• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

uBW3awLL_o.jpg

Well, at any rate, that's pylon 2. Straight access to the surface tundra with the rope. I think I might get rid of all the blocks obstructing the water to the left so that it becomes a nice, accessible pond to fish whenever I need underground fish. It always takes me a minute to jump down the hole to hell and find a suitable pond in the caverns, not to mention they tend to be in shit biomes.

The lab is kinda lame, but eh, I'm no Gaudi. Good enough. Ignore the third wheel overthere, she's just here because she sells that very sciency machine in front of the mechanic when she's in the snow biome. Needed to get it to decorate. She'll move out when I find a home for her.

I've also moved most of the remaining NPCs back to the desert village. I was a bit sad that it would be left deserted (haha)... until I realized, hey, it's not like I need to sprinkle all the NPCs all over the world. Those who aren't as important and won't produce a pylon might as well stay around the pyramid.

Now I just need the Party Girl to respawn so I can get a hallow pylon, which I can then use on the artificial hallow I created for easy access to the dungeon. Unfortunately, she suffered an accident during the crimson invasion, so I have to wait for the RNG to hand her over again.

25 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Hey! I captured my first unit! That's an achievement and a half that I somehow never have done after 5 years of playing this game.

Now that's awesome. Who is it?

This'll make trips to the ocean much quicker.

Indeed. I also picked the furthest ocean from my home... Mostly because the other one is really close to being compromised by the crimson. Still, this ocean is also close to the jungle, so it'll make setting up a pylon there easier, too.

...Now lets watch you catch heatstroke on the beach with that new winter coat.

Hah! Well, I haven't changed yet.

...Huh

RNJesus really is challenging ya.

Sure looks like it...

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Still doesn't help with figuring out how I'm dealing with the southern room.

With patience and care.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

This is cannon

Pfft.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

uBW3awLL_o.jpg

Well, at any rate, that's pylon 2. Straight access to the surface tundra with the rope. I think I might get rid of all the blocks obstructing the water to the left so that it becomes a nice, accessible pond to fish whenever I need underground fish. It always takes me a minute to jump down the hole to hell and find a suitable pond in the caverns, not to mention they tend to be in shit biomes.

I don't know if this is still in the game or not but "Torch luck" and luck in general was a newer feature that decides the rate of drops and other such things. Torch luck comes from placing the biome appropriate torches where they belong, it helps increase your luck dramatically.

An easy way to automate that would be to fight the torch god which will just turn any torch you place into the biome specific torch.

Also never kill ladybugs, those drop your luck drastically.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now that's awesome. Who is it?

A knight named Hubert. I have no idea if he's going to be useful in battle but I shall cherish him nonetheless for being my first prisoner of war.

...I'm starting to think that Corrin is a war criminal.

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

A knight named Hubert. I have no idea if he's going to be useful in battle but I shall cherish him nonetheless for being my first prisoner of war.

Which route and difficulty is this out of curiosity?

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Which route and difficulty is this out of curiosity?

Normal Birthright, I'm not the greatest tactician so I'd like to familiarize myself with Fates again before jumping into Conquest.

That and also because I want to make up for my previous Birthright playthrough.

Continued Xcode after long last, despite having woken up fallen asleep a little late and woken up a little early. I'm feeling a little sleepy playing the game, but I'm not so somnolent that my brain can't perform adequately and why is it that I did not feel any tiredness during OG1 this morning?.

Nonetheless, I start the So'najiz Temple, go a decent distance in ...only to reach a room called "Standing Attraction" that I have no idea as to how to proceed in. The game is giving me no clues whatsoever on how to get into the southern half of the chamber. I wasn't expecting to be stumped this badly so soon.😅

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Normal Birthright, I'm not the greatest tactician so I'd like to familiarize myself with Fates again before jumping into Conquest.

That and also because I want to make up for my previous Birthright playthrough.

The one capturable with skills outside their class is the boss of 14, just to let you know in advance.

This is why I focus on capturing in Conquest.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The one capturable with skills outside their class is the boss of 14, just to let you know in advance.

heh, I'll keep that in mind

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I know, it's a gift. 

Tell me CS2 at least upd the ante a little bit?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

CS2 is much much much much worse.

The whole of CS2 takes place during the epilogue chapter of Azure. So they stretched one chapter to a full game and filled it with bullshit.

Gameplay is also much more broken.

Edited by Father Shrimpas

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

CS2 is much much much much worse.

The whole of CS2 takes place during the epilogue chapter of Azure. So they stretched on chapter to a full game and fill it with bullshit.

Gameplay is also much more broken.

Oh, Cold Steel (or, part of it, at least) doesn’t take place entirely after Crossbell? Interesting.

Of course, I still haven’t played Azure…

41 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I don't know if this is still in the game or not but "Torch luck" and luck in general was a newer feature that decides the rate of drops and other such things. Torch luck comes from placing the biome appropriate torches where they belong, it helps increase your luck dramatically.

An easy way to automate that would be to fight the torch god which will just turn any torch you place into the biome specific torch.

Lol the torch god. That'd be so confusing to read, if I hadn't stumbled into it at the Wiki.

Also never kill ladybugs, those drop your luck drastically.

I killed a ladybug once, I believe. Can you imagine, that is the reason for everything shitty that's happened in the run? Haha oh that'd be so funny.

Nanananananaa, they're just really persuasive.

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

12 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

heh, I'll keep that in mind

Good ol' Daniela. She looks like a female Gangrel. She's fun.

RUBEN YOU NO OPEN THIS

Spoiler

Huh, so Mayuri actually does die by getting hit by a train, at least in one world line? That makes the trailer even worse!

Also, Nae pretended like it was an accident after the fact, but I don’t believe her, that was way, way too convenient. I mean, it could have been an accident on her end, but someone got her to go there in the first place, knowing she has a tendency to jump on Mayuri in greeting and Mayuri was being hunted by SERN.

Today in Terraria I found the Influx Waver I wanted, which made getting the last of the Beetle shells from the Golem very easy. I haven't made the Beetle armor yet, but I'll have to decide whether I want the offensive or defensive bonus before I craft it.

I then tried to fish for some Azure Crates so I can get two more Shiny Red Balloons to make a Bundle of Balloons (I have the Sandstorm in a Balloon already), but was interrupted by another Martian invasion, which canceled my fishing but at least gave me a better Influx Waver. Also, it turns out I was missing a Blizzard in a Bottle, so I couldn't make the Bundle of Balloons anyway. I was annoyed enough that I randomly fished in the lava pool I made, which was fortunate because I finally found a crate that gave me a Lava Charm. It was last thing I needed for the Terraspark Boots, so...

f6b08efbe82b77db463cee9770223d5e.gif

And I didn't even need to use any fishing potions. Maybe I'll try to fight Duke Fishron next before trying to complete the endgame.

As a Trails in the Sky question, when am I going to get a party member other than Estelle and Joshua? I find that I enjoy RPGs more when I have more characters to use.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Does that enemy teleport?

They're not supposed to, so it's a visual bug, I think. The way the DS3 engine works is that it disables cloth physics of enemies while they're off-screen to improve the game's performance. However, this leads to things like dogs occasionally appearing to teleport in front of you.

Alternately, it's possible that the elevator passes through a load zone, so when the enemies fall down while the player's not supposed to load what's below the elevator, the enemies unload as well until the player activates the area.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

As a Trails in the Sky question, when am I going to get a party member other than Estelle and Joshua? I find that I enjoy RPGs more when I have more characters to use.

You get one towards the end of the prologue IIRC.

...Unfortunately, I haven't gotten through Ch. 1 yet, so I don't know who else joins when.

Edited by Benice

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lol the torch god. That'd be so confusing to read, if I hadn't stumbled into it at the Wiki.

I missed like 6 words in the sentence, Jesus.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I killed a ladybug once, I believe. Can you imagine, that is the reason for everything shitty that's happened in the run? Haha oh that'd be so funny.

That ladybug swore that in spirit form he get revenge on you.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nanananananaa, they're just really persuasive.

The specific person who persuaded Hubert was Orochi. There were a few interesting voice clips that played while she was in the cell so I can only imagine what happened.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good ol' Daniela. She looks like a female Gangrel. She's fun.

My god she does.

Guess now I know who I'm gonna marry.

Okay, time to finish Broken Steel. Time to end the Enclave once and for all! I'm sure this what players of Fallout 2 thought until surprise, the Enclave showed up again in 3.