• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Julizan said:

I just saw that the gacha made Leanne become a prostitute.

She should be removed from the Forest for this now.

The gacha does not only rob the human's money, but also makes actual pretty characters dirty for no reason - disgusting. 

Wait, what?

Some of the BS talk made me ask a question "How much time was spent on it? How much for the others?", so I took a look at the Japanese release dates (as there's little that'll be changed outside localisation, which will be mainly text until the 3DS titles).

Spoiler
SdatBoL 20/04/90  
Gai 14/03/92 694
MotE 21/01/94 678
Genea 14/05/96 844
T776 01/09/99 1205
BB 29/03/02 940
BS 25/03/03 361
SS 07/10/04 562
PoR 20/04/05 195
RD 22/02/07 673
SD 07/08/08 532
NMotE 15/07/10 707
Awake 19/04/12 644
Fates 25/06/15 1162
SoV 20/04/17 665
3H 26/07/19 827

Naturally this is impacted by the fact that the entire studio didn't work on a title (It's definitely true of PoR, a subsection was working on SS), we don't know how groups in the studio work internally, IS has a fair amount of support work to physical products too and of course not all the time spent was on just that titles as a result.

Fates being so long makes sense, Thracia probably is because of FE64 as there wasn't much released by the studio in that time (Tetris Attack and Super Famicom Wars), BB is the title made in the aftermath of FE64's cancellation and Kaga leaving so it's length also makes sense, and the shortest cycle..... Was BS. The only one developed and released in (just) under a year. Man, BS really was made in a rush.

Oh, and for those wondering it's been 907 days since 3H's release, making a hypothetical next title one of the longest to make as well.

Edited by Dayni

5 hours ago, Julizan said:

I just saw that the gacha made Leanne become a prostitute

lol what? The whole theming of that banner is fantasy desert kingdom. That's no where near the same level as "prostitute design".

Well, that was a surprisingly loaded drama CD. Did they really have Rean’s first time going home since leaving and him telling everyone his “backstory” happen offscreen? Interesting…

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, that was a surprisingly loaded drama CD. Did they really have Rean’s first time going home since leaving and him telling everyone his “backstory” happen offscreen? Interesting…

Falcom when they make the game too long.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Naturally this is impacted by the fact that the entire studio didn't work on a title (It's definitely true of PoR, a subsection was working on SS)

For PoR's development time, I think it would be better to start counting from FE7. Since I get the impression that internally, PoR began before SS, as SS was unexpected and employed freelancers. That would give us 562 + 195 = 757 days for PoR.

Genealogy's might confirm the "entire game rebuilt two or three times" implied development hell bit one article on the game's creation stated. It's not that much longer then the Gaiden and Old Mystery gaps, but it is longer.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

and the shortest cycle..... Was BS. The only one developed and released in (just) under a year. Man, BS really was made in a rush.

Maybe to capitalize on Melee hype while it still was in the air b/c they intended to release the game aboard? Sharing plenty of assets with FE6 helped FE7's development you could say.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Fates being so long makes sense,

It is three-ish titles in one, with (failed) ambitious presentation and loads of classes. And, now the franchise had to take into consideration its instant popularity during the development cycle. We also had a clash of the traditionalists and modernists within IS, albeit one where the traditionalists ended up as numerous as living Vallites, the late addition of children might've added a few weeks.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Oh, and for those wondering it's been 907 days since 3H's release, making a hypothetical next title one of the longest to make as well.

I can't see it being as long as Thracia's. As Fates... maybe? At least some of the wait is going to because of pandemic, as it's been with so many games.

Thanks for this analysis!😃

Two years ago today, the Smash and FE fanbases received a blessing...

Byleth_Joins_Smash_House.png

Too many swordsmen, are there?

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

There’s only one way to find out!

Assuming you don’t just Google it or I completely forget that it was a spoiler at one point because I’m that far into the series and carelessly post it. Sorry Renne.

Thanks, though if I was spoiled here it would have been my own fault for asking.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

it's really annoying every time you beat an Ouroborous member and they're like "you may have defeated me but that was part of the plan which means i actually won"

We don't even get know what the fuck these plans are

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

It was all Sony's fault

PlayStation-Vita-1101-FL.png

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Don't sully my good morning with more talk of Rean! 

fceN7Rx.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Too many swordsmen, are there?

Glorious meltdown. I hope Robin and Byleth receives an Echo Fighter from FE too, so we'll have 10 FE representatives!

4 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

We don't even get know what the fuck these plans are

That's another thing, we're like 11 games in now and we still don't know what the fuck they actually want. They just drop vague riddles that don't mean shit and then leave.

Like when I first beat Sky SC, I thought their plan was 

Spoiler

Gather all the Sept-Terrions, given that's what happened at the end of SC. But the Sept-Terrion of light is the only one they actually have, the rest have slipped past their fingers but they still act like "oh yeah it's all good, our plan is still proceeding as scheduled".

8 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

was all Sony's fault

Eh, Falcom didn't have to develop for the Vita first.

What actually is Sony's fault is that we'll never get a Gravity Rush 3.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

They did the Vita so dirty. Such a great console killed off by poor decisions on Sony's part smdh.

I remember when I thought the Vita was better for than the 3DS and I wanted to get it.

But then the 3DS had this neat little thing called games.

The baby dredge is important...

https://i.imgur.com/TjjcTOS.jpg

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Eh, Falcom didn't have to develop for the Vita first.

The majority of Falcom's audience were mobile gamers. CS 1 and 2 were the best selling games in the franchise thanks to the mobile market, and there was a massive drop when CS 3 was released only on PS4.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No, this is not a fanslation.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Implying that the Vita doesn't.

The problem with the Vita is that a good chunk of the "must play" games are ports.

Edited by Awakened_06_

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This must be what that chest meant when it said someone out there is asking Rixia to show bobs. It's all coming together...

It's another reason I have to wait until the official localization releases to play Zero. I must know if the bob chest is canon.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's another thing, we're like 11 games in now and we still don't know what the fuck they actually want. They just drop vague riddles that don't mean shit and then leave.

As someone who is playing Sky SC, I would assume their plan is "collect the Sept-Terrions and take over the world" or something. Hopefully we'll find out when the final Trails game releases ten years from now.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Don't sully my good morning with more talk of Rean! 

saaaaaaaaaaaameeeeee!

He automatically ruins my mood

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

As someone who is playing Sky SC, I would assume their plan is "collect the Sept-Terrions and take over the world" or something. Hopefully we'll find out when the final Trails game releases ten years from now.

ten decades you mean

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Crow is literally one of the best written CS cast.

Dont underestimate his wit.

Oh? This is very unexpected from a loyal disciple of Shrimpy.

10 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Like I said, Banner Saga 3 did some dumb things for the sake of C H O I C E.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh? This is very unexpected from a loyal disciple of Shrimpy

I think of Crow as an utter piece of shit, but i can get why people would like him

Unlike Mr. Worse than Corn

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

JALIrnQ.jpg

Crow is one of us.

17 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

The problem with the Vita is that a good chunk of the "must play" games are ports.

Yeah it's really just really obscure stuff that remains Vita exclusive. 

19 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Wait a minute, those things reproduce? I just thought they were like, magic golems, I didn't realize they were alive.