• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Bahahahaha

I do tend to be quite the Chadderbox when it comes to puns...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Serra's levels are the only good thing about this game.

She just rammed her magic and speed caps at level 13.

I love this girl so much.

You'd have gotten better results if you'd used Glass.

Just now, WraithReborn said:

Cluny burned down his village and killed everyone Matthias knew and loved. The major recurring themes of the series is death and loss.

His sister walked for who knows how long with Matthias and dies in a ditch after being frightened by a snake of some kind in those 5 minutes. Those themes are pretty well established early on. It's just not gory about it.

Though is the show suggesting a timeloop with the tapestry? /s

Just now, Lorneus said:

I should really watch this show at some point. For some reason I was disinterested in it as a kid, but it's always intrigued me growing up and I always thought I could actually appreciate it if I gave it the chance. And this theme is pretty gorgeous too.

I found Season 1 online here.

All right, so that's been Cog of Destiny. To my great chagrin, I found that my original plan of blocking the reinforcements was doomed to failure. They come out anyway. So instead, I fell back onto plan B: Let Serra handle it.

And that's the story of how Serra, with minimal help from Teodor and Ursula, murdered 75% of Cog of Destiny. The remaining 25% is the enemies that headed for the rest of the team, stuck way back at the starting area. Then I had Vaida cart Erk to her so they could build up their supports while the last hero was still breathing.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I was not serious with that line, but apparently wasn't clear enough.

You mean you never noticed /s used here before?

Dayni, I’m an old man who uses words like remonstrate and horripilation when speaking with the youngsters around here. I have no clue what /s means.

Ah, The Berserker. Also known as Serra Kills Everything: Part 79. There's even an additional deployment slot for her bitch to make her even more busted with the power of supports. Let's get this over with... At least it should be more enjoyable than Cog.

3 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Dayni, I’m an old man who uses words like remonstrate and horripilation when speaking with the youngsters around here. I have no clue what /s means.

I guess I must remonstrate you then.

/s is used to end a bit of text to indicate it was sarcastic, it's an easy thing to understand!

horripilation I had to look up and frankly I have no reason to apply this action upon you.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hwahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

I literally beat that map in 6 minutes with just Serra.

La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La

FJkzOz7UUAAZDx3?format=jpg&name=large

One more week until kino.

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Good news, Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is releasing on April 5th. The Gonk Droid has finally returned to us! Also, there is an option to replace the voice acting with mumbling.

LEGO The Skywalker Saga looks to be the most ambitious LEGO game, i'm actually kinda impressed.

Mumble Mode is a good compromise.

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

True, I haven't done that.

I think all of them are on HBO Max.

Well except Godzilla vs Biollante, pesky rights issues smh.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Consider me hyped. This game looks incredible.

Agreed. And the fact that you could fly to different planets, which is something you could kinda do in LEGO Clone Wars, was my favorite part of this whole thing. LEGO Clone Wars is (currently) the best LEGO Star Wars imo so to see this game pull from that

giphy_1.gif

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Of all things, the one that I don't really care for is mumble mode, actually. It's clearly there to appeal to the nostalgic fans who want a return to the old Lego days... Except in the old days, the characters didn't just mumble, they communicated through body language and pantomiming. This looks like the same cutscenes, designed with dialogue in mind, except the dialogue is gone. Yeah, I don't think I'm going to turn that on when I play the game, myself.

I think it would just be too much work to animate one set of cutscenes and then animate a completely different set that's more classic.

Oh well but that's why i said i'll take Mumble Mode as a compromise.

4 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

Seems to me they are trying to action'fy the nep turn based system hmmm

Ok so this is doing to Nep's combat system what Ryza did to Atelier's combat system. So it's ATB but the actually fun kind is what i'm gathering.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

So did those both somehow, canonically happen

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

these are happening on different, similar days, instead of the same day being repeated?

Yeah pretty much. It's a bit weird but every time you access a new branch, it's technically like, the following day or some shit.

It probably could've been structured a bit better so it's easier to understand but VNs. You use information you learned in the previous branch to access the new one.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

And to continue with Juro’s story, I need to have 9 protags at over 30% completion. But I only have 7 protags right now, hmmm…

I mean, the game is called 13 Sentinels.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I am so tempted to use the mine glitch to disarm everyone in Cog of Destiny so I won't have to deal with the map. But then again, will that really make much of a difference? If they don't come to me, it will actually take longer... Best save the mines for other maps.

Oh, but I so not want to do this map...

I do this all the time because where else am i gonna use the mine glitch?

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

@Armagon Question: In the event archive, it says the year events took place. For “dreams”, does it use the year that character dreamed it or the year it was inside of the dream? It seems kind of inconsistent, so I don’t know if it just depends or some of these years are supposed to make no sense.

Reveal hidden contents

Mainly the fact that Amiguchi’s judgement day dream says 1985, where he was told to go into the past… with “the past” actually being 2089. But the scene where he actually gets to 2089, also a dream sequence, is actually labeled with the year 2089. So is that not supposed to make any sense?

You'll see.

56 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nino, Isadora and Bartre are dead, Hector is worthless and rescued by Lowen, who is berserked, Ursula and Lyn are sleeping, Erk is the shittiest mage I've ever had the displeasure of using, the Uber Spear has 4 uses left and Wallace gets obliterated by the magical army without it and Serra is only one woman.

I'm actually going to have to restart. I'm actually gonna have to fucking restart.

Me showing Ruben how to use save states

drake-computer.gif

39 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well as long as it isnt like Nep RPG, god that was not their best idea.

Nep spin-off moment.

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

POOOOWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR

HAHAAAHAAAAAAAAAAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

https://images2.imgbox.com/f6/42/6aAFfq23_o.png

It has all been worth it.

This whole shit has been worth it just to witness this.

Serra is literally Panne.

I don't even need the prep chapter, I bought a ton of shine tomes in Cog of Destiny, that's all I need for the rest of the game.

Oh, fuck me... She's going on the sig. I hate her game, but she deserves it.

...I'll probably have to reset, though. I forgot Bartre is at level 4. I'd like to grab Karla... for the heck of it, mostly. I mean, there's no harm in letting him have one stray kill.

(Don't worry Acacia, she has a 1 use rescue staff and Denning has a longbow so he won't kill himself. When there's nobody left, I'll warp Hector over and pick the funnyman up)

51 minutes ago, Benice said:

image.png.f73cc8283d5928ecbccda03175df4016.png

Why do I have this image?

Why is there a cat in a hat with a bat about to trip over a rat outside my house?

I hope I don’t go splat.

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It always hurts to see people dismiss the FE6 cast like this.

Yeah, maybe I went too far.

Fir is kinda cute.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

LEGO The Skywalker Saga looks to be the most ambitious LEGO game, i'm actually kinda impressed.

Same, same.

Yeah, I just didn’t think every sentinel pilot was getting a storyline when the prologue ended without them all having one. Guess I was wrong.

But I’m not complaining, this is so interesting that I’ll take as much story as I can get.

Plus this means two of the characters I was most interested in actually will get storylines, so of course I want to see that.

You'll see.

I… don’t really see how but this game has surprised my everywhere else so I can believe this.

Edited by Sooks

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Agreed. And the fact that you could fly to different planets, which is something you could kinda do in LEGO Clone Wars, was my favorite part of this whole thing. LEGO Clone Wars is (currently) the best LEGO Star Wars imo so to see this game pull from that

giphy_1.gif

The game looks incredible. Legit a great beat 'em up hiding there, from what I can see in the trailer.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think it would just be too much work to animate one set of cutscenes and then animate a completely different set that's more classic.

Yeah, absolutely. I'm not saying they should've done any different. I'm just saying I probably won't use the mode, personally.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Fir is kinda cute.

Ahh, I can't even get mad at you. I'm too busy watching Serra murder this piece of shit of a game.

Just played Mario Kart 8... Monopoly edition. With family of course.

The dice rolls were in my favor and I ended up up winning; although if my score calculations are right, losing the last grand prix gamble to a certain player would've given them the victory.

The MK-themed additions aren't too bad, with players frequently dropping coins on the board. Plus, the length is limited to 8 passings of the Go space, it shouldn't extend past your attention span, which is the problem I have with the standard version of the classic boardgame.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

I wonder what was the difficulty for the predecessor's bricks.

I need to rewatch the documentary episode on demand. But, I remember one of the LEGO innovations was in the undercarriage. The original rectangular bricks were entirely hollow beneath, no little holes and lines which could grip the characteristic bumps found atop both LEGOs and their British predecessor. The predecessor was also very thin and fairly flexible, you could squeeze and bend them with your fingers no problem, they had none of that rigidity that makes for amazing construction (if also none of the pains of stepping on one in the middle of the night).

Lawsuits against LEGO might've followed I think, but, as we all know, these usually end in favor of the rich. Said mini-doc episode included in the same hour-long time slot the topic of television, which was infamously stolen from its true inventor. 

3 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

The more i read about the whole priest situations, or religious leaders worldwide, the less ''this is not realistic/cartoon villain'' i go at villain priests in fiction.

Clergy are entrusted with authority over existential matters and are expected to serve as trustworthy confidants. Politicians are on paper supposed to trustworthy and altruistic, as are doctors, and the same for coaches for everything from American football to gymnastics. And lastly, businessmen- we give them expectations of morality in naive principle let's face it.

What do all five of these kinds of people have in common? Authority. Authority over believers, over citizens, over patients, over athletes, over employees; over human beings.

Therefore, I wouldn't blame religion in itself for the sexual misconduct of some clergy. I would blame that all-too-strong temptation to abuse and misuse the privilege called authority. Religion merely provides an excuse for that misuse- the name of God, the same as the name of Country, Medicine, Sport, or Wealth.

As for those who turn a blind eye to the abuse of others, though they engage in it not. Well, part of it would be that humanity's unwavering devotion to the groups to the groups they choose to associate with. The same irrational, tribal, bestial instinct that makes us cheer for our favorite sports teams and mock, however lightheartedly or unsportsmanlike, rival teams. An instinct that stands in the way of a true, impartial sense of what is just.

-Just some intellectual musings without a hint of emotion behind it.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Flying right past the plot section of the Wikipedia page in the chance I actually play the game someday, the development section does say the game (with citations) began with 7 or 8 characters. But, despite the increased workload it would bring, Kamitani decided fairly early in development back in 2013 to make it 13 protagonists for unstated reasons.

There are several paragraphs of development talk you might want to read on good old Wikipedia.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FJbTrViXwAA3MSk?format=jpg&name=medium

Can't believe Farina is racist smh.

Are you reading this article by any chance?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Why is there a cat in a hat with a bat about to trip over a rat outside my house?

I hope I don’t go splat

ZV17Ben.jpgwSBS90j.png

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Fir is kinda cute.

In all seriousness, may I suggest the Wade/Lot support chain? It's actually quite good, especially if you add in the Village convos they get.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

FJbTrViXwAA3MSk?format=jpg&name=medium

Can't believe Farina is racist smh.

#CancelFarina

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just played Mario Kart 8... Monopoly edition.

Why is this a thing?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I need to rewatch the documentary episode on demand. But, I remember one of the LEGO innovations was in the undercarriage. The original rectangular bricks were entirely hollow beneath, no little holes and lines which could grip the characteristic bumps found atop both LEGOs and their British predecessor. The predecessor was also very thin and fairly flexible, you could squeeze and bend them with your fingers no problem, they had none of that rigidity that makes for amazing construction (if also none of the pains of stepping on one in the middle of the night).

So there was an element added to them that the predecessor never had.

Yeah, even ignoring money I could see how that cases ended the way it did.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wouldn't blame religion in itself for the sexual misconduct of some clergy.

yeah, i don't, dw 😉. I can differentiate enough there. I rarely speak out against religions, and more against those who (wrongly) practice it or are in a position of authority and misuse it.

Edited by Shrimpresident