• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

45 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

The Tsun redhead went full dere on you, eh?

So it seems.

17 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Ok Severa got 2 good lvlups nice

And now she's doing it for you!

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

For 3 to get Vengeance   and Malefic Aura for Malig Knight

Vengeance on Beruka could work due to her high skl and being tanky, but...

suffering through 3 Mage levels as Beruka kek

...actually, 3 levels as Hero for Sol doesn'T seem half bad

Or even 4 later on for Axe breaker.

Edited by Father Shrimpas

Okay, I think I've figured out why my attempts against pre-hardmode's final boss were so fruitless.

Turns out, there was an ore type in Hell that I completely forgot about. I was trying to take it on with outdated gear lol. I've also decided to take it on with a bow instead of my flail. Hopefully now it'll work out.

50 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

For 1 lvl only to get Heartseeker

That's not dewing it. I may be forced to inform you that you are a chicken, cheep cheep cheep cheep!

Ah, almost! Almost got the boss. But I died near the end, got stuck on a wall.

This time I'm pulling out all the stops. I've made all the potions I could think to make. I had to go hunting for blinkroot, which I didn't want to do, but there. I will surely win this time.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, almost! Almost got the boss. But I died near the end, got stuck on a wall.

This time I'm pulling out all the stops. I've made all the potions I could think to make. I had to go hunting for blinkroot, which I didn't want to do, but there. I will surely win this time.

Which boss are ye fighting?

10 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

FrayedHonoredConch-max-1mb.gif

I could not think of a greater response to being called a chicken.

There we go, it's beaten! The Wall of Flesh is no more! Sweet, sweet loot and everything. Awesome. Time to gaze upon myself in the mirror, looking all victorious, and return home to celebrate with the townsfolk.

MY HOUSE

I DUG A HOLE ALL THE WAY UNDERNEATH PRECISELY SO THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Which boss are ye fighting?

I was fighting the Wall of Flesh, but it's done.

And then the game trolled me by turning half of my safe area into crimson. Now I have to cleanse everything, somehow.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There we go, it's beaten! The Wall of Flesh is no more! Sweet, sweet loot and everything. Awesome. Time to gaze upon myself in the mirror, looking all victorious, and return home to celebrate with the townsfolk.

MY HOUSE

I DUG A HOLE ALL THE WAY UNDERNEATH PRECISELY SO THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN

I was fighting the Wall of Flesh, but it's done.

And then the game trolled me by turning half of my safe area into crimson. Now I have to cleanse everything, somehow.

Haha! Oh, that's how Terraria gets you.

Be prepared, that's one of the more tame surprises hardmode has for you.

God fucking damnit. Half the village is dead. I used the Dryad's powder bags to try and do... something, but the fucking thing is all over the safe area. So much for safe! Oh yeah, it's safe all right. The edgy biome is neatly quarantined in my base. The rest of the world is safe! Whoop de doo!

Thankfully, I did remember there being a gun that can be used to pretty effectively vanquish corruption. All I need to do is beat a boss, and then some chick will arrive and sell me the thing. I guess I'll have to get used to demons owning my triangle until then.

Thanks a lot, game.

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Haha! Oh, that's how Terraria gets you.

This didn't happen in my first run, you know. Probably because I was smart and built in the spawn forest instead of trying to be exotic and put a triangle in a desert!

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Be prepared, that's one of the more tame surprises hardmode has for you.

Amazing. I mean, I'd claim I have knowledge, but it doesn't seem to be worth much, seeing how the game just handed over my home to the demons!

Decided to finally get back to NEO TWEWY, needed a few moments to readjust to the combat system. And then I played through Week 3 Day 2 into Day 3.

First, given a certain thing that happened, I get a sense that the writers realized they couldn't use the Rewind power as it been earlier in the story. I managed to get two of the 4-question segments right the first time around, one of the other two took some trial & error to finally get correct, and the last took a frustrating amount of tries. While I liked the alternative approach to Rewind, I still don't love the character they used it for. 

As for the boss fight that followed, the two characters who weren't bound by the boss's low HP attack were both my weakest attackers, so I couldn't free the others in time before the first got slapped for over half my maximum HP. Rather than reshuffle pins, after two tries, I simply turned it down to easy to live through the slaps and won that way. Filler boss got no emotions out of me.

I played Day 3 until the game threw a surprising 5-fight dive at me, too much enemy HP and I lost on normal. I'll cheese it on Easy. As for this day, very interesting narrative approach. I like it so far.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

God fucking damnit. Half the village is dead. I used the Dryad's powder bags to try and do... something, but the fucking thing is all over the safe area. So much for safe! Oh yeah, it's safe all right. The edgy biome is neatly quarantined in my base. The rest of the world is safe! Whoop de doo!

Thankfully, I did remember there being a gun that can be used to pretty effectively vanquish corruption. All I need to do is beat a boss, and then some chick will arrive and sell me the thing. I guess I'll have to get used to demons owning my triangle until then.

Thanks a lot, game.

This didn't happen in my first run, you know. Probably because I was smart and built in the spawn forest instead of trying to be exotic and put a triangle in a desert!

Amazing. I mean, I'd claim I have knowledge, but it doesn't seem to be worth much, seeing how the game just handed over my home to the demons!

I'm excited to see your progress.

If I remember correctly, you did build your village in the desert which gets corrupted much faster than other biomes. Suppose you'll have to build a refugee camp until you're prepared to take back your home.

Oh and be careful once you destroy those crimson alters, they have a chance to summon more crimson patches all over the world.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thanks a lot, game.

If it makes you feel better, something similar happened with me... well my base was fine, but I made a Mushroom biome for the Truffle villager, but it was too close to the Crimson so he didn't move in. I'll have to fix that soon. My desert was also Crimsonized, but my world has a pyramid that prevented the Crimson from spreading to my base.

You might also be interested to know that spreading out your villagers has benefits, like making items less expensive if shopkeepers are in biomes they like or if they're around villagers they like. I recommend looking into pylons, which allow you to make a teleportation network around the world if you arrange your villagers correctly.

The gun in question (the Clentaminator) is bought from the Steampunker, who appears after defeating a mechanical boss. The Clentaminator and its ammo are pretty expensive so keep that in mind.

Oh, and that's a cruel joke... The hallow spawned in the middle of the jungle, and the jungle seems to have the priority when it comes to spawning shit! I can't even get the item to force the boss to appear, I have to just wait for a terrible night to happen!

Damnit, game, patience isn't an option! The forces of Cthulhu have occupied my house! I want my house back...!

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I'm excited to see your progress.

I wouldn't call it "progress", so far...

If I remember correctly, you did build your village in the desert which gets corrupted much faster than other biomes.

This just keeps getting better and better... What's next? Is a meteor gonna land on my house, too?

Oh and be careful once you destroy those crimson alters, they have a chance to summon more crimson patches all over the world.

I already broke five. Kinda wanted to break six, so I'd get two blessings of each ore type. That should suffice, if I recall correctly.

I'd rather do it now. If it's going to spawn a patch of crimson under my house, better to do it while it's still... you know, ALL crimson. Wouldn't want to return home later on in the game to find that it's happening AGAIN.

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

You might also be interested to know that spreading out your villagers has benefits, like making items less expensive if shopkeepers are in biomes they like or if they're around villagers they like. I recommend looking into pylons, which allow you to make a teleportation network around the world if you arrange your villagers correctly.

I did look into that. Didn't bother, though. I made sure to keep NPCs who liked each other close, and that was really enough.

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

The gun in question (the Clentaminator) is bought from the Steampunker, who appears after defeating a mechanical boss. The Clentaminator and its ammo are pretty expensive so keep that in mind.

I have almost two platinum. Money is not an issue.

Well, I hate the pegasi in Conquest Chapter 10.

What is your AI playing at? Do you flee or do you go to kill Azura? Which is it?

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Decided to finally get back to NEO TWEWY, needed a few moments to readjust to the combat system. And then I played through Week 3 Day 2 into Day 3.

First, given a certain thing that happened, I get a sense that the writers realized they couldn't use the Rewind power as it been earlier in the story. I managed to get two of the 4-question segments right the first time around, one of the other two took some trial & error to finally get correct, and the last took a frustrating amount of tries. While I liked the alternative approach to Rewind, I still don't love the character they used it for. 

As for the boss fight that followed, the two characters who weren't bound by the boss's low HP attack were both my weakest attackers, so I couldn't free the others in time before the first got slapped for over half my maximum HP. Rather than reshuffle pins, after two tries, I simply turned it down to easy to live through the slaps and won that way. Filler boss got no emotions out of me.

I played Day 3 until the game threw a surprising 5-fight dive at me, too much enemy HP and I lost on normal. I'll cheese it on Easy. As for this day, very interesting narrative approach. I like it so far.

Spoiler

Yeah, the rewind on that day expects you to go through the questionnaires so it is forced to be linear. There's also a reward for perfectly answering first try on all of them, look it up if you're going to go for that. Frankly their attempt to make the two seem like sisters fell to pieces here and I would argue Ayano should have been shown to be much older than most and ended up kind of a mother hen to the Shinjuku reapers, especially Shoka... to the point of being kinda problematic about it. As for why this would affect Shoka, technically what I'd say doesn't have to spoil but there's stuff later on that will make why I'd suggest it clearer so that'll be all for now.

And as for the fight.... Yep this is the one I despise. I HATE this fight. It telegraphs that close range hits are no use with the shuriken (even if you can break it, you don't want to be using it until then which limits overall damage output and groove building) and the acid rain attacks. Then it pulls the trap card of trapping three characters and you have to free them or else she deals massive damage (which you won't know at all blind), which will probably need to be dealt with by close range attacks as they tend to be stronger. I ended up falling to easy my first time beating it and it was maddening. There's a post months back from when I was refighting the boss where I went full rant on it if you want me to grab it.

The next day is.... well you'll eventually see.

Edited by Dayni

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I did look into that. Didn't bother, though. I made sure to keep NPCs who liked each other close, and that was really enough.

Pylon planning is something I highly recommend since it basically erases half the down time of the game.

Also find a spider nest. Farm some black recluses, get some fangs, you got a pretty good start to hardmode.