• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

He's going to kill Chaos.

Well, Faye's got him beat.

11 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

If you really wanted to take a stretch, you could say that King Arthur was like the superhero of the dark ages.

The name Harold might've fit that role and more however since it is a Norse name which is a culture largely associated with vikings, which was an occupation mythologized like action heroes in Norse countries at the time, and they most likely wielded axes, like Arthur does in his base class.

My question remains, then. Why, Treehouse?

11 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I'm guessing they changed the name from Marx to Xander because traditionally, Marx is more of a last name.

Xander also sounds a lot less... politically charged and a lot more fictional crown prince-like.

10 hours ago, Benice said:

>The play is about teenager drama

>Set during the Grande Noirceur and is apparently bleak

>Negative reviews on Goodreads, many of which stating that nothing happens

>Even the french reviews almost all say 2.5/5

Oh no.

God have mercy on your soul.

...You know, I bring up God a lot for an atheist, I realize. Maybe I'm Tsundere about religion too?

10 hours ago, Benice said:

Then again, perhaps I shouldn't judge, given that there are a lot of reviews like this one:

MW59FF6.png

Wonderful.

No more words needed. This person made their thoughts clear in one, concise letter. You see, in saying "I", this person has proven they are a real human bean.

8 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Alright boys, we droppin'.

I have contributed.

Hopefully in an acceptable manner.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Someone else just make sure to respond and then I will, don’t want a repeat of the last attempt at starting a new one.

I've already sent the story off the rails.

Have fun with my mess.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

Though, Rough, Through, cough, drought, bought...

Man, I'm so glad I never had to learn English as a second language, it'd be a nightmare.

Hahaha, that's kinda true, never thought about it with those pronunciations. I guess it just came more naturally to me or something.

It's a french immersion program, so in addition to a more advanced French class, you also have to take Math, Careers or Social Studies in French, or you don't graduate as officially bilingual.

Which is a tad unfortunate, because with the way the scheduling worked, I now have to take Careers at 7:15 in the morning twice a week starting February.

Yeesh. Too early. Though it's an interesting secondary language immersion program. Our program for English immersion basically had us get 8 English classes on a 9 day basis with advanced English, replacing mostly History classes, and trips to English speaking towns here and there (we got one in HS year 2, 3 and 4)

LMAO

I guess it makes sense that it prioritizes the verb over a cannister, but still, that's so funny.

Yeah, that time was pretty ridiculous XD That was the moment I was convinced to tell other people not to try to translate their texts through Google translate XP

Dang, you're really next-level with languages, huh?

Nah. I was pretty good with languages when I was younger, true, but I think they just hired someone who seemed to have an okay accent and know decently enough to provide the subject matter they'd give to sixth graders. She wasn't extremely bad, but I could see the other teachers were more fluent. It was a bit sad that I was able to correct her back then though. Thankfully it was the only year where it had happened, otherwise, I may not have gone further into English. 

I think there's another one, right? CC or something? I guess we'll cover that one in grade 12.

Hmm... well, doing some research, I've seen there's a "complément d'objet second" but we never learnt it. At the same time, it's profoundly useless, it's simply a way to designate a cluster of words. It complements a complement, basically, but its nature isn't dictated by the previous complement, it just floats about on its own.

Logically speaking, I don't think so. I don't imagine many French Canadians who are monolingual* would come all the way west to BC, and I don't think many Europeans are monolingual. I don't know for certain since I've not been employed before the pandemic: I work at a grocery store and I've met a couple of non-English speakers, but I don't know what language it was either of them spoke.

*I also don't know how much English is taught to y'all over there, but a couple of French-Canadian chaps have come in, and all of them are fairly fluid in English

I do use French at that store because there's a regular customer who was a linguistics professor and he speaks to me in French every time, but in practicality, it's more for if I ever want a Federal job or to go to Quebec or Europe. Or parts of Africa, I suppose.

It really helps that so much media is English primary and all that. You can still get around in Quebec with only French, but not if you're in Montreal or something like that. Or well, it's harder to get by there without English, let's say. Considering that Cegep has both classes the level of an infant and classes which teaches you about like 200 idioms where 93% is a bad grade (I'm pretty sure we learned other stuff, but that's the one thing that really stuck with me, lol) I'd say it just depends on the person XD I think most people would be able to do at least basic stuff, but a lot would have a very thick accent with a billion hs spread at the start of words (I never understood why). Francisms and grammar mistakes would also abound. Though I also have a friend about 25 yo who knows barely any English despite the curriculum, and what I told you about was from people in my English immersion class. But I think consuming media in English is frequent enough that a lot of people would simply get better over time.

Haha, that's pretty nice with the linguistics professor. At least you have one person with whom you can sometimes practice XD And yeah, it certainly has its uses, but it's more difficult to encounter, and thus harder to really immerse yourself in it. I was lucky enough to be a video game baby and have to play tons of games in English so it improved my English reading ability exponentially.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Xander also sounds a lot less... politically charged and a lot more fictional crown prince-like.

Xander sounds a bit less prince and a bit more Princeton.

55 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I have contributed.

https://c.tenor.com/6YTUmBkrPhkAAAAM/im-doing-my-part-soldier.gif

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And to speak of KOS-MOS for just one moment. I did like that when it came to catching her up on what's happened, Aschen transmitted all the information to her as opposed to the usual spiel. I'm not saying one can forget they're androids, but it was a neat android-y move. One of the benefits of being a robot, near-instantaneous reception and digestion of large quantities of new information.

It was neat tho I do kinda have an issue with how much we gotta cut to "and so the party told the newcomer everything that's happened so far, including this, this and that". Like just cut to black and have the next scene having the newcomer be like "I see", that would be better imo.

Just a nitpick tho.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ratio

1642166650621.jpg

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My question remains, then. Why, Treehouse?

Tbf, PoR/RD changed a ton of names, too. (I.E Wayu was changed to Mia, Kevin was changed to Kieran, etc) So it's not strange to see them change names just cause.

Edited by lightcosmo

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

I like how they poke fun at the fact that MOMO is like the most modestly dressed girl in the game.

I get the feeling that MOMO is too wholesome for this game. Protect her!

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This was the Mastermind, right?

No, it is revealed in the twentieth game that she's really the human incarnation of Trails's deity, Aidios. The mastermind turns out to be Estelle herself.

Not that there's any official source for this, but I'm pretty sure he's named after Alexander the Great.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Does it count as "still a better love story than Twilight" if it's official R63 of it?

They're essentially two different stories, so yeah.

I have contributed.

I've already sent the story off the rails.

Have fun with my mess.

Aliens...

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Ratio

1642166650621.jpg

Oh, this thing... Deltarune, right? I'm afraid I lost track of the series after Undertale.

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Tbf, PoR/RD changed a ton of names, too. (I.E Wayu was changed to Mia, Kevin was changed to Kieran, etc) So it's not strange to see them change names just cause.

To be fair, Wayu would've looked weird in English. Not sure about Kevin, but I guess Kieran is more unique. I'm just wondering why they changed Harold to a name that was already in use.

5 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Aliens...

You don't like it? Well too bad. Shoulda contributed first before I could.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

It was neat tho I do kinda have an issue with how much we gotta cut to "and so the party told the newcomer everything that's happened so far, including this, this and that". Like just cut to black and have the next scene having the newcomer be like "I see", that would be better imo.

Just a nitpick tho.

I getcha. I see how how they were trying to cut down on the amount of repetitive dialogue, I've a game still in my memory where they didn't do something like this and it resulted in greater narrative sluggishness. Though you're right that maybe they didn't have to spell it out loud that they told character Y everything that happened, it wouldn't take a whole lot of interference to understand that.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, this thing... Deltarune, right? I'm afraid I lost track of the series after Undertale.

No, Kirby. Marx from Kirby Super Star, who happens to be the final boss of its final mode and later the final boss of its arena and its remake's true arena.

Ah yes. Hector mode chapter 15, also known as Completely Pointless Filler Map. I still have no idea why this map exists.

...Well, with the boss recruitment mod, it does have one point of interest - Sealen, a nomad with availability, unlike Rath. Unfortunate that I'm probably not going to pick him up, because he's in Bernard's group.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's Marx from Kirby Super Star.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No, Kirby. Marx from Kirby Super Star, who happens to be the final boss of its final mode and later the final boss of its arena and its remake's true arena.

Goes to show how familiar with Kirby I am lol

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You don't like it? Well too bad. Shoulda contributed first before I could.

I'm sorry that I need to sleep.

Oh hey, that's interesting. The scene at the start of chapter 16 changed. Instead of Kent and Sain, it was Kent and Eagler that went out scouting. That's neat, incorporating these characters into the story a little bit. The way they rejoin is a bit wonky, though. Unlike everyone else, they keep their Lyn mode items, and then they're given more items on top of that. I guess I could've used that to smuggle the knight crest out of Lyn mode if I'd known.

Also, Carjiga joined Laus. No no no, mate. I worked hard to get you. I'm not letting you go that easily. Get back in our team, right now.

20 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

I'm sorry that I need to sleep.

Timezones are a bitch, ain't they.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

World of Light wasn't particularly memorable.

Also the boss of Classic Mode for Kirby, Rosalina and Inkling.

Also appears for Sephiroth. But his case is different since he fights all the bosses.

Edited by BrightBow

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No more words needed. This person made their thoughts clear in one, concise letter. You see, in saying "I", this person has proven they are a real human bean.

Veritably.

I think that I'll have little more to say on the book than this person, given its subject matter.

3 hours ago, Lorneus said:

Our program for English immersion basically had us get 8 English classes on a 9 day basis with advanced English, replacing mostly History classes, and trips to English speaking towns here and there (we got one in HS year 2, 3 and 4)

Yeesh, that's a lot of English.

Yeah, that time was pretty ridiculous XD That was the moment I was convinced to tell other people not to try to translate their texts through Google translate XP

I gave up on it when I learned of the DECEARING EGG glitch. I think it's been patched now, though.

It was a bit sad that I was able to correct her back then though.

Oof...

It really helps that so much media is English primary and all that. You can still get around in Quebec with only French, but not if you're in Montreal or something like that.

Yeah, that makes sense.

I was lucky enough to be a video game baby and have to play tons of games in English so it improved my English reading ability exponentially.

Nice.

I tried playing video games in French instead of English for a while, but since it was Dark souls 3, I didn't read any of the item descriptions anyways.

I should actually try playing a Yakuza game with a french translation, since they're rather text heavy.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Not that there's any official source for this, but I'm pretty sure he's named after Alexander the Great.

If he's named after Alexander the Great, does that make him Xander the Substandard, since he's missing half of Alex's name?

'Morning!

19 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Oh yeah, it was pretty neat.

There you go, another contribution.

...Maybe I'm getting a bit carried away. I just noticed both you and Dayni only wrote a paragraph, while I wrote two last time and three now. You didn't set any limits, but perhaps I should tone it down a notch... Eh, we'll see.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Maybe I'm getting a bit carried away. I just noticed both you and Dayni only wrote a paragraph, while I wrote two last time and three now. You didn't set any limits, but perhaps I should tone it down a notch... Eh, we'll see.

I wrote it so short because I admittedly didn't have much to add with the action. I thought a bit simply, don't take that as a limit to force on yourself.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I didn't mind the length much, so long as the content was interesting. I feel like it was.

It's like my college professors used to say: "I don't grade for length, I grade for content". I'm not that wasn't just a smokescreen for a heavy curve, though.