Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Good news, Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is releasing on April 5th.

The Gonk Droid has finally returned to us! Also, there is an option to replace the voice acting with mumbling.

Unfortunately, mumble mode looks like it just replaces the dialogue with mumbles. That’s not good, the whole charm of mumble mode came from the way they tried to tell the story without the voice acting. Like in the OG, Darth Vader takes out a family portrait and points at it and himself to convey the idea, where here they just replaced the dialogue with mumbles and called it a day.

That’s a minor thing though, the game looks incredible. If you’d changed the art style and tried to tell me this was once a lego game I would not believe you.

But if Crossbell is so important, why did it take so long to be localized?

Because money is more important than plot relevance.

Fortunately Zin will arrive to... wait, Zin isn't in the OVA. So who rescues the party?

“Josh”.

Yeah, the OVA is bad.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Man, there's a lot of pages since I went to sleep. Anything important I missed?

If you’re still interested in my 13 Sentinels thoughts:

12 hours ago, Sooks said:

So the one thing that immediately drew me to 13 Sentinels was the very unique narrative structure the game goes for, and already it’s using it to tell the story extremely well, this is so cool. I won’t go in to specifics, but I’ve already had more than one

yU8l0bu.jpg

moment using information from one character’s storyline in another. And that’s absolutely a good thing.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Unfortunately, mumble mode looks like it just replaces the dialogue with mumbles. That’s not good, the whole charm of mumble mode came from the way they tried to tell the story without the voice acting. Like in the OG, Darth Vader takes out a family portrait and points at it and himself to convey the idea, where here they just replaced the dialogue with mumbles and called it a day.

That’s a minor thing though, the game looks incredible. If you’d changed the art style and tried to tell me this was once a lego game I would not believe you.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

If you’re still interested in my 13 Sentinels thoughts:

Obviously I'm not, you ruined the game for me by posting about the game past the five minute mark.

...honestly though, that does sound neat. Too bad it's still a PS exclusive and won't be on sale for a long time when it ceases to be.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Huh... Interesting. What game, out of curiosity?

An SRPG of a kind, but not for you.

OIP.Vg0k6bG7dXAZoUUXgfC3jQHaGq?w=182&h=1

Devil Survivor 2 features the mysterious otherworldly invaders known as the "Septentriones", each named after the seven stars (that humans can see without telescopes) that comprise the Big Dipper constellation. The image of the round purple thingy I posed last night coincidentally was Mizar, the sixth Septentrione.

When the Record Breaker enhanced port came out, it added a new second story and turned the Spring Triangle stars- Spica, Denebola, and Arcturus, into a new trio of invaders, collectively calling them "Triangulum" (even though thats not the same constellation as the Spring Triangle).

53 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I imagine it would've taken a lot to redo every single cutscene in the game, especially since the request for mumbles came in long after development likely started.

I'm excited though. I remember me and my brother used to play the original Lego StarWars before I even watched the movies.

Spoiler

Natsuno can have a hushed conversation with Juro about a guy who’s “staying over”. I’m pretty sure this means she told him about BJ.

Once again, the subtle storytelling is really good.

13 Sentinels

Oh never mind, I was completely wrong.

Edited by Sooks

So two of the divergences just lead to flashbacks of things that already happened, hence not making actual choices. But the other two actually take Juro to two new scenes, happening in the present. So did those both somehow, canonically happen orrr? All of the paths that don’t lead to a new scene end with something called “Daily Life”, so does that mean these are happening on different, similar days, instead of the same day being repeated?

Spoiler

And to continue with Juro’s story, I need to have 9 protags at over 30% completion. But I only have 7 protags right now, hmmm…

I probably unlock more from playing the battle mode.

4 hours ago, Lorneus said:

Omg, I didn't even notice XD But, yeah, I guess that's pretty much true XD And I like to sing as well (though I'm not very good at it), so Jigglypuff would fit me as well. Could be fun to find a full team, now that I'm at 4! I think I'd add Slaking cause I'm a lazy ass and Greedent (whom I just noticed exists as I've never looked much into gen 8 ) cause I'm also often associated with squirrels.

Pretty solid on your choices.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's a character called Arcturus in Berwick Saga.

That's about all I have to say about that.

All I have to say on it.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Jesus this looks like a treat. And since I don't care about Star Wars, I don't have to gatekeep myself from entire parts of the game like the actual Star Wars fans. Awesome!

Man it's a shame the sequels dropped the ball.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Never played a LEGO game myself, so I can't share in your happiness. -Though apparently LEGO didn't invent the stackable brick, yet it did innovate it in the ways that made it ever so flexible for building things. The British inventor of the LEGO predecessor went out of business feeling like their idea had been stolen.

I wonder what was the difficulty for the predecessor's bricks.

58 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Only a bit, considering what many priests irl are accused of xD

You say that the day apparently the former Pope's being accused- Well, I was wrong he was accused, but confirmed he failed to stop others from it.

I never liked the look of him, made me think of Palpatine all the time.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Having a throat infection sucks.

F

Take care and get well soon!

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

You say that the day apparently the former Pope's being accused- Well, I was wrong he was accused, but confirmed he failed to stop others from it.

yeah read about that earlier today.

The more i read about the whole priest situations, or religious leaders worldwide, the less ''this is not realistic/cartoon villain'' i go at villain priests in fiction.

I remember lol. But that was more for Zephyrus than Arcturus.

...Oh no wait, right, I just remembered... The one thing with Arcturus.

Man it's a shame the sequels dropped the ball.

If they give me cool enough setpieces for the action, I'm good.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Man, IBS is the worst...

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Having a throat infection sucks.

Best wishes to both of you.

I am so tempted to use the mine glitch to disarm everyone in Cog of Destiny so I won't have to deal with the map. But then again, will that really make much of a difference? If they don't come to me, it will actually take longer... Best save the mines for other maps.

Oh, but I so not want to do this map...

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I am so tempted to use the mine glitch to disarm everyone in Cog of Destiny so I won't have to deal with the map. But then again, will that really make much of a difference? If they don't come to me, it will actually take longer... Best save the mines for other maps.

just Drop FE7

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fight your way through Rubenio! Don't give in so easily!

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

just Drop FE7

Just now, Shrimpresident said:

just Drop FE7

I really want to, but I'm so close to the end, and I want to see if I can do a Serra solo of the final chapter or something funny like that. Besides, I don't really have anything to play afterwards.

...Maybe when I get to the end, I can reward myself with some Sword of Heaven and Earth. Remember what good GBAFE feels like.

Can it be April already? I'd really like for it to be April already so I can play Lego Star Wars.

Just now, WraithReborn said:

Fight your way through Rubenio! Don't give in so easily!

I'll try. I gotta do it for Serra...

1 minute ago, WraithReborn said:

Do it for pride man! Where has the haughty and prideful Rubenio gone?

He's bored of this game and has been for 10 maps now. Heck, if anything the "haughty and prideful" part is what kept me from dropping it at Noble Lady of Caelin.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

So it's official now Serra is now his Blazing Blade waifu...?

Yes.

Right now Serra is the only thing about this game that doesn't make me yawn.

Edited by Saint Rubenio