• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Completed Shin Megami Tensei V yesterday on the chaos ending. I was planning to get the true neutral ending, but the level scaling made fighting the super boss and practice in  either a strong team or grinding.  Overall the exploration is one of the strongest assists. Da'at is a great area to wander about with meaningful goodies every corner. Gameplay continues the series tradition of being tough but fair, especially in the early-midgame. Story is a bit underbaked with characters and beats coming and going before I got a chance to truly meet. Omagatoki: Critical and Dampeners nearly folded the game in half.

I give the game a 7/10, good rpg to add for the SMT and Switch collection. With the possibility of a 8/9 if the issues are address in the possible rerelease.

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Good morning!

I finally finished Awakening yesterday so it's about time I try out Fates once again and see what the hype is all about.

If you don't like it, there's this game called Berwick Saga, it's been a while since I had anyone I could shill it to.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Yeah… I mean, even I found her painfully generic.

Well, that's... that's not good.

Although I thought that, but this line

WeJ7Rfo.jpg
Did warm my heart juuuust a little. (This being her first thought for “practical applications” of sending emails to the past.) Her voice actor also does a phenomenal job, imo.

Please tell me she wants to do that because she forgot to do it in the first place.

Okay so the cute girl is Mayuri, the redhead who looks like she wants to murder everyone around her and then herself is Kurisu I'm pretty sure, and the man with the dumb look and a mossy chin is Okabe. Blonde girl, I do not know.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ngl, none of what I've seen from you and Ruben have convinced me that Conquest Lunatic is good.

It's... an experience, all right. I'd say it is fair and fun for the most part, but it takes a certain mindset, as it's really, really exhausting. Case in point: I love it and yet it's exhausted me in this run lol.

Honestly, while I 100% prefer it to no-brain FEs like PoR, there's a reason Conquest is not at the top of my ranking. NMotE and Berwick having mid-chapter saves and reasonably lower difficulty (and well, casts I love much more - I am fonder of Fates's folks than most, but the fact that half my favorites are capturable bosses is really telling... And you simply cannot top Berwick's excellent cast) really help to make them more pleasant to play. Conquest is a headache and a half, you make a single mistake and it's back to the beginning with you. Which, again, if you're in the right mindset, it's fine, but you gotta be in the mood for a challenge.

Then again, I'll be using battle saves if I ever do that 😉

Heh...

5 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Man

I am really really really really in the mood for Fates

Just...

WHY KITSUNE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLL

How ironic. I'm past Kitsune Hell, and yet I'm the one who's finding himself not in the mood for Fates lol.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Damn itttttttttttt

Odin almost solo'ed half the map

He is just 1 str away from one shotting by vantage (after STR tonic and +3 Iron sword ofc)

hmmm

Let's give him a different Pair up from Severa

Hey, not to brag, but I'd just like to point out, in my latest run, I went full deployment and I won on the first try.

Not bragging, I'm just... I'd just like to brag. Without bragging. Just sayin', I'm the fucking man is all.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, not to brag, but I'd just like to point out, in my latest run, I went full deployment and I won on the first try.

Not bragging, I'm just... I'd just like to brag. Without bragging. Just sayin', I'm the fucking man is all.

I already did full deployment before in one of my runs

Never wanna do it again, it's a fucking pain in the ass

Edited by Father Shrimpas

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you don't like it, there's this game called Berwick Saga, it's been a while since I had anyone I could shill it to.

Hmm, in what manner would I be able to play these Berwick Saga games you speak of so often?

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Hmm, in what manner would I be able to play these Berwick Saga games you speak of so often?

If you can run PS2 emulator, we can help you 😉

It's a pretty damn good game, the best made by Kaga imo, and it's gameplay is pretty unique!

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I already did full deployment before in one of my runs

Never wanna do it again, it's a fucking pain in the ass

Oh yeah, it sure is.

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

PCSX2 is the PS2 emulator for Berwick Saga. It's a bit demanding, however. But I would recommend checking it out, if nothing else.

TearRing Saga is a PS1 game, though, those are easier to emulate. There's a number of emulators for PS1, the one I use is Mednafen with a custom interface called Medlaunch.

These two are fan translated, you can find both translations here in Serenes.

As for Vestaria Saga, that's just on PC. You can get it on Steam.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Please tell me she wants to do that because she forgot to do it in the first place.

I mean, part of her archetype is being ditzy/airheaded…

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay so the cute girl is Mayuri, the redhead who looks like she wants to murder everyone around her and then herself is Kurisu I'm pretty sure, and the man with the dumb look and a mossy chin is Okabe. Blonde girl, I do not know.

Yes, this is all true. Smh, ignoring Itaru in the corner like that.

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

If you can run PS2 emulator, we can help you 😉

It's a pretty damn good game, the best made by Kaga imo, and it's gameplay is pretty unique!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

PCSX2 is the PS2 emulator for Berwick Saga. It's a bit demanding, however. But I would recommend checking it out, if nothing else.

TearRing Saga is a PS1 game, though, those are easier to emulate. There's a number of emulators for PS1, the one I use is Mednafen with a custom interface called Medlaunch.

These two are fan translated, you can find both translations here in Serenes.

As for Vestaria Saga, that's just on PC. You can get it on Steam.

I see...

Definitely worth checking out. I don't think my laptop is capable of emulation, especially with how full it is, but it is certainly something to keep in mind.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I mean, part of her archetype is being ditzy/airheaded…

Greeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaat.

Yes, this is all true.

Hurray for me. I know the gang before I even met them. Heck, I already hate Mayuri! Ok no I don't. Hey, who knows, let's keep an open mind. Maybe she'll go "I'm ready to roll" in a cute voice and I'll actually like her. The possibility exists.

Smh, ignoring Itaru in the corner like that.

The wha...?

Oh shit, yeah! The fat guy is sitting in the corner of the frame! I legit did not see him.

Just now, GuardianSing said:

I see...

Definitely worth checking out. I don't think my laptop is capable of emulation, especially with how full it is, but it is certainly something to keep in mind.

PS2 might not be possible, which is a shame, because Berwick Saga is a masterpiece and one of the best games of all time, in this humble man's humble opinion, of course. Worth checking TRS and Vestaria out, though, as PS1 is much lighter to emulate and Vestaria is a regular PC game that I'm pretty sure doesn't demand much on the hardware. As for the gameplay, TRS and Vestaria are just more FE with a completely batshit insane, unrestrainted Kaga, whereas Berwick is more exotic and has a bit of a learning curve while you get used to its quirks.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

PS2 might not be possible, which is a shame, because Berwick Saga is a masterpiece and one of the best games of all time, in this humble man's humble opinion, of course. Worth checking TRS and Vestaria out, though, as PS1 is much lighter to emulate and Vestaria is a regular PC game that I'm pretty sure doesn't demand much on the hardware. As for the gameplay, TRS and Vestaria are just more FE with a completely batshit insane, unrestrainted Kaga, whereas Berwick is more exotic and has a bit of a learning curve while you get used to its quirks.

Alright, step one: Buy a working PS1 and 2.

I finished chapter 3. I had the option to answer a random phone call from Itaru or ignore it for literally no reason, and both options lead to short, different scenes that lead to the exact same point and seem to have done nothing, so I went with answering the call because why not?

Anyway,

o7uR8Pb.jpg

@Saint Rubenio is legally obligated to like Kurisu now.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oof.

Two systems I've been looking after anyway so this is just another motivation to get 'em!

Although you said something about fan translations meaning they're probably Japanese exclusive games, huh?

Alright, step 2: Learn to speak fluent Japanese.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Two systems I've been looking after anyway so this is just another motivation to get 'em!

Although you said something about fan translations meaning they're probably Japanese exclusive games, huh?

Eyup.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Alright, step 2: Learn to speak fluent Japanese.

Oof...

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I finished chapter 3. I had the option to answer a random phone call from Itaru or ignore it for literally no reason, and both options lead to short, different scenes that lead to the exact same point and seem to have done nothing, so I went with answering the call because why not?

fyi

The options might really only take effect later, that's a VN staple 😉 

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eyup.

Oof...

I'd like to learn Japanese anyways so it's still in the realm of possibility!

...But yeah I'll probably just emulate it.

I'm getting ahead of myself though. On to Fates!

Edited by GuardianSing