Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Nichol, you die one more time and I'm letting you go down and replacing you with Senno.

For the love of fuck, please stop. I had it and then you ruined it and now I'm in a vicious loop of being too angry to play properly.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If it was me, I would've save stated.

I don't even know why I didn't. The run is already tainted, who cares. I just don't like using save states if I can at all help it.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I'm finally getting around to finishing Awakening, this truly was the ultimate playthrough. 

20 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah... There came a point, roughly around the final chapters of the Gangrel arc, where my criteria for units was "do you have 20 defense or more? No? Bench it is." Everyone was invincible and nothing could hurt me at all. Lategame most of them fell off... except for Panne, who remained invincible the entire game. So I just beat it with her. And Gregor! Can't forget Gregor, diligently boosting her stats.

Any Fire Emblem game has got to suck with that kind of strategy.

Have you ever tried some of the Spotpass prologues?

20 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Takumi is already a corpse by the time he is fought in Endgame. Therefore it isn't rape. It's necrophilia instead.

...I know, not much of an improvement...

...Clearly I missed an integral part of the conversation

I think I'll keep it that way.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_5993.png

Screenshot_5994.png

Screenshot_5995.png

Anyways i have reached a familiar location from Project X Zone. I've got to get to work so i will stop there for now.

Is it just me or are there a lot of space cowboys in modern media?

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Or at least balance it out with a healthy line of spirit dust.

I really wanna use Fir, so I dunno how many I can give her...

Maybe Fir will end up strength-blessed or something, though!

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wouldn't advise training her for Aureola, though 45 effective Mt means it still ought to 2HKO at worst.

This is my attempt at a combat Elen; even though she isn't cooperating, I will do anything I can to make it happen.

'Morning!

Okay, after a lot of headache and undue stress, I am finally back where I was before.

Time to play like the biggest, most snivelling coward to make absolutely sure I don't make The Mistake again and have to redo yet again. I am tired.

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Any Fire Emblem game has got to suck with that kind of strategy.

No other FE game gave me invincible units with the consistency that Awakening did. I was able to fill my entire team with units who took little to no damage.

...I should mention that anybody who didn't have enough defense to be invincible was deemed needless. And then died. And then in the final chapter I used literally the entirety of the cast that was still alive to buy time for Panne and Gregor to crit the final boss to death. Only surviors were Flavia and Lucina, and the latter only because I was under the impression that she was a game over unit.

So uhhhh yeah. Basically, my run was "Panne kills everything and everyone else dies because Ruben is lazy and doesn't care about any of them." It was fun.

Have you ever tried some of the Spotpass prologues?

I didn't bother with the regular paralogues lol. I kinda wanted to put Gangrel in my team at first, but then I heard he's only available for the final map, and by then I was speedrunning the game as fast as I could to see if I could actually beat it in one afternoon. If I'm not mistaken, I started at chapter 15 and made it... well, to the end of the game.

Everyone was telling me I'd hate Cervantes's map, that the reinforcements there were impossible or something. By the time they spawned, Panne was already halfway through her moustache steak.

...Clearly I missed an integral part of the conversation

I think I'll keep it that way.

Don't revive that conversation, please. People will start accusing me of sending the thread into chaos again, even though I was blameless this time.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

I really wanna use Fir, so I dunno how many I can give her...

There's exactly two energy rings in the game, and they're both route-exclusive. So uh. Yeah. Have fun.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

This is my attempt at a combat Elen; even though she isn't cooperating, I will do anything I can to make it happen.

Are we... are we sure it's even possible at this point...?

Aaaand guess what I made. That's right, The Mistake.

Yeah, no, fuck it. I'm giving up. I'll beat this game without save states one day. That day is not today. I've been on this map long enough just making dumb mistakes.

Jesus fucking Christ, stuff like this reminds me why this game is below NMotE and Berwick Saga. It's so unpleasant. One tiny mistake, or worse, one unlucky RNG roll, and you've wasted the last 30 minutes of your life and have to start over from scratch. And since levels and enemies are both static, the reset consists entirely of doing the exact same things you already did before that worked, until you get to the point where you screwed up. Nothing but mountains upon mountains of wasted time.

I honestly don't know why I even try to play this game without save states. It's zero fun and outright stressful at its worst, and stress is not an emotion one should feel when playing a videogame. The elitist in me needs to shut the fuck up.

Yes, I'm raging. Sorry about that. Ignore this post, please, I'm just extremely angry right now. Because of a fucking videogame. The fact that I'm this angry about a game angers me even more.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No other FE game gave me invincible units with the consistency that Awakening did. I was able to fill my entire team with units who took little to no damage.

Fair, I mean what you described was essentially my first playthrough of Awakening as well.

It is a strategy that will send you to the end of the game if making some bonus maps nearly impossible.

Or I'm just a bad tactician, which would make a lot of sense.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I didn't bother with the regular paralogues lol. I kinda wanted to put Gangrel in my team at first, but then I heard he's only available for the final map, and by then I was speedrunning the game as fast as I could to see if I could actually beat it in one afternoon. If I'm not mistaken, I started at chapter 15 and made it... well, to the end of the game.

Interesting...

Maybe you should try it again sometime, I'd wager a different playstyle can make it feel like an entirely different game. Just the second seals alone can make for endless replayability, I mean why have one good unit when all of your units can be gods among men? 

That's part of the reason I'm looking to play Birthright so soon after I beat it. I may have finished the game but every time I look at that save file I just feel empty.

There we go. Fuga beat. I calmed down a lot after I decided to stop stressing over this nonsense, but... Hoo boy. I don't want to play this game again for a week. Which means tomorrow I'll be right back to it, probably, but... hot damn, trying to beat that legit for no greater reason than my fragile ego left me completely burned out. I should've just taken my win at Kitsune Hell and ran with it.

Let this be a lesson to you, kids: Cheating is good and giving up feels nice. Now it's time to go play Terraria and... Oh yeah, that game's miserable too, I forgot. Haha! Fun! Just joking, that one's not miserable, even with my house invaded by demons it's a chill game to play.

13 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fair, I mean what you described was essentially my first playthrough of Awakening as well.

It is a strategy that will send you to the end of the game if making some bonus maps nearly impossible.

Oh no. Not the bonus maps.

Interesting...

It was so easy that I could get away with it. Helps that unlike PoR, it plays buttery smooth as well. If it had been as slow and clunky as PoR I would've just quit lol.

Maybe you should try it again sometime, I'd wager a different playstyle can make it feel like an entirely different game.

I've considered it. The problem is that it also runs pretty poorly on Citra, so I'm not as inclined to replay it.

Just the second seals alone can make for endless replayability, I mean why have one good unit when all of your units can be gods among men? 

This, on the other hand... Yeah, if I ever do replay Awakening, I don't think I'd go for this. It was fun the one time, but I am not someone who enjoys replaying FEs just to watch them play themselves.

That's part of the reason I'm looking to play Birthright so soon after I beat it. I may have finished the game but every time I look at that save file I just feel empty.

Well, that's certainly an idea!

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh no. Not the bonus maps.

Heh, bonus maps meaning the Spotpass maps.

Aversa and Priam's maps are the hardest chapters in the base game I'm pretty sure, considering one has you put up against mirrored copies of all of your own units.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've considered it. The problem is that it also runs pretty poorly on Citra, so I'm not as inclined to replay it.

Ah, forgot that you use emulators for this. Yeah, that's fair.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This, on the other hand... Yeah, if I ever do replay Awakening, I don't think I'd go for this. It was fun the one time, but I am not someone who enjoys replaying FEs just to watch them play themselves.

Aye, yeah I can see why that wouldn't be fun.

What difficulty were you playing on originally?

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, that's certainly an idea!

As soon as I'm done with Awakening I'll jumping aboard the Fates hype train from Birthright to Revelations and maybe Gaiden or Three Houses after that!

13 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Lmao if only it werent the truth. 

Kinda makes the game not fun, though. 

Everything in the game makes it not fun 😛

14 hours ago, Sooks said:

Z8DWUMU.jpg
Well, this certainly an accurate depiction of the internet if it were in a time travel game.

ayy

How's S;G treatin ya?

I feel a bit better about GuardianSing's cheese strategy now. Mainly because the cheese is moldy. This spider armor is worse than the armor I'm wearing! I mean, sure, I think what you were getting at is spam summons and have them do the fights for me, but... Eh. I'll keep the molten armor for now. It's sturdier and it buffs my flail, which is still viable even in hardmode. That said, I will at least craft myself a summoning staff. Abigail has fallen off hard.

...Oh, and a boss spawned naturally. Awesome! Not so awesome: It was the worm again. I lasted a few more seconds this time, but uh... yeah.

11 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Heh, bonus maps meaning the Spotpass maps.

Aversa and Priam's maps are the hardest chapters in the base game I'm pretty sure, considering one has you put up against mirrored copies of all of your own units.

Yeah, I don't think I'd want to fight my Panne.

Aye, yeah I can see why that wouldn't be fun.

What difficulty were you playing on originally?

Hard. Everything above looks difficult, but... well, not in a fun way.

As soon as I'm done with Awakening I'll jumping aboard the Fates hype train from Birthright to Revelations and maybe Gaiden or Three Houses after that!

Do a generics only run of Revelations. It's what I did and it only improved the game.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Let's see *checks the old forum post with FE6 HM stats*

Chapter 21 level 13 Paladins:

53-58 HP, 10-11 Res, 16-17 AS.

I'm intentionally picking one of the toughest, the weaker Pallies have HP as low as 46, Res as low as 8, and AS as low as 11. Magic units are a lost cause for this Elen, and Wyvern Lords have more HP, same AS, but lower Res (and the weakness to Aureola).

Promotion provides +3 Mag to Elen. So she'll be at a 6 minimum. Divine has 8 Mt (and a harmless 3 Wt), giving her 14 Atk. She'll be guaranteed to deal at least 3 damage against such a ferocious endgame foe (chosen as a worst-case scenario). Making for an 18HKO, or 9RKO if she can double.

...Yeah, that isn't exactly what I would call possible.

Although with her already having 20 Lck and a not-terrible 12 Spd, which becomes 14 on promotion, that's 48 Avoid already. That Silver Lance Paladin has 104 Hit. If Elen caps her Lck by then, we're looking at 58, if she keeps to her averages and grows another 4 Spd by 20/20... that's 66 for a 38 Displayed, or 29.26 True, while being OKHO'ed in return (unless you buy some 'Robes in Etruria, which is a great idea -if you're making Niime nostank this battle). Not good enough to dodgetank. She'd be needing supports and or terrain for that, neither of which is dependable.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I feel a bit better about GuardianSing's cheese strategy now. Mainly because the cheese is moldy. This spider armor is worse than the armor I'm wearing! I mean, sure, I think what you were getting at is spam summons and have them do the fights for me, but... Eh. I'll keep the molten armor for now. It's sturdier and it buffs my flail, which is still viable even in hardmode. That said, I will at least craft myself a summoning staff. Abigail has fallen off hard.

Spoken like a true melee player.

I don't know if I would call it a cheese strategy. It's more like a...viable progression point, and an absolutely necessary one if you were a summoner. The spider armor with the staff has a lot less defense but much better offense, so the strategy with that armor (And most summoner armor in general) Is to focus on dodging, which can be a heavy task in later bullet hell boss fights.

Something that becomes real important for all classes in hardmode is the balance between offense and defense. Something I'm sure you noticed is that when you have a full set of the same armor you get a set bonus, which is a new feature in the 1.4 update. Every single armor set as its own set bonus and it becomes pretty important in hardmode when certain armors have better set bonus's but less defense. 

Right now you should probably start mining the new ores if you haven't already, find a set that you like and then take on one of the mech bosses.

If you want another cheese strat, I'd recommend going after the Daedalus Stormbow that rains arrows from the sky, difficult to get yes but makes the fight against the Destroyer a cakewalk.

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hard. Everything above looks difficult, but... well, not in a fun way.

Aye, I've heard Lunatic is reinforcement hell.

54 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Do a generics only run of Revelations. It's what I did and it only improved the game.

Generics as in...?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Chapter 21 secret shop has energy rings, right? I have to check the 16 ones as well, 'cause I might need to do some arena grinding in chapter 13 for money.

Plus, even if Roy got a bunch of bad levels, he's quite strong, so I don't need to give him any boosts; neither does Wolt, and Noah can do just fine at 10/1 even with bad levels, so I don't think the competition's that great for most items. And there's Wendy... but I really don't think she'll live long enough to get anything.

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hey, she could also get 19 consecutive magic levels... even if that's also, like, a 0.005% chance. Regardless, I plan to give her all energy rings, speedwings, drangleic robes and Dracoshields.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm here again.

Today I intend to go to the company and settle things.

Good luck! Hope it goes smoothly.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Ah, right. Never used that feature on my previous playthroughs so I might as well try it.

A warning: You won't be able to capture Vallite enemies.

This locks all the enemies in the second half of Rev and some of the paralogues out from you.

Righto. I've got a couple spiders, I've got a spider queen sentry, I even built a modest arena. I try not to rely on those for Terraria bosses, but clearly this destroyer thing is going to require some finesse. With all of these tools, I'm sure to prevail! And then, I will reclaim my home.

53 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Let's see *checks the old forum post with FE6 HM stats*

Chapter 21 level 13 Paladins:

53-58 HP, 10-11 Res, 16-17 AS.

I'm intentionally picking one of the toughest, the weaker Pallies have HP as low as 46, Res as low as 8, and AS as low as 11. Magic units are a lost cause for this Elen, and Wyvern Lords have more HP, same AS, but lower Res (and the weakness to Aureola).

Promotion provides +3 Mag to Elen. So she'll be at a 6 minimum. Divine has 8 Mt (and a harmless 3 Wt), giving her 14 Atk. She'll be guaranteed to deal at least 3 damage against such a ferocious endgame foe (chosen as a worst-case scenario). Making for an 18HKO, or 9RKO if she can double.

Although with her already having 20 Lck and a not-terrible 12 Spd, which becomes 14 on promotion, that's 48 Avoid already. That Silver Lance Paladin has 104 Hit. If Elen caps her Lck by then, we're looking at 58, if she keeps to her averages and grows another 4 Spd by 20/20... that's 66 for a 38 Displayed, or 29.26 True, while being OKHO'ed in return (unless you buy some 'Robes in Etruria, which is a great idea -if you're making Niime nostank this battle). Not good enough to dodgetank. She'd be needing supports and or terrain for that, neither of which is dependable.

Well, the numbers have spoken.

You must stick with her @Benice

31 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Spoken like a true melee player.

I was a mage in my first run. Maybe I'll go melee this time. Not sure.

I don't know if I would call it a cheese strategy. It's more like a...viable progression point, and an absolutely necessary one if you were a summoner. The spider armor with the staff has a lot less defense but much better offense, so the strategy with that armor (And most summoner armor in general) Is to focus on dodging, which can be a heavy task in later bullet hell boss fights.

Something that becomes real important for all classes in hardmode is the balance between offense and defense. Something I'm sure you noticed is that when you have a full set of the same armor you get a set bonus, which is a new feature in the 1.4 update. Every single armor set as its own set bonus and it becomes pretty important in hardmode when certain armors have better set bonus's but less defense. 

It's a feature I didn't remember wasn't in the versions I played. Now that I know it's new, I'm glad for it lol.

Right now you should probably start mining the new ores if you haven't already, find a set that you like and then take on one of the mech bosses.

I'm doing it now. The molten set works with the flail.

If you want another cheese strat, I'd recommend going after the Daedalus Stormbow that rains arrows from the sky, difficult to get yes but makes the fight against the Destroyer a cakewalk.

Duly noted

14 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Ah, right. Never used that feature on my previous playthroughs so I might as well try it.

Oh you have to do it. To be fair, Rev is not the best place to use it. Enemies have nothing but their stats, and when you enter Valla you can't get any captures because invaders are uncapturable.

Conquest is where it's at. Some of those generics, and bosses, have amazing skill kits that wouldn't be out of place in proper playable characters. Haitaka, in particular. I'll let my signature's Haitaka speak for himself.

...I'm not sure how much you care about spoilers in Rev, but I'm feeling real tempted to share with you a certain video of my generic army handling the final boss. Just to give you a taste of what you could do.

Oh my God I got shredded in 10 seconds again! Maybe I should try a different boss. This one's clearly not working out. Thankfully, I have an orichanvil now, so I can craft my own summoning items instead of having them handed to me at random.

Okay, no, melee is awful. Time to go and find... whatever else to beat one boss with.

Ahhh, the demons are going to have my house forever...

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Kumegara > Haitaka imo

That's because your Haitaka is massively RNG screwed lol. Usually he's got solid combat on top of his utility. Kumagera has great combat too, but he falls off way harder due to his low speed and nonexistent luck.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Kumegara > Haitaka imo

Personally Haitaka has more going due to availability, a Spd growth that tends to work out and he also has Lances for Kitsune hell going for him.

Kumagera has had some.... accidents in my time with his low luck as well.