Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IGN Italy giving Pokenon Legends Arceus a 5/10 because it's "too hard" like damn bro, imagine being that bad at video games.

Like it's either that or Legends Arceus is the first Pokemon game in years to actually have a challenge. 

Did they compared it with Dark Souls again?

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

IGN Italy giving Pokenon Legends Arceus a 5/10 because it's "too hard" like damn bro, imagine being that bad at video games.

Like it's either that or Legends Arceus is the first Pokemon game in years to actually have a challenge. 

It can't be as hard as Cuphead's tutorial can it?

Okay, so this is annoying. It appears I am completely unable to proceed to the ending of Vandal Hearts 2, for... some undiscernible reason.

I mean, it doesn't matter. It's just cutscenes past that point. Eh. I guess I'll watch the best ending online. Game's still amazing. I just wish I knew why this is happening.

...All right! There we go, I got it to work. I made a save state right before finishing the final boss. I resetted the emulator, loaded that, speed up through the cutscene, and the next cutscene loaded correctly this time. I don't understand anything, but it works now, at least. What a strangely specific place to start having emulator issues....

That hard, huh? Does that mean they actually have you do fistfights with Machokes and therelike?

I knew they could chase you, but I thought it would just trigger a random encounter or something.

Edited by BrightBow

Verdure-Witch.png

Petite Verdure Witch meets the mighty minimal Nature Magi/Witch of the Pandora lineage.

Still not done with Luminous Arc 3, grinding a bunch b/c I did took longer than expected. And I decided to give the first of the witch hot springs battles a try. Two battles against each LA2 witch + an army of Kopins (the franchise's mascot creatures) almost entirely of their element, you can leave the springs after each witch and it won't reset. Not complicated, nor that long a process I think. After these, it's onto the final battle.

While I had read that you get to give a character a small boost to all their stats after completing the battles against the witch matching their attribute, I didn't know the context behind it. When a game already gives each character two bath events in the school setting, I was thinking the hot springs wouldn't involve an actual soak.

Nope, I was wrong. Levi and the elementally aligned character have to bathe in the magical springs, twice. And on the second dip, Levi has to touch the Magi in what Luna called their "precious place" -and only clarified a minute later that she meant their Lapis, the magic rock embedded in every awoken Magi. These can be located on the chest, abdomen, shoulders, hand, forehead, or lower leg, thankfully nowhere else it seems. Since Levi b/c Twin Lapis Man is special, he becomes the conduit through which the LA2 witch transfers her magic to the other character via their Lapis.

Pop is Nature elemental, there are two Nature Magi, and I can only choose to bathe with one of them. (Apparently if I want to boost the other character, I have to run through the witch battles a second time, I'm not going to do that.) Therefore, I must decide whether Levi will bathe with the Perv Guy or the 13-year-old girl. Because Heine is deficient in gameplay, I think I'll pick Sarah. Thank heavens for the "skip" fast-forward option shown above.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

...All right! There we go, I got it to work. I made a save state right before finishing the final boss. I resetted the emulator, loaded that, speed up through the cutscene, and the next cutscene loaded correctly this time. I don't understand anything, but it works now, at least. What a strangely specific place to start having emulator issues....

Cutscenes have been known to cause emulator issues. Xenogears I remember reading somewhere can hang on the funky animation of one puzzle-like boss's attack; and Legend of Legaia, another PS1 JRPG, has a mandatory cutscene over 2/3rds into the game that frequently crashes it. Not sure why, but they are demanding on a console's technical performance I suppose.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Cutscenes have been known to cause emulator issues. Xenogears I remember reading somewhere can hang on the funky animation of one puzzle-like boss's attack; and Legend of Legaia, another PS1 JRPG, has a mandatory cutscene over 2/3rds into the game that frequently crashes it. Not sure why, but they are demanding on a console's technical performance I suppose.

Hmm. Odd. Oh well. It's working now.

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can't wait to run into a level 81 Territorial Slaking in the first area.

16 hours ago, Sooks said:

The game will force you to bring the two that are super plot relevant when you need to, other than that though, I imagine those fights will have dialogue that acknowledges the presence of those characters but nothing major.

Reveal hidden contents

“Kylo Renne” is golden.

I see, thanks.

Spoiler

It's mostly because I learned that her name is pronounced "Ren" and not "Ren-nee" like I thought, as the latter would be spelled Renee.

"I made four new friends today and I only killed one of them, I'd say that's a pretty good start." -Renne

23 hours ago, Benice said:

Frick, I forgot I've also got to finish that one.

I really need to stop taking breaks from games halfway through 'em...

I even started the break at the best part, when best boy joins the party...

If you're apprehensive about resuming Xenoblade 2, you can play Torna as a change of pace since I think you have the expansion pass. It has different mechanics but might ease you back into the gameplay.

https://images2.imgbox.com/1f/07/ZJxEzYOJ_o.png

It's a tragedy that the reward for finding every single weapon in the game and then getting the best ending is... an extra cutscene serving as sequel-bait that was never realized. Oof.

Also, they drop the line "From the depth of eternal dark... Don Juan...", apparently failing to realize how not-badass the name Don Juan is.

Oh well. 10/10 absolutely lovely game. I loved going through it the first time, and I loved dissecting it to the tiniest secret the second time. Though I'll say, I kinda liked the bad ending I got better than the best ending. Best ending is fine, it's just an uplifting, positive ending where protag-kun gets the girl and still somehow manages to get the spotlight stolen from him, hilariously enough. But in the bad ending I got the first time, one of the final battles was much, much more interesting, and the other side characters made more of an appearance.

Maybe I should replay the game and get the worst end-- naaaah. I've had enough of this game for a long time. But that was good, really really good.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Pokemon has never been challenging though.

53 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

If you're apprehensive about resuming Xenoblade 2, you can play Torna as a change of pace since I think you have the expansion pass. It has different mechanics but might ease you back into the gameplay.

I think I'll be OK, since IIRC I  overlevelled best boy enough. Although apparently you're supposed to play Torna after chapter 6? If so, I guess I'll be doing that soon.

My biggest concern is that if I redownload XB2 before Feb. 14, I'll go over the wifi limit for the month.

53 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

can't wait to run into a level 81 Territorial Slaking in the first area.

I remember when that giant spider chap in Gormott jumpscared me while I was exploring. I'm not normally afraid of spiders, but dear lord...

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

IGN Italy giving Pokenon Legends Arceus a 5/10 because it's "too hard" like damn bro, imagine being

...How?

Actually, after what happened in the senate, I'm surprised the Italian IGN didn't rate themselves 5/10 for being too hard.

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, they drop the line "From the depth of eternal dark... Don Juan...", apparently failing to realize how not-badass the name Don Juan

That reminds me of FE7's absolutely amazing ending:

"Who are you?"

"Dragon."

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's a tragedy that the reward for finding every single weapon in the game and then getting the best ending is... an extra cutscene serving as sequel-bait that was never realized. Oof.

So what you're saying is that the miracle never happen?

PEZl1fs.png

Ya know, this route would've been wholesome af if it wasn't for the whole incest thing being extra weird there lol

And the twists there lol

At the same time, she is her own person, not his mom

but....

ugh....

Edited by Shrimpresident

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Welp, it's time for the math final. Oy...

Time to make the Shrimpfather proud!!

This your last mission

Deceive yourself

Deceive the Test

Make yourself a person who is good at math

that's the only way to score a A+

Good Luck

El Psy Kongroo

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Most things EA touches have Gatcha, though, so this is good.

Do you know a game distributed by EA that's also good, Benice?

Dragon Age: Origins no Steam

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Gaming journalists in a nutshell. At least the tugas gave it a 9/10.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Pretty much every reviewer is noting that the game is challenging and you can't just battle recklessly, although we don't know much more (unless you pirated it since the rom was already leaked). All I know is that the Giratina battle makes you fight it 3 times in a row and you can't restore your health.

47 minutes ago, Benice said:

Welp, it's time for the math final. Oy...

Time to make the Shrimpfather proud!!

Good luck Benice! You got this!

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can confirm, this game good. You can make terrible decisions for no reason.

Too bad that doesn’t fix the dull gameplay.

Edited by Sooks