Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

So I was kinda right, but…

Spoiler

Why does the chapter abruptly end like I’m supposed to know who Barrel Titor is? I have never heard that name in my life.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But does she have a giant robot?

She's trying to create one actually

@Sooks

John Titor happened irl btw. Someone in 2000/2001 on the net claimed to be a time traveler.

Don't google it for now to not get spoiled tho

Edited by Father Shrimpas

Anyway, I guess that’s chapter 4 done.

Also, 6ewxRkP.jpg

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

@Sooks

John Titor happened irl btw. Someone in 2000/2001 on the net claimed to be a time traveler.

Ah, yeah, I wondered if that was the case due to the weird way he was referenced at first. I didn’t want to Google it just in case it was a Steins;Gate invention, because that would have led to massive spoilers, so thanks.

Spoiler

So am I supposed to recognize Barrel? The way the game ends the chapter with that line makes it feel like it’s supposed to be a massive reveal but I just went “huh?”

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

PART ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spider-Verse already the best Spider-Man movie and we're getting two more?! We really about to have the best Spider-Man trilogy huh. Complete with absolutely sublime animation.

And showing off a tease of Miles Morales vs Spider-Man 2099 is a great way to hype things up.

fuck-_now_there_are_two_of_you-hardback-

I was not expecting them to plan a 2-parter.

Did Miles get taller or am I just thinking he was shorter? So how far off is this, he still seems to be in second level education (or he's living with his parents in further education, which oof). We also get a bit of him and 2099 fighting, but I have nothing to say because I know essentially nothing about that one. Also, wonder how Gwen got the universe hopping, did she get met by 2099? Was it someone in her universe? Our villain?

Also, admittedly I'm probably the one person who's thought it looked off in moments, but this looked much worse than I expected. I hope that was entirely because the trailer streamed at a lower quality.

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Nope,

Hide contents

the surprise is that Barrel isn't part of the "rl" user account, i think

Yeah, I guess that makes sense, it’s just an incredibly odd place to end the chapter.

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Don't google him!!!

Massive spoilers!

Of course, of course.

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

That was quite a longthy shift.

Well, now you can kick back and relax, at least a bit! Try to rest if you can.

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

How was everyone's day?

It was a perfectly normal Saturday, a lot of which I spent playing Steins;Gate. How was yours?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How was yours?

I worked for the first time in a coupole weeks! I forgot my lunch, so the 8 and 1/2s without food was a bit of a downer, but it's nice to be back.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Try to rest if you can.

Alas, homework calls.

35 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So how far off is this, he still seems to be in second level education (or he's living with his parents in further education, which oof).

It seems (the first scene anyway) to pick off literally where the first movie left off.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

I worked for the first time in a coupole weeks! I forgot my lunch, so the 8 and 1/2s without food was a bit of a downer, but it's nice to be back.

Make sure to eat something! And drink something, if you haven’t.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Alas, homework calls.

Just get some rest in there somewhere!

56 minutes ago, Dayni said:

but I have nothing to say because I know essentially nothing about that one.

So the SparkNotes version I got here:

Spider-Man 2099 a.k.a Miguel O'Hara is the Spider-Man of....2099. Unlike most Spider-Men/Women, Miguel's webs are organic (much like the Raimi version of Peter Parker). iirc, he's also really sensitive to light. Like negatively. Miguel's Spider-Man suit is actually his old Day of the Dead costume that he repurposed (I think this leads to one of his buddies finding out).

Admittidly, this is just the stuff I know. My knowledge on 2099 is very limited.

Edit: oh yeah, he also made a cute hologram AI to help him out.

Edited by Armagon

Ah, booster shots. Don't know when I'll have to take my own... but in light of what happened the first time... I certainly hope it won't be a repeat of the experience.

First eight battles done. Easy being the early fights, and less sluggish with fewer units to move and no enemies employing the Twin mechanic yet. I could've played another episode, but that's enough for a day. Kyosuke's Route feels both more demanding and less difficult than Ryusei's, as odd a combination as that would seem.

I see the game didn't adjust one chronological oddity between Kyosuke's side and Ryusei's side pre-meetup. That being Ryusei up to Episode 13 happens before Kyosuke 7 is over, but then everything up to and including Kyosuke 15 happens before Ryusei 15 occurs. Thats... rapid. And all thanks to a single line of text they didn't need to include.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nah, NxC is well........you'll see. I can't say how long you'd play it but yeah, it's not a game i'd be in a rush to play.

I'm aware that one needn't play every old video game, even if it's a "series" one likes or features characters one is familiar with. Some games simply don't age well, and might not have been real "classics" in the first place. A dose of historical curiosity shouldn't bind one to completion of something beyond their tolerances for rusted mechanics. I've made enough dives into antiquity to realize this. 

Nonetheless, I have had NxC in the depths of my mind for years, no deep passion to play it, but I want a pinch of where Reiji & Xiaomu began, for the sake of appreciating them. If it turns out to be Persona 1 all over again, well then I'll abandon ship the same. (It's not merely "Atlus is mean to P1!" that explains why the franchise counts starting from 3 though I wish it could start from 2.)

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Xenosaga Episode I is also like the second weakest game in the series so for similar reasons....yeah, take your time.

Weaker Xeno, Weakest Xeno, Messy Finish Xeno. What's the value to Xenosaga again?😛 Maybe Monolith & Namco are right to salvage Cool Android Ladies and leave the rest behind.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Japanese FE memes are certainly something. My favorite has to be General Bolt-Axe. The PoR boss in the map with the rolling boulders. His meme popularity was such he was like the one minor boss who managed to get a Cipher Card.

Tbf, the guy kinda does deserve it. He has Resolve, which offers an impressive +50% Str bonus in PoR -but having only a Bolt Axe means he can't get the full benefits from it. That's a big mistake.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tbf, the guy kinda does deserve it. He has Resolve, which offers an impressive +50% Str bonus in PoR -but having only a Bolt Axe means he can't get the full benefits from it. That's a big mistake.

And that's part of the meme!

Activate the subtitles if they aren't already.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Screenshot_6000.png?width=585&height=432

Someone who's good at numbers, explain the empirical rule or whatever is going on here.

I actually like understand the logic going on here, what stumps me is literally how the fuck did they get those percents. Everything else i get.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

So im at chapter 6 in Cold Steel, currently level 50.

Bro you started the game yesterday.

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

is Josette playable in any of the CS games?

She's in Cold Steel 3 and 4 but she ain't playable.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What's the value to Xenosaga again?😛

Haha.

Jokes aside, Episode III is the best of the pre-Blade games. Of course, given a proper remake, both Xenogears and Xenosaga Episode III would jump up a few places.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Noooooooooooooooo

The good news is that she grew her hair out and everybody knows that long-haired girls are better than short-haired girls 99%. 

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The good news is that she grew her hair out and everybody knows that long-haired girls are better than short-haired girls 99%. 

B-but my playable F-tier... No...