Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Nobody tell Ruben, but I just encountered Flayn’s English VA on a random generic in 13 Sentinels.

Anyway

yU8l0bu.jpg

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There is an achievement for this.

This is part of Vanillaware's love for food.

This is part of a love for food? Good, very good.

But this implies they’ve done this in more than one game?

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrimpresident said:

why isn't this your pfp yet

There’s a certain character in this game there’s a 99% chance I’m gonna like enough to make my pfp. Just a feeling.

Hmm… I just noticed that the playable sentinels from number 10 to number 23, but number 18 is skipped.

I haven’t heard anything about a number 18 but hmm…

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, yeah, don't have much about it, but since that Gradius Sword sounds like a total reference to Konami's other series Gradius...

Absolutely. The price for the sword in the game's stores is 57300, the default high score on the original Gradius, according to the internet. Doesn't get much more specific than that.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

and Konami did stuff like having a MGS charcter detect your memory card save files... has anyone tried playing the game with a save file from any of the Gradius PSX games?

That's the most common theory, yeah. People have done a few tests. From what I've gathered in the few Gamefaqs threads discussing this, people seem to believe the requirement might be a save file from Policenauts or Suikoden. Nothing conclusive, however. Game doesn't have enough of a fanbase for such an investigation, unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Nobody tell Ruben, but I just encountered Flayn’s English VA on a random generic in 13 Sentinels.

Stop! You're ruining it! You're ruining everything...!

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Fun fact, the first Vandal Hearts is one of the games Psycho Mantis is programmed to detect:

Hah! How neat. That's one of those unfortunate things emulation can't reproduce. Or at least not the PS1 emulators I've seen, they all have separate save files for each game. Though the PS2 one does have memory card files that seem to be used by all games, like in original hardware.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! How neat. That's one of those unfortunate things emulation can't reproduce. Or at least not the PS1 emulators I've seen, they all have separate save files for each game. Though the PS2 one does have memory card files that seem to be used by all games, like in original hardware.

I'm pretty sure ePSXe does have dedicated memory card files.

I guess no one has actually tried with that one? At this point it's much easier than with an actual physical memory card and games...

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Which emulators was it that has the memory card files with saves from multiple games?

PCSXR actually has memory card files, but I would have to play MGS for myself to see if it acted like that.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So I definitely don't recommend Aggretsuko to you, so many 3H VAs in it.

Ohhhhh.

Spoiler

BJ just said sentinel number 8 is remotely operated, so the reason the playables start from number 10 is probably that the first 9 were all designed the same way.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Catherine’s VA is also in this, I forgot to mention that last time.

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This is part of a love for food? Good, very good.

Another example is Takatoshi and yakisoba pan.

23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But this implies they’ve done this in more than one game?

From Muramasa (specifically Rebirth but it's in the original as well).

Oh hey, another good twist. This explains a lot.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

From Muramasa (specifically Rebirth but it's in the original as well).

Vanillaware good.

Just now, Shrimpresident said:

Girl - I am a Cyborg

MC - *shocked*

Me -  Didn't you just bang a couple days ago? HOW DID YOU NOT NOTICE IT?

Are there any parts of her that are outwardly mechanical? Because it's entirely possible in fantasyland to make a machine person that is 100% superficially fleshy, hiding the metallic interior a few centimeters beneath the surface. 

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Are there any parts of her that are outwardly mechanical? Because it's entirely possible in fantasyland to make a machine person that is 100% superficially fleshy, hiding the metallic interior a few centimeters beneath the surface. 

Spoiler

g5Kq1Er.png

Maybe? 70% of her body is mechanical is what i know

honestly i am probably nitpicking now because i haven't been enjoying this route lol

You know a plot twist is good when it changes everything you’ve seen so far but everything just sort of clicks together when you see it. Natsuno’s storyline is good, the plot is good, this game is good.