Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I mean, considering how you are still in midgame, that's pretty damn fast

Or do you mean late game? 

This is from the Hard mode, Chapter 26.

The Lunatic playthrough had a Corrin fast and strong enough (with Felicia support) to 1-round the Chapter 7 faceless.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

This is from the Hard mode, Chapter 26.

Oh

Well, 25 spd hmmm

Dstone would be his best bet then

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The Lunatic playthrough had a Corrin fast and strong enough (with Felicia support) to 1-round the Chapter 7 faceless.

Yeah same. +Mag Dstone with Felicia Attack stance or Pairup is enough to usually take em down

Edited by Father Shrimpas

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

How much does this actually matter?

I don't know, unfortunately. The only known application of it that I know of is that you can reach exactly 25.0000088% equip load in Dark Souls because of Floating Point shenanigains, and for some reason that exact equip load allows you to roll midair, thus meaning that you can just completely avoid all fall damage, which very badly breaks the game's levels.

That being said, given that the innacuracies so absolutely tiny, despite the fact that I know little about floating point, I don't believe that floating point could cause any issues in any practical situation in terms of games.

Ah, here's the article I was looking for that explains it:

"Dark Souls (and most games) perform their calculations with floating point numbers. A complete discussion of the limitations of floating point math is beyond the scope of this article, but one critical fact is that some seemingly common numbers are impossible for the game to store exactly. Similar to the everyday decimal numbering system which cannot express the value of 1/3 finitely, certain numbers like, for example, 1.2 can only be approximated by the game as 1.2000000476837158203125. Other numbers like 1.3 are affected in the opposite direction, becoming 1.2999999523162841796875."

(Source: https://wiki.speedsouls.com/darksouls:Meme_Roll)

...Sooo, yeah, as you can see, it's pretty darned accurate.

Edited by Benice

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Well, 25 spd hmmm

Dstone would be his best bet then

I'm still going to manage to make her take out Takumi, don't you worry.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Yeah same. +Mag Dstone with Felicia Attack stance or Pairup is enough to usually take em down

No, with the Yato.

He's pretty damm good, even reclassed to Cav (I have.... a particularly rigorous reclassing regime planned for this one).

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

and that helps alot with the ice map as you directly freeze the first guy^^

He's only been reclassed as of Chapter 10.

It's useful for sure.

(Niles got that soldier by the way)

26 minutes ago, Benice said:

I don't know, unfortunately. The only known application of it that I know of is that you can reach exactly 25.0000088% equip load in Dark Souls because of Floating Point shenanigains, and for some reason that exact equip load allows you to roll midair, thus meaning that you can just completely avoid all fall damage, which very badly breaks the game's levels.

That being said, given that the innacuracies so absolutely tiny, despite the fact that I know little about floating point, I don't believe that floating point could cause any issues in any practical situation in terms of games.

Ah, here's the article I was looking for that explains it:

"Dark Souls (and most games) perform their calculations with floating point numbers. A complete discussion of the limitations of floating point math is beyond the scope of this article, but one critical fact is that some seemingly common numbers are impossible for the game to store exactly. Similar to the everyday decimal numbering system which cannot express the value of 1/3 finitely, certain numbers like, for example, 1.2 can only be approximated by the game as 1.2000000476837158203125. Other numbers like 1.3 are affected in the opposite direction, becoming 1.2999999523162841796875."

(Source: https://wiki.speedsouls.com/darksouls:Meme_Roll)

...Sooo, yeah, as you can see, it's pretty darned accurate.

I see.

rMqWZSz.png

Ya know, i should really use the fact more that Felicia (& Jakob for that matter) have a internal level of 1 and normal stats for that level as well, but are technically prepromotes, and thus can learn skills you usually only learn very late into the game much earlier on at early mid game or so.

I mean i always knew of it and usually tried to get Tome breaker quite fast to deal with troublesome mages, but this ''chill'' run ™️ i decided to try something through shotgun marriage and i am liking what i am seeing so far.

Once i have access to more heartseals might reclass her to strategist for pony and +2/-2 Aura skill

Edited by Father Shrimpas

...There, done. NEO The World Ends With You is over. Ending seen, Secret Reports & Another Day postgame unlocked (where do I view the Secret Reports this time? They weren't in the Chapters menu.).

The finale is... long. One of my predictions came true. Others, not so much. I had to pull the charger out of my Switch's dock and awkwardly have the Switch rest against the wrist rest on my laptop cushion during the final battle as a precaution to avoid going empty on the battery at the last minute.

Now to delve into ending, starting with the final bosses...

Spoiler

All were fought on Easy to get through it, I wasn't in the mood for challenge.

Shiba was appreciated as an agile humanoid foe, if nearly impossible to build Groove against. The Rewind Noise hurricane was okay.

Now as for...

Rainbow-Phoenix.jpg

It was a kaleidoscopic mess (reminiscent of Draco Cantus appropriately enough). But what was worse, was how drawn out it felt, with the transparent floor and invisible walls bothersome in my perceiving of the battlefield. Not helping was Neku, Shoka, and Beat being equipped with pins that were only rarely able to actually hit the plumes. It is entirely possible to come into this final battle with pins that can't do a damn thing, and I don't like that. Not after all the chatter it takes to get to this fight. And even worse than Shiba, I couldn't build any Groove against it, other than the dash segments, which I basically didn't realize until the first segment was over I could even build Groove during. It's a bad ultimate foe.

Now as for the end of the story...

Spoiler

True Villain- So that explained the oddly anticlimactic death earlier. There was a smug Angel present, but one that came out of left field, and who sucked as a villain. From them, and their unceremonious vaporizing in a cutscene, I concluded this game wasn't actually about villains at all. The true final battle is one of those cases of no villain, just a disaster they've left behind, better than Nergal's Fire Dragon, and Necron, but nothing worth writing home about. I can envision some anti-Turnwheel/Divine Pulse FE fans foaming at the mouth to have that as the final villain. It did remind me of a certain other JRPG's final boss, but not quite the same.

Since this game turned out to be lacking on the evil front, I realized what it really wanted to be was a schmaltzy friendship story that ends oh so happily ever after. Joy. But at least it's not trying to be something its not, I went along for the ride, I smiled at it. I by no means disliked it, I accepted it for what it was. Shiba is a nice guy after all! What a wonderful world this is. And hey, they killed Ayano & Gangster Man, so they didn't spare every Shinjuku Reaper soul. Sounds like Shinjuku can be rebuilt, that's good -but only if we get to leave Shibuya in a hypothetical TWEWY3.

Romance- Let me make this clear, I'm not fond of romance in video games, almost ever. I will give the game points for deluding me into thinking Rhyme was Swallow by placing her scenes around the Swallow message scenes. It was a simple, but effective deceptive juxtaposition. The sheer difference between how Rindo and Shoka interacted anonymously online and IRL is realistic, but then, it's also unrealistic for me, since I speak openly of things like my depression and sexual energies online. Why couldn't they?😜 

I'm still not fond of Shoka at all. I don't loathe her, and I won't criticize the romance between her and Rindo. And yet, I won't won't say it worked. I get that they've been secretly building it up the entire game. And Shoka is no distress damsel who would allow her hubbypon to force-feed mothers the intestines ripped out of their own children, Shoka has a stubborn backbone and doesn't need rescuing. Those are positives in a spouse, I don't care for amnesiac wifeypons who glue themselves to their menfolk. -But I won't say I like the romance here! You can't get me to say that! Why not keep it a friendship, like Fret & Nagi? Why must there be a love story?!

Oh, and Fret and Nagi, they're nice supporting characters. But the ending did little for them, other than that excellent final battle plan. Make Neku and two new guys the center of Operation Awakening, it left Beat a tad irrelevant, but an actual good bro character can get away with that.

Last Minute Nostalgia- So Rhyme was less important than I was led to think. No biggie, I still appreciated her screen time, and she had a role in the story. Shiki despite having reason to not show up at all, still did. She felt the most unnecessary, her inclusion rather forced. I haven't felt Neku's three-year absence, so I couldn't exactly sympathize with her. Her cameo was more for Neku's satisfication and the IRL fans, than it was for herself.

Joshua! Took you long enough. I thought it in character that he could sit back while the world burned and do nothing until the last minute, when he still does little but observe. Is he a something of an uncaring asshole for that? Yes. But as someone who might be gay, I sure as hell can't say all assholes are bad.😛 Neku isn't entirely happy with his old friend, the friend who keeps abusing him and his trust, and has ever since they first met, and I like the dynamic. Oh, and spiriting away Shoka was a great choice, it recalled the old Reaper's Game's entry fees, namely Shiki being taken up in Week 2, and paralleled the fourth "game" where he shot Neku after restoring those missing memories, but spared Shibuya anyhow. Plus, who else could override Reaper Rules that attempt me to feel last-second pity for Shoka other than the Composer?

Now who was that Angel that forced Rindo to walk with him during the results for the First Final Rewind? To depart with a feather left behind in front of the CAT mural made me think Hanekoma in another guise, but that personality was so very much more Joshua's in terms of self-centered bossiness. Yet Joshua is not an Angel IIRC (he isn't, right?) despite an angelic True Form appearance and his laser beams. Angel Boy does directly connect to Joshua on the chart, although I can envision Joshua, one of the strongest beings in this lower plane of existence, being conversant with Angels other than Hanekoma. Is this something Another Day and the Secret Reports will address? Somebody had to be writing them this time, and last time, it was Hanekoma.

So Retconned Fairy Princess was the reviver of Sho in this game. Keeping Sho around... oh boy. He is treated as one of the "good guys", and is good insofar as he doesn't believe in destroying the world ATM. But let's face it, he isn't good. He is entertaining at best, but at worse... can we cryostasis him whenever the world isn't in dire straits? Joshua I imagine would not approve of that, he acts like the kind to want someone after his job for his own amusement, and Uzuki is too textbook for that.

I think that concludes my thoughts on the ending? Maybe I'm missing something. The credits were stylish, I'll say that.

How did NEO go out? Alright I suppose. Not an orchestra of brain-exploding plot twists, or a masterpiece of any kind. But as casual grub, I suppose it wasn't the emptiest of calories. Happy junk food, with guacamole and sweet potato fries instead of the regular spuds and ketchup, because it tried to be a tad different from the usual fare.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Interesting. Any reason why you feel this way?

There was a lot weighing on the last few minutes of the story. Sure a bunch of the bad guys were dead, but not everything was yet revealed, that much was clear. The number of things that would have to be addressed was many. And addressed many things it did. When there was so much riding on the line, how could I not think the ending would matter heavily and could go very well or very awry?

Although, it the "ending" here is a little weird, because of how long it is. Owing to the hero Rindo -yet again and to little surprise on my part- having to resort to his signature Rewind power due to the heroes catastrophically losing after the first final battle. The "final battles" actually had spacing between them, with the heroes mostly peacefully running around trying to make corrections. This made it feel more in a sense like more than just one ending, a situation wherein you can't the True Ending the first time. You could argue the finale and final battle should be applied solely to the last of these.

To use Xenoblade as an example you might understand, it's not entirely unlike Chapters 9 & 10 of XC2. There is no single 30-minute plot dump (although I'm sure I spent more than 30 minutes reading dialogue trying to fix what went wrong after the first final battle), but at the same time it feels like more was thrown into NEO's finale than XC2's. With XC2 at least, Chapter 10 had a narrow focus on certain topics and certain persons, Chapter 9's epic clashes resolved more than a few matters.

-I'm saying as much I do despite it being a bit spoilery, b/c NEO The World Ends With You is a Square game, and I know I reduced your interest to zilch the moment I said that.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Between my job woes, Wraith and his drunken stupors, and that... truly a TeeHee place to be.

And then you've the madness I've contributed in the past, and yeah, this is one strange alleyway of the Internet.😄

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, got a Zoom call at 5PM for this other job prospect. My anxiety is back, haha...

Good luck!

The walking simulator of chapter 5 is done. I decided to change my approach to the map and move the entire army up towards the village and down to the boss in one fell swoop, making the walking simulator feeling of the map pretty much vanish entirely. So yeah, that’s the fun way to play the map. Approaching the boss and his squad was difficult, but was doable thanks to Kris and Arran.

Edited by Sooks

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...There, done. NEO The World Ends With You is over. Ending seen, Secret Reports & Another Day postgame unlocked (where do I view the Secret Reports this time? They weren't in the Chapters menu.).

The finale is... long. One of my predictions came true. Others, not so much. I had to pull the charger out of my Switch's dock and awkwardly have the Switch rest against the wrist rest on my laptop cushion during the final battle as a precaution to avoid going empty on the battery at the last minute.

Now to delve into ending, starting with the final bosses...

Reveal hidden contents

All were fought on Easy to get through it, I wasn't in the mood for challenge.

Shiba was appreciated as an agile humanoid foe, if nearly impossible to build Groove against. The Rewind Noise hurricane was okay.

Now as for...

Rainbow-Phoenix.jpg

It was a kaleidoscopic mess (reminiscent of Draco Cantus appropriately enough). But what was worse, was how drawn out it felt, with the transparent floor and invisible walls bothersome in my perceiving of the battlefield. Not helping was Neku, Shoka, and Beat being equipped with pins that were only rarely able to actually hit the plumes. It is entirely possible to come into this final battle with pins that can't do a damn thing, and I don't like that. Not after all the chatter it takes to get to this fight. And even worse than Shiba, I couldn't build any Groove against it, other than the dash segments, which I basically didn't realize until the first segment was over I could even build Groove during. It's a bad ultimate foe.

Now as for the end of the story...

Reveal hidden contents

True Villain- So that explained the oddly anticlimactic death earlier. There was a smug Angel present, but one that came out of left field, and who sucked as a villain. From them, and their unceremonious vaporizing in a cutscene, I concluded this game wasn't actually about villains at all. The true final battle is one of those cases of no villain, just a disaster they've left behind, better than Nergal's Fire Dragon, and Necron, but nothing worth writing home about. I can envision some anti-Turnwheel/Divine Pulse FE fans foaming at the mouth to have that as the final villain. It did remind me of a certain other JRPG's final boss, but not quite the same.

Since this game turned out to be lacking on the evil front, I realized what it really wanted to be was a schmaltzy friendship story that ends oh so happily ever after. Joy. But at least it's not trying to be something its not, I went along for the ride, I smiled at it. I by no means disliked it, I accepted it for what it was. Shiba is a nice guy after all! What a wonderful world this is. And hey, they killed Ayano & Gangster Man, so they didn't spare every Shinjuku Reaper soul. Sounds like Shinjuku can be rebuilt, that's good -but only if we get to leave Shibuya in a hypothetical TWEWY3.

Romance- Let me make this clear, I'm not fond of romance in video games, almost ever. I will give the game points for deluding me into thinking Rhyme was Swallow by placing her scenes around the Swallow message scenes. It was a simple, but effective deceptive juxtaposition. The sheer difference between how Rindo and Shoka interacted anonymously online and IRL is realistic, but then, it's also unrealistic for me, since I speak openly of things like my depression and sexual energies online. Why couldn't they?😜 

I'm still not fond of Shoka at all. I don't loathe her, and I won't criticize the romance between her and Rindo. And yet, I won't won't say it worked. I get that they've been secretly building it up the entire game. And Shoka is no distress damsel who would allow her hubbypon to force-feed mothers the intestines ripped out of their own children, Shoka has a stubborn backbone and doesn't need rescuing. Those are positives in a spouse, I don't care for amnesiac wifeypons who glue themselves to their menfolk. -But I won't say I like the romance here! You can't get me to say that! Why not keep it a friendship, like Fret & Nagi? Why must there be a love story?!

Oh, and Fret and Nagi, they're nice supporting characters. But the ending did little for them, other than that excellent final battle plan. Make Neku and two new guys the center of Operation Awakening, it left Beat a tad irrelevant, but an actual good bro character can get away with that.

Last Minute Nostalgia- So Rhyme was less important than I was led to think. No biggie, I still appreciated her screen time, and she had a role in the story. Shiki despite having reason to not show up at all, still did. She felt the most unnecessary, her inclusion rather forced. I haven't felt Neku's three-year absence, so I couldn't exactly sympathize with her. Her cameo was more for Neku's satisfication and the IRL fans, than it was for herself.

Joshua! Took you long enough. I thought it in character that he could sit back while the world burned and do nothing until the last minute, when he still does little but observe. Is he a something of an uncaring asshole for that? Yes. But as someone who might be gay, I sure as hell can't say all assholes are bad.😛 Neku isn't entirely happy with his old friend, the friend who keeps abusing him and his trust, and has ever since they first met, and I like the dynamic. Oh, and spiriting away Shoka was a great choice, it recalled the old Reaper's Game's entry fees, namely Shiki being taken up in Week 2, and paralleled the fourth "game" where he shot Neku after restoring those missing memories, but spared Shibuya anyhow. Plus, who else could override Reaper Rules that attempt me to feel last-second pity for Shoka other than the Composer?

Now who was that Angel that forced Rindo to walk with him during the results for the First Final Rewind? To depart with a feather left behind in front of the CAT mural made me think Hanekoma in another guise, but that personality was so very much more Joshua's in terms of self-centered bossiness. Yet Joshua is not an Angel IIRC (he isn't, right?) despite an angelic True Form appearance and his laser beams. Angel Boy does directly connect to Joshua on the chart, although I can envision Joshua, one of the strongest beings in this lower plane of existence, being conversant with Angels other than Hanekoma. Is this something Another Day and the Secret Reports will address? Somebody had to be writing them this time, and last time, it was Hanekoma.

So Retconned Fairy Princess was the reviver of Sho in this game. Keeping Sho around... oh boy. He is treated as one of the "good guys", and is good insofar as he doesn't believe in destroying the world ATM. But let's face it, he isn't good. He is entertaining at best, but at worse... can we cryostasis him whenever the world isn't in dire straits? Joshua I imagine would not approve of that, he acts like the kind to want someone after his job for his own amusement, and Uzuki is too textbook for that.

I think that concludes my thoughts on the ending? Maybe I'm missing something. The credits were stylish, I'll say that.

How did NEO go out? Alright I suppose. Not an orchestra of brain-exploding plot twists, or a masterpiece of any kind. But as casual grub, I suppose it wasn't the emptiest of calories. Happy junk food, with guacamole and sweet potato fries instead of the regular spuds and ketchup, because it tried to be a tad different from the usual fare.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There was a lot weighing on the last few minutes of the story. Sure a bunch of the bad guys were dead, but not everything was yet revealed, that much was clear. The number of things that would have to be addressed was many. And addressed many things it did. When there was so much riding on the line, how could I not think the ending would matter heavily and could go very well or very awry?

Although, it the "ending" here is a little weird, because of how long it is. Owing to the hero Rindo -yet again and to little surprise on my part- having to resort to his signature Rewind power due to the heroes catastrophically losing after the first final battle. The "final battles" actually had spacing between them, with the heroes mostly peacefully running around trying to make corrections. This made it feel more in a sense like more than just one ending, a situation wherein you can't the True Ending the first time. You could argue the finale and final battle should be applied solely to the last of these.

To use Xenoblade as an example you might understand, it's not entirely unlike Chapters 9 & 10 of XC2. There is no single 30-minute plot dump (although I'm sure I spent more than 30 minutes reading dialogue trying to fix what went wrong after the first final battle), but at the same time it feels like more was thrown into NEO's finale than XC2's. With XC2 at least, Chapter 10 had a narrow focus on certain topics and certain persons, Chapter 9's epic clashes resolved more than a few matters.

-I'm saying as much I do despite it being a bit spoilery, b/c NEO The World Ends With You is a Square game, and I know I reduced your interest to zilch the moment I said that.

Spoiler

So, you finally have Secret Reports acknowledged. They'll show up in your collection in the book category when you unlock them, most only need the boss noise refights (the others need social network percentages. The kicker? The last one's 100%, which means you have to go to AD for the last FP at least once before getting them all. I also unlocked the first one of these before the final boss.). There is ending dialogue locked behind it like last time too, alongside it explaining a good deal of stuff.

Boss wise, Shiba was a bitch on Hard my first time. Having a second phase to build groove with again is nice, but it can definitely be tricky to do much against him due to how switching targets is a must. The Moon phase always has worried me but never finished me yet though. Not too much to say about the Soul Pulvis either, barring DAMMED ELEPHANTS

Pheonix Cantus.... I don't share your opinion. Sure, it's absolutely easier than Draco Cantus was, but I vibe to this cluster of a fight and frankly I sing along with The World is Yours every time. For how long it is I have found every time after the first time to be a chill fight. First time I actually finished the fight outide in a park on Hard, I can't pretend it wasn't easy enough even then (if long). But I fall for the screeching endgame vibes I get out of the big rainbow chicken. I can see it being disorienting, but rarely was in trouble from it. And yeah, I definitely remember having some ineffectual pins for it too, but not three, ouch. I wouldn't be surprised if your inability to build groove wasn't helped by that too.

As for your ending discussion:

So, on Shiba. I would argue the man had let himself be influence by the powers he'd been given by Kubo, so while he did cause the destruction around there was still an external element. Some definitely don't like how Shiba was handled, but I do like that he wants to take responsibility if nothing else. I might be fine with a TW3WY, especially with a certain

It got me on Swallow too. I'm not a hardcore fan of her (trust me, there are fans), but she's alright I guess. As for Rindoka, I don't know for certain they go with that vibe in the English at least, with some friendzoning going on in the dalogue :P.

(Side note, a little surprised you didn't talk about Rindo here at all. Considering so much of this is on him)

Yeah, I will agree that Shiki herself could have gotten more than she did (and imo confirming her and Eri are indeed still working together would have been cool), but I do like what she was able to do even from her position and I absolutely was a sucker for her and Neku finally seeing each other again (#letNekucry)

Joshua in this game has spoilery stuff in the Secret Reports. I will not say more than him actually asking if Neku would be willing to stay and be his successor is very him and I still think the localisation should have shortened the time between the end of the game and the final cutscene entirely because Rindo being that stupid about missing Shoka for a month is dumb. Coco was the reviver since AND by the way, so this is one thing that was always the case.

Sho himself, if you want I'll go ahead and link the file I've mentioned, especially if you're not too bothered with trying to unlock the Secret Reports yourself. And with my first experience of AD being what it was, I would not blame you for saying so.

23 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

I finished this trimester's math finals on a good note, feelin good.

Yay! Glad to hear that your marks are flyingkitsune upwards!

45 minutes ago, Dayni said:

(Side note, a little surprised you didn't talk about Rindo here at all. Considering so much of this is on him)

What was there to talk about? Rindo didn't do anything out of character, didn't say anything particularly out of character, didn't do anything particularly cool. He was mild to the end, it was his story, but he wasn't anything to write home about. I like him, but I don't love him. Maybe he'll age into someone I like more, but don't be sure of it.

Spoiler

Ranking the playables in terms of character, I'm not honestly sure how would arrange it.

Fret & Shoka are finishing low, that's for sure. Nagi had her moments, but usually receded into the background with her otaku characterization. 

Beat was a good bro character here, with the aura of nostalgia, but he wasn't that important, and I don't remember loving him in old TWEWY either. It's weird, I might like him more in NEO than TWEWY, but that is part based on nostalgia I've no reason to feel. 

Neku's story presence is minimal until the end, where he becomes rather important, but still secondary to Rindo, as it should be. He relies heavily though not entirely on nostalgia in NEO.

Therefore, where does Rindo fit? It's "BLANK > BLANK > BLANK > Nagi > Fret > Shoka", but defining those top three isn't easy.

Now to talk about matters other than Rindo...

Spoiler

Pheonix Cantus.... I don't share your opinion. Sure, it's absolutely easier than Draco Cantus was

??? Was Draco Cantus hard? I honestly don't remember anything after Tigris Cantus. Other than Lightning Rook was really good for Draco, and Anguis was a thing. Not helping was Draco not being in the boss rush.

but I vibe to this cluster of a fight and frankly I sing along with The World is Yours every time. For how long it is I have found every time after the first time to be a chill fight.

The music was forgettable. And I had no interest in carrying a tune, I wanted it over.

As for the difficulty, I can see HP regen equipment -which I never bought b/c I practically never shopped other than the few times the game mandated I purchase clothing- being really good here. Since the boss's attacks aren't difficult to dodge most of the time and how long the fight is. The only reason I won, was thanks to a light-elemental force bullets pin on Fret, which being light, had the Vampire effect on it for HP drain. Nagi had a sometimes-useless light bomb on her too. Those did a lot of the damage (Rindo had a triple ice laser) and kept me alive.

Some definitely don't like how Shiba was handled, but I do like that he wants to take responsibility if nothing else.

I don't particularly dislike Shiba, but him living did up the schmaltz factor, which I did come to accept. A third game (despite poor sales discouraging it) would offer a chance to show more of his "normal" self.

As for Rindoka, I don't know for certain they go with that vibe in the English at least, with some friendzoning going on in the dalogue :P.

There was, but blushing for friends doesn't happen very often in stories. It's love, let's not deny it, unless it is outright denied.

I will not say more than him actually asking if Neku would be willing to stay and be his successor is very him

Hmmmmm?

I'll see, but that definitely doesn't fit his outward persona. Which, although cruel at times -Joshua is entirely the reason TWEWY's ending is bittersweet- but fun at others.

The kicker? The last one's 100%, which means you have to go to AD for the last FP at least once before getting them all. I also unlocked the first one of these before the final boss.). There is ending dialogue locked behind it like last time too, alongside it explaining a good deal of stuff.

Nowadays, I'm not too bothered about postgames. I don't feel compelled to 100% if it's too difficult. There are too many games out there to simply reach normal completion with.  I'll leisurely try for the Secret Reports, but if something is too difficult, I won't stress out over it. I do have an odd desire to max out all the stores and unlock all the stuff in the social network, but I won't let myself get hung up on anything.

If I'm going to play a game tomorrow, I'll want to get started on Namco x Capcom. Maybe b/c curious I'll explore Another Day though.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So do you think there could've been a bit more story instead of shoving everything at the end?

And tbf in Xenoblade 2's defense, that 30 minute plot dump is contextually justified. 

Haha.....yeah i won't lie. TWEWY doesn't really call out to me in any way.

Well, it wasn't about what the statement said it was about. Still... I might do it, if only to have a job I can actually do without much issue to my own health. Only problem is that it seems to require a lot using social platforms... which I just about never use, pft.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So do you think there could've been a bit more story instead of shoving everything at the end?

I'm not entirely sure. I'm not going to be someone who claims "Well if you changed X to Y, everything would be waaaaay better!". Sure I can come up with some Idas of what needs improvement and how you could improve things, but I'm not going to be an arrogant armchair writer who believes their version of events would result in a flawless masterpiece.

This said, I do think they could've not dangled one or two things for as long as they did. Three weeks has plenty of space to shift stuff around, and yeah, in retrospect, Week 3's earlier days felt somewhat empty.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Haha.....yeah i won't lie. TWEWY doesn't really call out to me in any way.

Different strokes for different folks. Though at least you can't claim it's "typical Square Enix" the way you're disinterested in FF and DQ. TWEWY isn't a stereotypical JRPG, the two games are modern, eclectic, and have sold rather poorly. They're niche in their own unique ways, yet I can't say I haven't enjoy another swig of it after ten years.

I think you can empathize (not sympathize, I'm careful with my use of the words) with games with weird controls and bizarre soundtracks at a minimum. Ye who art an open KIU & XCX fan.