Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As you can tell from having gotten nearly two levels, most EXP is gained from eating. 

If only this worked IRL.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah.

Guess it's a Xeno situation kinda then.

Speaking of which...

Screen-Shot-2022-01-26-at-8-08-32-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2022-01-26-at-8-09-26-PM.png

Princess Crown. TBF, OS was only their second title after separating from Atlus, it makes sense they would begin close to their roots before venturing further out.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Valleria Shore. Has a small chat with the party.

Hmm, I'll be on the lookout for her if I ever replay the game. It makes me wonder if the other Grancel bracers appear before the final chapter.

27 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ultimately, it just goes to show Kloe > Estelle.

Incorrect, they're both queens.

20 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Julia

Julia has white hair though, with a lavender tinge in Heroes.

Perhaps, simply because it would be strange for Julia to not be in the picture and her hair and eye color kind of fit, but her hairstyle doesn't really match even if you consider the possibility that she's hiding longer hair under her hat (like Tita does). Maybe it's just artistic license.

IMG_20220126_220015.jpg

Vanillaware art direction stays winning.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As you can tell from having gotten nearly two levels, most EXP is gained from eating. 

Yep. It does seem like it's at least lenient in the recommended levels (as in, the game isn't gonna ask you to become Kirby) but just battling might not carry you in the long run.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Princess Crown. TBF, OS was only their second title after separating from Atlus, it makes sense they would begin close to their roots before venturing further out.

I take it they didn't start hand drawing stuff until OS then?

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I take it they didn't start hand drawing stuff until OS then?

Correct, not until Odin Sphere, and GrimGrimoire (co-developed with NIS) which released in the same year. Their second title, the first as an independent developer (then going by the name Puraguru, it was soon changed) was Fantasy Earth: The Ring of Dominion, a 3D MMORPG published by Square. A game that was taken away from them before it finished development after Square & Enix merged. Quite the black sheep in the Vanillaware catalog.

So setting the Fantasy Earth fiasco aside, only Princess Crown isn't hand drawn. Although I can still see similarities in the general aesthetic to later Vanillaware games. I take it the Sega Saturn -failed rival to the PS1 and N64- wasn't capable handling hand-drawn graphics. The 64-bit era could do pre-rendered backgrounds like in Final Fantasy VII, and the consoles of the time could bear with the most meticulous of spritework as showcased by Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. But maybe not Vanillaware's approach?

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20220126_220015.jpg

Vanillaware art direction stays winning.

Since you're already on Gwendolyn's fourth Act in the course of a single night, I want to offer some advice- feel free to swap over to a different game and take a day or four's break before starting the next book/character when you're done with the Valkyrie. It'll help somewhat alleviate an issue with Odin Sphere. Your choice.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Since you're already on Gwendolyn's fourth Act in the course of a single night, I want to offer some advice- feel free to swap over to a different game and take a day or four's break before starting the next book/character when you're done with the Valkyrie. It'll help somewhat alleviate an issue with Odin Sphere. Your choice.

Well tomorrow is the release of a new Gunvolt game so i doubt i'll have time for Odin Sphere or anything else tomorrow haha.

I take it there's a burnout issue here?

7 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

Good Luck

El Psy Kongroo

Thank you! I aimed to not disappoint Stan's Gateau.

7 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Do you know a game distributed by EA that's also good, Benice?

Dragon Age: Origins no Steam

Right, I need to play this one too.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Good luck Benice! You got this!

The hardest part was the stats segment, I don't think it went well...

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

No. Before or after the main game. Not in between. 

Oh.

Guess I must be mixing it up with some other game...

5 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

Unbenannt.PNG

I never thought I'd see anyone proudly say "Boy, you went and knocked up your sister!"

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Oh.

Guess I must be mixing it up with some other game...

No the thing is, the original vision was for Torna to be inbetween Ch.6 and 7 of Xenoblade 2. Thing is, that was likely when Torna was just the final battle and not a whole-ass game that it ended up being.

Playing Torna in between Ch.6 and 7 of Xenoblade 2 will absolutely kill the pacing. It's some JoJo Basement order shit.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No the thing is, the original vision was for Torna to be inbetween Ch.6 and 7 of Xenoblade 2. Thing is, that was likely when Torna was just the final battle and not a whole-ass game that it ended up being.

Aaah, makes sense.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's some JoJo Basement order shit.

JoJo Basement sounds cursed...

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well tomorrow is the release of a new Gunvolt game so i doubt i'll have time for Odin Sphere or anything else tomorrow haha.

I take it there's a burnout issue here?

Correct. To put it simply, the heroes visit the same places, in different orders for different reasons obviously, but it can become repetitive if rushed through all at once.

Since the stories are have connections but are largely independent, taking a break between books won't result in leaving you narratively lost. And even if you do need a refresher, you can grab the cat and review anything that's already happened.

9 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

ro5wie7.png

found Armagon

Its interesting to see fiction touch upon Gödel's second incompleteness theorem, although it does make a small error in assuming that mathematics is a singular system. You can't prove the consistency of system of mathematics within itself, or in any other system of mathematics that the first system is capable of proving is consistent, but some mathematical systems have been proven consistent using a system of mathematics that the first can't prove consistent (although you do run into the question of is that second system consistent then...)

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, but... Why? Since when is Spain known for its incest? Is that an America thing?

The Kingdom of Spain was founded by the Habsburg dynasty, which built up its base of power by repeatedly intermarrying Uncles and Nieces (or some form of cousin pairing, although the uncle-niece pairing was particularly common for the Habsburgs) to concentrate land and power through strategic marriages. Thanks to often incestuous strategic marriages, Charles I (of Spain at least, as well as Charles I as the King of Sicily, as Archduke of Austria, and count of Barcelona; also Charles II as the Dukes of Burgundy, Brabant, Limburg, Lothier, as Margrave of Namur, and as Counts of Palatine, Artois, Charolais, Hainault, Zeeland, Zutphen; Charles III as the Dukes of Guelders, and Luxemburg, and Count of Flanders; Charles IV as the King of Naples, and Charles V of the Holy Roman Empire) managed to inherit the last of the Spanish kingdom uniting them all under a single crown. He was famous for suffering from an enlarged lower jaw that made it extremely difficult to chew, and was such a notable inbred trait for the family that it was known as the Habsburg Jaw.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

A bit strange Elimine is not Light.

Aureola was in the game already. They could have given her a different one, but the Saint's Staff was also a thing. They did call it Staff of the Saint, but guess they decided Staff Mythic was less common.

Also, she can shove allies she heals. Okay.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If only this worked IRL.

If I could punch holes in walls that'd be scary.

51 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The Kingdom of Spain was founded by the Habsburg dynasty, which built up its base of power by repeatedly intermarrying Uncles and Nieces (or some form of cousin pairing, although the uncle-niece pairing was particularly common for the Habsburgs) to concentrate land and power through strategic marriages. Thanks to often incestuous strategic marriages, Charles I (of Spain at least, as well as Charles I as the King of Sicily, as Archduke of Austria, and count of Barcelona; also Charles II as the Dukes of Burgundy, Brabant, Limburg, Lothier, as Margrave of Namur, and as Counts of Palatine, Artois, Charolais, Hainault, Zeeland, Zutphen; Charles III as the Dukes of Guelders, and Luxemburg, and Count of Flanders; Charles IV as the King of Naples, and Charles V of the Holy Roman Empire) managed to inherit the last of the Spanish kingdom uniting them all under a single crown. He was famous for suffering from an enlarged lower jaw that made it extremely difficult to chew, and was such a notable inbred trait for the family that it was known as the Habsburg Jaw.

Yeah, I already knew all that (thanks anyway!), I was just surprised that folks out there associate Spain with incest. I always thought this was more the country of bullfighting, paellas and siestas. Incest seemed more Texas's thing. But I suppose I do live in the country, my perception's bound to be askew.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, I already knew all that (thanks anyway!), I was just surprised that folks out there associate Spain with incest. I always thought this was more the country of bullfighting, paellas and siestas.

I think part of the reason is that Spain's height of power, was also its highest point of visible incest. Charles I was born to be the most powerful ruler in the world at the time, and despite his numerous failings in Europe, globally he kinda was.

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Incest seemed more Texas's thing.

Interesting that you think of Texas, as I tend to see it more as a cliche of Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, or Georgia.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Was a matter of time really. 

AmaLee...

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I did a bit more Lunatic Conquest.... admittedly I did a DLC map but I was mainly using it for support grind.

And now I have 3 S ranks. By Chapter 12.

And Gazak can cosplay as Ike.

Based. I believe this is a design flaw of Conquest: not being able to take advantage of the entire Fates system normally due to its nature.

9 hours ago, Benice said:

JoJo Basement sounds cursed...

Eff3E34XkAETrXQ.jpeg

Cringe suggestion by a cringe AniTuber (all AniTubers are cringe tbf).

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Correct. To put it simply, the heroes visit the same places, in different orders for different reasons obviously, but it can become repetitive if rushed through all at once.

Yeah that makes sense. Muramasa got away with it because there's just two but this time there's five.

6 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Based. I believe this is a design flaw of Conquest: not being able to take advantage of the entire Fates system normally due to its nature.

Can I ask you to clarify on this?

Are you referring to preventing you from levelling off of DLC maps? Frankly I'm more on board with it and at least the exp map is exempt. Though getting Wexp would have been nice too, it'd be broken.

If not that, what are you referring to?

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Eff3E34XkAETrXQ.jpeg

Cringe suggestion by a cringe AniTuber (all AniTubers are cringe tbf).

That seems more confusing than just going chronological and for seemingly no good reason.

9 hours ago, Benice said:

I never thought I'd see anyone proudly say "Boy, you went and knocked up your sister!"

Kou: "i am doing stuff"

Aki: "i am stuff"

Kou: "Aki-nee no"

Eiji: "Haha you banging your sister"

Sweet home Alabama

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Incest seemed more Texas's thing

Eh

Texas is more guns and bulls, i think

Incest is Alabama

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Its interesting to see fiction touch upon Gödel's second incompleteness theorem

They used it to create a "Gödel bomb" to stop a big ass machine by giving it an unsolvable problem.

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

although it does make a small error in assuming that mathematics is a singular system. You can't prove the consistency of system of mathematics within itself, or in any other system of mathematics that the first system is capable of proving is consistent, but some mathematical systems have been proven consistent using a system of mathematics that the first can't prove consistent (although you do run into the question of is that second system consistent then...)

The game does go a bit more in detail, i just wanted to post that line for Armagon xD

Honestly tho, math theory always makes my head go round. I was always more of an applying math person.