Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Shaky Jones said:

Nah. I've tried that several times, and it never ends well. I have false memories of ot working once, but I'm convinced it's a dream, since I've never gotten it to work since then.

If you’ve ever played below maniac, it might have been then. Their AI works differently there, they absolutely will not leave the mountain unless you send a flier up there and park them like right next to a wyvern.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Five days for the livestream, ten for the Collab release... this is going to be a heavy week in waiting, hahaha.

Specially since there's also the rumored Chrono Cross remaster too...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

The bottom one is the only one I'd find halfway useful in most contexts because you can distract an archer from behind after breaking the wall that way and it being by Nyx makes it make sense to go there.

There's 4 breakable walls. Only that one makes much sense.

They must be really out of the way, because I've never even seen half of them.

(I also fucked up a successful run by forgetting to use Capture when I did kill Haitaka. I of course reset.)

I always make triple sure I'm picking capture. Missing Haitaka would be too much of a tragedy.

10 hours ago, FlyingKitsune said:

8wniee4wl7281.jpg?width=752&auto=webp&s=d2b66cd07fcceade5b1323f2e5be2d1b16566b28

You underestimate FE fans' power.

I've never liked Radiant Dawn's soundtrack!

Me, finally overcoming my incompetence to clear a map:

evil-defeated.gif

(Haitaka very much captured. And with A rank Silas, I've unlocked Corrin's endclass before Chapter 10. Huzzah!)

Now that you have Haitaka, you can teach Hoshido a little lesson in Hoshidan combat. Look, I know I keep repeating the line, but it's his only dialogue and I genuinely like the quote.

10 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Tbh i feel like with how much i play, talk about and defend Fates i should just call it my fav kek.

No but Three Houses has story thoe

10 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

If only i didn't go ''Fuck you'' when 80% of task speaks xD

Fire Emblem Fates characters are like seeds. You must salt the earth before they sprout.

...I don't know why I even find that so funny. It'd be a fine spiel if put on the mouth of someone who isn't... Y'know, T-posing Gray Volcens. That isn't even anything like Volcens. Because Volcens is superbly written. But I digress, Garon funny, let's move on.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Hey, the frog incident has nothing to do with my strategic prowess.

Sure, sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Well, that makes his character sound even better. You’re certainly hyping him up, Ruben.

As well I should. He's one of my favorite characters in the series. Maybe even my favorite, period. But there's some stiff competition for that.

...In the form of Berwick Saga characters. Because Berwick Saga does characters incredibly well.

Unless you're Reese's sister-in-heat, but we don't talk about her

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Oh and I forgot to respond to this too, but why on earth would IS take someone with “pitiful defense but excellent speed” and put them in armor knight?

I haven't the faintest clue, but that's always been Draug, throughout all of his versions. Good speed, awful defense. Reclassing just lets him hop on a class better suited for him.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Wait, the wyverns on the mountain in chapter 3 move on their own in maniac? Literally how is Palla supposed to survive, let alone take care of the thief before they reach the village??

You one-shot the thief with the silver lance, then you run for the hills and have her rendezvous with the team. It's not a good map, but Palla isn't impossible to save.

5 hours ago, Benice said:

(Spoiled for size)

Hide contents

Truly beautiful. I need to quote this more often.

Jesus. What part would you even quote?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now that you have Haitaka, you can teach Hoshido a little lesson in Hoshidan combat. Look, I know I keep repeating the line, but it's his only dialogue and I genuinely like the quote.

I'll be having to figure out how I handle that chapter this time after how much it took on Hard.

Because my first attempt could have gone better.

But he's already been gotten, just a matter of figuring out the first turn.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Jesus. What part would you even quote?

All of it.

This is my highlight though:

My life has changed a lot in the past two years and their are far more important aspects in life which draw my attention, I have little free time as well. Also you must be very self-conscious if you honestly think one has to stream their demo to demonstrate they aren't cheating, that just indicates your disrespect and distrust towards other players with exceptional playing ability, you'll never be a talented survivalist like me 🙂

I think I might change my mind about Velouria. This map is so annoying.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'll be having to figure out how I handle that chapter this time after how much it took on Hard.

Because my first attempt could have gone better.

But he's already been gotten, just a matter of figuring out the first turn.

Now kill Takumi with him.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

All of it.

Shoulda guessed that'd be the correct answer.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You one-shot the thief with the silver lance, then you run for the hills and have her rendezvous with the team. It's not a good map, but Palla isn't impossible to save.

That sounds like fantastic game design. 😂

I have defeated a bee and a slime in Terraria.

To be fair, it was a pretty big bee and a pretty big slime.

Now all I have to do is get my revenge on the random-ass boss in the snow biome that ambushed me while I was digging a hole all those hours ago, and I'm ready to prepare for hardmode. Which, if I remember correctly, will require digging more holes.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That sounds like fantastic game design. 😂

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it's not great, but eh. Could be worse. Could be Reunion at Dawn.

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

Ya know, i am really in the mood for Kaga atm

Hsos when?

The Vestaria twitter has gone silent again and there have been no further news.

So uh yeah.

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

Shrimpy, between Kaga and Fates

The best set of preferences, right there.

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Ya know, i am really in the mood for Kaga atm

Go Super Thracia, right now. XD

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it's not great, but eh. Could be worse. Could be Reunion at Dawn.

Isn't the aforementioned chapter an earlygame chapter, though?

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

what gave you that idea?

Uhhh... your past experience? Yup, i got nothin'. maybe i just wanted you to suffer? 😉

Edited by lightcosmo

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Isn't the aforementioned chapter an earlygame chapter, though?

Yeah but that’s what makes it better than Reunion at Dawn. Because there hasn’t been that much of the game yet, there’s not much room for variation in your units, meaning there are general strategies that will usually work, while in Reunion at Dawn if you haven’t used the right units you just get softlocked. Wow I’m really out here defending DSFE over Three Houses… And I haven’t even liked this one that much!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Yeah but that’s what makes it better than Reunion at Dawn. Because there hasn’t been that much of the game yet, there’s not much room for variation in your units, meaning there are general strategies that will usually work, while in Reunion at Dawn if you haven’t used the right units you just get softlocked. Wow I’m really out here defending DSFE over Three Houses… And I haven’t even liked this one that much!

Point was: if early game is trash game design, what does that say about it?

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Point was: if early game is trash game design, what does that say about it?

What does that say about it? That the early game sucks?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What does that say about it? That the early game sucks?

From what it sounds like, there aren't alot of solutions that lead to completion. In a game revolving around choices and options, this is what i would consider poor game design?

Creativity should be what allows you to succeed, not crutch options that you NEED to rely on like Palla being broken af.

Edited by lightcosmo