Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

You spent like $1000 on Dead or Alive DLC.

I know these two things have no correlation, i'm just saying it's not surprising seeing you spend big numbers on something.

Dissidia! There is a difference! 

What can I say? Im dedicated!

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

FFWKd93UUAEp6I3?format=jpg&name=large

Man i'm sure No Way Home will be kino but all the posters are omega ass bro. Please Sony, it's not that hard.

FFZAlM2XoAco1V9?format=jpg&name=900x900

Like why does Dr. Strange look like he shit his pants?

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Dissidia! There is a difference

On one hand, true.

On another hand, $1000 bro.

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Dissidia! There is a difference! 

How is it possible they found a way to get anyone to spend that much?

(This isn't at you so much as I'm trying to figure out how they did it. Like, did they make all the FF6 cast playable? Gave us Vivi DLC with a full campaign? Made all the guys who die in FF2 a gauntlet? Gave a chapter with Ashe and Basch leading the crew? Brought in CT crossovers?)

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Man i'm sure No Way Home will be kino but all the posters are omega ass bro. Please Sony, it's not that hard.

Man the other poster with that background was better despite being more cluttered.

I mean, it's clear Strange is looking for his consultant friend proctologist.

(Man, 06 would be laughing so hard at this)

Edited by Dayni

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Better than having to go an entire game desperately unable to find a bathroom.:

No need to watch this in full, just skip to any moment where you see Simon walking. The animation describes itself.

-This is a very early (1988, fourth game in the entire series) Castlevania arcade game, one notoriously difficult and not very fun or well made.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I see the typical "dark blue with splashes of orange" technique action movie posters have used a bazillion times. So overall bad and generic. Nothing about it looks natural, everything looks superimposed onto the background, the webbing, the position of Spidey's legs, the mecha-tentacles. It's all discordant.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Give Benice the credit he deserves. I was brought here by Berwick. He brought Berwick here.

Yes, that is correct. I am very the best ever.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No need to watch this in full, just skip to any moment where you see Simon walking. The animation describes itself.

Truly Simon's Curse.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I see the typical "dark blue with splashes of orange" technique action movie posters have used a bazillion times. So overall bad and generic. Nothing about it looks natural, everything looks superimposed onto the background, the webbing, the position of Spidey's legs, the mecha-tentacles. It's all discordant.

Meanwhile in fan poster land

aM4bW7A_460s.jpg

It's really not that hard. All you gotta do is just not photoshop PNGs onto a background.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

funny, there are two walls in this chapter that feel essentially useless. I never even noticed the second one before.

The lower one lets you pick up Nyx halfway throuh the map if you don't want to send Corrin out of the way at the start. The second one lets you whack the archer with a melee unit. All in all, pretty useless, yeah.

...wait, a third one? Where? I've never seen a third wall in that map...

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

But then you break Revelation in half like i did back in 2016

IMG_20211129_180158.jpg?width=863&height

First time booting up Fates in years.

Bah. Bernd was more powerful than that in my run.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

It’s crazy just how much more fun chapter 1 of New Mystery is with the difficulty increase.

Yep, definitely shouldn't have underestimated you. Please accept my apologies for proposing hard the first time.

It’s also crazy how much easier getting the lady blade in chapter 2 is if Arran is your primary flier instead of Catria.

Arran is wonderful. Even more so in mixed class sets. General Arran is a joy to watch. And he falls off as he's supposed to, too. Usually I use him in every map until his A support. That's around the time he stops being useful.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Tried again.

Got to Haitaka.

Niles missed a 75%.

Guess Nyx also needs to be adjacent.

Okay but no actually, Heartseeker doesn't stack. What you probably did need was to give Niles a pair up that allowed him to double, if possible.

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FFJ6jVrX0AAHtRf?format=jpg&name=large

FFJ6kRFXIAUlK8C?format=jpg&name=large

Azama the GOAT.

Not gonna lie, I never got the hate for Azama. He's kind of a dick, but an entertaining one. Far from this game's most hateable guy.

42 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

That looks amazing.

Thank you very much! I appreciate your praise for my triangle.

I especially love the waterfalls coming from the inverted pyramid.

That was actually my first idea. I didn't even know what the pyramid's internal layout was going to be, but I knew I wanted waterfalls feeding into the oasis. Spent a bunch of the earlygame making sure to grab some water every time I went exploring.

It uh... It took a while. And I made way too many buckets.

38 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

My playtime for Awakening is in the thousand area double checkmate!

Hey, like me! Except it's not Awakening But I do have over 2200 hours on TF2.

And those are low numbers for that game.

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FFYAj_1VUAUwOWd?format=jpg&name=large

Oh yeah, I read that one today. The support had an amount of charm, but it wasn't Selena x Jakob and its godly S support.

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FFZAlM2XoAco1V9?format=jpg&name=900x900

Ahhahahahahahahhahaah

Hwahahahahhah

Oh that's fucking brilliant. Oh, marvelous. I give it 10 Garons out of 10.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Better than having to go an entire game desperately unable to find a bathroom.:

That looks like he straight up has a nasty stomach ache.

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yes, that is correct. I am very the best ever.

I mostly agree with this assessment.

Estelle is the personification of "Wait we had homework???" (three question marks mandatory) isn't she?

That aside, in Terraria I decided to try getting the Terra Blade before fighting the Jungle Temple boss. I have two required swords already (the True Night's Edge and True Excalibur) and the third item has a 25% chance of dropping from Mothra... er, Mothron that spawns during a Solar Eclipse; Solar Eclipses are usually random but the Temple gives you items to summon them manually. I defeated two Mothrons and didn't find the item, but on the other hand, I did find the Butcher's complete outfit.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I like how you can see the Green Goblin waaaaay in the background. It reminds me how Amalthus is waaaaaaay in the background of the DLC Spirits screen.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yep, definitely shouldn't have underestimated you. Please accept my apologies for proposing hard the first time.

All is forgiven if you’re gonna praise my ego like that. That’s right, I am the best at Fire Emblem there has ever been and you underestimated me!

Seriously though, it’s no biggie.

Arran is wonderful. Even more so in mixed class sets. General Arran is a joy to watch. And he falls off as he's supposed to, too. Usually I use him in every map until his A support. That's around the time he stops being useful.

Well that’s good, if he stays until A support I’ll get to see this great character you keep talking about. And the illness thing does seem really cool on a Jagen.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Estelle is the personification of "Wait we had homework???" (three question marks mandatory) isn't she?

Yes yes yes. Join the Trails cult!

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Meanwhile in fan poster land

aM4bW7A_460s.jpg

It's really not that hard. All you gotta do is just not photoshop PNGs onto a background.

It says both "so insane they've been placed in a straight jacket", and "self-bound but perfectly okay, because they have -with unholiness- transcended the need for normal limb usage".

I'm not entirely unsurprised fans can do better. My university seems to have required the graphic design students every year to make a poster for a fake movie, many of which were then put on display for the student exhibition. They looked good (which is to be expected if one is going into the profession).

Also on the topic of fake movie posters, this.:

w5.large.jpg

A designer at Platinum Games had this (the left one) made during the development of The Wonderful 101 and hung it up in the office.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

That aside, in Terraria I decided to try getting the Terra Blade before fighting the Jungle Temple boss. I have two required swords already (the True Night's Edge and True Excalibur) and the third item has a 25% chance of dropping from Mothra... er, Mothron that spawns during a Solar Eclipse; Solar Eclipses are usually random but the Temple gives you items to summon them manually. I defeated two Mothrons and didn't find the item, but on the other hand, I did find the Butcher's complete outfit.

I haven't even made it to hardmode yet. Man, I do not remember any of this from my one complete run... This is gonna be fun.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

All is forgiven if you’re gonna praise my ego like that. That’s right, I am the best at Fire Emblem there has ever been and you underestimated me!

Don't get too carried away now. Don't want me to bring up the frog incident.

Well that’s good, if he stays until A support I’ll get to see this great character you keep talking about.

Legit poses an interesting dilemma of what to do with him when he falls off. You'll understand when you get there.

And the illness thing does seem really cool on a Jagen.

Oh, and it gets better. Or worse, depending on the point of view.

Yes yes yes. Join the Trails cult!

No, it doesn't need to be any more powerul!

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

haha on phone so I can't quote the quote

1iVesJ4j_o.png

Yes, I've made the same joke twice. Cry me a river.

The lower one lets you pick up Nyx halfway throuh the map if you don't want to send Corrin out of the way at the start. The second one lets you whack the archer with a melee unit. All in all, pretty useless, yeah.

...wait, a third one? Where? I've never seen a third wall in that map...

The bottom one is the only one I'd find halfway useful in most contexts because you can distract an archer from behind after breaking the wall that way and it being by Nyx makes it make sense to go there.

There's 4 breakable walls. Only that one makes much sense.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay but no actually, Heartseeker doesn't stack. What you probably did need was to give Niles a pair up that allowed him to double, if possible.

Well, good to know that that was irrelevant.

(I also fucked up a successful run by forgetting to use Capture when I did kill Haitaka. I of course reset.)

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Meanwhile I'm just there, a stranger in a strange land.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Legit poses an interesting dilemma of what to do with him when he falls off. You'll understand when you get there.

Sooks, do not enter this spoiler

Spoiler

#Fuckcancer

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

On another hand, $1000 bro

it was $200 actuallly.

54 minutes ago, Dayni said:

How is it possible they found a way to get anyone to spend that much?

(This isn't at you so much as I'm trying to figure out how they did it. Like, did they make all the FF6 cast playable? Gave us Vivi DLC with a full campaign? Made all the guys who die in FF2 a gauntlet? Gave a chapter with Ashe and Basch leading the crew? Brought in CT crossovers?)

Um... I really dunno. Its FF, what do you expect!?

Me, finally overcoming my incompetence to clear a map:

evil-defeated.gif

(Haitaka very much captured. And with A rank Silas, I've unlocked Corrin's endclass before Chapter 10. Huzzah!)

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Um... I really dunno. Its FF, what do you expect!?

When you said 1,000 I had to wonder what stuff they added to justify getting people to spend that much. Cosmetic can only get you so far when you're not going towards full gacha or Train Simulator shit and I don't know how they put in that much additional content.

(Keep in mind I haven't seen how SE does DLC like this all that much)

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

When you said 1,000 I had to wonder what stuff they added to justify getting people to spend that much. Cosmetic can only get you so far when you're not going towards full gacha or Train Simulator shit and I don't know how they put in that much additional content.

(Keep in mind I haven't seen how SE does DLC like this all that much)

Uhhhh, I didnt say that, Armagon did. Xd

Smh dissing Fates music while only it has the good version of Awakening's Conquest

And don't let me start on some of  the Marth games map music it irritates me how many hacks use it

Edited by Father Shrimpas