three Houses is in such a mixed bag, it'll make my first playthrough of the game free of any previous bias.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sooooooo basically Nyx. Not that Nyx is sweet, but she is a fairly good character, by Fates standards at the very least.

Yeah, basically Nyx. What makes Nowi better however is that it's easier to pretend she's just wearing a skin colored shirt instead of...well nothing.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I let her die in my run.

...Okay, to be honest, my experience with Nowi was weird. At first, I intended to be a generic FE elitist and get her killed out of sheer spite. Everyone assumed I would go ahead and do that. But then someone brought up the point that she'd just retreat so there was no need to kill her. I decided, yeah, true. I'll at least pick her up, no need to be so hateful.

Then I forgot to move her and Gregor on her join map. Gregor just barely lived. Nowi got slaughtered right after Chrom and Robin were done marveling over how powerful and amazing she looked in her dragon form.

Oof.

Big oof. Shame, she has some of the best pair up stats in the game.

Ahhhh, damn. I wish I could've given Candace to Daniela. Dani got so much experience just from whacking her a couple times... Unfortunately, Candace is too epic not to have on the team. So, on the team she goes. Or at least the bench. I haven't decided yet.

In other news, almost everyone is ready to promote. Yayoi is pretty awful, but I'm committed to making her work, so she gets Candace's dragon herbs and also both dragon herbs from the path bonus thing. Of course, I have ran out of promo items as usual, so two people will have to wait for Ninja Hell and Zola's master seals, respectively.

My first FE game was Sacred Stones.

Yes, this means I am automatically a Joshua fan. Look at his hat.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

would you be interested in partaking in an initiation ceremony? You'll require this robe:

Chaos.png

Ayo that robe lookin kinda slick👀

Considering my profile is a skeleton, I'm pretty sure I'd look like the Grim Reaper. Not very teehee.

I mean, my first one was FE7, and if Awakening didn't find all these new ways to reach below the bottom of the barrel and then some, it would easily be my least liked by a huge margin.

Path of Radiance is the one that I actually liked. Not knowing how much more advanced Thracia was then anything released internationally, it seemed like one hell of an improvement in terms of gameplay, atmosphere and writing over what was on the GBA.

22 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I almost, almot got into a Edel/Rhea debate.

Evaded that lol

Now you know how it feels for one of your units when they dodge that would-be fatal blow you accidentally walked them into.

Just find a crackship image of the two and use that as your smokescreen as you evacuate the premises. Or something more ridiculous like a meme wherein a wimp like Ignatz has everyone's bloody beheaded corpses laying at his feet, proving he was the right one after all.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Like, seriously. If I ever play Fates I'd do something silly like a Maid playthrough. Partly just mindless fun, partly because I'd feel like spiting the haters.

Ah spitefulness, can't say it's a moral positive, even against rude and entirely unlikable haters, but I can't say I'm above wanting to spite those people in my own little world either. Heck I'd even laugh a little at doing so.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now you know how it feels for one of your units when they dodge that would-be fatal blow you accidentally walked them into.

Especially since when it comes to that debate i am more on Rhea's side kek

18 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Still fasum-rasum over here myself, even if I can at least appreciate how it handles difficulty and it's system.

Maybe the game could have been decent if the interface wasn't complete junk and it didn't have absurd power creep and insane RNG dependence.

I can most certainly say that there was an attempt there. And Code Name S.T.E.A.M. most certainly showed IS still had the capacity to make an actual strategy game. But it's just too much of a mess to be enjoyable. Maybe because they had to fit it into the Awakening engine somehow.

Plus, Fire Emblem games are a lot better if you don't have to constantly preserve the lives of utter scumbags. The exception is Benny, but that just means I don't want him to murder innocent people.

Edited by BrightBow