• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That would've been awesome. It would have made fighting the other students actually interesting, since you'd actually get to know them beforehand. As it is, you don't really start feeling things until you replay and have to fight your former team... If you don't recruit them, that is.

I see people say this, and I then I think of a certain game I've played. When the heroes split, you always have to fight the rest. But, upon being defeated, you can then try to persuade them to your side -but only if you've bonded enough with them, and then answer a token question or two correctly. It seems like such a natural solution that I'm amazed to read 3H didn't use it.

Of course, the circumstances in that game that brought forth the division were still serious, but sufficiently different that recruiting almost everyone seemed reasonable.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well Sooks, here's the thing, that happened in 1983 when all people really knew was Vader and not Anakin. All the context didn't come until decades later and yeah, it'd be fun to speculate what would've happened in Anakin didn't die on the second Death Star. But like, we can't really change that.

I mean, yeah, but it’s not like it had to be some sort of payoff for all the context we got later. It would have been cool, yeah, but not necessary or likely.

43 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:
Sooks, are you familiar with Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Zuko’s redemption within?

Yes, that’s why I brought it up.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

My favourite reply:

My favorite was this:

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Brigand Boss has been an option for years. Don't ask me why. I'm just glad to be able to throw my man Haitaka a vote.

People should have rallied under him

59 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes, that’s why I brought it up.

You have achieved victory through the awesome power of your Culture. Your civilization's greatness the magnificence of its monuments and the power of its artists have astounded the world! Poets will honor you for as long as beauty brings gladness to a weary heart text

We will never something as good as this again...

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I wish my day off was tomorrow so i could spend the whole day playing Luminous Avenger iX 2.

Do what we all did during school days where game releases came: fake being sick. Xd

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I see people say this, and I then I think of a certain game I've played. When the heroes split, you always have to fight the rest. But, upon being defeated, you can then try to persuade them to your side -but only if you've bonded enough with them, and then answer a token question or two correctly. It seems like such a natural solution that I'm amazed to read 3H didn't use it.

Of course, the circumstances in that game that brought forth the division were still serious, but sufficiently different that recruiting almost everyone seemed reasonable.

Hmm. Game being?

58 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

People should have rallied under him

Would've been more interesting than what has happened.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmm. Game being?

Yet again...

OIP.Vg0k6bG7dXAZoUUXgfC3jQHaGq?w=183&h=1

To provide story and gameplay context, throwing it spoilers in case anyone here is interested in the game (you wouldn't be, I assure you) and I'm mentioning some lategame spoilers...

Spoiler

First the heroes don't separate until Saturday, which is the last full day in the game. So unlike Three Houses, the faction vs. faction/different routes stuff isn't as important.

Second, the heroes cannot possibly fight on for five years. Thanks to actions taken on Friday to defeat its immediate threat, they have three days at most before humanity is gone forever.

Third, the heroes fight each other because to confront the entity behind the present crisis, humanity must speak with one voice, with one goal in mind. That's the purpose of the little civil war on Saturday.

Fourth, rules are established on Friday night for the "contest". Each of the three established factions gets an HQ in one city, if a person loses, they don't have to join the other team, but they have to drop out of the contest. (The MC if they so desire can fight for a fourth cause, completely unexpected by practically everyone.)

Fifth, in gameplay, if the silent protagonist has a Fate Level of 4 or 5 (the highest) with a character, they can rerecruit them on Saturday after they're defeated. Assuming that character wasn't already on their team (you're given a clear idea of who will join who on Friday- it isn't cut & paste from the game's start). Three individuals of the 13 have limitations on their being recruited if you didn't side with them. And one character b/c buddy buddy with the MC has a super-duper lenient lowered Fate level requirement, but only if you picked the fourth option.

Like the rest of the game, it was an aspect I enjoyed. Not the most elaborate, but it was overall enjoyable despite any criticisms I might have.

All right, it took... longer than it should've due to burn out, but I've finally obtained the legendary Vandal Hearts. With this, I need only to beat the last few maps and I'm good for the best ending.

...YES it's not locked to the main character. I can hand it over to Pike. The baldman with the goggles is going to wield the ultimate power.

Best game.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yet again...

OIP.Vg0k6bG7dXAZoUUXgfC3jQHaGq?w=183&h=1

I like the dramatic chest board throwing gesture.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I like the dramatic chest board throwing gesture.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the game itself. IDK why they ran with it, but it does make for decent boxart I suppose.😛

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, it took... longer than it should've due to burn out, but I've finally obtained the legendary Vandal Hearts. With this, I need only to beat the last few maps and I'm good for the best ending.

...YES it's not locked to the main character. I can hand it over to Pike. The baldman with the goggles is going to wield the ultimate power.

Best game.

Exactly how does one wield the blood-pumping organ of barbarians? Chuck it at enemies and hope they faint of shock at having had a pulsating lump of oozing red smacked against their face? Feels a tad forced for a weapon's name.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Hey man, i might get through it.

I suppose... The earlygame's main path ain't too taxing, I suppose, but this game got as much game journalist criticism for difficulty as any Souls game. I don't personally find it harder because you have so many tools to progress with and the game teaches you really well how to play the game, but it sure ain't easy, and there's no difficulty modes or summoning other people to help for this one.

Still, I can highly recommend it. It's beautiful, feels great to play and is unique-just be prepared to learn, 'cause I dunno how far dodging gets ya in this one.

(Also, if you beat lord Grenwich Meantime on your first attempt, you're legally insane)

It is also worth noting that Fallen Order is basically Star Wars' version of Sekiro, so you might breeze along the earlygame with the skills you've got from there.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

EA didn't make it lol. They just published it.

Most things EA touches have Gatcha, though, so this is good.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That'd make the choice a lot more interesting.

Yeah.

'Morning, everyone! I hope you're all having a nice day.

Edited by Benice

Eyyy, I can upgrade my computer to Windows 11!

How about no.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the game itself. IDK why they ran with it, but it does make for decent boxart I suppose.😛

Pfft.

Exactly how does one wield the blood-pumping organ of barbarians? Chuck it at enemies and hope they faint of shock at having had a pulsating lump of oozing red smacked against their face? 

Well... the sword's blade is green, which seems to confirm that brigands have green blood. Meaning Spanish people are actually aliens. The more you know.

Feels a tad forced for a weapon's name.

Well, I mean, it's named after the game. Now the question is, where did the game's title come from...

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

I suppose... The earlygame's main path ain't too taxing, I suppose, but this game got as much game journalist criticism for difficulty as any Souls game. I don't personally find it harder because you have so many tools to progress with and the game teaches you really well how to play the game, but it sure ain't easy, and there's no difficulty modes or summoning other people to help for this one.

Hmm. Perhaps if they make it a PS+ game. Although maybe the price itself has gone down.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Hmm. Perhaps if they make it a PS+ game. Although maybe the price itself has gone down.

I don't know how often Sekiro goes on sale; I know that Dark Souls 2 and 3 (Same devs, different publisher) go on sale rather frequently and that Sekiro was on sale during the holiday season, but it is, alas, full AAA. It does look pretty good, even though this screenshot doesn't really do it justice.

PjbaHqb.png

https://images2.imgbox.com/2d/93/LP9ujlIo_o.png

This is it. Now all I have to do is beat the final three maps, sit back and watch the best ending.

I know I've said it a million times already, but Vandal Hearts 2 is an amazing game. Do play it if you find the time.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

I don't know how often Sekiro goes on sale; I know that Dark Souls 2 and 3 (Same devs, different publisher) go on sale rather frequently and that Sekiro was on sale during the holiday season, but it is, alas, full AAA

A quick google search shows Sekiro at $20 at GameStop.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I know I've said it a million times already, but Vandal Hearts 2 is an amazing game. Do play it if you find the time.

Is your new location "Pike is the best Fire Emblem character", then?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

A quick google search shows Sekiro at $20 at GameStop.

Nice.

I suppose if I can't get a proper job I can always fall back on being my mother's assistant. She got assigned a math class to teach... which means I'm the one to solve the problems so she can explain them to the class...

Dang it, the game got stuck loading after the final boss died. That's the second time this has happened in both of my runs. I'm going to blame my careless use of emulator speed up for it again.

Ah, it's okay. I'm so broken that I can cheese these final maps and beat them in five minutes. Let's do it again.

IGN Italy giving Pokenon Legends Arceus a 5/10 because it's "too hard" like damn bro, imagine being that bad at video games.

Like it's either that or Legends Arceus is the first Pokemon game in years to actually have a challenge. 

Edited by Armagon