Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You mean Shantae?

Others have already corrected you on the developer. I'll acknowledge that yes, Shantae does have some skimpy clothing stuff, but I wouldn't call it a fanservice-platformer franchise. Clothing aside, it's pretty kid-friendly, and has the vibe of a nice, silly American cartoon. It's an odd juxtaposition, I can't think of anything else like it.

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FJ45ljyXoAUXYqR?format=jpg&name=large

This is a very cool piece. Mythra wearing Xenoblade X armor is an interesting choice and the Overdrive counter at max adds to the tension of the (already won) arm wrestle here.

Curious about the empty white space to Zenobia's left tho.

Here's the sauce.

Zenobia + Mythra aside, this feels pretty random. Why Middle-Aged Racist Otaku with the two Blades? And why arm-wrestling? East Asia Fetishizer would make me think something like the game of go instead.

Randomness can be refreshing though. There is amusement to be had from seeing unexpected combinations working out. A fanart of Jin and Nagi would be rather plain (if still possibly cool), why not Jin and *picks first name to enter my mind* ...Mia?

I do like throwing Mythra in the XCX armor, even stuff as utilitarian as (which is good in its own right when anime armor is so often impractical) Sakuraba Heavy Wear (Male). I'll take Zeke in Meredith Light Wear next. And maybe Poppi QT🥧 cosplays as the Ares.

20 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Note: MC was under the effect of a sex drug to trick a certain drug detection machine xD

As soon as I saw the "Proudly talk of incest" dialogue earlier, I thought this was coming.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Well, aslong as the story is good i will shut my eye over this, especially since they are *adopted* cousins anyway.

You missed the backstory where she had her DNA altered to align more closely with her soulmate. Blood type and horoscope are overrated, true compatibility is in your genes.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Others have already corrected you on the developer.

I already knew it, I just brought it up because it fit the description.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll acknowledge that yes, Shantae does have some skimpy clothing stuff, but I wouldn't call it a fanservice-platformer franchise. Clothing aside, it's pretty kid-friendly, and has the vibe of a nice, silly American cartoon. It's an odd juxtaposition, I can't think of anything else like it.

True. I've only played Pirate's Curse, but for a game where everyone runs around in bikinis, it was surprisingly light on the dumb sexy nonsense.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You missed the backstory where she had her DNA altered to align more closely with her soulmate. Blood type and horoscope are overrated, true compatibility is in your genes.

....is this a thing somewhere?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Others have already corrected you on the developer. I'll acknowledge that yes, Shantae does have some skimpy clothing stuff, but I wouldn't call it a fanservice-platformer franchise. Clothing aside, it's pretty kid-friendly, and has the vibe of a nice, silly American cartoon. It's an odd juxtaposition, I can't think of anything else like it.

It does have it's minor moments from the games I've finished (Pirate's Curse and Half-Genie Hero), but both games are comedic about it.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

True. I've only played Pirate's Curse, but for a game where everyone runs around in bikinis, it was surprisingly light on the dumb sexy nonsense.

I mean, Rottytops.

especially since they are *adopted* cousins anyway.

Cowards.

And why arm-wrestling?

Zenobia and Mythra have a rivalry according to the former's Heart-to-Heart.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

RUJKVia.png

She looks like she found weed paradise.

Just now, Dayni said:

I mean, Rottytops.

I did say surprisingly light, not completely light. It could've been way worse, is what I'm saying.

Also I'll admit the hip swaying at the beat of her extremely catchy theme was neat, not for horny reasons, I know you're going to bonk me regardless, but I'll say it anyway

I respect Shantae for that. We're often very scared of showing too much skin in our media, so when a game like Shantae comes around and presents it like a normal thing without drawing attention to the "sexiness" of it, it's a very nice breath of fresh air, like using the swastika as a buddhist symbol of peace and goodwill instead of...well, you know.

....is this a thing somewhere?

No, I thought of it on the spot. Somebody shouldn't run with it.

I was inspired in part by reading years ago that somebody in Iceland, due to its small population in the middle of nowhere, made an app that lets you check how related you are to a potential spouse. -Except that was to prevent accidental incest.

That, and sci-fi setting. Why couldn't nanomachines in science-fiction go about journeying to every cell in your body making alterations to the Adenine-Thymine and Guanine-Cytosine bonds that define who you are?

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Zenobia and Mythra have a rivalry according to the former's Heart-to-Heart.

I remember that, and it's spoilers location. But was wondering specifically why arm-wrestling in the fanart. -It makes sense as an easy test of physical strength, but it nonetheless contributed to the overall randomness of the artwork.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I did say surprisingly light, not completely light. It could've been way worse, is what I'm saying.

The fact that a zombie is going on about eating someone and it can be read figuratively is definitely intended on the writers.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also I'll admit the hip swaying at the beat of her extremely catchy theme was neat, not for horny reasons, I know you're going to bonk me regardless, but I'll say it anyway

I went to look and.... I'm not going to make a fuss of it.

That amount of movement seemed off for the scene considering she was supposedly bitten and needed to be carried, so that's just more suspicious. Which is straight up confirmed afterwards.

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I respect Shantae for that. We're often very scared of showing too much skin in our media, so when a game like Shantae comes around and presents it like a normal thing without drawing attention to the "sexiness" of it, it's a very nice breath of fresh air, like using the swastika as a buddhist symbol of peace and goodwill instead of...well, you know.

This is true, but it helps there that they aren't being provocative with how they frame things. It's probably a you thing if you think so though, even with the literal swimsuit mode in HGH (which yes, that is a thing)

But on the Swastika, where I admittedly looked on the Wikipedia page for a minute, it does have other names (Including old terms for them before swastika was adopted in English) and of course still is used in many of the larger eastern faiths.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was inspired in part by reading years ago that somebody in Iceland, due to its small population in the middle of nowhere, made an app that lets you check how related you are to a potential spouse. -Except that was to prevent accidental incest.

Small populations do make me wonder how lost tribes still manage to get around. We can never truly know because contacting them = risk of exposing them to diseases that could wipe them from the face of the Earth. But it's still something to think about. Life finds a way i guess.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

T41KXG2.png

The expressions on that girl......give a very different impression.

39 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

All it took is MC not thinking with his lower parts ic

Don't think with the wrong head.

On Chapter 6 of Sky SC, seeing Estelle sass the main villains is a magical experience. She truly is a chad.

Also, when you beat the enemies you aren't expected to win against:

Spoiler

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

The truth is, Gilbert underestimated the power of offensive food.

It would have been nice of Joshua to rejoin before this fight, but better late than never. We just learned his tragic backstory, so I can cut him some slack.

Although, I wonder why they brought back Gilbert of all people as an Ouroboros minion. Maybe Falcom just thought it was funny?

It was truly sadistic of Falcom to make a "battle you aren't expected to win" with a time limit, but they couldn't conquer me this time. My second-to-last try had the time limit run out when the last enemy had only a sliver of health left, so I didn't take any chances the last time around.