• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

'WE WANT TO CONQUER HOSHIDO, HOW DARE YOU MAKE IT BLOODLESS!''

I mean, let's be fair, he did commit kind of a war crime. I don't think anybody would've been too happy about him taking over Switzerland.

Still less idiotic than Corrin and Azura's plan.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Took a bit of a break from Conquest since yesterday. Time to continue. Let's beat up Zola for the crime of winning the war.

I didn't even do that lol. Panne broke the game on her own. I wasn't even trying to break it, it just happened.

Ah, no wonder you didn't have a good time with Awakening.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I will do what I can. I'd hate to have to resort to a cheese strategy told to me by someone else, but the way things are going, I might have to do it, if only just to beat a mechanical boss and take my home back.

The mechanical bosses are quite the challenge, you sure you're ready?

It has been a long day, so apologies for the long post.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Finished Week 3 Day 3...

Reveal hidden contents

Felt kinda lazy they gave a generic giant scorpion Plague Noise fight instead of something like Kanon twisted into a Cantus form. And unless the dead best friend of Fret turns out to be someone actually in the game, the day felt like a forceful waste for the sake of his character development. It wasn't bad, but I'm not sure Fret warranted a character arc, nor as flimsy an arc as this. They had built one with his Kanon relationship, but I don't think they put a serious amount of effort into it, it done for the sake of it and little more. This is either Rindo's story, or is it nobody's story and the game is actually plot-driven, not character-driven. 

Then I moved on to Week 3 Day 4...

Reveal hidden contents

So Kubo just died to Sho on the spot? I'm actually happy if I don't have to fight the guy, I'd don't care too much about how the disagreeable rubbish go, I didn't need to fight the creep myself to be satisfied with his death.

Oh, and as the opening vision implied, Sho finally returned. And then he brought back good old Leo Cantus. Powering himself with Taboo Noise wasn't enough, now he uses Noise generated from time-rewinds. (Why do I think I heard something offhand once about "wasted time" and energy being a concept deployed in Doctor Who?) I was wondering how he would come back, and it suits him being antagonistic again, I wasn't sure how they would justify him being a good guy in the end. They didn't, which speaks of a measure "don't cave in to fan demand".

I accidentally went into the Leo Cantus fight on Easy, because the Plague Noise fight beforehand annoyed me, because I loathe the wolves and lost to them once. I'm not entirely sure I could've won against Sho on Normal. It was less dodging his attacks that was the problem, as it was that unnecessary armor and his evasiveness. I couldn't really get my Groove up against him all that easily, although it also possibly was the result of poor pin selection going into the fight.

Then Beat attempts a noble sacrifice, only for deus ex machina and Neku returns! Finally. Set to TWEWY's old theme, which would've been a tad more powerful if I hadn't (cautiously to avoid NEO spoilers) listened to Twister on YouTube a couple weeks ago, I had already familiarized myself with it again. So he has spent the past three years in the limbo-like ruins of Shinjuku? Seems like a long time, and I'm left pondering what took him so long to get here. I take it he inherited Sho's high stats from the start of the game so any food that went into Sho didn't go to waste?

I wasn't furiously demanding Neku's return b/c Godly Protagonist I Worship. I wanted to know where he was, but firmly on grounds of his absence needing plot justification. I'll enjoy his return so as long as it doesn't feel forced b/c Neku Awesome. No more headphones because he now listens to the sounds of the world, and a constant smile that could have only come about as a result of being a pawn of destruction overcoming permanent erasure for three weeks straight. The overhaul of dark purple to white is almost as major an overhaul as changing from black to white, and the white is a good contrast to Beat's attire on a different symbolic level. Two oldies alongside four newbies, a delightful final team. Although I might be more fond of the veterans than 3/4s of the novices.

Still leaves the question of Swallow-possibly-Rhyme, why haven't they physically appeared yet? And what of the True Final Boss Sho implied that exists that is greater than Shiba? -Well, Joshua has still been absent this whole time despite being the Composer, has he phoned a truck up his ass again and decided Shibuya ain't worth it? Not to forget Hanekoma. Neku might be back, but certain oldies still remain out of the picture, and that will bother me until the end.

Not much longer to go, just three days so it seems, hopefully things will end on a resounding bang.

Spoiler

I kinda get you there, OG Twewy didn't feel like they had to put boss fights at the end of every day and it's apparent with the plague fights in particular that they can feel a bit bland because it's "Hit, don't get hit, repeat". Aside from Fret's development, I'd argue the day ends up being a "Despair event" due to the Wicked Twisters being left on their own. Which arguably should make the plague noise even worse, but I'd bet the response I'd get is they're primarily being used against the people in the RG.

Ah yes, Leo Cantus. I did not clear on Hard first time. His behaviour between phases forces you to adjust a bit, because his armourless phase is super fast and will often just counter your hits, alongside the big windup attacks that hurt to take, while armoured he gets the big flame hits and some attacks just ding for 0 until he uses his big explosion to reset the phases. If you take the armour off he is vulnerable for a bit, but I rarely if ever do so. And yeah, Wolves went from jokes to actually awful to fight, for some reason the third level wolves in this game are called Grunge Wolves despite not being Taboo (they don't quite have the same colouration) and of course are a bitch too.

As for Neku, yep, there he is. I got spoiled on this. There's a thing or two I tried to add here, but I wasn't sure how much of a spoiler it'd be, minor as it would be. But I didn't really think he had that much of a white attire, mostly because I focused on the coat too much.

As for Minamimoto, I definitely want to link you the large-form piece someone did explaining what he's up to, but it'll go through every bit of material and thus is spoileriffic. Especially with the rest of the game.

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

... I don't even know what to do. I want out, but have already signed a month-long contract... but also don't have to destroy my legs by standing for almost literally half a day for over half the week. Well, depending on how my legs fare in the morning, I might not even have to make a choice. Here's to another restless night...

Fuck, I don't blame your decision based on what you've said, this kind of intensive work is pushed to the detriment of those doing it.

Shift work can be awful and I saw it in coworkers, even with a less intense setting I knew what they did elsewhere.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not really. Haitaka got a couple levels in Silas's paralogue and then I gave him a rainbow tonic I happened to get. That's it. Honestly, he didn't even need the tonic.

Yeah, mine doesn't have that.

I guess that has to be obvious by my earlier statements on that.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Which means you know if this takes off, PETA will eventually come in and make a post about "would you like it if you were jacked off to make plastic materials" and a disturbing amount of people would respond with "yes".

Really not helping there.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Week 3 Day 5 done...

Reveal hidden contents

I wonder how the Coco meeting feels for those who played Final Remix, like an awful "villain is actually a hero" retcon?

Tsugumi being explained at last is good. The Plague mammoth boss invoked Easy from me, mammoths are bothersome. Slipping in Shiki's whereabouts was appreciated too, it gets her out of my mind.

The lone question now, the game is clearly foreshadowing that Rindo is not a normal player. And that someone greater than Shiba is the real villain. The question that remains then is this.: Is Joshua the big bad, and Rindo merely replacement Composer material via his Rewind being Dissonance? Or is Rindo Amnesiac Joshua? Are both true and Joshua somehow got split in two (maybe Hanekoma wanted to try stopping Joshua again?)?

Oh, and Fret & Nagi's chatter was good development and rapport, more natural than the Fret & Kanon stuff two days earlier. I'm happy the game didn't force me into a bunch of boss refights on that note.

Week 3 Day 6, I feeling like skipping one of the Pig Noise fights and coming back for it later. The game is now demanding I do a mandatory 5-chain reduction, in an area with mammoths, fun. Even on Easy, I don't feel like it at this late point, I just want resolution and answers to the story. I haven't had my characters eat anything so far during the week, and most of them are presently lacking for any equipment. I'm such a spendthrift and I'm wondering if that's biting me now.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fudge it, a two-phase boss fight where I have to repeat the first if I lose during the second? This is a controller-throwing moment for me. Ragequit the game permanently is in my emotions ATM.😡 Easy still lets the boss deal brick loads of damage, where is a super-easy where I can melt the thing and shift over to focusing on plot?

Could I go out my way and do some stuff to get myself stronger enough to win the fight? Yes. But I really don't feel like it. I want the game to be over, the story resolved, and getting stronger means wasting time having to prepare to fight an unlikable and overused baddie whose passing I will not mind whatsoever. ...I'll just have to try it again once my flames have cooled.

Spoiler

Okay, so yeah it's a pretty bizarre retcon considering how she was handled in FR. It does make sense she'd be keeping her eye out on Neku, but the Tsugumi stuff was definitely added in development.

Ah yeah, the Pachyderms in NEO just make things awkward because they get the laser rain, the constant in-out from sucking in and then the tremor attack and their front legs damage you on contact, which makes close range attacks difficult. Tsugumi does have more to be explained to be honest, but they do make it clear why she got sidelined so hard.

I will avoid the question and just say I do like that we see Fret and Nagi actually develop a rapport from what we've seen. Because despite Nagi being someone who doesn't get framed as needing to grow too much, she does still show flaws that do get some addressing in the story. It's something that Shoka does I like about her as well.

As for Day 6, this is why I avoid picking the elephant noise where I can to be honest. The big monsters tend to take a lot to deal with to be fair. And yeah, to quote someone, you have to eat.

As for Cervus Cantus, Yeah this one tripped me too, but it was entirely the second phase as the first is... manageable. whenever he uses his explosion everyone teleports to the car if one gets there and everything else isn't too big a deal, he can be frozen as well. As for the second phase, I'll tell you a secret: Aim for the horn(s). It still takes his HP and breaking both gives you breathing room. I didn't know this the first time I beat him. Dodging his arm swing is I think generous, though I do tend to take to the air in this phase while hitting things with Y. There's also an attack where he trys to drag a character in, just run away.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I take it it's a "first phase, battle ends, second phase begins" deal? Cause if so, there should absolutely be a save point there or something.

It's more like it moves right into the second phase after, but it changes the battlefield and how it fights.

14 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

"Clearly they deserved it"

I mean, on the one hand it makes it sound like we're justifying genocide. On the other hand, the map's BS.

19 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Fuck, I don't blame your decision based on what you've said, this kind of intensive work is pushed to the detriment of those doing it.

Shift work can be awful and I saw it in coworkers, even with a less intense setting I knew what they did elsewhere.

I mean, that was honestly the only bad thing I could say about it. The work I had to do was much more bearable than at my last place. Perhaps even enjoyable even even if it had to be done for hours. It's just... having to do it while standing.

Well, right now I got something else in the wings. Something actually workable at home. If it goes through and I can do it... I'm definitely going to see on resigning.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I take it it's a "first phase, battle ends, second phase begins" deal? Cause if so, there should absolutely be a save point there or something.

And the battle was won on a second try, only needed to change out two pins (attacks). Luck, being ready for the second phase, and the second phase having very sluggish and readily dodged attacks did that. I didn't even need to cool down.😅

It was more not expecting multiple phase boss fights in this way in this game so far. Prior phases in a boss fight usually meant "knock their HP down a %, see new techniques", not "deplete an entire life bar, transition to a new phase with a new bar". 

Also, again, I know I'm near the very end of the game, and the narrative for whatever faults it has, leaves me wanting more. That, and my usual procrastinator attitude with games is forcing me to want it done, fearing I'll leave it forever unfinished otherwise.

@Dayni

Spoiler
32 minutes ago, Dayni said:

As for Cervus Cantus, Yeah this one tripped me too, but it was entirely the second phase as the first is... manageable.

Au contaire, it was the opposite for me. The energy explosion doesn't give you that much time to avoid it. And the scrub Noise around might get in the way. The one time the second phase nabbed me with the darkness attack, I had literally no time to react, but it used it only once. It's easier on that phase to know when to dodge and when to attack, the first leaves you questioning exactly how long you have until the next EMP. 

As for the second phase, I'll tell you a secret: Aim for the horn(s).

I didn't realize I could target the horns first time around, despite the heroes saying look for a weak spot. I gave the right stick a flick on the second try, and discovered it then.

I'd argue the day ends up being a "Despair event" due to the Wicked Twisters being left on their own.

Not a big deal. The Variabeauties weren't any real help, nor fleshed out as anything more than a bunch of gay stereotypes that more often than not in this fight for your lives were rude or mean to the heroes. Kanon was the only member given any attention (expectable being the leader), and yet even then, Motoi is better written and I'm questioning exactly how much higher she stands than the Nerd... Fuga, Fugu, Fufu?

So yeah, I wasn't despairing any more than I already had. The plot had outgrown Kanon, it had outgrown her with the revelations of Week 2 Day 7. It was only a matter of time until they fed her to the reapers. They could've tried doing more with her, but they didn't bother.

Meanwhile, Kariya and Uzuki get to live, because Nostalgia Characters. I'm sure they'd survive nuclear meteors filled with bubonic plague and locust sent by aliens who have allied with Earth-made out-of-control AI zombie robots that usher in an era of supervolcanoes, megaquakes, 3 km-tall tsunamis, and one-million year ice age where the Sun never shines through for a day.

---

And with that, the Final Day is all that is left. Although it doesn't feel like it'll be the Final Day, it feels like I'll need a massive Rewind use for a "Week 3 Day 7-2", because the plot has left so many questions hanging that'll all have to be answered in the last moments. There is room for 8 bosses left at the end of the Noisepedia, at least one of which will have to be dedicated to a superboss, but it leaves significant room to my imagination as to how many "final" bosses there are.

I'm not sure if I've pondered this before, but...

Spoiler

Shoka's weird quiet type Reaper friend. Hanekoma or another Angel/Director (or Producer, whatever Hanekoma's secret title was)? His abstaining from the fight over Shibuya is what Hanekoma -on the surface and ignoring his hand in Sho's resurrection- claimed. He was also confidant to the Composer, so being right-hand of the Conductor makes as much sense. And if it's Hanekoma specifically, is the one he is looking for Joshua?

Now I'll wait for my Switch to recharge to full and get on with the finale. This is definitely a game wherein a lot of grading weight will be placed on the last ten minutes. I'm hoping it'll be the bomb, but I'm prepared for it to bomb.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I hate Vengeance on bosses.

I hate Vengeance on bosses so fucking much.

10 skill and he triggers it twice in a row. Iggy survived with 1 HP. Jesus fucking Christ. There's no good way around these fucking proc skills on bosses.

Anyway, chapter done. Yayoi has gone from the team's resident meme to a powerhouse now that she's reached C bows. 24 magic on the shining bow is no laughing matter. Shura was instrumental too, he handled the upper portion mostly by himself with the aid of Esmeralda's backpacking and the raider dagger. Mechanist is a good class for him.

Gotta say, the reinforcements that pop up when you aggro the hero and mage pair ups in Zola's room are the most ambushy feeling non-ambush reinforcements ever. There's zero way you're killing the pairs in one turn, so unless you block them, they're pretty much just a plain fail state that you cannot predict. The untaintedness of the run takes another hit, but... Ehh. This game should've had save points anyway.

54 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Ah, no wonder you didn't have a good time with Awakening.

Yeah... There came a point, roughly around the final chapters of the Gangrel arc, where my criteria for units was "do you have 20 defense or more? No? Bench it is." Everyone was invincible and nothing could hurt me at all. Lategame most of them fell off... except for Panne, who remained invincible the entire game. So I just beat it with her. And Gregor! Can't forget Gregor, diligently boosting her stats.

54 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

The mechanical bosses are quite the challenge, you sure you're ready?

No. But what do I do? Leave my house to the creepypastas? The item is super easy to make. If I fail, it's no big deal.

37 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Yeah, mine doesn't have that.

I guess that has to be obvious by my earlier statements on that.

Oof.

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

Oh youtube now wants my ID so i can watch some history video with a bit of cruelty?

Fuck you, youtube, not going to happen.

What...? Since when?

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  Reveal hidden contents
43 minutes ago, Dayni said:

As for Cervus Cantus, Yeah this one tripped me too, but it was entirely the second phase as the first is... manageable.

Au contaire, it was the opposite for me. The energy explosion doesn't give you that much time to avoid it. And the scrub Noise around might get in the way. The one time the second phase nabbed me with the darkness attack, I had literally no time to react, but it used it only once. It's easier on that phase to know when to dodge and when to attack, the first leaves you questioning exactly how long you have until the next EMP. 

As for the second phase, I'll tell you a secret: Aim for the horn(s).

I didn't realize I could target the horns first time around, despite the heroes saying look for a weak spot. I gave the right stick a flick on the second try, and discovered it then.

I'd argue the day ends up being a "Despair event" due to the Wicked Twisters being left on their own.

Not a big deal. The Variabeauties weren't any real help, nor fleshed out as anything more than a bunch of gay stereotypes that more often than not in this fight for your lives were rude or mean to the heroes. Kanon was the only member given any attention (expectable being the leader), and yet even then, Motoi is better written and I'm questioning exactly how much higher she stands than the Nerd... Fuga, Fugu, Fufu?

So yeah, I wasn't despairing any more than I already had. The plot had outgrown Kanon, it had outgrown her with the revelations of Week 2 Day 7. It was only a matter of time until they fed her to the reapers. They could've tried doing more with her, but they didn't bother.

Meanwhile, Kariya and Uzuki get to live, because Nostalgia Characters. I'm sure they'd survive nuclear meteors filled with bubonic plague and locust sent by aliens who have allied with Earth-made out-of-control AI zombie robots that usher in an era of supervolcanoes, megaquakes, 3 km-tall tsunamis, and one-million year ice age where the Sun never shines through for a day.

Spoiler

Yeah, Phase 2 just threw me for a bit, but it wasn't too rough either (It's certainly not Iris Cantus that's for sure.), thanks to how generous it can be with dodging the swing.

RIP Fuya, stuck with the River Simps Society.

Yeah, when it comes to the other gangs we get very little (barring from the social network) to glean much from and possible empathise with people, even if they're being an issue for the player, it's one reason the lack of NPC art is a problem to me. Guess I liked Kanon regardless, someone who led opposition but genuinely decent about it and never was trying to game the system for themselves was appealing and Fret being stupid around her didn't bother me.

Getting annoyed with the handling of Uzuki and Kariya? I do like that Uzuki asks herself what she's playing at, though Kariya really doesn't get much of any development imo, mostly getting stabbed by the looks of it.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, chapter done. Yayoi has gone from the team's resident meme to a powerhouse now that she's reached C bows. 24 magic on the shining bow is no laughing matter. Shura was instrumental too, he handled the upper portion mostly by himself with the aid of Esmeralda's backpacking and the raider dagger. Mechanist is a good class for him.

Kill Takumi with Yaoi.

Kitsune time.

Urgh... Good thing Shura just barely hit D knives in the last map without me noticing. Perhaps a reclass to master ninja is in order... Time to fulfill your destiny, my man. I dunno if I'll keep him there, but in this map I'll be glad for the extra speed. Plus, he can grab lethality this way.

Haitaka can take the beast killer.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Kill Takumi with Yaoi.

If I get my way, I'll try to use exclusively captured units to beat him down.

Of course, lunatic endgame being what it is... Who knows if it'll be possible. Kinda wanna lower it to hard, but that'd make for a less exciting video.

11 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

first time i got asked for it today when trying to view an Alternate history hub video.

Ofc i will just view it on newpipe on mobile which forgoes the restrictions

How odd. I don't think I've ever had that... Asking for an ID, just straight up? Huh.

Is it a "you must confirm you're of age before you can watch this video" type of situation?

Since for long I've seen videos like that. Not letting you watch unless you can prove you're over 18...

@Dayni

Spoiler
4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Getting annoyed with the handling of Uzuki and Kariya?

No, not at all actually. They're side characters with just about the right amount of presence for them.

My comments were in part referring to Ayano and Kanon getting killed by Plague infection, while Kariya shakes it off. Yes, Ayano was infected for a while, but how long could Kanon have been a victim? Two new characters get offed, but the oldies are left untouched. Am I being a tad cynical? 

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Guess I liked Kanon regardless, someone who led opposition but genuinely decent about it and never was trying to game the system for themselves was appealing and Fret being stupid around her didn't bother me.

True, although I couldn't be certain of it until Week 2 was over, until then, I was always wary of a backstab. She gave off the impression of being capable of one.

Fret... I guess he did bother me with his behavior around Kanon? Particularly as long as she stood a chance of using him as a dupe for the aforementioned backstab that didn't happen.

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Kill Takumi with Yaoi.

Now now, killing someone with yaoi is probably in all likelihood nonconsensual, and therefore not truly worthy of the name, call it what it really is- rape. Or a serious eyes-gouging brain bleach moment, depending on how you exactly you intend to kill, you have options in Takumi's case.

Thanks Japanese for transliterating like this!

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now now, killing someone with yaoi is probably in all likelihood nonconsensual, and therefore not truly worthy of the name, call it what it really is- rape. Or a serious eyes-gouging brain bleach moment, depending on how you exactly you intend to kill, you have options in Takumi's case.

Takumi is already a corpse by the time he is fought in Endgame. Therefore it isn't rape. It's necrophilia instead.

...I know, not much of an improvement...

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

It's definitely suggested he's had it for less time than the others, with Kanon being a player infected for hours and Ayano maybe being infected for a day I can buy that. What bothers me about Kariya is the fact it happens twice by the middle of the week, even as short as the second time is. I do not blame cynicism.

Well, I can admit to being someone who couldn't hate Fret from the beginning, so that lack of wariness from me is unsurprising. I suspect if they'd gone some way down that route by the time one actually occurs it'd be a moment of development for him as he reveals he played her after all or something.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The true contradiction is that the unit's a woman.

So I suppose she's likely doing the latter.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Takumi is already a corpse by the time he is fought in Endgame. Therefore it isn't rape. It's necrophilia instead.

Improvements made: 0

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Don't forget there's two Takumis...

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's definitely suggested he's had it for less time than the others, with Kanon being a player infected for hours and Ayano maybe being infected for a day I can buy that. What bothers me about Kariya is the fact it happens twice by the middle of the week, even as short as the second time is. I do not blame cynicism.

Well, I can admit to being someone who couldn't hate Fret from the beginning, so that lack of wariness from me is unsurprising. I suspect if they'd gone some way down that route by the time one actually occurs it'd be a moment of development for him as he reveals he played her after all or something.

Improvements made: 0

And now it's -1

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Is it a "you must confirm you're of age before you can watch this video" type of situation?

Since for long I've seen videos like that. Not letting you watch unless you can prove you're over 18...

yeah

usually log in was enough, but now they want ID....

Hey, all! How's it goi-

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Help

All right. No point in delaying the inevitable. It's Kitsune Fun time. And hopefully I won't have to abuse save states too much. I mean, I could just do what everyone does, hand the beastkiller to Effie and watch her go ham, but... No, fuck this map, I'm giving my units experience.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Help

Yayoi is coming for you next.

She is already behind you.