Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

46 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Okay, I guess I can start 13 Sentinels.

Oh and look at that, I’ve officially been playing the game for 5 minutes. It was fun while it lasted, but now all everyone except @Armagon will see about the game is a bunch of spoiler tags.

Good, now I can finally get some real information about this game.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Apparently Anna's VA is on the shilling NFTs side of VAs.

At least it's in character

Hoo boy.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good, now I can finally get some real information about this game.

I’m so sorry Ruben, but I’m past the 5 minute mark. I can give you a highly in depth description of the first five minutes, but going any further beyond will completely ruin the game.

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m so sorry Ruben, but I’m past the 5 minute mark. I can give you a highly in depth description of the first five minutes, but going any further beyond will completely ruin the game.

Less excuses, more putting spoilers in spoiler boxes for me to open.

37 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I can see why you like it, considering it hasn’t been 30 minutes and the word kaiju has been used like 5 times.

Yes.

Everyone knows that Kaiju automatically make something good (usually).

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ok 

Spoiler

Screenshot_6287.png

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh okay, so it turns out after the first five minutes it’s revealed that

Spoiler

the main characters, who are all depicted in school uniforms, are actually high schoolers! In an anime game! I was absolutely shocked at this revelation, can you believe it?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Generics only Rev is quite fun.

I cannot speak for normal Rev.

I'm curious, does Revelations have challenge maps like Birthright or limited resources like Conquest?

1 hour ago, Lorneus said:

Haha, it's both my favorite and most hated map of the game. It's quite rewarding and has some good moments, it allows you to take revenge on Sonia from Nino, it gives you Jaffar and a Fell Contract, but the bridges are horrendous. When I did the run where I trained Florina, she did make half the map trivial though, so there's always that. Though I always took the opportunity to train Nino as well. 

Funny you say that, as I kinda think it is Battle Before Dawn that is simultaneously the best and worst map of FE7...

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

I'm both excited and scared for Revelations.

Revelation is kinda funny in that I think its a fine game if you set yourself to doing some kinda challenge run, but kinda awful otherwise.

Also I am a bit late in sharing this, but RubberRoss did another amazing fusion episode of Gartic Phone with artists which is kinda amazing.

Just now, Armagon said:

Ok 

Hide contents

Screenshot_6287.png

How dare you do this to me.

Just now, Sooks said:

Oh okay, so it turns out after the first five minutes it’s revealed that

Hide contents

the main characters, who are all depicted in school uniforms, are actually high schoolers! In an anime game! I was absolutely shocked at this revelation, can you believe it?

Utterly disgraceful. The chance that I will try this game out is now lower.

Just now, GuardianSing said:

I'm curious, does Revelations have challenge maps like Birthright or limited resources like Conquest?

Grinding is possible, I believe.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

It does allow you to grind as much as you want. Its famous for its gimmicky maps, which can be really hit and miss, and also for not even pretending to balance the levels, and abilities of recruits...

Spoiler

Wow, I thought that scene with Amiguchi and Juro was actually serious and I was shocked, in a good way. Kind of disappointed it was “just a misunderstanding”.

But was it though? That’s kind of a weird way to treat your strange dreams…

13 sentinels, for anyone that cares.

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

Wow, I thought that scene with Amiguchi and Juro was actually serious Ana’s I shocked, in a good way. Kind of disappointed it was “just a misunderstanding”.

But was it though? That’s kind of a weird way to treat your strange dreams…

13 sentinels, for anyone that cares.

Not gonna lie, I fail to see how this ruins the game for me.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Me neither, but I thought “rather be safe than sorry”.

…I also used incredibly vague language so I don’t think you have any idea what I’m actually referring to.

Plus autocorrect. And I was = “Ana’s I”, pain. I don’t even know an Ana.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Me neither, but I thought “rather be safe than sorry”.

…I also used incredibly vague language so I don’t think you have any idea what I’m actually referring to.

It sounds anime, which isn't a good sign.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How dare you do this to me.

Hey, you should've seen the red flag after i posted a spoiler tag after you asked for 13 Sentinels spoilers.

Did you really think i would willingly spoil the game?

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The true reason there's a big no spoilers rule among the community is that, due to how the story is told, it's impossible to tell who's at what point.

I know Sooks is at the prolouge maps right now but past that, he could experience the story in a completely different way than i did. This isn't Steins Gate where everyone is gonna generally follow the same path, even if they get the different endings in different orders. At least i think that's how Steins Gate works.

Edited by Armagon

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The true reason there's a big no spoilers rule among the community is that, due to how the story is told, it's impossible to tell who's at what point.

I know Sooks is at the prolouge maps right now but past that, he could experience the story in a completely different way than i did. This isn't Steins Gate where everyone is gonna generally follow the same path, even if they get the different endings in different orders. At least i think that's how Steins Gate works.

Okay Ruben, actually don’t open this one. Like, seriously. Armagon will send more anime if you do.

Spoiler

I was planning to ask what order I should do the stories in if this game is going where I think it is, but should I take from this that you wouldn’t really have any advice on that? Or that the order doesn’t matter?

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hey, you should've seen the red flag after i posted a spoiler tag after you asked for 13 Sentinels spoilers.

Did you really think i would willingly spoil the game?

giphy.gif

You are despicable, Armagon. A most contemptible schemer. Burn in hell.

I know Sooks is at the prolouge maps right now but past that, he could experience the story in a completely different way than i did.

Ohhhhh!

Goddamnit, Armagon. See, I didn't know that. That's super interesting. That's piqued my interest. Telling me literally nothing seems more and more counterproductive by the day.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Okay Ruben, actually don’t open this one. Like, seriously. Armagon will send more anime if you do.

Hide contents

I was planning to ask what order I should do the stories in if this game is going where I think it is, but should I take from this that you wouldn’t really have any advice on that? Or that the order doesn’t matter?

Spoiler

Generally, the order doesn't matter. However, each story does have certain prerequisites you have to do before you can continue them. It can be anything like "have x amount of data entries unlocked" or "have x character's story be at n% completion".

What i will recommend you do is do as much as the story as you can before the game tells you to go fight things again. Each time you do story, you get meta-chips for upgrades. 

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You are despicable, Armagon. A most contemptible schemer. Burn in hell.

screen-shot-2019-04-30-at-9-33-44-am-155

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Goddamnit, Armagon. See, I didn't know that. That's super interesting. That's piqued my interest. Telling me literally nothing seems more and more counterproductive by the day.

Hey man, i was intrigued by the fact that people wouldn't say anything about the game. 

But yeah, that's the real reason why the community has banded around no spoilers.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I was pleasantly surprised myself.

27 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Revelation is kinda funny in that I think its a fine game if you set yourself to doing some kinda challenge run, but kinda awful otherwise.

Interesting.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Grinding is possible, I believe.

24 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It does allow you to grind as much as you want.

I'm one of those weirdos who really enjoys grinding so I'm excited for that.

27 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Its famous for its gimmicky maps, which can be really hit and miss, and also for not even pretending to balance the levels, and abilities of recruits...

I'm perfectly fine with gimmicks. I'll be my own judge if I find them annoying or not.

With story and aesthetics I'm aiming to remain completely blind till I see it for myself. I don't expect it to be any good but it shall at the very least be interesting.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I'd like to go back for a moment and appreciate that this is your idea of a threat.

Well, your threats cannot stop me. I will now open the box and copy the first word here:

"The"

...WHY DIDN'T YOU WARN ME, 13 SENTINELS IS RUINED FOR ME NOW THAT I KNOW "THE" AAAAAAAAA--

My Trails research has led me to learn that Zero/Azure and Cold Steel spoil each other to some extent. What is a law abiding citizen to do? Fortunately there is an in-universe timeline, which means I can play the games concurrently to minimize spoilers! ...Of course, this means I wouldn't be able to finish Cold Steel I until after Azure releases, but it's not a perfect science.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd like to go back for a moment and appreciate that this is your idea of a threat.

Well, your threats cannot stop me. I will now open the box and copy the first word here:

"The"

...WHY DIDN'T YOU WARN ME, 13 SENTINELS IS RUINED FOR ME NOW THAT I KNOW "THE" AAAAAAAAA--

The biggest 13 Sentinels spoiler you'll ever see is--

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

sxkOcRSgmPc_K1O5Ob2XV89zjplRWvHW1H22FmOO

Dangit, I was going to post this.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

My Trails research has led me to learn that Zero/Azure and Cold Steel spoil each other to some extent. What is a law abiding citizen to do? Fortunately there is an in-universe timeline, which means I can play the games concurrently to minimize spoilers! ...Of course, this means I wouldn't be able to finish Cold Steel I until after Azure releases, but it's not a perfect science

release order exists for a reason