Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Your right, its just an unreachable dream at this point

And you know what's worse? Even if they get good at writing again (lol) i just don't like the direction the series took

Sky and Crossbell were both more on Sci-fi and Politics, while Erebonia completely shifted it to the supernatural, and Kuro seems to continue the trend.

Just another fantasy jrpg.

What made me love FC and dig into the series more was the 

Spoiler

coup plot

not some fantasy hogwash that even FE does better

Edited by Shrimpresident

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

38 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Also, Why do I keep thinking he's a she?

I guess I can see it, at a glance.

38 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Sky and Crossbell were both more on Sci-fi and Politics, while Erebonia completely shifted it to the supernatural, and Kuro seems to continue the trend.

Just another fantasy jrpg

I will agree with this to an extent. I don't mind my fantasy JRPGs but sci-fi is like my favorite genre and sci-fi JRPGs are a rare breed. Like that's part of the reason why Xeno is my favorite series ever. Notice how 9 out of the 10 games in my top 10 games of all time are sci-fi, JRPG or no.

Trails wasn't as sci-fi as Xeno obviously, it didn't lean that far. But it was generally like that until Erebonia went supernatural. Like even the mechs aren't sci-fi in this series.

Edited by Armagon

2 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

And you know what's worse? Even if they get good at writing again (lol) i just don't like the direction the series took

Direction? What direction? Xd

Jokes aside: I agree 100%. Alot of CS's scenarios just felt added in just to add to the game imo (this is much more prominent in 3 and 4, mind you) rather than add to any depth Sky already established. (For example: Olivier and Vanders door in 3rd focues on the fact that osborne is a tyrant ruler), where does this go in CS? I dont remember any scenes where he is overly agressive in nature to where this fits in at all.

Edited by lightcosmo

Pretty much spent all day since waking up alternating between Civ BE and letting my laptop charge.

Drat, just when the Al Falah-Primordial run was getting very fun, despite a third war by the Kavithan Protectorate in the foreshadowing, the African Union built the Beacon. And there went the match, there's no almost way my soldiers could possibly destroy AU in time.

Rather than roll another map with more or less the same settings, which I will eventually do b/c it seemed so good, I've decided to attempt Emancipation instead on a frigid archipelago map with Chungsu, to try the first of the two spy-oriented sponsors. The AI was strange here, but not in the same way. The American Reclamation Corporation managed to eradicate two of the other AIs, and has so far stolen one and two cities from the other two, who are managing to endure. Luckily ARC -appropriately the other spy-oriented colonizer- is friendly to me. So I've been largely able to neglect my military, barring a brief incursion by the Slavic Federation which some ARC ships in the vicinity just so happened to help out with. No signs of ARC attempting a victory yet, but its willingness to give me the faster covert operations trade agreement means my nine soon to be ten spies are steal heaping amounts of energy and a dash of science- I've chosen to prolong the game by not actually using Steal Science. My second city has over 100 production, and is now churning out Wonders and buildings with ease. Victory is almost certainly assured in the long run, as long ARC doesn't turn on me, but even then I've enough cities and energy reserves to hold on and instantly create an armada needed to fight back.

Slow and boring game is addictively fun for me.😄

3 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

I hate snow shoveling

For you perhaps. For someone who has a relatively low sense of self-worth and rarely engages in strenuous labor, it is rather enjoyable actually.

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I prefer trudging through the snow to make a path. Makes me feel like a daring snow explorer.

I take it you don't have dogs that don't care whatsoever for the snow then. I have to clear the backyard, at least somewhat, else they have nowhere to take a dump.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Finished Banner Saga 2

Full thoughts later, but I can easily say that 1>2

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For you perhaps. For someone who has a relatively low sense of self-worth and rarely engages in strenuous labor, it is rather enjoyable actually.

I was talking about the game, I've never seen snow in my entire life

Over here it only snows at the nearby mountains. Years ago during these days we'd travel to the coast to see the grey whales as they migrate. Sometimes it'd happen after snowfall so we'd see the snow while en route.

Although, it did snowed on the city itself once... in 1932.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I don't mind my fantasy JRPGs but sci-fi is like my favorite genre and sci-fi JRPGs are a rare breed. Like that's part of the reason why Xeno is my favorite series ever.

I don't mind fantasy JRPGs either, but what's Xenoblade to you used to be Trails to me. Would you be ok with Xeno going full supernatural and ignoring sci-fi? Wouldn't you be pissed off? Majorily pissed off even if you find it to be extremely badly written?

Yeah Xeno leans much more Sci-fi than Trails ever did, but point still stands. Trails used to be political as well.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Direction? What direction? Xd

Jokes aside: I agree 100%. Alot of CS's scenarios just felt added in just to add to the game imo (this is much more prominent in 3 and 4, mind you) rather than add to any depth Sky already established. (For example: Olivier and Vanders door in 3rd focues on the fact that osborne is a tyrant ruler), where does this go in CS? I dont remember any scenes where he is overly agressive in nature to where this fits in at all.

Sky 3rd: A man with ambitions willing to do anything, bloodbaths included implied, to reach his Goals. Olivier wanted to stop him as he didn't agree with the methods. The clash excited the players for what's to come.

CS: Olivier wanted to stop him with the power of school. The war in CS2 was the most peaceful war in the history of wars, real life and fiction included, and then there's the whole curse bullshit ruining everything, even Sky's backstory. Anankos was done better. Nobles were more often then not cartoonishly evil, and killing Traitors/Terrorists in a war is something not just Tyrants do lol.

It's not only us that complain, i went and checked jp reviews a couple years back, and there were alot of "What happened to Osbro vs. Olivier?" All top reviews were pretty much negative.

Edited by Shrimpresident

Day 2 of the Pokemon Musselocke to defeat Reuben:

Spoiler

2qsJVOC.png

After a brief sanity loss,

zVLAJEV.png7J4yf9A.pngDCMSeJI.png

Julizan sweeps the first gym quickly enough that it's not really worth showing anything other than shaking down the leader.

hDVJ20x.png

Along the way, Steve Jobs has a harrowing confrontation with himself. He begins to lose faith in the Teehee...

3Qd0XFF.pngFWBiLT4.png

After a very brief character arc, he has overcome those dark ten seconds and evolved to be free!

wra5ec7.png0ZtFG5Q.png

On Route 3, we catch a Nidoran, the newest member to join the small band of knights of Teehee. I name it Armagon, because Nidoqueen vaguely resembles Godzilla.

H4mttKg.png

In Mt. Moon, Mark Zuckerberg joins the rapidly-growing squad. However, I go after a random chap in the cave, and...

65cdcl6.pngIcyWk4I.png

Mark Zucc rapidly perishes to the Angry Video Game Nerd's Magnetite, who we were really unprepared for.

dEILeDL.png

Interdimensional Observer can do very little to the flying circle,

IU08N7Y.png

And Video Brinquedo folds underneath AVGN's crushing influence. No more bad knock-off disney movies for us...

kCGpPMf.png

This leaves us in quite the situation.  Julizan probably gets one-shot by Thundershock, so Armagon, you'd best come up clutch.

9s05Nbs.pngm4DBD8k.pnggymofsg.png

Fortunately for us, Armagon is a very tanky lad, and temporarily saves the remaining Teehee Knights.

LPAYT1p.png

He is rewarded with funny number experience.

5uREKUM.pngofhtloK.png

The Voltorb scares me by charging several times, but rapidly perishes upon asking "Who the hell is Steve Jobs?"

...I then realize I lost two team members to a random chap in a cave and begin to question whether embarking on this quest was wise.

TD9FXTH.pngZtkotib.png29HlMEv.png

While adventuring through the caves, we do a little grinding and pop down to the PC to leave our fallen members there.

XXWHP8c.png

Press F to pay respects.

qOdQoIb.png

Harem manga in hand, Reuben arrives to slay Teehee in a surprise attack!

qBStywR.png

Uh...

Oh dear.

KTTCqnK.png

The founder of Teehee themself comes out to defeat the opposition!

klnLDTH.pngHZFQjue.pngoWWSr8X.pngFHnqn3w.png

Reuben goes down with a surprising lack of resistance after that. Perhaps vestiges of Ruben are retained within Reuben's shell, and he is fighting against Reuben's beardless machinations.

Jn37Shh.png2fRlivN.png7sdYxVT.png

We then pick up a Sandshrew from Route 4. I name it after GuardianSing, because Sandshrew's spikes look a little like Gangrel's hair.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

TOMMY WISEAU HAS A GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Wiseau gaming

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Great, Word is suffering from slowdown...

What are you working on for that to happen?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

It continues....

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Benice said:

wra5ec7.png0ZtFG5Q.png

On Route 3, we catch a Nidoran, the newest member to join the small band of knights of Teehee. I name it Armagon, because Nidoqueen vaguely resembles Godzilla.

Well, if it comes close to matching even Zilla that should be devastating.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

65cdcl6.pngIcyWk4I.png

Mark Zucc rapidly perishes to the Angry Video Game Nerd's Magnetite, who we were really unprepared for.

He Zucced.

As pretty much all Zubat do, Golbat can be actually difficult.

And that's even without Crobat because it can't evolve into it in FRLG until postgame.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

IU08N7Y.png

And Video Brinquedo folds underneath AVGN's crushing influence. No more bad knock-off disney movies for us...

And all before it could kill Reuben's Raticate....

1 hour ago, Benice said:

kCGpPMf.png

This leaves us in quite the situation.  Julizan probably gets one-shot by Thundershock, so Armagon, you'd best come up clutch.

Yeah, your party is kinda stuck with Steel.

Armagon not knowing Double Kick yet also not helping.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Fortunately for us, Armagon is a very tanky lad, and temporarily saves the remaining Teehee Knights.

LPAYT1p.png

He is rewarded with funny number experience.

Guess it worked out there.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

ofhtloK.png

The Voltorb scares me by charging several times, but rapidly perishes upon asking "Who the hell is Steve Jobs?"

I'm betting this didn't have Spark.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

XXWHP8c.png

Press F to pay respects.

F

1 hour ago, Benice said:

qBStywR.png

Uh...

Oh dear.

Yeah, this fight is a little ready to ambush you.

But Underlevelled Pidgeotto is the biggest surprise, as seen by his unevolved starter. And he didn't even kill one of yours.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So you mean you've never read one... or have at least read something even if not finished it?

I think I may've read a couple things at one point, perhaps? But it was a long time ago and I never finished it.

8 hours ago, Lorneus said:

Hahaha, very fitting XD On my part, I thought it had some interesting moments, but I didn't find it laughably bad either. Except for JASON.

SHAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

8 hours ago, Lorneus said:

... I have a tendency to erase cringe anime moments from my mind when they're not too prominent, so probably not that much as I don't remember any, but I would not be surprised there are some. Giving you details would be... quite spoilery in general, I'd say, but... I could draw some parallels to Omori, while it's very very different. It's an anime, though I think there is a live action one as well, that I haven't heard bad of. Then again, I don't really hear anything about live actions typically XD There is one questionable aspect I remember, but it's kind of explainable as well and interestingly introduced. It's not too long and effectively poignant. Among my favorite animes. 

8 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Fuck Rugga

Yes, you are playing Banner Saga.

7 hours ago, Lorneus said:

So, I wanted to do some Banner Saga for fun.

I just learned the very hard way that chain lightning can hit your allies.

Hahahahah... I learned that the hard way in the first game and proceeded not to use the ability again until the third game.

Then I noticed the interface displays who's going to get hit by lightning before you use it.

4 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Finished Banner Saga 2

Full thoughts later, but I can easily say that 1>2

Fair enough.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

OH MY GOD

@Saint Rubenio

https://www.youtube.com/c/thetommywishow/featured

TOMMY WISEAU HAS A GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

I apologize if you already knew this, but I felt it was worth a ping anyways.

Ah yeah, I've seen it before. He tries a little too hard, but it's still enjoyable just because of his Wiseau charm.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

qOdQoIb.png

Harem manga in hand, Reuben arrives to slay Teehee in a surprise attack!

With harem manga? If anything, Teehee will be all over that, the filthy weaboos.

On 1/8/2022 at 9:43 PM, GuardianSing said:

Are you guys suggested beginner Pokemon games? Because that's something I'd like to know as well

The only ones I wouldn't really suggest to start with are Gold/Silver/Crystal/HeartGold/SoulSilver (despite being some of the best games in the series they are setup as a sequel to the Kanto games), Black2/White2 (as they are setup as a sequel to Black/White), Diamond/Pearl (Platinum fixed so many things about those games that there is no reason to ever play them over Platinum...)

On 1/8/2022 at 9:14 PM, Benice said:

Hm, I kinda wanna do a Pokemon Nuzlocke.

The only problem is that I am bad, and I'll thusly run out of Teehee thread members to use really quickly.

OH, this will be fun...I am excited. Although I guess I am playing catch up.

On 1/8/2022 at 9:46 PM, Benice said:

CLBl6Od.pngZgyvqTe.png

Reuben has escaped from Ruben's mind and is terrorizing the world! Only a true knight of Teehee like Musse can stop Reuben.

The diabolical machinations of beardless Ruben...

3BStwWs.png

Alongside Captain Julizan, the First Knight of Teehee,

Good choice, my extensive Gen 1 knowledge makes me think you pick the second best option (Bulbasaur is objectively the best option there...) but I am less certain of that designation in the Gen 3 version.

FjgJG3K.pnghZ6y939.png

Reuben falls for the first time! Unfortunately for us, he can't fall here and must make his retreat.

It feels strange to see Ruben pick such a quality pokemon as his starter. He should have picked Charmander...

On 1/8/2022 at 10:00 PM, Benice said:

KRUlJ9N.png

I named it after our dear Interdimensional Observer, because birds can fly and...Observe things, I guess?

Oof, I guess IO will get some use early on, but really not a great mon

On 1/8/2022 at 10:11 PM, Benice said:

KaTKm9S.pngrGSeSAC.png

Upon catching a Ratatouille in Route 2 and Steve Jobs from Viridian Forest, I realize that it is prudent to reserve Teehee thread users for pokemon who aren't cannon fodder.

What about your route 22 encounter? Also I think you are underestimating both of these mons a fair bit here, as both tends to be a great mon in nuzlockes.

Butterfree is one of your big outs for Brock if you picked Charmander like some kinda fool (or Arceus forbid something happened to your starter) thanks to confusion, and gets early status moves in the powders, which can really save you at times, although it does eventually fall off. Its kinda a Jeigan like mon thanks to the early evolution promotion. Rattata on the other hand is amazing if it has the guts ability, as you can use a wild pokemon to poison it before major battles (and potions to get its health back up), to get that free 50% power boost to sweep through threats (plus Hyper Fang is a really powerful attack for how early Rattata gets it).

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Julizan sweeps the first gym quickly enough that it's not really worth showing anything other than shaking down the leader.

Nicely done!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

FWBiLT4.png

After a very brief character arc, he has overcome those dark ten seconds and evolved to be free!

Now its time to see Steve Jobs shine.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

0ZtFG5Q.png

Now that is a great mon. You should find a moon stone in Mt. Moon, so you can then just grind her up and early promoter her to a Nidoqueen at like level 16 for amazing stats for that point in the game, and she doesn't fall off all that much either. She even learns some nice moves after evolving unlike most stone evolutions.

H4mttKg.png

In Mt. Moon, Mark Zuckerberg joins the rapidly-growing squad. However, I go after a random chap in the cave, and...

Alas this is one of Zubat's worst games. In other games it is a great mon in Nuzlockes as you have access to the power of Crobat, which you can get rather early at level 23 with some friendship grinding, but in this game (and the original gen 1 games), you ares stuck with the significantly worse Golbat, which makes it mostly useless.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

65cdcl6.pngIcyWk4I.png

Not a huge loss, and don't feel too bad, that steel typing that got added is hard to deal with...

IU08N7Y.png

Oof, now things are looking a little dicey. Although looking at the levels of your dead mons I think you might want to grind up a little. Its an unfortunate aspect of Nuzlockes, but grinding up is a major aspect of surviving Nuzlockes.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

kCGpPMf.png

Kinda an easy choice, as Armagon is your best option by far.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

TD9FXTH.pngZtkotib.png29HlMEv.png

While adventuring through the caves, we do a little grinding and pop down to the PC to leave our fallen members there.

At least you partially learned that lesson (although you really should get that Nidoran another 2 levels for the Nidoqueen).

1 hour ago, Benice said:

...I then realize I lost two team members to a random chap in a cave and begin to question whether embarking on this quest was wise.

Not a major concern as Voltorb barely learns electric moves. Also as long as you learned a valuable lesson (that you need to grind up a little more), its not all that big of a deal to loss a few early game mons.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

qBStywR.png

Uh...

Oh dear.

KTTCqnK.png

The founder of Teehee themself comes out to defeat the opposition!

...Just grind the tiniest bit more. One more level and you have a Nidoqueen that could really stomp on that fight.

Also who did you use the Mega Punch and Mega Kick move tutors that are just past Mt. Moon on?

klnLDTH.pngHZFQjue.pngoWWSr8X.pngFHnqn3w.png

Reuben goes down with a surprising lack of resistance after that. Perhaps vestiges of Ruben are retained within Reuben's shell, and he is fighting against Reuben's beardless machinations.

Look at that, you thought Butterfree was fodder, and he just powered through Ruben's ace for you no problem.

Jn37Shh.png2fRlivN.png7sdYxVT.png

We then pick up a Sandshrew from Route 4. I name it after GuardianSing, because Sandshrew's spikes look a little like Gangrel's hair.

At least you get the dig TM really soon so its possible for your Sandshrew to actually have a ground type move....

21 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It feels strange to see Ruben pick such a quality pokemon as his starter. He should have picked Charmander...

It's Reuben, of course he'd know to pick the supereffective starter.

21 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oof, I guess IO will get some use early on, but really not a great mon

As someone who played the FR postgame as a Pidgeot solo, you take that back!

22 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

What about your route 22 encounter? Also I think you are underestimating both of these mons a fair bit here, as both tends to be a great mon in nuzlockes.

How did I miss that?

Getting Spearow there would have still been good as Fearow's a quick to get and strong option for the next while (Outside Surge of course)

https://images2.imgbox.com/6b/ba/eoNXAIKy_o.png

All right, this time I was able to take a screenshot. I almost missed it all over again lol, this line is too good.

35 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The diabolical machinations of beardless Ruben...

Beardless, and tasteless. Reuben is scum.

35 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

How dare you compare me to Reuben. We're nothing alike.

Also the last time I played Pokemon I picked Bulbasaur, so... Yeah. Turns out green supersedes bad.

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It's Reuben, of course he'd know to pick the supereffective starter.

Bastard. I'll bet he's not even responsible for the deaths of countless foes, often on the enemy side.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Hide contents

3Qd0XFF.pngFWBiLT4.png

XXWHP8c.png

Press F to pay respects.

Now that you've liberated Steve Jobs, I hope he'll bring you the munnies.

Lol, Steve Jobs won't abide being forgotten.

F

Good series so far, I'm excited to see it go on 😃

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm not sure what to make of it as a response to my previous message, but that is hilarious XD 

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahahah... I learned that the hard way in the first game and proceeded not to use the ability again until the third game.

Lol, well, seeing as he was already level 5 and I didn't see any progression left, I just benched him after he nearly destroyed my entire party AND we stayed back to save his ass. Though I'm still using Oddleif like crazy even though she's level 5, and

Spoiler

Ekkil

is doing quite the amount of legwork, too. Sadly I like leveling units too much and my band kinda has shortened rations because of it... I can say there's a trails of corpses left behind us at this point.