Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

thanks

I just turned on some chill music

better now

Glad to hear (read) it!

this semester's been pretty stressful so far bc my class load is doubled due to some mixup with credits on the part of my college

I hope that all works out.

but it'll be alright 👍

Amen to that!

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

tfw you think you forgot to complete an assignment from a week ago, and nearly have a panic attack because of it

only to realize you actually did it after all

ha

hahahahaha

Oof... Glad it ended up all being OK.

What should've been.

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

Your friend sounds cool.

He's all right. You think I dislike anime? He's on another level. I at least give it a chance occassionally. My guy wouldn't be caught dead in the same room as anime.

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

"YOU LIKE THIS"

Well, I made very sure to tell him I only love it ironically lol

A preview of Neptune's stat page at level 9:

Spoiler

b304f5a476955c8848909b0b31032dd6.jpg

Lowered mov as well to make strategy and placement more crucial to winning some fights. Was contemplating lowering HP growth as well, but undecided yet.

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

Demolisher Blade is sooooo broken

And combine it with Limiter Removal+Shield Generator

8 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

this semester's been pretty stressful so far bc my class load is doubled due to some mixup with credits on the part of my college

Oof.

Hope you can pull through it.

Other characters’ flowcharts:

”Which climactic dream depicting the fate of the world do you remember? Which of the other sentinel pilots do you want to learn more about your cryptic backstory from?”

Iori’s flowcharts:

”Do you want soft serve or crepes?”

“Do you want pork buns or hotdogs?”

Finally caught up to where I was in LA3 before Desmune tanked and I fudged the file transfer. So far, not a single hiccup from Melon, barring the rare audio blip. I haven't exactly been motivated to rerun through the game since the big kaput, but now that I'm three story battles from the ending, I do feel more energized. I ought to finish this by Monday at the latest. I'll slow down to play a bunch of grinding battles to buy the heroes new weapons and armor, they been using their starting stuff all this time in the name of time expediency, and money is too tight not doing any of them.

I'm also realizing that a mouse makes what was touch controls on the DS quite enjoyable to use. If Shrimpy refuses to entertain me with a dive into Knights in the Nightmare, then I think I might give it a try myself at some point, 'tho I've zero talent with shumps, so I probably won't get very far with that SRPG.

I know this is long, but it is an excellent look at how cryptocurrencies, NFTs, and DAOs work (and supposed to work), and what is fundamentally wrong with them, and why in a way that is understandable for how much detail it goes into. Heck even the intro on the 2008 financial crisis is an excellent summary of that complicated bit of history as well.

Baldr Sky so far

Route 1 - Cool Heroine (Best Girl Cadidate), interesting setting, alot of build up for future routes and a satisfying ending

Route 2 - Why is childhood friend so horny, jealous and useless?

Route 3 - the pacing and repititiveness is getting to me and i do not like where this is going. There's quite a bit of ''This isn't right'' with how the characters are acting...

I really hope Routes 4-6 make up for it because after Route 1 it's been a big downhill slope...

Give me Rain as heroine back lol. It all went down once other girls wanted to become heroines as well

Edited by Shrimpresident

https://images2.imgbox.com/9c/94/Hbtb9ft2_o.png

I'm a bit afraid to equip this, I won't lie. But well, I suppose there's only one way to find out what it does.

...Oh, all it does is switch the map cursor to a squid. For no reason.

I'll never understand this game.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ikarsor... hahaha, I get it.

Do explain the reference. I mean, it's 100% a reference. Wouldn't be the only one, either. There's a sword in the game called Gradius Sword that summons a spaceship to airstrike everything in the spell area. People are still debating how you unlock it, it remains unknown to this day. Folks recount finding it when they played the game as children, some people got it, some didn't. The only sure way nowadays is to get a save file a mysterious person uploaded to Gamefaqs before fading into obscurity. Once that save is on your system, it unlocks the sword on all new runs.

But I digress, got into quite the tangent there. What I'm trying to say is, if there's one reference, there's two references. So what's this referencing?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Do explain the reference. I mean, it's 100% a reference. Wouldn't be the only one, either. There's a sword in the game called Gradius Sword that summons a spaceship to airstrike everything in the spell area. People are still debating how you unlock it, it remains unknown to this day. Folks recount finding it when they played the game as children, some people got it, some didn't. The only sure way nowadays is to get a save file a mysterious person uploaded to Gamefaqs before fading into obscurity. Once that save is on your system, it unlocks the sword on all new runs.

But I digress, got into quite the tangent there. What I'm trying to say is, if there's one reference, there's two references. So what's this referencing?

Ika is how Squids are called in Japan.

Cursor, Ika, Ikarsor. Squid Cursor.

It's not a reference, just a pun.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Iori’s flowcharts:

”Do you want soft serve or crepes?”

“Do you want pork buns or hotdogs?”

There is an achievement for this.

This is part of Vanillaware's love for food.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

oOD9Rlk.png

What nonesense.

That's like deleting the internet so people can't hack anymore.

And it seems this route MC might accept the proposal

Like, she isn't wrong that people survived when they didn't have AI but cutting it out would lead to a catastrophic collapse in society. 

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ika is how Squids are called in Japan.

Cursor, Ika, Ikarsor. Squid Cursor.

It's not a reference, just a pun.

Ooohh. And here I thought I was so smart. Well, thanks. You learn something new every day.

...Why is this in the game, though? I mean, not complaining, but...

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ooohh. And here I thought I was so smart. Well, thanks. You learn something new every day.

...Why is this in the game, though? I mean, not complaining, but...

Can't really comment on that. Maybe it's a reference to something else, maybe someone just liked squids and wanted to make that pun.

Oh, yeah, don't have much about it, but since that Gradius Sword sounds like a total reference to Konami's other series Gradius... and Konami did stuff like having a MGS charcter detect your memory card save files... has anyone tried playing the game with a save file from any of the Gradius PSX games?