Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

At least Jagen has the paladin spikes.

Heck, almost all the old dudes have something going on for them. Jagen and his spikes, Wendell and his hat, Lorenz and his eyepatch, etc.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ridges and Vyland are just the most boring units in Shadow Dragon, that’s all.

"Ridges" gets one hell of a character in his FE12 supports.

Vyland has a Japanese meme going for him. That's it.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

nCNbSpV.jpg

Actually, Ruben will heavily relate to Mayuri

Come now...

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, but it’s the same basic cavalier armor all of them have, just in a different color. 

Actually, Frey does have more ornate armor.

I do agree, however, that they do not match the Sable Knights. Those dudes are the most stylish guys in the fucking franchise, I swear. I've always wanted those white jackets so bad.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Welcome!

3 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Welcome, lost lamb!

Welcome to the best Thread on the net^^

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

And welcome to you too!

Thank you, thank you, I'm glad to be here!

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ooohhhhhh yeah, I completely forgot, the wyrmslayer. You know, the thing I've... never gotten any use out of.

I can't really be used for much if it's only ever good for killing Corrin, Garon, and Wyvern Riders. 

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Yeah, I get the idea. If Wyverns were like Tellius they'd shoot up in relevance that's for sure. I don't really get to see much use as the sword users who I'd have fighting them would tend to do enough without it.

Corrin being weak to Wyrmslayers is pretty much irrelevant after Chapter 5 (unless you have a Marth amiibo and fight him since he has Falchion).

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

At least Jagen has the paladin spikes.

Heck, almost all the old dudes have something going on for them. Jagen and his spikes, Wendell and his hat, Lorenz and his eyepatch, etc.

Boah has a hat of his own, Frost has the sick sideburns, Gotoh has yet another cool hat... They really do like their hats, huh.

3 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

Corrin being weak to Wyrmslayers is pretty much irrelevant after Chapter 5 (unless you have a Marth amiibo and fight him since he has Falchion).

I wasn't on about it when it comes to Corrin, though I can see it being an issue in Ch. 26 Conquest at the start.

It's the issue of how often is it that useful for attacking enemy wyverns, especially in a game where bows are very solid.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Ridges" gets one hell of a character in his FE12 supports.

I love autocorrect.

Vyland has a Japanese meme going for him. That's it.

What meme is that?

Sable Knights

That name isn’t ringing any bells…

3 minutes ago, twilit of Christmas Past said:

Mayuri no

Actually Twilit, didn’t you watch the anime or am I misremembering? Did you like it?

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

WP4CLos.png

What is this? Is this the game in the semicolon saga™ that you said you were gonna play?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Is this the game in the semicolon saga™ that you said you were gonna play?

yup, and this was a message the MC got during a game.

I mean, it's pretty accurate to rl.

Edited by Father Shrimpas

Just now, Sooks said:

Actually Twilit, didn’t you watch the anime or am I misremembering? Did you like it?

Yeah, I loved it. Top tier show.

What meme is that?

🅱️iraku

literally just that

his Japanese name

What meme is that?

Yaranaika Guy

Maybe the most unpopular character of FE1 : r/fireemblem

Grust's Elite Order of Knights. Camus is their leader. You fought them a few times in Shadow Dragon. Then the Satellaview FE added some as playables for one of its maps, who then showed up in New Mystery.

To give a more detailed explanation, Vyland's portrait in Mystery of the Emblem was said to resembled a Yaranaika Face, which itself was already a meme in Japan. Thus, Vyland, or Biraku as known at the time, effectively became associated with the Yaranaika face meme, and it took off from there.

Japanese FE memes are certainly something. My favorite has to be General Bolt-Axe. The PoR boss in the map with the rolling boulders. His meme popularity was such he was like the one minor boss who managed to get a Cipher Card. At least, his sort of minor boss-ness, since others like Freige's Mage Sister trio also got cards... but we know that was likely due to waifus. Though to be fair, they had more going on to them than Grommel.

fe0_p09004pr_1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1571439147

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Oh yeah, I’d like to amend my prediction from before (so potential S;G spoilers again, because I’m that good at predicting)

Spoiler

Either Moeka or Suzuha is John Titor, or at least claims to be online. That’s my prediction.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Grust's Elite Order of Knights. Camus is their leader. You fought them a few times in Shadow Dragon. Then the Satellaview FE added some as playables for one of its maps, who then showed up in New Mystery.

Oh, yeah, those guys. I don’t remember any white jackets though, were those added to those playable in Satellaview FE and New Mystery?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh, yeah, those guys. I don’t remember any white jackets though, were those added to those playable in Satellaview FE and New Mystery?

Yeah. Sable Knights, as their name implies, wear Black/Sable colored armor.

However, for the three guys that become playable in Satellaview, they ironically give them white jackets. They kept them for New Mystery, basically.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Caesar and Radd. Another two I've never used. With New Mystery's massive cast, it's to be expected I'm missing some folls even after all these years.

Sounds like we've used the opposite side of the cast. I haven't used Yubello,Yumina, Sheena, Malice, etc, while you haven't used Caesar, Radd, Darros, Wendall (I think), etc. I suppose I mainly just re use meme units from SD, since I like doing New Mystery right after an SD run, which I do frequently. Gotta dedicate more runs to mystery exclusives.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Middle aged cavaliers aren't so common, usually it's either young or ancient. Plus, I like the white armor, it's cool.

I can respect that

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Dang...didn't leave much of an impression? I personally really like them. There's quite some buildup to Camus in SD, and his chapter does have enemies get noticeably stronger, so I can feel the threat of the Sable Order. Sone paladins are lvl 14 promoted there. Well I guess DSFE generally can do a much better job for presentation. Well, at least satellite view FE gave a few new units that now have supports in new mystery. I mainly like Belf with Sirius.

5 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Dang...didn't leave much of an impression? I personally really like them. There's quite some buildup to Camus in SD

Camus’ only build up in SD imo was getting name dropped 50 times, I had no real reason to care about him.

But then again, that’s normal for the archetype named after him.

5 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

and his chapter does have enemies get noticeably stronger

On hard 2 this is around the point where the game starts playing itself if you’re using units you’ve invested in a lot.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Camus’ only build up in SD imo was getting name dropped 50 times, I had no real reason to care about him.

I mean...he gives you thorough in a village. That's gotta count for something, right? To be fair, this was the first FE, so they can't do much else other than name drops.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

On hard 2 this is around the point where the game starts playing itself if you’re using units you’ve invested in a lot.

I dont remember in h2, but on h3 and h4, all enemies start using silvers, and their speed is high enough where doubling can be quite tough without Caeda or the whitewings. On h5 though, they use brave weapons, which destroy all your non-tanky units. Also, I'm pretty sure the music changes starting that chapter. That's the best part. Real cool song imo.

More S;G stuff

Spoiler

Wait, Suzuha is searching for her dad? Maybe her dad is John Titor.

Or maybe John Titor is just a hoax thrown in the game to completely throw players off, and is actually just some guy who made everything up.

PART ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spider-Verse already the best Spider-Man movie and we're getting two more?! We really about to have the best Spider-Man trilogy huh. Complete with absolutely sublime animation.

And showing off a tease of Miles Morales vs Spider-Man 2099 is a great way to hype things up.

5 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Two systems I've been looking after anyway so this is just another motivation to get 'em!

Although you said something about fan translations meaning they're probably Japanese exclusive games, huh?

Alright, step 2: Learn to speak fluent Japanese.

You could, in theory, patch the discs if you know how.

Or something like that.

Or do the barbarian method of playing the game and having a spreadsheet next to you.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For me, it's interactive enough with the combo timing and all

Tbh, i found the timing in NxC a bit easier to get than in EF.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yes, but I used a controller through Exceed, and I can be patient on this game. Sorry if you're secretly burning up inside waiting for me to get to Xenosaga.

Nah, NxC is well........you'll see. I can't say how long you'd play it but yeah, it's not a game i'd be in a rush to play. Xenosaga Episode I is also like the second weakest game in the series so for similar reasons....yeah, take your time.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I mean, if something is gonna be broken it beeds to either be

A: be earned by the player. Hard work deserves reward.

B: an endgame surprise. This is fine, if its for the ending portion, its whatever at that point.

C) aftergame content. This allows for some serious domination after you get that far.

Heehee Prime 3 Hypermode go brrrr

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

gp1lGeU.png

My kinda girl

But does she have a giant robot?