• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

50 degrees after playing for a while.

122 Fahrenheit hmmm. Depends on if your PC is built for that. But i do not think it is normal.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

good god this girl

backstabbing everyone's kindness for orders everytime, to the very end

Chinatsu

f48ff6788b636c39117b0e8fb0b4f3d0.jpg

On 1/23/2022 at 2:52 PM, Shrimpresident said:

That horny score is a lie!

I can't be the only one with 10 in horny lol

Seems your prayers got answered

gpXx0Ih.png

Somehow I'm hornier than Asmodeus himself while bashing on simps. The denial layers are thicc.

Also, seems like hoodies and sweatpants are peak waifu fashion. 

T84Tnfc.png

I usually hate that line, but loooooooool

3 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Somehow I'm hornier than Asmodeus himself while bashing on simps. The denial layers are thicc.

To bash simps you need to be the ultimate simp!

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Also, r-word use in a translation, even by a crude evil character is... open to argument I suppose?

I thought it might've been an old game and...the game is old, came out in 2009. But it wasn't released in English until 2019. So uhhh...it may not get the old translation pass like FF7 did.

image0.jpg

😐

Not even surprised tbh.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Gonna be honest, I don't remember (if I ever learned it) when that change happened.

Tbh, i don't either. I remember people used it a lot in middle school (including myself) but then i guess it became considered a slur. Or maybe it always was and we were just edgy middle schoolers who didn't know any better.

Just now, Armagon said:

I thought it might've been an old game and...the game is old, came out in 2009. But it wasn't released in English until 2019. So uhhh...it may not get the old translation pass like FF7 did.

So I'm not mistaken then that the r-word now deemed offensive to the mentally and neurologically diverse is being avoided in video game translations. I wasn't entirely sure if it was.

VNs being a very niche genre with mountains of text means I wouldn't be surprised by shoddy translations in the least. Or minor slip-ups in a sea of good translation. (And as an aside, I've counted like three r-word uses in LA3- somebody didn't edit those out of the machine translation.)

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So I'm not mistaken then that the r-word now deemed offensive to the mentally and neurologically diverse is being avoided in video game translations. I wasn't entirely sure if it was.

I mean up until i saw it used in Baldr Sky, the only game i was ever aware that used the word was FF7. 

I mean maybe GTA has it idk.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

😐

Not even surprised tbh.

Agree on not being surprised by the No votes... but what I do wonder is what's the deal on those five non-voters.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

image0.jpg

😐

Not even surprised tbh.

Seriously? How hasn't the US realized voting in favor of these UN assertions means absolutely nothing about society, culture, and economics has to actually change? Does it not realize how many corrupt and or inept regimes across the political spectrum have voted in favor of these? It's all purely paper promises.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Seriously? How hasn't the US realized voting in favor of these UN assertions means absolutely nothing about society, culture, and economics has to actually change? Does it not realize how many corrupt and or inept regimes across the political spectrum have voted in favor of these? It's all purely paper promises.

You never know, someone might've used that Yes vote to keep bringing up the issue at home, and we know the billionaires and politicians can't have that.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

VNs being a very niche genre with mountains of text means I wouldn't be surprised by shoddy translations in the least. Or minor slip-ups in a sea of good translation. (And as an aside, I've counted like three r-word uses in LA3- somebody didn't edit those out of the machine translation.)

Question is: should bad guys use 'bad' words in media?

I have no problem aslong as it's a bad guy or the media in question doesn't paint the use of the word in a positive light.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

image0.jpg

Murica and Israel always sticking together, as usual.

23 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

I have no problem aslong as it's a bad guy or the media in question doesn't paint the use of the word in a positive light.

Fair point. I'm on the fence on the matter.

Although, if bad guys are to use the verboten offensive-to-specific-groups words, then I'd say don't have them repeat them with too much frequency, selective usage (paired with voice acting with gusto) could pack more of a punch.

23 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Murica and Israel always sticking together, as usual.

This reminds me, like a week ago, I was reading that what is probably the world's oldest continuously operating soup kitchen is in Jerusalem. Officially chartered in 1552 by Ottoman Sultan Suleiman I "the Magnificent/Lawgiver" in the name of his wife (Roxalana to Europeans, Hurrem Sultan her official Ottoman title), it remains in operation to this day. It resides in what is the largest non-religious building in Jerusalem's Old City. And feeds about 200 Palestinian Arab families of 6-7 people on average in the post-Covid era (about 135 families pre-Covid), more than 1000 people, on a daily basis.

Just trying to counter some of the negativity with a positive living history factoid.🙂

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Man, even on severe sleep deprivation I can only get a couple hours and my body just throws me awake for no reason. Why? Why does this happen? This had a pretty big effect on my performance in school, I’d rather not have this happen again when I’m actually giving myself more than adequate time to sleep. Brain, body… why?

1 hour ago, Lorneus said:

hoodies and sweatpants

So incredibly based.

38 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

So the person from the screenshot is a bad guy? That’s better, at least.

Anyway, depends on how it’s portrayed. Baldr’s Sky takes place in a fictional setting, no? The reason these words are “bad” is due to the historical connotations and usage against groups that historically have faced and as a result probably still face some sort of persecution or oppression that makes using them, as not a member of whatever group, makes you come across as someone that just does not care about all of that, or worse, actively thinks people the word applies to are less than/worse. This immediately resonates with people in our world in the audience, who are already familiar with this, but by bringing it outside of this historical context and having it just thrown around casually, even by a villain, does not illustrate why it’s problematic enough to say anything about their character, nor does it make it obvious that it’s bad just because bad guy said it, which I do think is something that should be at least considered with this particular word which, unfortunately, seems to still be used commonly by whoever. Over here it is, anyway. So, ultimately, I don’t think it adds enough to justify its usage here, seems very pointless to just add a “wow, he is bad” moment in a very tasteless way if I want to believe it was intentional… or the translators just didn’t know any better, which I find more believable.

Edited by Sooks