Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Cluny: Feared commander of an army actively besieging a monastery who'll do whatever it takes to win, is  cruel to all he meets and has massacred multitudes maliciously.

Also Cluny: Burnt literally and verbally by a 13 year old who doesn't even fight.

Ah, media, where teens can be thrust into greatness.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

TFW the planned one hour nap turned into three.

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Speaking of, I would like if Star Wars was less averse to making lightsabers that weren't blue, green, or red. The original trilogy had an excuse since there were only a few of them, but the rest of the series doesn't. Even Mace Windu's lightsaber is only purple because Samuel L. Jackson requested it. Couldn't Leia's lightsaber be indigo or something?

This is why Force Unleashed and it's sequel were based, you had a variety of different colors, including white and black.

On a side note, i am actually kinda disappointed that whatever lightsaber color you pick in Fallen Order is universal. Cal's got a double-bladed lightsaber that he can detach into two, let me pick two separate colors Respawn.

4 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

Let me see

Screenshot_6487.png?width=485&height=432

Horny isn't maxed out but fashion is. Incorrect.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Why be a Waifu if you can be a Dark Souls boss.

https://en.shindanmaker.com/859594

Screenshot_6488.png?width=474&height=432

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

I just got to 100% completion in Juro’s story, even though I had some blank spots on the flow chart. They simply got filled with “memory correction” when I go to look at them. Did I miss something? What does that mean? I can still go back and see any content I might have missed, but that’s not the greatest hint I’ve ever seen

13 Sentinels spoilers (but Sooks has already gotten past this point so he can click on this)

Spoiler

Oh that's basically you chose the wrong thing and what's his face zapped Juro's memory of it. Basically a "try again".

1 hour ago, Shrimpresident said:

MC betrayed everything and everyone he knew for a girl he used to know

20220122_193018.jpg

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just love that she's called fucking Rain. That sounds like such an Engrish name. Is there even a reason in-universe for that?

It's anime Ruben.

58 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

And the next line is even worse AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA who the fuck wrote this route? 

At the risk of regretting this, what's the line?

18 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

@Armagon I have a question about Ryza 2: 

Is there a way to check my materials i've gathered before I put them into the bank as i enter the room?

Yes, i believe it asks you if you want to check the contents when you return.

Alternatively, just check your basket while you're on the field.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hey, you're Pinwheel!

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is why Force Unleashed and it's sequel were based, you had a variety of different colors, including white and black.

Dang, a white or black lightsaber would look really neat.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

It looked pretty neat in Force Unleashed I as I recall, the black one was a very late unlock.

The Darksaber from the Mandalorian looks sick too.

Edited by Dayni

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

.... beats me...

VJv19kI.png

lmaooooooooooooooo

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

TFW the planned one hour nap turned into three

3real5me

accurate

20220122_193018.jpg

Route 3

At the risk of regretting this, what's the line?

something along the lines of ''I have no qualms that you cheated on Rain with Chinatsu'' From Rain's father directly after he said he wished Chinatsu or Kou were his kids instead

pcCNnLI.png

All that while in this route Rain is not MCs lover and he is the one who cut her off after he betrayed everyone lol 

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Poor parents, they never get any love in media. It's either a mom who's dead or a dad who's a dick.

You've never played Rune Factory then. It's a joke that every game in the franchise has to have a mother character who is beautiful, but, unfortunately, is too old or married for the player to romance.

Hey now, sometimes the moms aren't dead, sometimes they get in on the villainy too. And, sometimes the dad is evil, but not really evil. Or, dad's an NPC hero and he dies too. Or you have multiple things if a character has both a genetic dad and an adoptive dad. Wonderful.

I'm trying to think of standout not-dead/evil/sacrificial video game parents, but I'm presently drawing a bit of a blank. I'll give points to FE6!Bartre, being a rare case of a playable parent with their child in the same fighting force. But beyond him, the only person who readily comes to mind is Gena from Baten Kaitos: Origins, she's a nice, if cliched NPC.

-Okay, FE does have other examples (such as Garcia, and Niime as a grandparent) but none are quite as notable to me as Bartre (though Niime is a good character in her own right) specifically in the parent role. Honestly, FE is a bit better than RPGs (all the broad genres that term encompasses) with parents, due to larger casts leaving more room for playable character diversity.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

On a side note, i am actually kinda disappointed that whatever lightsaber color you pick in Fallen Order is universal. Cal's got a double-bladed lightsaber that he can detach into two, let me pick two separate colors Respawn.

Random thought- has there ever been a prismatic color-changing lightsaber? Or would one that gradually changes color like the RGB keyboard I'm presently typing on be limited to nerdy parody?

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

Light and dark lightsabers do exist within canon (Ahsoka has two white lightsabers and whoever currently wields the Darksaber) but in Force Unleashed 2, you got to customize both iirc.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The Darksaber from the Mandalorian looks sick too.

It was first introduced in Clone Wars, wielded by Pre Vizla of the Mandalorian terror group Death Watch (of which Bo Katan was originally part of). Darth Maul obtained it after he struck down Vizla but at some point he lost it. It passed on to Sabine in Rebels before she gave it to Bo Katan and you know the rest from there.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

something along the lines of ''I have no qualms that you cheated on Rain with Chinatsu'' From Rain's father directly after he said he wished Chinatsu or Kou were his kids instead

Bruh.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Random thought- has there ever been a prismatic color-changing lightsaber?

Nope, as the kyber crystals that power them usually come in a pre-determined color. Fallen Order does suggest that you can change the color by angling but this is the only instance of that ever happening....and it's more likely a gameplay thing than actually being able to change the color.

That being said, kyber crystals can change color through other means. A kyber crystal can become red when exposed to the corruption of the Dark Side (hence why all Dark Side users used red lightsabers). After killing an Inquisitor, Ahsoka took his lightsabers and purified it, turning the crystal white. Hence, her white lightsabers.

Area 3 battle 2 would be fun in theory but they don’t adjust for the fact that, as the mechanic stands, getting S-rank in that battle is literally what and then it stops being fun.

Anyway, character called Rain >>>>>>>> character called Wazy Hemisphere.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yes, i believe it asks you if you want to check the contents when you return.

When I try this, it only lets me check the very first item on the list, i cant scroll the cursor at all.

Edited by lightcosmo

Just now, Armagon said:

It was first introduced in Clone Wars, wielded by Pre Vizla of the Mandalorian terror group Death Watch (of which Bo Katan was originally part of). Darth Maul obtained it after he struck down Vizla but at some point he lost it. It passed on to Sabine in Rebels before she gave it to Bo Katan and you know the rest from there.

I have not watched Clone Wars beyond the downright strange trilogy of episodes where the Force has literal personifications for the light and dark sides and it's all metaphor for the Force by the end of the OT.

Naturally I have a lot of catch up to do.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Seen "Saint Rubenio" already?

Good point.

Saint Rubenio is apparently... of the Fourth Order of God of Reclaimed Birthright, with big cheatiness, moderate difficulty, low phases. As for the waifunator, I am an S-tier waifu known for being cute online all day. Ironically, my cute is moderate, while loving and teasing are through the roof. No horny, no sense of fashion... And I'm attractive? Yeah no it's broken again.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't remind me...

Screenshot_6491.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_6493.png?width=769&height=432

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Area 3 battle 2 would be fun in theory but they don’t adjust for the fact that, as the mechanic stands, getting S-rank in that battle is literally what and then it stops being fun.

You could always go back to it later and get the S-rank then.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

When I try this, it only lets me check the very first item on the list, i can scroll the cursor at all.

Hmm. I'll boot up the game later and see what's up.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I have not watched Clone Wars beyond the downright strange trilogy of episodes where the Force has literal personifications for the light and dark sides and it's all metaphor for the Force by the end of the OT.

Ah, the Mortis Arc. One of my favorites.

In the timeline where we got the original script of Episode 9, the climax would've been on Mortis.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Considering the title and stats, pretty sure I’m the secret joke boss.

Hey, you're better thanhalf of Dark Souls 2's bosses, then.

Edited by Benice

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You've never played Rune Factory then. It's a joke that every game in the franchise has to have a mother character who is beautiful, but, unfortunately, is too old or married for the player to romance.

Hey now, sometimes the moms aren't dead, sometimes they get in on the villainy too. And, sometimes the dad is evil, but not really evil. Or, dad's an NPC hero and he dies too. Or you have multiple things if a character has both a genetic dad and an adoptive dad. Wonderful.

I'm trying to think of standout not-dead/evil/sacrificial video game parents, but I'm presently drawing a bit of a blank. I'll give points to FE6!Bartre, being a rare case of a playable parent with their child in the same fighting force. But beyond him, the only person who readily comes to mind is Gena from Baten Kaitos: Origins, she's a nice, if cliched NPC.

-Okay, FE does have other examples (such as Garcia, and Niime as a grandparent) but none are quite as notable to me as Bartre (though Niime is a good character in her own right) specifically in the parent role. Honestly, FE is a bit better than RPGs (all the broad genres that term encompasses) with parents, due to larger casts leaving more room for playable character diversity.

Aye true, but those are the exceptions, not the rule.

I was going to mention the many parents in Awakening but even they died horribly in the bleak future, much to the grief and character development of the children. Fates still might be okay.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You could always go back to it later and get the S-rank then.

The problem isn’t that my characters aren’t strong enough, it’s that it absolutely floods the field with tanky enemies and those little aerial missiles that go straight to the terminal to the point where taking a small amount of damage is like… not possible?

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The problem isn’t that my characters aren’t strong enough, it’s that it absolutely floods the field with tanky enemies and those little aerial missiles that go straight to the terminal to the point where taking a small amount of damage is like… not possible?

Upgrade your stats. Deploy anti-air flares. Use EMPs. Shinonome's a bonus condition character for this and she has sentries. The more of this, the better. Missile Rain. Demolition Blade.

I'd replay the mission myself but unfortunately i am too strong.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Interesting anime you watch

Indeed

T27Gp4LBRw4hPNG0.gif

Based Marin Kitagawa.

Like deadass i think this is the most expressive anime character (not in a movie) i've seen in a long time.

Edited by Armagon