Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My game playing pace has also slowed and I need to fix it. You're not the only one. I've also three magazine issues of intellectual material to read through. I'm so lazy.

I mean, I'm supposed to be working on my WYBO entry, but I've been stuck at the first line for an hour...

Hopefully I get more efficient someday.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20220119_193129.jpg

IMG_20220119_193132.jpg

What the fuck do you mean this isn't fanmade?

I mean...

Pokémon Sun and Moon Ultra Beast Stats | Pokémon GO Hub

Are you truly surprised?

As for my contribution to the which pokémon are you test, I'd have to say Ditto. I got stretchy skin and love too many pokémon to stop my choice on one, so might as well be all at the same time.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I won't worry about levelling up too much to promote just yet, unless they're a level or so away.

Either Merc or archer, if you can get the resources to get better bows. Personally Merc Atlas works better personally so I'd lean that way.

I am of the opinion berserkers should have been added and Darros added to the game.

Well, right now my convoy on Celica's side in terms of bows is just a couple Irons, Steels, and a Lonbow, which Leon is currently using. I have a lot more swords in contrast.

I guess Kaga only thought on turning the Whitewings and Camus into his recurring characters. And Anna I guess.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

main-qimg-cb3bf6412a2de0a1a674243271d411

THIS MUST BE THE WORK OF AN ENEMY STAND - Card - Custom Gwent

2 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

As for my contribution to the which pokémon are you test, I'd have to say Ditto. I got stretchy skin and love too many pokémon to stop my choice on one, so might as well be all at the same time.

I was going for what pokemon you'd want around as they "suit" you, but if Ditto works Ditto works.

2 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Are you truly surprised?

A little.

The UB are very much intended as alien designs and while "God shouldn't be bothered by our standards" is a statement about the fusions, fact of the matter is Dialga looks like it swallowed a cannon, took Arceus's rear legs for itself and called it a day after taking off the front crest while Palkia apparently got into MLP on the basis of it's legs and decided arms bad but keep the shoulders and really wanting shin guards.

41 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'm thinking about what would be Teehee's pokemon.

Sounds like folks are using this as an excuse to share their favorite Pokes, so

AM-JKLXddZFpioA6uYiD-fXPbWxRXdF-LIxdYUNC

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’d say Mudkip is a good comparison for Chikorita because they both have fantastic first stage, really cool second stage, then what even?? for final stage. But that’s a really unpopular opinion.

But Mudkip is excellent in gen 3, best boi of that gen's starters.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Maaaaybe if I tried this nuzlocke challenge I keep hearing about…

The basic Nuzlocke rules are:

1) If a pokemon faints it is dead, and can't be used again (some people have a dead box, others will release them...)

2) You can only catch the first pokemon you encounter at each location, although it is common to add a few clauses to this like:

a) a shiny clause, where you can catch a shiny if you can find one, more hardcore variants of this clause might have it be you can only catch it if you have a pokemon of the same line alive, and you can then have the shiny replace the old mon, or to exclude the clause entirely.

b) a species/duplicate clause, which changes it to the first pokemon of an evolutionary line you haven't caught yet on each route (instead of just first encounter), although there are variants where doing this is optional (or not optional), or having a limit to the number of "rerolls" you get with this clause

c) a gift pokemon clause, where you can use gift pokemon, and they don't count as encounters, although it is kinda common not to have this clause in more hardcore runs, which usually count gift pokemon as an encounter for the location you get it

3) You have to nickname your pokemon to become more attached to them.

There are also some common rules to make things more difficult on top of this, and when all are is use its common to describe it as a hardcore Nuzlocke:

1) Have the game on Set mode instead of Switch mode (this is a feature you can change in the options menu). I highly recommend you do this as otherwise it is kinda easy to power through the game with hyper-offensive strats, and having it on set makes pivot strategies more important, and the question of whether or not you should sack a pokemon more important as well.

2) No items in battle, other than pokeballs in valid encounters, and hold items. Helaing items can be used to make stall strats more powerful, and if you know how to use them X items are kinda broken. Items are a bit of a crutch, and if you think you need them, keep them.

3) No over-leveling past a level cap. The most common rule of thumb for this is to have a level cap of the next Gym leader's highest level pokemon, or the highest level pokemon of the fourth Elite Four member, and if a pokemon gets above that level cap before starting the Gym fight (or starting the league battles) you have to box it until you raise the level cap by completing the Gym. How you end up defining your level cap is up to you, it doesn't have to be based on Gym battles, and having a slightly higher level cap makes things easier, and slightly lower level caps makes things harder. I have heard some advise that you should start with level caps, as it encourages leveling up to the cap before a gym fight, which tends to be a good thing, as going into a major battle under leveled is an extremely common way to lose a lot of Pokemon in a Nuzlocke.

4) Having a pokemon ban-list, so that you don't use the most powerful/game-breaking pokemon isn't unheard of either. Banning legendaries is extremely common, but banning things like Gyrados, Garchomp, Shedinja, Blissey, etc. isn't that unheard of either.

There are also lots of other variants if you want to look them up (even multiplayer ones like a Soul-link), but the important thing is you play with a rule-set that you have fun with, and if you need to reset a run, or give yourself a mulligan or two, that is fine.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I was going for what pokemon you'd want around as they "suit" you, but if Ditto works Ditto works.

I think I'd be either Slowpoke or something like that.

...That's not a very interesting answer, is it.

10 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

mean...

See, the Ultra Beasts work because they're supposed to be completely alien to the Pokemon world. Like even more than actual aliens like Deoxys.

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Sounds like folks are using this as an excuse to share their favorite Pokes, so

AM-JKLXddZFpioA6uYiD-fXPbWxRXdF-LIxdYUNC

So you'd take the Dragon's Den and make it 100% Dratini?

That'd be spooky to walk into with the music behind

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Slowpoke does have evos and variants to consider though in fairness. And it's very chill in it's slow pace.

It also has this.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

It’s also just untrue, and even if it were, no one is allowed to insult Benice under my watch. Other than me of course.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s also just untrue, and even if it were, no one is allowed to insult Benice under my watch. Other than me of course.

you tellin me you're Benice's brother

and i am his dad

does that make me your Dad?

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

And it's very chill in it's slow pace.

Exactly, I am very chill and have never accused anyone of anything, not once.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s also just untrue

I've participated in, like, 2/17 WYBO rounds I said I would... And darned near 2/18...

Plus, I do like Slowpoke. They are very cute.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

no one is allowed to insult Benice under my watch. Other than me of course.

Have you ever insulted me, though?

You should play Yakuza 0 so you can insult my taste in games

4 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

you tellin me you're Benice's brother

and i am his dad

does that make me your Dad?

I mean, are you really surprised? Look at me with Steins;Gate, Sky, our FE opinions…

I've participated in, like, 2/17 WYBO rounds I said I would... And darned near 2/18...

I always felt like a big part of Slowpoke, in the anime at least, is its mental slowness as well, which is a trait you do not have.

Have you ever insulted me, though?

You should play Yakuza 0 so you can insult my taste in games

I only said I’m allowed to, not that I’ve used that ability.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Another lesson in Teeheeanology?

Teehee lore expands

Teehee 4:  Teeheeanology of Degen War

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, are you really surprised? Look at me with Steins;Gate, Sky, our FE opinions…

Then there are our Trails ships 😛 

A Wedge between us xD

I guess every father and their kid gotta have some conflict

Edited by Shrimpresident

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

is its mental slowness as well, which is a trait you do not have.

Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhh...

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I only said I’m allowed to, not that I’ve used that ability.

I'm sure it'll be a zinger when you do.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

guess every father and their kid gotta have some conflict

For us, it's everything but Berwick Saga...

LRG aside, i just find it really beautiful how Inti Creates is partnering up with an indie studio who's putting out their first game. Like they've been doing this since the reveal of Luminous Avenger iX 2 and i just think it's neat.

Like we've seen devs congratulate others on their releases but this is a whole new level. I like it.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

WHY IS RAIN THE FINAL BOSSS
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You right now

fetchimage.webp

I don't really have a favorite pokemon, but I really like Lanturn

Risultati immagini per pokemon night fishing lanturn | Pokemon art,  Pokemon, Pokemon pictures

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

Thank you, Elon Musk. Very cool.

Best Girl.