Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

They end it with Fates, and we as all know it's customary to end it with the best!

Tbh i feel like with how much i play, talk about and defend Fates i should just call it my fav kek.

If only i didn't go ''Fuck you'' when 80% of task speaks xD

Edited by Father Shrimpas

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Smh dissing Fates music while only it has the good version of Awakening's Conquest

....I mean, we don't need to diss the Ablaze version. And keep in mind it's already in Awakening.

It's not different in Fates.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

....I mean, we don't need to diss the Ablaze version. And keep in mind it's already in Awakening.

It's not different in Fates.

wait

i am pretty sure it was remixed.  Because i don'T remember liking it in Awakening while i liked it in Fates...

am i just remembering wrong due to how much i played one while not playing the other much?

29 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

8wniee4wl7281.jpg?width=752&auto=webp&s=d2b66cd07fcceade5b1323f2e5be2d1b16566b28

My spiciest music take is that most Gaiden songs are better than their Echoes counterparts.

Or at least the chapter 4 theme and the final map theme are.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't get too carried away now. Don't want me to bring up the frog incident.

Hey, the frog incident has nothing to do with my strategic prowess.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Legit poses an interesting dilemma of what to do with him when he falls off. You'll understand when you get there.

Oh, and it gets better. Or worse, depending on the point of view.

Well, that makes his character sound even better. You’re certainly hyping him up, Ruben.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Also on the topic of fake movie posters, this.:

w5.large.jpg

A designer at Platinum Games had this (the left one) made during the development of The Wonderful 101 and hung it up in the office

These are very neat.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

I like how you can see the Green Goblin waaaaay in the background

He's just vibin, getting ready to ask Spider-Man if he'll save the woman he loves or suffer the little children.

46 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Tfw your gf finds out your otherdimensional selves dated other girls including your sister...

9-nine pls

I don't remember this happening in Spider-Verse.

2 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

do my 350+hours in 3H count?

Then again that's normal for that game i guess

And i am pretty sure i have much more than that in Fates by now

I thought you only played through Three Houses once? Or am I wrong? If it was just once, that was number is way too high. Two play throughs would still be lower than that, but a lot closer.

Also I missed us comparing playtimes, but my total playtime for Three Houses (across all my like… 14~ playthroughs?) is 870+ hours (which for the switch means between 870 and 875 hours). I don’t have any shocking playtimes in any other FE.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Draug isn't a tank. Much like in Shadow Dragon, he has pitiful defense but excellent speed. Make him a cav. He makes for a great cav.

Oh and I forgot to respond to this too, but why on earth would IS take someone with “pitiful defense but excellent speed” and put them in armor knight? I’m not saying that makes him a tank, but that’s a pretty baffling decision. I did just assume he was a tank because armor knight, though.

Edited by Sooks

Wait, the wyverns on the mountain in chapter 3 move on their own in maniac? Literally how is Palla supposed to survive, let alone take care of the thief before they reach the village??

12 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Once each route*

Ohhhh. Yeah, that’s pretty normal.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Wait, the wyverns on the mountain in chapter 3 move on their own in maniac?

Yeah this chapter is a lot more hectic on higher difficulties. I still sometimes struggle to remember their AI. But I think it works like this. There's 6 wyverns on the mid eastern side. The left side of them has AI connected to the center wyverns. The center ones are triggered either when you enter the shop or if you trigger the aforementioned left eastern wyverns by getting in range of 2 of them. Do not proc that until Palla is safe, or she's donion rings. The right set of eastern wyverns seems to not move until turn 8. Try to have a strong unit like Kris or maybe General Arran bait them on that turn, so they don't fly to Palla. Yeah, those wyverns suck. So complicated.

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

She one shots the thief with silver lance iirc

Wyverns and ambush ponies are the shitty part

One of the worst maps in the series imo

Yeah, she does one shot the thief, but she can’t approach the thief without being surrounded by three wyverns and an ambush cavalier, at which point it’s bye bye Palla.

7 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

The center ones are triggered either when you enter the shop or if you trigger the aforementioned left eastern wyverns by getting in range of 2 of them. Do not proc that until Palla is safe, or she's donion rings.

Oh, so I probably shouldn’t be baiting the right wyverns on turn one then?

Phew, another session of Smash Ultimate thanks to my cousin visiting, heh. My brother, cousin, and I always have so much fun when we gather, heh.

Aw, that’s good!

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I am pretty sure i killed the thief without triggering wyverns

Apparently stepping in the range of two of the wyverns on the left (which I’d been doing) is what triggers them, so yeah, oops.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Oh, so I probably shouldn’t be baiting the right wyverns on turn one then?

Nah. I've tried that several times, and it never ends well. I have false memories of ot working once, but I'm convinced it's a dream, since I've never gotten it to work since then.

9 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

One of the worst maps in the series imo

Yeah, it's hard to defend here. This map is just bad.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

but she can’t approach the thief without being surrounded by three wyverns and an ambush cavalier,

The theif should be right above the center fort at turn 3. Place Palla there as soon as the map starts and wait until you killed the theif. Cavs spawn there on turn 2 and 3. On turn 4, move Palla to the the left fort with a silver lance. Two more cavs will appear on the other forts, but Palla one rounds one of them with a silver. Then, just use a vulnerable and wait there. Only one more cavs should spawns on turn 5, and Palla should be able to take them on.

Yes, this chapter is bad. I only learned this through trial and error.

I think I have not mentioned one single word about the soundtrack of "A Hat In Time" yet. This theme tells more than a thousand of words:

A Hat in Time OST - 55 Your Contract Has Expired - YouTube

Also the bossfights are ridiculously long for some reason without having any checkpoint. Dying there is absolutely frustrating. Well, at least I can enjoy the music the more.

Announcement Livestream at 1AM PST... I mean, I know already it will be Chrono Cross, but still, I wanted to watch it live! Maybe I could stay awake that long... ... ... probably not.