Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly, I'm hoping that there'll be less damisels in distress, just, in general. Unfortunately, the fact that early on in the game Kaga already took the biggest badass in Vestaria and put her in a cell does not fill me with confidence. I am afraid it's more likely to be closer to Gaiden than Berwick Saga in the "Kaga stop being creepy" spectrum.

I might be forgetting something, but I think there are only really 2 instances of traditional damsel-in-distress stuff in the game. That one, and one other. Which is decent by Kaga's track record, I suppose.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, well. Here's hoping there's a cool gal in SSoS or two. Vestaria had a few mixed in with the damsels. Who's to say SSoS can't do it as well? It has a playable garbage bagman. That's already epic, surely they could do Sylvis 2 or something?

From the very rough old translations there're a few, I'd say. Accorte is really great, along with some newcomers. One of whom is so in the most "goddamnit Kaga" way possible. 

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

I heard Thunder Catria is good there. Atleast according to polls she's #1, and Spara liked her as well iirc

The thief from chapter 1, right? From what I saw of her, she had a few interesting things going for her.

...Let's be honest, though - more than anything, I cannot wait to put White Derrick and Garbage Bag in my team. Everyone else will be extra.

...yes lol

Awesome.

Just now, Spara said:

I might be forgetting something, but I think there are only really 2 instances of traditional damsel-in-distress stuff in the game. That one, and one other. Which is decent by Kaga's track record, I suppose.

Ah, so Berwick Saga levels. That is fine, I could get behind that.

Just now, Spara said:

From the very rough old translations there're a few, I'd say. Accorte is really great, along with some newcomers.

Hype.

Just now, Spara said:

One of whom is so in the most "goddamnit Kaga" way possible. 

Oh, boy...

Oh, boy...

Wait, didn't you get up through the first 6ish chapters in JP before stopping? She joins pretty early so I don't think I'd be spoiling anything by saying who she is. 

Spoiler

But just for safety's sake, it's Bennett. Laurec's wife, who is... 27 years younger than him. Thanks, Kaga.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

no, the thunder mage, Accorte xD

Ohh yeah. I was confused because the thief's nickname was thunder something, if I recall correctly.

Well, I sure am glad she's great. In game 1 she was super forgettable, her only character trait was "Zade-kuuuuuuuuuuuun~". Looking forward to seeing what she looks like in this one, with a proper translation and all.

Just now, Spara said:

Wait, didn't you get up through the first 6ish chapters in JP before stopping? She joins pretty early so I don't think I'd be spoiling anything by saying who she is. 

Yeah, I got up to the point where Zade got Kaga'd.

Just now, Spara said:
  Hide contents

But just for safety's sake, it's Bennett. Laurec's wife, who is... 27 years younger than him. Thanks, Kaga.

Ohhhhh

Yeah, that's the one. Hahahahah, yeah, truly a Kaga moment if I ever saw one.

Loool I remember in my first run I botched up the math and was wondering why everyone found it so egregious. Then I did the math again.

...I look forward to playing with Beardman again. Didn't get to see nearly enough of him.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

In game 1 she was super forgettable, her only character trait was "Zade-kuuuuuuuuuuuun~".

hence why i called her Thunder Catria

1 minute ago, Spara said:
Spoiler

ah yes, that

reminded me of a certain FE5 character ending that had me go wtf

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

hence why i called her Thunder Catria

Hey, don't blame me. To be completely honest, I often forget Catria exists. The whitewings are already nowhere near my favorites, Minerva towering far above them in my character ranking, and among them Catria is my least favorite. Doesn't help that she's often touted as a great unit in FE12, so I've just skipped her for years.

ah yes, that

reminded me of a certain FE5 character ending that had me go wtf

Do I dare ask you to remind me?

...Ohhh, wait, it's Miranda, isn't it. You know, her getting with Conomore is nothing more than a common misconception. Miranda's ending states she remains in Ulster and marries a knight, while Conomor resigns and moves to the outskirts with no mention of a spouse.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Miranda's ending states she remains in Ulster and marries a knight, while Conomor moves to the outskirts and makes no mention of a spouse.

...is that something from the new tl or is that your headcanon?

Because i am pretty sure Conomor x Miranda was very heavily hinted at the ending, if not outright stated

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ohhhhh

Yeah, that's the one. Hahahahah, yeah, truly a Kaga moment if I ever saw one.

Loool I remember in my first run I botched up the math and was wondering why everyone found it so egregious. Then I did the math again.

...I look forward to playing with Beardman again. Didn't get to see nearly enough of him.

Yeah, they're interesting. Plus, Dancer Armor Lord is chef's kiss

...is that something from the new tl or is that your headcanon?

Because i am pretty sure Conomor x Miranda was very heavily hinted at the ending, if not outright stated

Old translation had the exact same wording. Miranda waits for Leif in Ulster, meets a knight, marries him. Conomor retires from knighthood, moves to the outskirts and lives a quiet life with no mention of a wife.

I just checked, Serenes still has the old script. Here you go.

Miranda – The Stouthearted Princess

While waiting for Leaf in Alster, Miranda fell in love with a certain knight and disappeared. Despite her short temper, it is said that she lived happily as a wife and as a mother.

Conomore – A Knight of Alster

Conomore quit being a knight and retired to a small village on the outskirts of Alster, where he quietly lived the rest of his days.

Their endings in the new translation are almost identical, just with better-looking wording.

Conomor, Knight of Ulster

Conomor resigned his post as a knight. Afterward, he moved into a modest home on the outskirts of Ulster, where he lived out his days in peace and quiet.

Miranda, Willful Princess

While waiting in Ulster for Leif's answer, Miranda fell hopelessly in love with another knight. While still possessed of a short temper and prone to misunderstandings, she leads a happy life as a wife and mother.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

Yeah, they're interesting. Plus, Dancer Armor Lord is chef's kiss

What I did see of him was great. I look forward to this translation. I'm so happy we have a Steam page. No concrete date, but this is officially happening now!

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

i guess that she disappeared along with him retiring and me knowing Kaga made me think that? xD

To be fair, I can't really blame you. This pairing wouldn't be too out of place in the world of Kaga. Kaga is fucking mad, after all. But I'm inclined to believe it wasn't the intent here... Or, at the very least, the people around Kaga made it not the intent. Inb4 he left IntSys because of this

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

''Senpai didn't notice me, let's hook up with a random knight'' Ü

I mean, at least it's not Astrea's ending in Sun God's Wrath.

Spoiler

Senpai was one of the 27 traitors in the story, let's hook up with a random person

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Sheesh 'tis a slow year in the dev studios but best case scenario we're stuffed by 2022.

Tis' the calm before the storm as they say. In any case it helps slower folks like myself to catch up with some games before they bombard us with new ones.

Oh hey, just a few days ago someone released a mod for Order of Ecclesia recoloring Albus. Now both protags are recolored to look great instead of weird.

Anyway, completely random tidbit aside, I've built a little arena in hell and I've been trying to kill red devils in hopes of getting a fire feather. For no better reason than the fire wings look rad.

13 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Pokemon Showdown? Whats that? Xd

13 hours too late, but it's a site that simulates competitive Pokemon battles.

34 minutes ago, Dayni said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I thought it was later.

As in overnight here.

Well, at least here at PST looks like it will be until 4:30PM.

Here's the anticipation for truly there being a Chrono Cross Remake/Remaster.

uwF1Dua.png
VmMXQsa.png

The protag of Chaos;Head, everyone. 

And that's tame compared to how he acts there.

Now you know why even i can't stand him or his VN.

He makes Daru look like a prude

20 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

13 hours too late, but it's a site that simulates competitive Pokemon battles.

I'd be up for some random battles sometimes, since i don't have any modern teams nor do i think i can recoves my old teams from somewhere.

Edited by Father Shrimpas