• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Oh.

...Wait, no I'm still confused. How does that even happen?

Zoom meeting of Italian government.

Random person on the internet.

Yeah.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

So… one of the protagonists in 13 Sentinels is actually just straight up gay? Or bisexual, at the very least? This is very based, especially for a Japanese game.

😳

If you mean a gay female, then good for the diversity! If a gay guy, my interest has grown in the game.

-But I'll assume you're just misreading things that shall be clarified in time. I'll doubt, as I probably should out of an abundance of very reasonable caution.

40 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Italy's president is just a figurehead, the real power is in the prime ministership. The tweeter needs to learn their government. -Although the current Italian PM is a technocrat who has acquired the nickname "Super Mario".🍄

1 hour ago, Shrimpresident said:
  • Characters are being OOC
  • Military ladies fighting over MC like they are school kids, even though one of the ladies was a wingwoman outside of her route
  • A bruh death
  • MC acting like an idiot and thinking more with his lower part
  • ''Daughter left me so she ain't my daughter'' even though it was MC who told her to leave

stuff like that

Do you see any patterns in VNs regarding multiple ending quality? Are 1st endings okay, middle endings bad, last/true endings good?

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I feel bad for the people tgat want to play KH on the switch. I've heard nothing but bad things about the ports, and it serves Nintendo right for thinking they could ever run those games as wellnas PS can.

They're old as cluck games. Quit thinking the Switch is a glorified NES. There is absolutely no reason it can't run some second-rate PS2 titles at a stable 30 fps minimum. The Witcher 3 port, the Crysis port, there have been more recent, more graphically demanding games brought to Switch which, despite any realistic sacrifices, have played smoothly. 

Although I haven't read anything about the ports myself, I'd hedge my bets on either poor porting b/c Square is halfhearted with its support of Nintendo systems. Or, it's b/c lolcloud versions, and cloud gaming is a terrible idea. Although, poor cloud performance -irrespective of the junk that is the idea- that would partly be Nintendo's fault for a weak online infrastructure. -But then, there is no reason Square needed to cloud some PS2 games, just as there is no reason Dragon Quests IV-VI don't have their mobile versions on the Switch, or any versions of Final Fantasies I-VI.

I expected 0.2 and III to run like shit, as the graphics are way above what ninty can ever reach, along with the engine at the same time.

But c'mon? They cant run KH I or II? What a joke. Ninty doesnt know quality lmao.

IMG_20220122_193238.jpg

Can't forget the monthly playthrough. 

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Vanillaware good.

Indeed. Can't wait to start Odin Sphere. 

Literally the only reason i haven't yet is because i'm playing Fallen Order and i'm too lazy to swap out discs. 

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

You know a plot twist is good when it changes everything you’ve seen so far but everything just sort of clicks together when you see it. Natsuno’s storyline is good, the plot is good, this game is good.

True.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh, and another Kamitani interview can be found as part of a Muramasa preview found in this article. In case you're so interested.:

https://archive.org/details/Nintendo_Power_Issue_243_July_2009/page/n67/mode/2up

TIL the original Odin Sphere predated Muramasa.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Billie Eilish is good.

She sings way too quietly (at least from what i've heard of her) but i'd still say she's better than most 2010s artists.....which is the lowest of bars to clear.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Screen-Shot-2022-01-22-at-4-26-03-PM.png

🚫♨️ = 🙁

😆

The honesty in that last sentence lmao.

1 hour ago, Shrimpresident said:

MC acting like an idiot and thinking more with his lower part

MC in third route

20220122_193018.jpg

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, got an interview on Monday for another job prospect. I got a good feeling about this. It'd be a job involving using Solidworks. Got enough experience using that program under my belt...

Hope it goes well.

31 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I feel bad for the people tgat want to play KH on the switch. I've heard nothing but bad things about the ports, and it serves Nintendo right for thinking they could ever run those games as wellnas PS can.

It's not Nintendo's fault, it's Square Enix's.

And the Switch is 1000% capable of running everything before KH3 just fine. Square doing cloud versions is cringe.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If a gay guy, my interest has grown in the game.

Can confirm it's a gay guy.

Just now, Armagon said:

And the Switch is 1000% capable of running everything before KH3 just fine. Square doing cloud versions is cringe.

But its on Nintys console, the responsibility to be able to run a freakin PS2 game is kinda theirs. But as it stands, apparently they are way too complex for them, haha. 

That was 20 years ago KH 1 came out, its not that hard.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

But its on Nintys console, the responsibility to be able to run a freakin PS2 game is kinda theirs. But as it stands, apparently they are way too complex for them, haha. 

Or maybe Square Enix just made shit ports. 

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They're old as cluck games. Quit thinking the Switch is a glorified NES. There is absolutely no reason it can't run some second-rate PS2 titles at a stable 30 fps minimum. The Witcher 3 port, the Crysis port, there have been more recent, more graphically demanding games brought to Switch which, despite any realistic sacrifices, have played smoothly. 

Although I haven't read anything about the ports myself, I'd hedge my bets on either poor porting b/c Square is halfhearted with its support of Nintendo systems. Or, it's b/c lolcloud versions, and cloud gaming is a terrible idea. Although, poor cloud performance -irrespective of the junk that is the idea- that would partly be Nintendo's fault for a weak online infrastructure. -But then, there is no reason Square needed to cloud some PS2 games, just as there is no reason Dragon Quests IV-VI don't have their mobile versions on the Switch, or any versions of Final Fantasies I-VI.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Because it's not the original PS2 version.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/27/original-kingdom-hearts-assets-lost

The game assets are long lost. For the PS3 HD bundles they actually had to recreate them all from scratch.

"Kingdom Hearts 1 was created a long, long time ago, so actually the original data was missing already," he explained. "It was lost, so we had to research, and we had to dig out from the actual game what was available and recreate everything for HD. We had to recreate all the graphics and it was actually not that easy."

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Do you see any patterns in VNs regarding multiple ending quality? Are 1st endings okay, middle endings bad, last/true endings good?

Usually first route is usually a lore dump route or something similiar, and there's a popular term called ''first route syndrome'' to describe that, and the games getting stronger with more routes until peaking at last route. It's not rare to have dud routes tho

This is probably the first time i like first route more than 2nd or 3rd.

Well, 3 routes more to go after this

Edited by Shrimpresident

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The game assets are long lost. For the PS3 HD bundles they actually had to recreate them all from scratch.

Oh yeah i did hear about this.

Even then though, it's still clear that the ports are just poorly made. Just compare it to actually good Switch ports from any generation. Like the Switch port of DMC3 or DQ11.

36 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Zoom meeting of Italian government.

Random person on the internet.

Yeah.

Jesus Christ.

Can you imagine being in that meeting at the time? That has to be so embarrassing.

Those officials must have had one hell of a story to tell to their spouses afterwards.

Edited by GuardianSing

3 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

unless it's anime

then it get's banned

ef4.jpg

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I mean, the PS4 version runs fine...

Ok they still made bad Switch ports. Which isn't always the case. Again, look at DQ11. Great Switch port from Square Enix.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok they still made bad Switch ports. Which isn't always the case. Again, look at DQ11. Great Switch port from Square Enix.

Switch does not have the specs to run KH III at 60 fps. Not wothout killing the visual quality.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Switch does not have the specs to run KH III at 60 fps. Not wothout killing the visual quality.

I understand that. But this is not about KH3, because that's the only one where the cloud version is """justifiable""".

I'm talking about everything else. The Switch is an underpowered console but acting like it can't run KH1 or 2 or whatever because of specs is blowing it out of proportion. The Switch can absolutely run those games if the ports were made properly,  which they weren't. 

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

TIL the original Odin Sphere predated Muramasa.

Yep. Looking on Wikipedia, Muramasa's draft proposal was finished at the end of 2006, before Odin Sphere launched on May 16th, 2007.

It's because Atlus wasn't willing to give the OK for another game when Odin Sphere hadn't been dropped into the marketplace and determined a failure or success, that Marvelous (and Ignition Entertainment in the US, Rising Star Games in EU) published Muramasa instead. Meaning a rerelease of 13 Sentinels on Switch might be good omens for potential Odin Sphere or Dragon's Crown ports, but says nothing about whether Muramasa could be ported.

Also, the technical specs of the PS2 and Wii being similar explains why Muramasa got on the Wii. (Which reminds me how Sakura Wars 5 was on Wii and PS2.) It let them carry over their development experience from OS.

The honesty in that last sentence lmao.

According to a website interview I can't presently get the archived version of to load. Odin Sphere had bathing scenes that got cut (why'd Leifthrasir not add them?), and thus the idea carried over into Muramasa. Kamitani wasn't going to sacrifice his wet fantasy a second time.

Indeed. Can't wait to start Odin Sphere. 

Literally the only reason i haven't yet is because i'm playing Fallen Order and i'm too lazy to swap out discs. 

I getcha. While I actually like physical, switching Switch cards does make me grudgingly acknowledge the ease of digital.

Can confirm it's a gay guy.

😄

-I know I shouldn't be so drawn by the mere notion of non-offensive gay in a Japanese game. But I am.

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They'd probably just give him sunglasses and renamed him to Fuhrer.

You know I know that reference.😉

...And if that company ever defied the laws of the universe and sent said game to the colosseum or the dance floor, I would hope they would leave him out. He isn't strictly necessary at all, and can easily be replaced with a proper substitute in such a spinoff.

46 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Even so, it shouldn't be a problem for Switch. To quote one Witcher 3 Switch port review.:

Spoiler

Speaking of jank, The Witcher 3 launched with performance issues on consoles back in 2015, and while they were fixed bit by bit, it's always been clear that this is a technically demanding game. It's by some miracle, then, that The Witcher 3 runs as well as it does on Switch. The visuals have obviously taken a substantial hit -- more on that in a minute -- but again, this is the full, uncut experience running on significantly weaker hardware.

Let's start with the frame rate. Capped at 30 frames per second both in handheld and docked modes, the release is surprisingly smooth. Galloping at speed through the open world, we only noticed very minor drops. It's honestly hard to fault performance during regular gameplay -- transitioning between exploration, combat, and conversation is pretty much flawless, and the title's few load screens are quite short. Having said all that, there are times when the frame rate briefly falls off a cliff. This usually happens during especially busy cutscenes, or when you're taking in the sights of a detailed location, like the bustling city of Novigrad. It's rough, but perhaps expected.

Slightly inconsistent frame rate aside, sacrifices have, of course, been made to achieve this level of performance. There's a distinct blurriness to The Witcher 3 on Switch, and although it doesn't stop the game's top notch art direction from shining through, it does take the edge off certain environments, and it can even be difficult to pick out distant enemies or read an opponent's actions in battle. This is less noticeable when playing docked, but the trade-off is that on a bigger display, muddy textures and asset pop-in stand out a lot more. There are a wealth of settings to tweak before starting Witcher 3 and it'll depend on personal preference if you think Motion Blur settings and the like improve the visual experience or not.

But make no mistake, this is still a lovely looking RPG when it wants to be. The world oozes atmosphere with dynamic weather effects. Trees sway in the wind, storms light up the sky, and stunning sunsets will have you mashing your Switch's capture button. And adding to all of this is a superb soundtrack, stuffed with incredible ambient music and a selection of intense battle themes.

Porting an HD versions of the old KH games, regardless of whether their code is old or made of freshly caught & chopped sashimi, should present no real technical problems for the Switch. It's a matter of developer effort. And Square doesn't truly care about Nintendo.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Armagon said:

I understand that. But this is not about KH3, because that's the only one where the cloud version is """justifiable""".

I'm talking about everything else. The Switch is an underpowered console but acting like it can't run KH1 or 2 or whatever because of specs is blowing it out of proportion. The Switch can absolutely run those games if the ports were made properly,  which they weren't. 

0.2 runs the same engine as III, though...

Till they can prove to me otherwise, i'm gonna have to day its kinda a waste of money over the PS4 version. Which runs 60 fps and actually plays.

(Which reminds me how Sakura Wars 5 was on Wii and PS2.)

Sakura Wars came to Nintendo once. The more you know.

While I actually like physical, switching Switch cards does make me grudgingly acknowledge the ease of digital.

On the flip side, Switch is the only one where digital gaming is feasible. All other platforms make their games too heavy. Like the only digital games i have on my PS4 are small ones like 13 Sentinels, the Gravity Rush duology, Castlevania Requiem.

Porting an HD versions of the old KH games, regardless of whether their code is old or made of freshly caught & chopped sashimi, should present no real technical problems for the Switch. It's a matter of developer effort. And Square doesn't truly care about Nintendo.

Correct. The cloud versions are just Square being lazy and even if KH3 is the only time it's justifiable, if you need a cloud version to run a game, then maybe it shouldn't be on that platform to begin with.

Honestly,  i think i can see what happened. Sora got into Smash and Square saw an opportunity to make a quick buck without actually putting in the effort. The result? Cloud versions of old games with timed demos that don't actually let you even try the game.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

0.2 runs the same engine as III, though...

Ok two games out of how many?

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Till they can prove to me otherwise, i'm gonna have to day its kinda a waste of money over the PS4 version. Which runs 60 fps and actually plays.

Oh for sure.

But my point all this time was that the shitty ports are the fault or Square Enix and not the Switch's specs.

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok two games out of how many?

Thats not the point, point is, if you cant run it right, dont do it at all. Not questions asked.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But my point all this time was that the shitty ports are the fault or Square Enix and not the Switch's specs.

I'm still not sure, but eh, it's gonna be a agree to disagree moment.