Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I've been playing WarioWare gold, and it's a pretty good time so far. Finished the main story, and I'm currently grinding for coins for the capsule.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Welcome @The Dashing Darknut! Glad to have you here!

31 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

I've been playing WarioWare gold, and it's a pretty good time so far. Finished the main story, and I'm currently grinding for coins for the capsule.

I tried to make a pun with gold here, but it didn't work...

Er, glad you've been enjoying it, though! Have you played any other WarioWare games?

This man is truly blessed.

...Then again, after he spent 49 hours getting a Shiny Wooloo, maybe he deserves it.

Edited by Benice

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, interesting directions to take FEH Book VI...

Appearently the new OC girl turns can turn into a cow, IntSys absolutely knew what they're doing here.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Er, glad you've been enjoying it, though! Have you played any other WarioWare games?

I've played the Warioware Get It Together demo, which actually spurred me on to get Gold, if that counts.

Just now, Armagon said:

Appearently the new OC girl turns can turn into a cow, IntSys absolutely knew what they're doing here.

As subtle as a bull in a china shop. Or a cow? XD

I'd say, can't say I can find anything Norse related regarding her. There is a cow in Norse mythology, Auðumbla, or Audhumla (yes, what the weapon in Sacred Stones was named after), but so far no way to say there's a connection yet if there's any.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, interesting directions to take FEH Book VI...

Giving Kiran a cowgirl for the harem? Frankly I'm impressed they held off for so long.

(Looked at it. I laughed. Duma but Cow is certainly an attack.)

Meanwhile, FEH Chess had a demo with Reinhardt commentating. Just, felt it was worth mentioning that is a thing.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

This man is truly blessed.

The blessed Trinity.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Don't have a cow, man.

800px-Ash_cow_suit.png

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Is that what they did in Final Fantasy IV?

Not in the original SNES version, which had a fixed party for the final dungeon, but some later versions give you almost everyone by the end of the game.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

2 parties? So you only have to use 4 from each group orrrr?

I hear Reverie has three protagonists like everyone's favorite game, Sonic 06, so the 50 characters are probably split amongst their parties.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Giving Kiran a cowgirl for the harem? Frankly I'm impressed they held off for so long.

Bro look at the new icon

KYwI4CDPwd1c0EreOhd4KctUTOBcxbIdfGOAwIfU

This feels lewd.

She is cute tho ngl.

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

Not in the original SNES version, which had a fixed party for the final dungeon, but some later versions give you almost everyone by the end of the game.

GBA and PSP do, PS1, 3D remake (DS/PC) and the new rerelease does not.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bro look at the new icon

KYwI4CDPwd1c0EreOhd4KctUTOBcxbIdfGOAwIfU

This feels lewd.

She is cute tho ngl.

Apparently I didn't think that.

One of us has failed.

FaGBP.png.ec14d4e96ec7248b82215a6de926418f.png

For that matter, Elm turning into a bat is also something I can't find related to Nordic stuff. Maybe they aren't actually adding too much Norse related stuff for once...

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Don't have a cow, man.

800px-Ash_cow_suit.png

Early Pokemon weirdness? Has to be Gen 1, given Miltank was Gen 2.

At least it's not as strange as the Ash body pillow I do not wish I discovered existed. Thankfully they threw shorts on the canonical 10-year-old.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Assuming you haven't already passed it, could you send a pic to see if I could help?

Switch screenshot transferring is a tad cumbersome, so I've never done it. It's a painfully easy magnet-moving of a block, with a switch to reset the block's location. How I'm supposed to get access to the gated-off southern portion of the room is eluding me.

I haven't given it another try yet, I must be missing something basic. It's not that deep in the dungeon. The answer feels like "move the block while you're standing atop it". -Except I have no means of reaching the magnets at the higher elevation.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Early Pokemon weirdness? Has to be Gen 1, given Miltank was Gen 2.

Yep, it's from a Kanto episode.

On that subject, I find it a little shame that the original plans for the anime never came into fruition. Would've been cool to see that movie that would've had legit Earth dinosaurs showing up.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

difndf.thumb.PNG.c452b2ad985c2b270eeec9b72306595e.PNG

This is only the beginning, and soon I too will have a tier list worthy of people's anger and disagreement.

ah, I remember the days when this was all I could claim to have played from FE

good times

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

This is only the beginning, and soon I too will have a tier list worthy of people's anger and disagreement.

I await for the day your list becomes the very definition of rage inducing.

Oh my god. Oh, wow… wow…. wow…

That chapter was pure kino. The writing was phenomenal, the twists were incredible, the music was powerful and elevated all the scenes it needed to, and the voice acting… my god, the voice acting was insanely good, it carried so much emotion despite me not understanding a word of it. It was wonderfully done, I can’t think of any acting or voice acting performances that made me feel that much, wow, just… wow. And the end of the chapter cliffhanger… if only I didn’t have to sleep and school wasn’t a thing, then I could just keep playing this game.

Anyway, for specifics, for the (two?) other lab mems here (Ruben, this is probably the most important spoiler for you to not open so far, so please do to do it)

Spoiler

First of all, my prediction was right.

ysPipWG.jpg
So that was cool. I also successfully predicted Suzuha’s father, but I didn’t post the prediction because I was too busy marathoning the chapter. Curses, my internet brownie points!

At the end of the chapter, Okabe choosing to send the D-mail that would effectively undo the first one and let Suzuha complete her mission is actually a built in choice through the phone, not something that happens automatically. Which surprised me since, effectively, there’s only one choice to make here (feel free to laugh if I say this and just locked myself out of the golden ending): undoing the previous D-mail, which I did. If Okabe didn’t, everything would have gone the same: Moeka and company would have shown up and Mayuri would have died. Okabe either could have sent his memories back in time for the millionth time, even though he now knows the only thing he can do to save Mayuri is to undo the D-mail, or not do that and watch the apocalyptic future Suzuha tried to prevent become reality (including Mayuri’s death). So the plot is effectively stuck if you go that route, which is why I think that choice is probably one of the ones that branches off to an early ending. I left a save so I can go back and see how the game ends if you do that, once I get whatever ending it is I’m going to get. But even if I did think there was room for plot there, I still would have sent the D-mail because it’s the right thing to do. Sure, Suzuha’s fun days with the Future Gadget Lab are erased, and she doesn’t get to meet her dad, but in exchange Mayuri gets to live, Suzuha’s last year of life doesn’t necessarily have to be complete and utter suffering, and SERN doesn’t have to take over the world. This has to be the right choice. And then the chapter ended with the divergence meter going up! And I realized it was almost 11 PM and I needed to sleep before school, why does that cliffhanger have to be so good?

Speaking of Suzuha’s last year being total suffering, when I was talking about the voice acting being insanely good, I was talking about that scene, with the letter. That is easily the best performance I have ever seen in any video game, that completely blew my mind. It gets bonus points for being in Japanese, I didn’t know a word she was saying but you could feel the emotions and suffering emanating from her voice, it made the scene that much more powerful.

I can’t wait to play more of this game.

To sum it up for everyone not reading the spoilers: this game is kino.

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Hey, looks like you’re developing your tier list at the same time as me, and you have the game currently at the bottom of mine in S-tier. Maybe you’re destined to become my forum rival, thus making a tier list worthy of anger and disagreement.

Edited by Sooks

17 minutes ago, twilit of Christmas Past said:

ah, I remember the days when this was all I could claim to have played from FE

good times

The sad part is that I've been playing these games for almost 6 years and yet Awakening still is the only game I've experienced all of.

12 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

I await for the day your list becomes the very definition of rage inducing.

It will be a glorious day indeed.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hey, looks like you’re developing your tier list at the same time as me, and you have the game currently at the bottom of mine in S-tier. Maybe you’re destined to become my forum rival, thus making a tier list worthy of anger and disagreement.

It's up there by default since I don't feel comfortable ranking other games I've played but have not yet finished or experienced much of.

That being said Awakening is the only FE game I've played so far that has kept me coming back while I often lose motivation to keep playing the other games. I've started a Blazing Blade playthrough 4 separate times and had given up in each run.

I'm hoping to be better though. I want to experience all these games after all.

Edited by GuardianSing