Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

However, the game is actually really unbalanced, so when you start unlocking better crafts, the ability to stack delay, chrono burst etc. all semblance of difficulty just falls apart.

I'm preeeetty sure i mentioned this somewhere...

1 hour ago, Shrimpresident said:

Will you join me and Cosmo, or will you become a Rean apologist? Or will you wait until CS3/4? We shall see:p

See the source image

1 hour ago, Shrimpresident said:

Also Cosmo and me are disliking it reasonably. The games are that bad. Even a professional reviewer called the Saga a mistake

Yeah, my complaints all tie in with acually enjoying oneself!

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Maybe he'll just take the middle road and dislike the game, y'know, reasonably.

How could you call what i said unreasonable?

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I really don't talk about it much in the years before those videos and of course haven't played it in full in yonks, so opinion's more malleable than I anticipated.

Well, all I can say is, I'm playing it now and it's not being very good. Not awful either, I'm starting to think it doesn't deserve to be down at the bottom of the barrel with friggin' PoR, but it's... not very engaging.

On the other hand, I do kinda appreciate that my incredibly slow units can still double things because FE7 enemies have no speed. It's nice.

Priorities prevent me from putting it back on the chopping block (though if BS gets it I suspect BB will too).

BB has been getting it forever lol. But I love it. It's such a beautiful, beautiful mess of a game.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Anyway some Kyouma

I hate that I got the biggest grin on my face when he did the HYU.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

How could you call what i said unreasonable?

I regret saying that, I won't lie. All the constant Cold Steel trashtalking is just starting to get a bit old, is all. I know, I know, very ironic that I'm the one saying this. I guess now I know how Acacia felt like back when I was at the height of my Three Houses hating...

11 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Don't misunderstand, i have alot of problems with alot of CS fans (not all), argued with them, hate them quite abit and do think they are a blight upon the fanbase. Getting called a hater for years after writing wall of texts -without any insults-, gifting games and introducing people to the series does that you. I even helped people with CS and prepared save files for all chapters and complete bonding events and sent them to those who needed it and yet even after i left the fanbase they kept stalking me. They are rabid, frecious and the worst type of people i've seen on the net. I've seen CS fans on pages i never visit talk about and insult me, and it only came to my attention thanks to some acquaintances. It was legit scary seeing people talk about me  with the only thing missing being them having my real name and address.

127871468223020110725-22047-v8rplm.png

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

On the other hand, I do kinda appreciate that my incredibly slow units can still double things because FE7 enemies have no speed. It's nice.

Marcus still being relevant in Chapter 32 despite having one Spd level up in my last playthrough says a ton.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

BB has been getting it forever lol. But I love it. It's such a beautiful, beautiful mess of a game.

Honestly, I think that's less the case for years now.

There's people who'll never be convinced, but there's a lot more on board then there were.

(Tangentially, thinking about the dev times, funny how two of the longest (BB and Thracia) have among the lowest sales)

Sooks atm

yV6rDLw.jpg

127871468223020110725-22047-v8rplm.png

Yeah it had me go

OIP.x-Co31vV2IdFbY5VdTOXfwAAAA?pid=ImgDe

except for real. Especially when i still saw them talking about me months after i left the fanbase and cut all contact, and iirc someone was even impersonating me.

Even in other fanbases i am active in i've had contact with some ''modern Trails fans'' that posted there just to hate on me (thankfully people there were quick to shut em up).

So yeah if you ask me if i hate them i absolutely do, and if you ask me if gatekeeping is needed it absolutely is.

There is a reason why i call it worse than the FE fanbase, and my first contact with FE fanabse was ''series is dead, don't bother getting into it''

Edited by Shrimpresident

I found a spell that requires forming a triangle with three units, and everyone in that triangle takes massive damage.

I spent far too long trying to fit the three bosses in that area, and then I killed half my army because I forgot they existed too.

Oof.

19 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Marcus still being relevant in Chapter 32 despite having one Spd level up in my last playthrough says a ton.

I mean hell, Eagler is still worse than base Marcus and he's still good. It's rather sad.

Honestly, I think that's less the case for years now.

There's people who'll never be convinced, but there's a lot more on board then there were.

This is true, but I don't think there has been such a dramatic shift as FE7 going from the game most people everyone said was the best FE, or one of at the very least least, to one that's so widely lambasted nowadays.

...Lambasted with good reason, this game is incredibly mediocre, but still. Pretty dramatic change in opinions there.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Sooks atm

yV6rDLw.jpg

If only. If only.

Alternatively, he can play Vandal Hearts 2 and get a bad ending so I can laugh at him again.

Yeah it had me go

OIP.x-Co31vV2IdFbY5VdTOXfwAAAA?pid=ImgDe

except for real. Especially when i still saw them talking about me months after i left the fanbase and cut all contact, and iirc someone was even impersonating me.

Even in other fanbases i am active in i've had contact with some ''modern Trails fans'' that posted there just to hate on me (thankfully people there were quick to shut em up).

So yeah if you ask me if i hate them i absolutely do, and if you ask me if gatekeeping is needed it absolutely is.

There is a reason why i call it worse than the FE fanbase, and my first contact with FE fanabse was ''series is dead, don't bother getting into it''

I didn't dodge a bullet, I dodged a cannonball. Clearly I must forget my faint temptation to try Trails 1 again and instead play Path of Radiance.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I regret saying that, I won't lie. All the constant Cold Steel trashtalking is just starting to get a bit old, is all. I know, I know, very ironic that I'm the one saying this. I guess now I know how Acacia felt like back when I was at the height of my Three Houses hating...

I mean, you do the same thing cept with anime, so how's it any different?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I didn't dodge a bullet, I dodged a cannonball.

I mean, aslong as you weren't planning on being active in the community (and i was very active), everything is ok.

But the fanbase? Has been in a state of perma civil wars since CS2, although many oldies left (including me) after the disaster that was CS5. Another exodus happened after Falcom's best composer left.

And from what i know from jp fanbase, it was the same over there. CS games were the most sold yes (thanks to newcomers) but all oldie reviews were pretty much hating on the saga, mirroring the western fanabse. 

You know something is wrong when even the company prez commented about the fanbase and how ''Oldies and Newcomers don't get along''

And the sale numbers of Kuro speak for themselves. Many decided after CS enough is enough.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

So you had to be earlier than me, as I didn't play one until 2012. And we all know what happened that year.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

So you had enough presence for these Trails fans to recognise you elsewhere and heckle elsewhere, while also having people mockingly use your words and talk shit internally.

https://en.meming.world/images/en/thumb/c/ca/Peace_Was_Never_an_Option.jpg/300px-Peace_Was_Never_an_Option.jpg

6 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

yV6rDLw.jpg

Conquest being Rean apologist feels wrong by how you talk about CS's gameplay

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is true, but I don't think there has been such a dramatic shift as FE7 going from the game most people everyone said was the best FE, or one of at the very least least, to one that's so widely lambasted nowadays.

...Lambasted with good reason, this game is incredibly mediocre, but still. Pretty dramatic change in opinions there.

I really never observed the shift huh.

I never watched the videos. 1, I'd have preferred to read it 2, The narrator choice was always going to make it a piece that seemed vindictive. He kind of walked back, but not all that much and the damage was dealt by then

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, back to Best Fire Emblem according to the entire FE fanbase for a ton of years before a Youtuber made a video trashing it and everyone collectively decided they now hated it.

I never did, and still don't.😛

Heck, I might've grown more of fond of it with the passing of time. For whatever creakiness it has, because I let someone "borrow" it, I lost access to First FE for years and didn't get to reexperience until the Wii U's Virtual Console. I wasn't suddenly revulsed by it one bit, it was still enjoyable without a hint of irony.

Not to say I don't recognize that like ourselves, the writing ain't perfect. I once made a list of all the missed opportunities where Nergal could've won everything. And it's too easy with too much enemy phasing, but difficulty ain't everything. -Says a Kirby and Musou fan.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Says who? All three of its lords have been generously alt'ed by Gatcha Emblem. But then, that game doesn't care about which games get hammered by the whiny elite or not.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So you had to be earlier than me, as I didn't play one until 2012. And we all know what happened that year

Ermm

I played FE 2016 or 2017 iirc xD

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

https://en.meming.world/images/en/thumb/c/ca/Peace_Was_Never_an_Option.jpg/300px-Peace_Was_Never_an_Option.jpg

Yup. It never was.

Or well, thankfully i am not active anymore and do evade most Trails posts outside the fanbase (just up/downvote and move on), and only really talk here about it atm because everyone has been playing Trails

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Conquest being Rean apologist feels wrong by how you talk about CS's gameplay

Lel

I mean, i made Rev Berwick, so.... XD

27 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I mean, you do the same thing cept with anime, so how's it any different?

I mean, sure, I'm not fond of the common modern anime tropes, but whenever I go "anime is bad and ugly and the worst thing in the world and it killed my parents", I'm never serious. It's all a big joke. Leaving aside whether it's funny or not, I really thought it was obvious I'm just fooling around there...

23 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So you had to be earlier than me, as I didn't play one until 2012. And we all know what happened that year.

The end of the world?

23 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I never watched the videos. 1, I'd have preferred to read it 2, The narrator choice was always going to make it a piece that seemed vindictive. He kind of walked back, but not all that much and the damage was dealt by then

I hear you on the "narrator choice." I already didn't think too highly of FE7 back then and even so I couldn't stomach those videos. They felt so... mean-spirited. I get it was all a reference, but when the reference makes you go "wow I hate this and I probably would hate the thing being referenced too"... Well, it's a pretty poor choice of reference, I would say.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I never did, and still don't.😛

Heck, I might've grown more of fond of it with the passing of time. For whatever creakiness it has, because I let someone "borrow" it, I lost access to First FE for years and didn't get to reexperience until the Wii U's Virtual Console. I wasn't suddenly revulsed by it one bit, it was still enjoyable without a hint of irony.

Not to say I don't recognize that like ourselves, the writing ain't perfect. I once made a list of all the missed opportunities where Nergal could've won everything. And it's too easy with too much enemy phasing, but difficulty ain't everything. -Says a Kirby and Musou fan.

Oh yeah, that's fine. FE7 is a chill FE, and I don't mean this in a bad way. Sometimes you just need some of that. I mean, I should know. Last time I played Conquest I bounced off hard. Not the "this game is now bad and I'm dropping it in the tier list" kind of bouncing off, but damn, I really don't feel like replaying it any time soon. Too intense.

Says who? All three of its lords have been generously alt'ed by Gatcha Emblem. But then, that game doesn't care about which games get hammered by the whiny elite or not.

Gacha Emblem is not a good metric when you consider Camilla remains one of its most popular characters.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, sure, I'm not fond of the common modern anime tropes, but whenever I go "anime is bad and ugly and the worst thing in the world and it killed my parents", I'm never serious. It's all a big joke. Leaving aside whether it's funny or not, I really thought it was obvious I'm just fooling around there...

With some of the argument's i've seen, sometimes that's difficult to believe.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

I played FE 2016 or 2017 iirc xD

What was that person on about?

This was the period when some people were in anger about Fates sure (I waited until mid 2017 to get mad), but it was a high seller and of course would follow up with the FEDirect, which indicated what the series was at for the next 3 years.

I do not know what they were thinking.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I once made a list of all the missed opportunities where Nergal could've won everything.

Did it hit high double digits?

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

get hammered by the whiny elite or not.

I want to use the whiny elite now.

Not on gamers, I have different targets.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The end of the world?

In a sense for Awakening haters

8 hours ago, Benice said:

and you're not really intended to just tap/roll dodge through everything.

And that fucks me up because that's how i roll.....heh.

Nah for real tho, parrying is not my thing. Deflecting blaster fire and giving it the Reverse Uno treatment is simple enough but i'd very much rather roll out of the way and counterattack than parry.

That being said, parrying is really satisfying to do in Metroid Dread, i do it a lot.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Only five enemies on the map, but they each get like five turns for every one of yours.

That doesn't seem fair.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And as for the text. Ya see, I can laugh with all my soul at the Endless Frontier stuff Armagon has been posting, but this jumps over the cliff into the "disgusting get this away from me!🤮" territory. It's also plain creepy in this case, unless the couple actually enjoys being exhibitionists.

The difference between a game that's "haha horny" and game that's actually just an eroge.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

They weren’t kidding when they said Cold Steel manages to make Mecha battles boring. Wow.

Play a game with actually good mecha battles

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Falcom screaming “play the next game!” at you

From what i've seen of Kuro, Falcom actually learned not to do this. Like it was the first game since Zero to have like, an actual ending and not a cliffhanger. Only took Falcom 11 years to do that again.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

They also cut out a whole mechanic, that being the whole elemental values for arts in quartz lines. Instead, arts now come from quartz directly. This was an absolutely horrible decision, quartz just feel so much more mindless as a result, and I don’t really know why they felt the need to remove a series staple.

Teehee free Cross Crusade go brrrr.

59 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All the constant Cold Steel trashtalking is just starting to get a bit old

You_get_used.png

46 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Sooks atm

yV6rDLw.jpg

Replace Berwick Saga with 13 Sentinels....

....yeah Sooks, if you want a game with good mecha, play 13 Sentinels. You don't have a Wii U.

29 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

And the sale numbers of Kuro speak for themselves. Many decided after CS enough is enough.

Isn't the reason Kuro tanked over there is because CS-only fans didn't want anything to do with it?

Also PS sales in general have been declining over there.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

What was that person on about?

This was the period when some people were in anger about Fates sure (I waited until mid 2017 to get mad), but it was a high seller and of course would follow up with the FEDirect, which indicated what the series was at for the next 3 years.

I do not know what they were thinking

Yeah it was modern FE anger/hate

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Isn't the reason Kuro tanked over there is because CS-only fans didn't want anything to do with it?

Well

Only PS in japan + disappointed people just jumping ships + People who only cared about Cold Steel also jumping ships.

If i have to guess

Dude, this one was a wild ride. I can understand what Sooks said with "they made dumb decisions for the sake of choice", but luckily I managed to make at least three trips back to Arberrang. The lore was interesting and I was surprised to find that the two menders weren't evil. I loved the moment when Ubin showed up to fight alongside us, and I thought the baby dredge plot point was interesting. I hope my man Rook can now rebuild his life in peace. My only criticism is that the ending was too abrupt.

Juno didn't deserve it.

Probably the best game, although I have a soft spot for the first one.

https://i.imgur.com/b7KKHks.jpg

Also, @Saint Rubenio I found your post

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't remember ever calling all Three Houses fans names just because they like Three Houses, like I seem to remember (I apologize in advance if I'm wrong) you did a few times with Cold Steel fans. Heck, even Brightbow hasn't vocally condemned all players of Awakening, that I recall.

You are right. Even when you're playing Awakening, Bow never had kneejerk reaction and felt the need to trash-talk about the game every 5 seconds. This is also reflected in other games. He doesn't like Portrait of Ruin and yet he was cordial when I talked a little about the game.

We live in a world where people believe their opinions are more important than others, or more important than facts even. Opinions have a place but they should be tempered with empathy/perspective. When something happens that challenges their opinion or 'ideal viewpoint, they won't accept any logic, they will deny, and they'll fight it to their last breath.

This is the single greatest missing thing the fandom faces. A vast number of people can't accept it when someone has a different opinion or alternate viewpoint, so in the end any attempt to establish a compromise fails. Perhaps we are just seeing human history happening on a smaller scale.

In the end, it has to be this way.

2 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

Also Cosmo and me are disliking it reasonably. The games are that bad. Even a professional reviewer called the Saga a mistake

Daily reminder

pOjjRDa.jpg

10 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Daily reminder

I said a, not all lol

That reviewer also got trashtalked by the fanbase and hated on for hurting their precious game so much, despite him being a long time fan of the series, and keeping everything respectful.

Edited by Shrimpresident

Idk, it's probably because I have no real opinions on Cold Steel, but it doesn't bother me to hear it get consistently criticized. Or any games, really.

I meme about my disagreement or dislikes, but at the end of the day I don't have many very strong negative opinions on games myself, tbh. So, yeah.

9 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

We live in a world where people believe their opinions are more important than others, or more important than facts even. Opinions have a place but they should be tempered with empathy/perspective. When something happens that challenges their opinion or 'ideal viewpoint, they won't accept any logic, they will deny, and they'll fight it to their last breath.

This is the single greatest missing thing the fandom faces. A vast number of people can't accept it when someone has a different opinion or alternate viewpoint, so in the end any attempt to establish a compromise fails. Perhaps we are just seeing human history happening on a smaller scale.

In the end, it has to be this way.

Very true.

Edited by twilitfalchion

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gacha Emblem is not a good metric when you consider Camilla remains one of its most popular characters.

She isn't though. Azura was just slipped another alt, but Cammy has gone a conspicuously long time without one, not even one of the "Resplendid" redesigns you need a paid subscription to acquire.

FEH isn't incapable of understanding criticism. And since it's continually being updated, if IS wants to, they can respond to backlash. And at some point, it seems they realized Fates was getting heavily rebuked for being too present. Though the Three Houses hurricanadoquakenami shows no signs of stopping. -But hey, they got Wolf into the game later last year, so they aren't focusing only on the massively popular games and characters anymore.

36 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Did it hit high double digits?

No. And here is the list with its commentary I've dredged up.:

1. Tricks Ninian and Nils to crossing over the Dragon's Gate. Doesn't summon more dragons. Why? Maybe not enough quintessence to control them, which would be reasonable if he was just testing out the Gate when Ninian and Nils came over. If he couldn't lure anyone through the Gate, he couldn't open it and collecting quintessence for the task would be meaningless. -But this is a pure assumption on my part with no evidence to back it.
  2. An undefined period of time when Nergal had Elbert and N&N, yet he didn't open the Gate then. This opportunity was lost when N&N tried to escape Dread Isle. And despite having Elbert, Nergal still tried to start a war in Lycia, which provided the trail of connections which led LEH to Dread Isle. So, had Nergal abandoned his Lycia plans and just offered up Elbert, who had enough Quintessence it would later turn out to open the Gate, all would have gone over well for him.
  3. Hector C21- Nergal tries using Ninian to open the Dragon's Gate. Despite not having started the war he was planning to get a massive amount of quintessence from, Nergal is able to get the necessary amount just from killing Elbert. Tries to kill LEH via the Fire Dragon summoned, but Nils interrupts the summoning and the Fire Dragon dies caught between dimensions. Before Nergal can kill LEH and recapture N&N, the dying Elbert stabs Nergal with what must be a random small knife badly enough that Nergal must flee and heal his wounds to the point he can control dragons again by gathering fresh quintessence, this is until Hector C29.
  4. Nergal, who must have been keeping an eye on LEH the whole time, comes to take N&N after C29, and despite having the power to take both siblings and LEH, he agrees to Ninian's begging and takes only her. Leaving a "parting gift" of a magical blast that could have killed everyone, but didn't because Athos was there. Athos for some reason doesn't attack Nergal, which could have kept him from dragon summoning. With Ninian in tow and himself in good health, Nergal could have summoned dragons, but he doesn't. Nergal shifts Ninian and lets her run off to Eliwood.
  5. This brings up the Hector C30 opportunity, where Nergal shows up after Ninian is killed. Why? Probably to collect the quintessence of her mentioned before, though he does say he's there for Nils too, since Ninian refused to obey him. Needing Ninian's obedience is odd since Nergal didn't need it back in HC21 when he brainwashed her, and the Fire Dragons he planned to summon certainly wouldn't obey him of their own accord. However, in showing up to mock Eliwood in his misery and get Ninian's essence and Nils, Nergal, just as he is about to kill LEH, is attacked by Athos for 5 displayed damage, in response to which he say: Nergal:
    • “The purest fire… Flame breath [mistranslation of "Forblaze"]. Very impressive, Archsage Athos. However… However, fire is no longer my foe! Look! Not even a legendary blade can cause me harm! At long last, I am impervious! Ha ha…ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!”
  6. After this laugh, Nergal teleports away. And then tells Limstella the injury leaves him incapable of controlling dragons now, since he already went through the Black Fang's quintessence reserves. While it seems that Limstella's power augmentations were done shortly before LEH showed up for the final battle, I think this implies the Black Fang Super Replicas made with the BF essences of the originals were done earlier than that, unless they're cheap to make (then why didn't he make more?). Nergal fails to kill the heroes in the final battle, thus losing his final chance to control dragons and the world. 

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That doesn't seem fair.

It isn't. The enemies have an AO (Attack Order? They don't explain what it means) stat of 12, which is the highest I've ever seen in the game. And, they spam this large-fan shaped AoE attack that inflicts AO Down on your characters, dropping them to like 4 AO at worst.

Individually, for my heroes who are overleveled, I should probably be around 15 for this fight when cheats bring me to low-mid twenties or even thirty, the damage barring Dino's isn't too bad (and Heine is barely overleveled). It's death by a thousand cuts.

Thankfully this wasn't true elsewhere in the game. It seems like it was a gimmick battle intentionally built around very fast enemies. Which is very annoying.

It reminded me why I never truly attempted the latter two of the three optional "towers" of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2. Some enemies in all three towers, no matter how fast the heroes are, are rigged to act first, and then spend their turns buffing their turn speed and other junk and inflicting ailments on you. All the while you're left incapable of doing anything, simply b/c nobody's turn arrives for a century. And somehow, despite the enemies getting so many turns, you're supposed to live and then kill them, which makes it kinda sad that the enemies can't kill you with such blatantly lopsided advantages. -To think you've concluded dynamic turn order isn't for you without having witnessed this bs.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The difference between a game that's "haha horny" and game that's actually just an eroge.

True I guess, I can't say when I haven't played any of the latter.

Although, the language just seemed snarky(?) and uncomfortable as heck from Shrimpy posted. Let there be ease and neither judgments nor humiliations when people decide on the kinky stuff.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

15 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

That reviewer also got trashtalked by the fanbase and hated on for hurting their precious game so much, despite him being a long time fan of the series, and keeping everything respectful.

Not defending it but as we all know, this is very common. 

See: SMT fans attacking that one guy because he said the randomness of obtaining demons was bad.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It isn't. The enemies have an AO (Attack Order? They don't explain what it means) stat of 12, which is the highest I've ever seen in the game. And, they spam this large-fan shaped AoE attack that inflicts AO Down on your characters, dropping them to like 4 AO at worst.

So it's a battle against very fast enemies that can hit you with what is essentially Slow. That does sound awful.