Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Trying Corrin for a bit in Ultimate I didn't really click with it, but I do like the integration of dragon Corrin.

Admittedly maybe with a bit more time I could get used to it though..

They actually remain as one of my best characters to play in Smash. Playing Conquest for the first time, it was really cool to see these moves I recognized from Smash.

Corrin may be a largely empty avatar but it was Corrin that ultimately pushed me to try out Fire Emblem, so for that I love 'em.

6 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

I mean, they could've gone with Hector, Ephraim, Celica or Micaiah for some variety. Corrin and Robin, I think are good choices, but adding both Chrom and Lucina I'm not so sure. I can definitely understand Marth and Roy as they're both kind of the face of the franchise in Japan from what I understand. Ike does have a bulkier, stronger kind of gameplay so I think he's quite fine where he is. Byleth has the various weapons for some stuff and he's not the most uninspired either. I just have a bias against Byleth so I find him uninteresting, but I can still understand he's not exactly a bad choice.

In fairness, Chrom and Lucina are both echo fighters, and so they're more like bonuses to the roster rather than a waste of a slot. 

From what I've heard, Roy's Smash iteration is quite different from his original since he was added in Melee before his game was released.

I wonder if we'll ever get a more old FE character in Smash like the characters you mentioned, because the Smash team seems to just follow the new games when it comes to fighters.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I see you are a fellow Fates enthusiast by the way I lurk around a lot(trying to change that) on your tier list you rank POR last, I'm not a fan of POR I'm just curious why you dislike it so much 

Edit: I messed up the quoting sorry

Edited by fates is based
Made a mistake

36 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He even has the “Gahaha!”, which felt like too good of a coincidence. Maybe Garon Fates is actually a reference to Garon Cold Steel.+

Garon references are like seeds. And you know the rest.

I don’t think it’s good for the story that this protagonist’s arc you’ve been invested in for an entire game (this more so applies to Rook, but it sort of applies to Alette as well) can just randomly, unceremoniously die without much in the way of a conclusion. It feels like the entire reason that exists is just to surprise the player.

Well...

Spoiler

I don't think that's entirely fair. Rook and Alette don't have much growth left to do when you stop to think about it, and them dying is a super brutal and interesting moment that also allows Oddleif to get some time in the spotlight, which is all right because Oddleif's great too. Not to mention, them dying while trying to get humans and dredge to make peace is a fitting ending for the leader of a caravan that was already so diverse.

I don't know, it didn't feel like a shock value moment to me. But well, that's just my opinion.

31 minutes ago, Dayni said:

BS on the other hand could be said to be at a brisk pace working off the BB engine but making changes and the game they did probably left little breathing room.

Yeah, this is probably it. The aimless, clumsy mechanics like rain, the arbitrary map version requirements, augury, the super weird ranks... it all makes more sense if you consider them experiments by IntSys.

You would not have said this a year ago.

If you'd told me a year ago that I'd be singing Fates's praises and going hiking regularly, I would've laughed at you.

28 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Haha, well I don't know if Chrysler is common in Spain either. It's one of the most common over here (a lot of dealerships being labeled Chrysler Jeep Dodge, which makes me think He wants to keep all of his Chryslers and give out the Dodges to everyone cause he can't hit for shit compared to other axe users. And I don't have a joke for Jeeps.)

There may be Chryslers in Spain, for all I know, but I don't think they're common at all.

Oooh, interesting! But yeah, he was surrounded with a million overpowered people and my flier was hanging for dear life on a mountain for like 90% of the battle so I didn't have many opportunities to get to him in time XD Due to my poor strategies, granted.

Yeah, that's all right. This mechanic only really matters on replays, anyway. In my first run most of these bosses lived well past their first appearances.

Oh noes! Poor Carjiga leaked so much the stench was too much to have him near the other units, eh? Well, at least you still have Eagler!

Not even, no. I really don't have the deployment slots for anything. I have to pick between Bernard and Eagler, and I'm afraid Eagler just isn't very good. I mean, heck, imagine my face when I managed to just about fit a team that I kinda liked for the Dread Isle chapter, and then I remembered Fiora only joins if fucking Florina speaks to her.

I won't lie, this is doing more to discourage me from playing this game than anything else. How can I have any fun if I can't fit any funny units in my team because the game gives me no frigging slots to work with? And this is one of the maps with the highest amount of slots, too...

I should've gone with full Relina support. They're ridiculously insane together even without supports, I can't imagine with them. Though I would've missed on Condor support and Dayni's profile pic.

Lex only goes with Condor, anything else is heresy.

But yeah, I like when you get good archers! It's fun when they can do something else than just wait for fliers to get close to them and shoot them down XD

Good archers is the hallmark of a great FE.

9 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

They actually remain as one of my best characters to play in Smash. Playing Conquest for the first time, it was really cool to see these moves I recognized from Smash.

Corrin may be a largely empty avatar but it was Corrin that ultimately pushed me to try out Fire Emblem, so for that I love 'em.

You know, if you turn back the clock a few years, you could say exactly this about Roy for a good few people.

7 minutes ago, fates is based said:

I see you are a fellow Fates enthusiast by the way I lurk around a lot

Best surprise of the last year. I wasn't expecting to love it nearly as much as I did.

(You didn't quote anyone, but by the description I imagine you're talking to me)

(trying to change that)

Feel welcome to! The more, the merrier.

on your tier list you rank POR last, I'm not a fan of POR I'm just curious why you dislike it so much

I get that question a lot, don't worry.

It's just that PoR is really boring. The mindless difficutly, the really slow game speed, the high enemy density, enemies that are tanky but have no offensive stats whatsoever, characters that are either busted from the get-go or become busted really easily, BEXP makes it even easier to build a completely overpowered army... All of this comes together to create the single most insufferable FE experience for me. No amount of plot can save a gameplay so abysmal. The story would need to be an Omori-tier masterpiece for that, and well... it just isn't. It's above average for FE, but not much more, I don't think.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Funny you mentioned him, because it reminded me of the Evil Ryu spirit that was just put out.

Beat it, then tried Corrin for a minute. I have no idea about their Side B, is it just a hop or what am I missing because Down B's Counter.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I get that question a lot, don't worry.

It's just that PoR is really boring. The mindless difficutly, the really slow game speed, the high enemy density, enemies that are tanky but have no offensive stats whatsoever, characters that are either busted from the get-go or become busted really easily, BEXP makes it even easier to build a completely overpowered army... All of this comes together to create the single most insufferable FE experience for me. No amount of plot can save a gameplay so abysmal. The story would need to be an Omori-tier masterpiece for that, and well... it just isn't. It's above average for FE, but not much more, I don't think.

I hope you don't play maniac mode I've seen playthroughs of it, and it looks like hell, especially Clash.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Funny you mentioned him, because it reminded me of the Evil Ryu spirit that was just put out.

Beat it, then tried Corrin for a minute. I have no idea about their Side B, is it just a hop or what am I missing because Down B's Counter.

Press B again mid hop.

...I think.

It's like second nature to me I this point, I don't even remember how you actually do it.

2 minutes ago, fates is based said:

I hope you don't play maniac mode I've seen playthroughs of it, and it looks like hell, especially Clash.

I briefly considered it for about two seconds. Then I saw what maniac mode is: Exactly the same "too much defense, not nearly enough offense" enemies, only the density is multiplied by a factor of ten.

I mean, it probably is at least a bit harder, but at the cost of each map taking ten hours, which is just... not really something I want to go through, haha.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On that subject, neither does FE13. New Mystery is FE12, but then Awakening jumps to FE14.

This is because FE13 was the cancelled second Wii game.

Ah yes, the Elusive game.

I wonder if there was gameplay ideas from that used later, but we won't know because why would that be released?

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Press B again mid hop.

...I think.

It's like second nature to me I this point, I don't even remember how you actually do it.

Looking it up, ah I am an idiot.

It's the iconic Corrin thing after all.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Ah yes, the Elusive game.

I wonder if there was gameplay ideas from that used later, but we won't know because why would that be released?

Well, SoV's switch to "on-map enemies" from "random encounters" could be said to have been taken from the cancelled game. Since SoV dungeons is how the game would've worked or so, but it being the entire game.

Another thing I've remembered I really disliked about 7 is that, if you don't buy iron axes and lances in Noble Lady of Caelin, you're fucked. There's no armories until the boat map, which only sells worthless steel lances and axes, and then no more until the return to Badon. This is particularly bad for Dart. He comes with a steel axe, and unless you have spare iron axes to give him, he'll be weighed down to an awful 3 speed for the next few chapters.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well...

Hide contents

I don't think that's entirely fair. Rook and Alette don't have much growth left to do when you stop to think about it, and them dying is a super brutal and interesting moment that also allows Oddleif to get some time in the spotlight, which is all right because Oddleif's great too. Not to mention, them dying while trying to get humans and dredge to make peace is a fitting ending for the leader of a caravan that was already so diverse.

I don't know, it didn't feel like a shock value moment to me. But well, that's just my opinion.

Spoiler

For Alette, yeah kind of, it does kind of undermines her whole becoming-a-strong-leader thing if she gets randomly javelined by one guy and dies right before the real crisis, but it’s not the biggest deal in the world. It still takes away a character you should have been invested in unceremoniously while adding nothing to that character or plot, in my opinion.

What Rook needs, more than anything imo, is just some emotional peace and comfort after Alette, but he doesn’t really get that after getting javelin’d. He is sort of kind of implied to have moved on, but he’s had to do so much for so long at this point that he’s never really had a break to just feel stuff. You could argue that he gets peace in the ending scene in the afterlife but “I was intensely grieving but it’s okay because I died like the person I lost” is not the greatest way to resolve this, imo. Now all of this is fine, in theory, I’m not trying to argue that because bad thing happened to a character I like story bad, but it adds nothing to the story and is entirely avoidable because C H O I C E, which killed my motivation to play the game since this story based game was punishing me for my choices with… a worse story. Yeah.

I mean, it’s not like Oddleif needs anymore time in the spotlight. She’s Oddleif.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I love mobile serenes.

Ah, fliers in the fog. My favorite. I should've died five times, but the RNG is on my side, so we get to make it to Uhai.

You know, while I still intend to get Ursula, Uhai is probably the best of the morph bosses to recruit. Just because he has availability and is a super solid nomad prepromote in a game where archers are shit and Rath barely exists.

...Though my Wil has grown rather amazingly. So I don't need him. Go home, Uhai. Get Serra'd!

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

For Alette, yeah kind of, it does kind of undermines her whole becoming-a-strong-leader thing if she gets randomly javelined by one guy and dies right before the real crisis, but it’s not the biggest deal in the world. It still takes away a character you should have been invested in unceremoniously while adding nothing to that character or plot, in my opinion.

What Rook needs, more than anything imo, is just some emotional peace and comfort after Alette, but he doesn’t really get that after getting javelin’d. He is sort of kind of implied to have moved on, but he’s had to do so much for so long at this point that he’s never really had a break to just feel stuff. You could argue that he gets peace in the ending scene in the afterlife but “I was intensely grieving but it’s okay because I died like the person I lost” is not the greatest way to resolve this, imo. Now all of this is fine, in theory, I’m not trying to argue that because bad thing happened to a character I like story bad, but it adds nothing to the story and is entirely avoidable because C H O I C E, which killed my motivation to play the game since this story based game was punishing me for my choices with… a worse story. Yeah.

I mean, it’s not like Oddleif needs anymore time in the spotlight. She’s Oddleif.

Yeah, fair points. I still like the moment, but you make fair points.

Spoiler

And yeah, while the final scene if both Rook and Alette are dead is cute... The implications are a bit messed up. "I died" isn't supposed to be a good ending, guys.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I love mobile serenes.

Don't we all.

8 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Steel weapons have amazing durability because you attack less and miss more often.

Bahahahahahahah.

Oh, that's too true.

https://images2.imgbox.com/18/7d/AvRBkH9h_o.png

You know, it's pretty sad that this unit works great against FE7 enemies. I mean, great level, but 9 speed should not be good at this stage.

...Also, 9 SLOTS IN THE NEXT MAP?! And I need Matthew to joink the silver card off of Aion? Get the fuck outta here, Hector Hard Mode.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just wait for that one chapter...

I remember a couple of that one chapters. Which one? The one where Hector has to fight an army alone with a couple bodyguards, or the one where Hector has to fight an army alone with a couple bodyguards?

Just now, Shrimpresident said:

Fates...

is it time i do another run?

I wanted 2022 to be a Fates-less year tho with how much i replayed that game last year lol

Shrimpy don't replay Fates challenge.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I remember a couple of that one chapters. Which one? The one where Hector has to fight an army alone with a couple bodyguards, or the one where Hector has to fight an army alone with a couple bodyguards?

Couple might still be too much...

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Couple might still be too much...

...Oh yeah, in that one chapter it's just Hector and a guy, isn't it.

Foo... You make it so hard to like you, FE7. But by the power of Carjiga, I shall!

8 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Fates...

I wanted 2022 to be a Fates-less year tho with how much i replayed that game last year lol

You could resume PxZ2.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

I am going for a Sooks% don't replay Fates challenge

So... spend the entire year replaying Fates?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Yes, always go for the Sooks%.

Says the man who hasn't always gone for the Sooks%

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

You better not quit before reaching best character Denning.

And his prf.

Yes, he has a prf.

I cannot wait.

...Though Wil has really been impressive so far. I'm so happy, FE7 with actually good archers.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Fates...

Go play SRW instead.