• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

37 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Like I said, Banner Saga 3 did some dumb things for the sake of C H O I C E.

Good thing I choose the save baby

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait a minute, those things reproduce? I just thought they were like, magic golems, I didn't realize they were alive.

Yeah, they're living beings running from the same as you

2 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Good thing I choose the save baby

I did too.

I then chose to leave it behind in the city.

Spoiler

RIP Rook.

2 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Yeah, they're living beings running from the same as you

Armagon didn’t even get far enough to know that they were running from something.

In retrospect it seems obvious that Laurentius was meant to be first encountered in Blighttown. Probably trapped in a web by Quelaag or something.
Considering he refers to a "her" that was going to eat him alive. And if he can tell the gender of the Gaping Dragon, color me impressed.

He is all about mastering pyromancy and finding new pyromancy and learning the history of pyromancy and whatnot... and that's what Blighttown is all about. As is the Quelaag family. Obviously he would go there.

Not like this would be the only time where dialog no longer matches because stuff was moved around after the recording. Like how the skeleton blacksmith refers to an "ember from New Londo" that's actually found in the Demon Ruins. That's the problem with relying on voice acting.

Edited by BrightBow

Just now, Sooks said:

I then chose to leave it behind in the city.

Spoiler

In my case it's RIP Oddleif, lol

I think I'll just reset, can't leave my man Rook alone in this world.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Armagon didn’t even get far enough to know that they were running from something.

Nor he will, so I think spoilers are okay.

Now this is quite nifty of a stage.

I remember one special event in Star Trek Online had something similar, including it being three loops. Except EVERYONE present remembered... the Enterprise-J's Captain's reactions were so funny. lol

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Congratulations to @Benice for being the first person in the world to like the Grandia 3 story. 

I mean, depends on how bad. I can accept bad, but if it's edgy... Nah.

'Morning!

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For PoR's development time, I think it would be better to start counting from FE7. Since I get the impression that internally, PoR began before SS, as SS was unexpected and employed freelancers. That would give us 562 + 195 = 757 days for PoR.

Yeah, I didn't want to be making estimates on that but I knewSS was made by a subsection during PoR's development cycle. (In Europe SS and PoR came out the same day)

One flaw in my table is that there could have been conceptual work being done while another game is coming up to release/soon before then, 3H is similar in that and we know how complicated that got with delays and the more direct involvement of Koei Tecmo. It's helpful with other information, but obviously limited as a metic.

Maybe to capitalize on Melee hype while it still was in the air b/c they intended to release the game aboard? Sharing plenty of assets with FE6 helped FE7's development you could say.

This is something that's apparent in how they responded to Roy being popular, though it's funny that they made a prequel rather than a sequel in that case..... unless you're localising from the off and don't want to alienate too much, which would make sense if BS was always going to be localised. Remember, Melee came out in 2001, which would have meant Roy would have been seen there a good bit before BB came out.

Even with the asset sharing with BB, BS still seems quicker than SS. More may have been involved, but the palettes differ between BB and BS so those may have added to time as well.

I can't see it being as long as Thracia's. As Fates... maybe? At least some of the wait is going to because of pandemic, as it's been with so many games.

I suspect it'll be this year at least, fair amount of rumour mill spinning now going on.

(If the length of time explains a Genealogy + Thracia remake, I will laugh at the entire fanbase for calling it)

Thanks for this analysis!😃

I did want to see further discussion personally, I know I'm missing info here that would explain a fair bit.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Two years ago today, the Smash and FE fanbases received a blessing...

Byleth_Joins_Smash_House.png

Too many swordsmen, are there?

Another avatar

I'm kinda with the Smash fans on this one, personally Pokemon trainer but 3H would have been my preference but I see why they didn't.

19 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

My real issue is how long it takes to fall in the hole.

Shit that's nasty.

Fun trivia: Both SS and PoR are FE8 in their internal data. FE9 does not exist.

Both their developments started around the same time in 2003, but PoR was announced in April 2004 and SS in June of the same year.

I personally never understood the hate for sword characters in Smash, the fist fighters in the game outnumber all the sword fighters 10 to 1.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Another avatar

I'm kinda with the Smash fans on this one, personally Pokemon trainer but 3H would have been my preference but I see why they didn't.

The main issue I see is that they mostly go for the main characters from each game, when it's the main characters who often have the most bland and basic fighting style.

But hey, I was probably one of the four people who was excited for Corrin in Smash despite never having even played a Fire Emblem game at the time.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

My real issue is how long it takes to fall in the hole.

Shit that's nasty.

If they were truly faithful we would instantly fall.

Shit, I can't believe they messed up the best generation

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I remember one special event in Star Trek Online had something similar, including it being three loops. Except EVERYONE present remembered... the Enterprise-J's Captain's reactions were so funny. lol

Lelouch and Quattro Vajeena interacting, huh? I'll probably check out this one after J.

I have returned from the mountain.

It was pretty manageable this time. The big uphills were at the beginning, and once I got up there it was smooth sailing till the end.

14 hours ago, Sooks said:

Oh and @Saint Rubenio, remember how you thought Trails bad? Well.

l4fyoi1.jpg
L22rC2f.jpg
ZUPjvR5.jpg

I rest my case.

Garon... in Trails!?

Best game in the franchise.

13 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

Oh No

Ruben will become a Rean apologist

Rean best protag because he's the protag of the game with Garon in it.

11 hours ago, Lorneus said:

Omg... the 15% mov growth armor knight... is called Chrysler. He's the giraffe's car in flashing armor.

You know, I never got the joke. Turns out Chrysler is a car dealership. Goes to show how little I know about cars, more than anything.

Sadly, my thieving people had way too little movement or survivability to go steal the master seal from what's his face before he skedaddles.

Dario is part of one of my favorite little things in SGW, the recurring bosses. Folks like Dario, Lynch and Dartanion, for a couple of examples, can be killed in their earlier appearances and they die for good, and the story changes slightly to reflect this. You could've killed him before he left and he wouldn't have returned later on. It's a nifty little thing.

(and mr. Car. Hey, you think he's Carjiga's daddy @Saint Rubenio?).

lolololol

Speaking of Carjiga, he's eaten the bench super hard. I love him and his name, but he stinks to high heaven, and I don't have nearly enough deployment slots to shoehorn him in because FE7 is a great game.

This skill is so ridiculously busted

Half the reason Lex is the best unit in the game. He's absolutely absurd, but hey, an archer (one who never leaves bowlock, too) being the best unit in the game is not something you see every day, so I'm willing to accept it.

10 hours ago, Julizan said:

I just saw that the gacha made Leanne become a prostitute.

She should be removed from the Forest for this now.

Hey, don't blame Leanne for being disgraced in IntSys's money cow spin off. It's not her fault, the poor girl.

10 hours ago, Julizan said:

The gacha does not only rob the human's money, but also makes actual pretty characters dirty for no reason - disgusting. 

Heroes is the worst, yes. It is best to pretend it does not exist.

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

Some of the BS talk made me ask a question "How much time was spent on it? How much for the others?", so I took a look at the Japanese release dates (as there's little that'll be changed outside localisation, which will be mainly text until the 3DS titles).

Reveal hidden contents
SdatBoL 20/04/90  
Gai 14/03/92 694
MotE 21/01/94 678
Genea 14/05/96 844
T776 01/09/99 1205
BB 29/03/02 940
BS 25/03/03 361
SS 07/10/04 562
PoR 20/04/05 195
RD 22/02/07 673
SD 07/08/08 532
NMotE 15/07/10 707
Awake 19/04/12 644
Fates 25/06/15 1162
SoV 20/04/17 665
3H 26/07/19 827

Naturally this is impacted by the fact that the entire studio didn't work on a title (It's definitely true of PoR, a subsection was working on SS), we don't know how groups in the studio work internally, IS has a fair amount of support work to physical products too and of course not all the time spent was on just that titles as a result.

Fates being so long makes sense, Thracia probably is because of FE64 as there wasn't much released by the studio in that time (Tetris Attack and Super Famicom Wars), BB is the title made in the aftermath of FE64's cancellation and Kaga leaving so it's length also makes sense, and the shortest cycle..... Was BS. The only one developed and released in (just) under a year. Man, BS really was made in a rush.

Oh, and for those wondering it's been 907 days since 3H's release, making a hypothetical next title one of the longest to make as well.

Ohhh, so that's why BS feels so rough. They hardly spent any time making it. FE6 of course feels rougher in some areas, but that's probably due to being the first GBA and the first non-Kaga FE. They were re-learning the craft, so to speak.

Ah yes, this thing that I didn't care about whatsoever. I guess it could be described as a blessing, by some metric.

I mean, not to sound like the average Smash hater, but I definitely think the selection could've used some variety, seeing how half of the characters were JRPG protagonists and an antagonist. I'm not saying they were the same, but I can see how they'd feel the same for someone who isn't really into JRPGs. Y'know, like me.

But well, what do I know, I thought Steve was the best DLC character. Not to mention I haven't played Smash since before there even were DLC lol. Not much you can do without online, and after my previous experience I refuse to waste another cent on that awful service.

1 hour ago, Awakened_06_ said:

The baby dredge is important...

https://i.imgur.com/TjjcTOS.jpg

Hoho...

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Like I said, Banner Saga 3 did some dumb things for the sake of C H O I C E.

Wait, what? I thought it was a pretty solid moment, myself. There were a couple of dumb things in 3 (Bellower comes to mind), but this wasn't one of them, I don't think.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Wait a minute, those things reproduce? I just thought they were like, magic golems, I didn't realize they were alive.

Later on you learn a lot of things about the dredge and their true nature.

23 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:
  Hide contents

In my case it's RIP Oddleif, lol

I think I'll just reset, can't leave my man Rook alone in this world.

Coward.

...Nah, do whatever you want.

Spoiler

As for me, I left the baby's survival up to vote and the caravan chose to leave it behind. So Rook bit the dust.

I must say, I absolutely adore that you can get both protagonists killed and Oddleif has to step up and be the lead for the Arberrang caravan for the rest of the story. It's a really bold move that you don't see so often. Protagonists 99% of the time either don't die or die at the very end.

5 minutes ago, fates is based said:

Hey @BrightBow out of curiosity have you tried Dark Souls 3 yet.

Unrelated, but your nickname is so true.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I have returned from the mountain.

It was pretty manageable this time. The big uphills were at the beginning, and once I got up there it was smooth sailing till the end.

So what did the Rainbow Sage said? Was your Yato powered up?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So what did the Rainbow Sage said? Was your Yato powered up?

I didn't non-lethally kill enough Hoshidans for it to power up, unfortunately. Bastard didn't even have the decency to warp me back down, I had to walk again. I hope he kills himself to save someone else from killing him.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

9 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Lelouch and Quattro Vajeena interacting, huh? I'll probably check out this one after J.

It's going to be quite the jump, heh. Both games play so differently. The core mechanics are still the same, but 30 naturally has so much more going on to it. Not to mention, it has the unique quirk of being the first SRW with an actual World Map mechanic (though the dynamic scenario order mechanic was first dabbled on with the Compact trilogy and MX).

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Garon... in Trails!?

Best game in the franchise.

He even has the “Gahaha!”, which felt like too good of a coincidence. Maybe Garon Fates is actually a reference to Garon Cold Steel.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, what? I thought it was a pretty solid moment, myself. There were a couple of dumb things in 3 (Bellower comes to mind), but this wasn't one of them, I don't think.

I don’t think it’s good for the story that this protagonist’s arc you’ve been invested in for an entire game (this more so applies to Rook, but it sort of applies to Alette as well) can just randomly, unceremoniously die without much in the way of a conclusion. It feels like the entire reason that exists is just to surprise the player.

11 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

If they were truly faithful we would instantly fall.

Shit, I can't believe they messed up the best generation

I just find it nasty because it's slow.

12 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

But hey, I was probably one of the four people who was excited for Corrin in Smash despite never having even played a Fire Emblem game at the time.

Trying Corrin for a bit in Ultimate I didn't really click with it, but I do like the integration of dragon Corrin.

Admittedly maybe with a bit more time I could get used to it though.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Fun trivia: Both SS and PoR are FE8 in their internal data. FE9 does not exist.

Yet another reason to not use the numbers.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ohhh, so that's why BS feels so rough. They hardly spent any time making it. FE6 of course feels rougher in some areas, but that's probably due to being the first GBA and the first non-Kaga FE. They were re-learning the craft, so to speak.

There's some truth to it, but I don't know how much so really.

BB's ~900 days has a fair amount of fallout relating to Kaga, more games that were worked on before and during it and having to restart after scrapping FE64. BS on the other hand could be said to be at a brisk pace working off the BB engine but making changes and the game they did probably left little breathing room.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unrelated, but your nickname is so true.

You would not have said this a year ago.

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

The main issue I see is that they mostly go for the main characters from each game, when it's the main characters who often have the most bland and basic fighting style.

I mean, they could've gone with Hector, Ephraim, Celica or Micaiah for some variety. Corrin and Robin, I think are good choices, but adding both Chrom and Lucina I'm not so sure. I can definitely understand Marth and Roy as they're both kind of the face of the franchise in Japan from what I understand. Ike does have a bulkier, stronger kind of gameplay so I think he's quite fine where he is. Byleth has the various weapons for some stuff and he's not the most uninspired either. I just have a bias against Byleth so I find him uninteresting, but I can still understand he's not exactly a bad choice.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, I never got the joke. Turns out Chrysler is a car dealership. Goes to show how little I know about cars, more than anything.

Haha, well I don't know if Chrysler is common in Spain either. It's one of the most common over here (a lot of dealerships being labeled Chrysler Jeep Dodge, which makes me think He wants to keep all of his Chryslers and give out the Dodges to everyone cause he can't hit for shit compared to other axe users. And I don't have a joke for Jeeps.)

Dario is part of one of my favorite little things in SGW, the recurring bosses. Folks like Dario, Lynch and Dartanion, for a couple of examples, can be killed in their earlier appearances and they die for good, and the story changes slightly to reflect this. You could've killed him before he left and he wouldn't have returned later on. It's a nifty little thing.

Oooh, interesting! But yeah, he was surrounded with a million overpowered people and my flier was hanging for dear life on a mountain for like 90% of the battle so I didn't have many opportunities to get to him in time XD Due to my poor strategies, granted.

lolololol

Speaking of Carjiga, he's eaten the bench super hard. I love him and his name, but he stinks to high heaven, and I don't have nearly enough deployment slots to shoehorn him in because FE7 is a great game.

Oh noes! Poor Carjiga leaked so much the stench was too much to have him near the other units, eh? Well, at least you still have Eagler!

Half the reason Lex is the best unit in the game. He's absolutely absurd, but hey, an archer (one who never leaves bowlock, too) being the best unit in the game is not something you see every day, so I'm willing to accept it.

I should've gone with full Relina support. They're ridiculously insane together even without supports, I can't imagine with them. Though I would've missed on Condor support and Dayni's profile pic. But yeah, I like when you get good archers! It's fun when they can do something else than just wait for fliers to get close to them and shoot them down XD

16 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Yet another reason to not use the numbers.

On that subject, neither does FE13. New Mystery is FE12, but then Awakening jumps to FE14.

This is because FE13 was the cancelled second Wii game.