Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That seems more confusing than just going chronological and for seemingly no good reason.

Exactly. The intended way to go through the series is chronologically (but you can start with Part 7 because new continuity). And you won't neccessary be lost if you start at a different Part but it wouldn't be the full experience. 

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Interesting that you think of Texas, as I tend to see it more as a cliche of Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, or Georgia.

Or West Virginia. The very mountainous, economically impoverished state where due to the rough terrain, small communities could form not that distant from each other. That is the state is the one most prominently associated with the (negative) hillbilly stereotype.

42 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Can I ask you to clarify on this?

The support system introduced in Awakening was shaped by the options you have when approaching the game. You can advance through the story without doing anything optional like in the old games, or you can complete the optional maps to get more supports between your characters, resulting in various pairings and improvements in support bonuses depending on the levels (A, B, C, etc.). Birthright and Revelation have the same approach as Awakening, so you get the maximum potential of the system, but Conquest doesn't, as it tries its best to look like old school FE with the Awakefates mechanics. As you are basically forced to proceed through the story, with only the invasions being optional (and even then there are only 3 of them), you won't be able to unlock many supports, do many pairings, etc.

51 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Eff3E34XkAETrXQ.jpeg

Cringe suggestion by a cringe AniTuber (all AniTubers are cringe tbf).

I thought the whole "part skipper" thing was just a meme...

Luminous Avenger iX 2 is out today. Unfortunately, i have to go to work.

12 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

I've seen people unironically tell others to skip Parts 1 and 2 because Part 3 is when it "gets good".

8 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Well if it is or not, he isn't doing that, but what he is doing is just weird.

8 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

The support system introduced in Awakening was shaped by the options you have when approaching the game. You can advance through the story without doing anything optional like in the old games, or you can complete the optional maps to get more supports between your characters, resulting in various pairings and improvements in support bonuses depending on the levels (A, B, C, etc.). Birthright and Revelation have the same approach as Awakening, so you get the maximum potential of the system, but Conquest doesn't, as it tries its best to look like old school FE with the Awakefates mechanics. As you are basically forced to proceed through the story, with only the invasions being optional (and even then there are only 3 of them), you won't be able to unlock many supports, do many pairings, etc.

Well, I have to admit I'd be bad at grinding supports (certainly to do so optimally) with just Conquest maps (I think even the first time I played I didn't unlock any), that's without also realising I'm aiming on focusing on Generics.

It's a real shame that there's no non-DLC/online option for players wanting to get those ranks.

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

You still have my castle battles and free DLC maps where you can build up supports

Well there's no free DLC maps. I know from experience.

My Castle will be an option until the servers go down at least.

This is kinda random, but recently I have been playing https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/, and was wondering if anyone else was. I switched it over to hard mode fairly soon, as I have stumbled on such a good starting word that I have been fairly consistently getting it in 3 (once I went as far as 4...) Spoilers for my killer first word below.

Spoiler

The word is

TREKS,

captures the most common letter in E, and the three of most common consonants in RST, and even K isn't that far down the list either.

21 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

This is kinda random, but recently I have been playing https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/, and was wondering if anyone else was. I switched it over to hard mode fairly soon, as I have stumbled on such a good starting word that I have been fairly consistently getting it in 3 (once I went as far as 4...) Spoilers for my killer first word below.

I'd never heard of it, but I clicked and I was immediately hooked by the challenge of trying to figure out what the heck MO-N- could possibly be.

Spoiler

It was mount. I felt like a genius when I cracked it. This is a fun little thing, thanks for sharing it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd never heard of it, but I clicked and I was immediately hooked by the challenge of trying to figure out what the heck MO-N- could possibly be.

Glad you like it, although you probably should have put the solution in a spoiler tag for those that haven't solved today's word.

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Glad you like it, although you probably should have put the solution in a spoiler tag for those that haven't solved today's word.

Wait, it's the same word for everyone the entire day? Shoot, sorry. I didn't know that's how it works.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Cringe suggestion by a cringe AniTuber (all AniTubers are cringe tbf).

AniTuber?

Also, what's with the "I have four balls lol"?

2 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

Kou: "i am doing stuff"

Aki: "i am stuff"

Kou: "Aki-nee no"

Eiji: "Haha you banging your sister"

I can't wait for the Help me, I'm stuck scene.

27 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

This is kinda random, but recently I have been playing https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/, and was wondering if anyone else was.

Oh yeah, I've been doing it too! Got the last two days, but I missed the first two...

'Morning!

TIL Vajra is in Three Houses in the form of a pair of gauntlets. No Vritra, though, which I guess means whoever gets those gauntlets is just invincible forever. Still somehow not the most broken thing in the game.

25 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Ahaha this feels like a Mythra situation all over again. Ya know, how imagination makes it lewder and all

Atleast steam approved it, i have been looking forward to this Ü

It's funny that the one person complaining goes on about it being censorship but when asked can they read it they end up in a twitterfit over translating text on the website.

42 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Reveal hidden contents

The word is

TREKS,

captures the most common letter in E, and the three of most common consonants in RST, and even K isn't that far down the list either.

There's other language versions too. I've only tried the one in Irish my brother showed me. I should probably use it to improve my own familiarity with words, seeing as how bad I can be with it.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

TIL Vajra is in Three Houses in the form of a pair of gauntlets. No Vritra, though, which I guess means whoever gets those gauntlets is just invincible forever. Still somehow not the most broken thing in the game.

I mean it's Vajra-Mutshi internationally (which actually translates to an Indian martial art), but in Japan it's just Vajra. Wonder what the reason for that alteration was. (And no, 3H didn't bring in an invincible sword, it's gauntlets)

(Funny enough, the Arrow of Indra should be called Vajra if anything, a lightning weapon that can attack at range and was used to smite sinners which in 3H was made by TWISTD probably for that purpose)

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

Aureola was in the game already. They could have given her a different one, but the Saint's Staff was also a thing. They did call it Staff of the Saint, but guess they decided Staff Mythic was less common.

Also, she can shove allies she heals. Okay.

If I could punch holes in walls that'd be scary.

She can still be Light even with a staff. Specially since she still unleashes Aureola in her animation.

30 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I mean it's Vajra-Mutshi internationally (which actually translates to an Indian martial art), but in Japan it's just Vajra. Wonder what the reason for that alteration was.

They knew I would use it to deride them and say "Kaga Did It First" if they left it untouched.

They failed to consider that I would do it anyway.

(And no, 3H didn't bring in an invincible sword, it's gauntlets)

I know, I just thought it was neat. So now we've got Derrick in Three Houses and Vajra in Three Houses. Hmmmm...

It's funny that the one person complaining goes on about it being censorship but when asked can they read it they end up in a twitterfit over translating text on the website

Extra funny when you consider the games wouldn't be released here otherwise and the author himself went ouf of the way to replace the scenes with something tasteful while retaining the same 'feeling'. (Usually they are just straight up removed)