• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I had read about this feature in a review I saw today. Risk, high score, and overpoweredness via Overdrive vs. the safety of checkpoints. -Although a different reviewer said they finished the game having no idea what Overdrive actually was so, XCX.

The game isn't for me, I'm concerned it'd be too short (says someone with a backlog of lengthy RPGs) and that me not being in high scores means I wouldn't get full value of it. But I do hope you have fun with it!

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20220127_194110.jpg

...I'm aware of Mighty Gunvolt Burst, was Copen in the sequel?

7 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

KohakuKT.jpg

Why are you posting anti-vaxxer propaganda? She scares me with those syringes.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Like Makima, everything is forgiven

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why are you posting anti-vaxxer propaganda? She scares me with those syringes.

I'd let her turn me into a hedgehog if it made her happy!

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I had read about this feature in a review I saw today. Risk, high score, and overpoweredness via Overdrive vs. the safety of checkpoints.

See, it's sorta new sorta isn't in this game. Overdrive in iX 2 (what you're seeing in theblast clip i posted) is what Copen could do by default in Gunvolt 2 and iX 1. Lola appearing behind him and singing was simply a cosmetic thing that would appear upon gaining 1000 points or more. They made this change in iX 2 to justify Copen's new melee attack and this change also means that Copen can only air dash once when Overdrive isn't active. Which tremendously fucks me up.

In the previous Gunvolt games, you could chose the "Kudos difficulty" to have it so that you don't lose any points, so that points are lost after three hit or so that points are lost after one hit. In this game, it's permanently set as that first option because of Overdrive. So while there is still the element of risk vs reward (in addition to checkpoints, healing also banks the points, saving it for the total score but removing Overdrive until you get 1000 points again), the act of getting 1000 points no longer feels as satisfying. Your milage varies on this tho.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm aware of Mighty Gunvolt Burst, was Copen in the sequel?

I believe so, yes.

25 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

That's Kohaku doing maintenance

Same name joke huh.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Priestess and 2nd in command of a lunatic cult for ya

She doesn't seem too concerned with this situation.

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

Is there anything is? Anything at all?

Three Houses

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

No. Not even close. Xd

CS' biggest gameplay is problem is that Josette isn't playable.

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

3H Normal Casual with Max turnwheels is harder than CS Nightmare

I mean, I've not played CS, so I can't say how hard it is.

I can say that Stride, flying, the relic weapons, warp, Dark Spikes, Nosferatu and Thysrus are funny, though.

IMG_20220127_215603.jpg

This actually isn't the true ending tho, i gotta replay the game in hard mode....which is unlocked by finding a secret room in the final level after getting all the emblems in each stage.

This some GV1 levels of cryptic.

57 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

4Mwqwc4.png

Priestess and 2nd in command of a lunatic cult for ya

Man's giving the Kakyoin hairstyle a bad name.

57 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Thankfully, Ryza 2 is sod easy I dont need to worry about "game breaking" with over-crafting. I mean, it aint CS levels of easy at least.

What difficulty are you playing at?

14 minutes ago, TheRomHackist said:

Daily reminder that everyone in this thread is epic, thank you carry on

MiSEeJt.jpg

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

i gotta replay the game in hard mode....which is unlocked by finding a secret room in the final level after getting all the emblems in each stage.

St. Elimine, I think the reason that Elden Ring was delayed is because Miyazaki joined this studio and told them how to design stuff, that's so obscure...

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

St. Elimine, I think the reason that Elden Ring was delayed is because Miyazaki joined this studio and told them how to design stuff, that's so obscure...

This is like the most obscure ending requirement Inti Creates has done.

Gunvolt 1: obtain the seven jewels and then beat the final level using the special pendant Joule crafts for you (you have to wear it all the way through)

Gunvolt 2: complete both campaings once to unlock Gunvolt and Copen's true endings respectively. 80% achievement completion for a secret ending that has yet to be resolved.

Luminous Avenger iX 1: only one ending, nothing to worry about. 

Blaster Master Zero 1: obtain all upgrades 

Blaster Master Zero 2: obtain all the mcguffins

Blaster Master Zero 3: hit L+R when prompted in the final level. Admittedly, this one is semi-obscure because it doesn't actually tell you about the buttons and prompt straight-up won't appear if you don't spend enough time in Hyper Space. Which you would be on a normal playthrough. 

There other games usually have one ending but these are their flagships.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is like the most obscure ending requirement Inti Creates has done.

Well, at least the games seem to be really short, so I suppose it's not too bad.

Better than Dark Souls 1, which has a substantial area that is behind an illusory wall behind another illusory wall in the corner of a map, or an astoundingly convoluted way to access a new boss and get an item that lets you get to a really cool area and boss. Or the character who gives you almost everything about the story that requires you to play the game in an illogical order.

And don't get me started on DS3's sidequests, I am legitimately certain that you won't even find any of them without a guide. It's got a couple of areas that are placed in weirdly hard-to-find spots, but eh.

...Which is to say, if you ever play a Dark Souls game, you may want to use a guide to make sure you don't miss everything. Sekiro's way better in this regard, so I do have high hopes for Elden Ring.

That also reminds me of an easter egg in Yakuza 5, where there's a heat action (Essentially a special cinematic attack) you can do only if you have a carrot in your inventory (which you have absolutely no reason to) and are grabbing an enemy in a specific spot on the map.

Oh, SRW 30 is at 25% off due to the Steam sale. Interesting, wasn't expecting it'd happen that soon.

Time to shill begins...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Tfw when the teaser of a song that plays later in the game is so good that you wish it had been extended into a full song too.

Like this violin is just so clean.

1 hour ago, TheRomHackist said:

Daily reminder that everyone in this thread is epic, thank you carry on

You’re epic too!