• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Nooo Ruben, I had this entire post for the RCYOA completely written and you posted just as I was writing the choices, how could you do this to me.

Which one were you going to pick?

Just now, Benice said:

Which one were you going to pick?

The mad scientist. I’ll you guess where I was gonna take that, it was definitely very unexpected from me.

Just now, Sooks said:

The mad scientist. I’ll you guess where I was gonna take that, it was definitely very unexpected from me.

HYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Nooo Ruben, I had this entire post for the RCYOA completely written and you posted just as I was writing the choices, how could you do this to me.

Yeah, that'll happen sometimes. Would you like me to let you respond?

4 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Yeah, that'll happen sometimes. Would you like me to let you respond?

No, I used up all my creative energy on the last post and nothing super clever and witty immediately jumps out to me from the new choices. You take it, I can always respond to another one.

Thank you though!

Oh. I just noticed why Teodor's growth rates are Karel tier.

He's fucking level 17 lolololololol

I mean, he's still going to be pretty amazing, his only bad stat is his speed and enemies are pathetic in this game. He's basically Pent with a bad staff rank and worse speed but nosferatu access and like 10 more chapters of availability. But this makes him... not gamebreaking, at least.

19 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

You know, for just a moment, I was considering replaying FE7. Thank you for reminding me why I shouldn't.

Ahahahahahahaha

Ahhh... I probably should've followed the same logic, but recruitable bosses mod sounded too fun.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I've been terrified of this happening to me since we started.

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I am so glad I was able to write Okarin out of the RCYOA in order to maintain my beard character and insert even more weirdness.

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

HYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

HOOOUOUUUUOOUUIN KYOOOOUUUMA!

7 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

yes, join the Steins;Cult and become a Lab member!

I can recommend that, Steins;Gate is pretty okay whenever it's not busy being predictable, having boring characters or pissing me the fuck off with that godawful shower scene switcheroo.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No, I used up all my creative energy on the last post and nothing super clever and witty immediately jumps out to me from the new choices. You take it, I can always respond to another one.

Thank you though!

You're welcome.

I have continued the chain.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've been terrified of this happening to me since we started.

I am so glad I was able to write Okarin out of the RCYOA in order to maintain my beard character and insert even more weirdness.

I've found you can generally repurpose stuff like that.

Who's O. Karen?

Oh, how nice. Due to the addition of Lyn's brigand brigade, a new ocean seal was added to the Teodor chapter in the hack. Cool, now I can continue to try to make something salvageable out of Carjiga.

2 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Who's O. Karen?

A character from popular anime and not-as-popular-as-the-anime VN Steins;Gate that everyone in this thread loves. Sooks was about to introduce him into the story when I heroically struck and prevented him from it by giving the protagonist an existential crisis, saving the thread from anime.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A character from popular anime and not-as-popular-as-the-anime VN Steins;Gate that everyone in this thread loves. Sooks was about to introduce him into the story when I heroically struck and prevented him from it by giving the protagonist an existential crisis, saving the thread from anime.

I have never seen Einstein Gate.

Good work, I guess?

Okay, next map... won't play it right now, but... Let's check out the slots.

12, but the three lords are forced. Which is okay, I'm using... two of them, and Hector is forced. So it's 9 slots, same as the Dread Isle after Eliwood and Lyn. Fair enough. Lowen got a ton of levels during the Kishuna frenzy (had to make him take Aion and both snipers), so he can sit this one out, and Matthew won't be needed thanks to Legault.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

PSA: Ruben is tsundere for anime.

Damnit, don't start already. It's not "let's make fun of Ruben" o'clock yet.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Saitina Rubenko

Ha!

I am made to laugh by your witticisms!

2 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I have never seen Einstein Gate.

Good work, I guess?

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A character from popular anime and not-as-popular-as-the-anime VN Steins;Gate that everyone in this thread loves.

That three people love.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sooks was about to introduce him into the story when I heroically struck and prevented him from it by giving the protagonist an existential crisis, saving the thread from anime.

Half of your posts there have been about tsunderes.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

That three people love.

Okay, fine. But it SHOULD be everyone.

Half of your posts there have been about tsunderes.

No, but that's just to emphasize one of our riveting protagonist's character traits, the fact that he's a filthy weaboo anime fan. He's unlikeable because of this.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Actually I've changed my mind. It's late, I just want to relax and unwind from the day of hiking, and in an ironic twist of fate, I just saw the size of the tower I have to climb in the next Vandal Hearts 2 map.

Yeeeaaaah, I'll just go and kill another army with Serra. She's been my "throw this at problem to solve problem" unit for the last three maps. Yes, even the one with the magic seal. She killed everyone outside the circle and one of the snipers for good measure.

This girl. She's determined to be the Genny equivalent of arrogant little shits in FE. She might just succeed. Although I always were fonder of her than the others. I think it's because she's way over the top. People like Clarine and Hilda act like bitches I might meet in real life, and they're really unlikeable as a result. Serra exaggerates, and she has the dynamic with Erk, so she's funny rather than annoying. I think. I don't know, watching her massacre enemies with faith might be clouding my judgment.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

I'm kinda with the Smash fans on this one, personally Pokemon trainer but 3H would have been my preference but I see why they didn't.

Byleth was the best realistic 3H character we could've gotten, obviously they weren't going to sell three characters for the price of one.

4 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I personally never understood the hate for sword characters in Smash, the fist fighters in the game outnumber all the sword fighters 10 to 1.

It has nothing to do with swords, Sephiroth being positively received proves that. Everyone would've loved Byleth if they weren't from Fire Emblem. Usually "too many swords" is just an excuse for "character I don't like". But thanks to the Smash fanbase, we now know that Pyra and Mythra are honorary Fire Emblem characters.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

One of those could've been Reimu. I still think Reimu would've been most interesting. It'd be an indie game acknowledgement without leaving the comfort of appealing to the Japanese fanbase. I don't even play Touhou, but at this point I think it's a big enough phenomenon that it would've been cool to see it get a bit of a nudge from the Big N.

I'd think that would be the last series you would care about. Does it not count as anime?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Out of all of them, I think Banjo is the one that really makes the "vicious, aged minority catering" obvious. Nobody cares about Banjo but nostalgic older folks nowadays... as proven by the fact that nobody cared about Banjo in Smash a week after his inclusion.

...Then Steve is in there because the higher ups forced Sakurai's hand. "Minecraft popular, DLC Steve kid moneys" was probably their logic. I'm glad for it, for once. He's a really unique character and let's be honest here; the meltdown was way more glorious than any of the others. As I recall Twitter literally went down for a little while the day of his announcement.

Actually every Fighters Pass character was decided by the higher ups, except Sora because not even those higher ups wanted to deal with Disney.