Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

16 hours ago, Dayni said:

A lot can be counterintuitive.

As I can slightly attest.

If they're held on to you the right way it should be no problem.

15 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Good Luck, the endgame is a toughie, made kinda annoying by the game not letting you save between chapter 27 and Endgame...

You still have save states, aye?

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fill-on-a-gentle-slope-source-Oregon-Sta

I just found this on Google images. It's a pretty good representation. It's rather pathetic, I know, but I can't handle that shit if it extends for too long. Going down is no issue, but going up is hell, even if it's a tiny little slant like that.

Aye, as Benice said, it's a matter of getting used to it. In the meantime, it's good to know your limits and take care of yourself. I'm sure your party wont mind if you stop for a bit to take a breather.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

the meantime, it's good to know your limits and take care of yourself. I'm sure your party wont mind if you stop for a bit to take a breather.

As someone who walks with people of different fitness levels, I agree. It's a lot more enjoyable to stop and admre the view during breaks than it is to get someone injured.

So I finished DS1 a couple of days ago, and honestly I think if I had played it first before ds3 I would appreciate it more. Havel's armor is stupid as well, I'm glad they nerfed it in 3. Now I'm going hollow, fighting the final boss of DS3 for the tenth time as I wait for Elden Ring.

1 hour ago, fates is based said:

So I finished DS1 a couple of days ago, and honestly I think if I had played it first before ds3 I would appreciate it more. Havel's armor is stupid as well, I'm glad they nerfed it in 3. Now I'm going hollow, fighting the final boss of DS3 for the tenth time as I wait for Elden Ring.

Ey, congrats!

Yeah, DS1 hasn't exactly aged like wine... It is my favorite of the trio, but I actually don't know why. I've been working on beating it deathless, but I've only made it as far as Blighttown so far. SUPER excited for Elden Ring, though.

Have you played Sekiro or DS2 yet?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

As someone who walks with people of different fitness levels, I agree. It's a lot more enjoyable to stop and admre the view during breaks than it is to get someone injured.

I was raised in a village that was built upon a hill side so we're all quite used to heavy walks. Though plenty of tourists come around often so I understand the feeling.

It's all worth it for the beautiful view though, aye, that much is true.

Oh yeah, I took my third shot of 5Gs this morning. Definitely feeling a bit under the weather now. Hopefully I won't wake up tomorrow feeling like absolute shit.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Aw2jOu2.png

The more you hike, the easier it gets! Yeah, it sucks at first, but soon, it'll be no problem for you.

Good to know!

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Aye, as Benice said, it's a matter of getting used to it. In the meantime, it's good to know your limits and take care of yourself. I'm sure your party wont mind if you stop for a bit to take a breather.

Nah, they're super nice.

15 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I was raised in a village that was built upon a hill side so we're all quite used to heavy walks. Though plenty of tourists come around often so I understand the feeling.

Hahah... Ah, I live on a plain. A really plain plain.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

If they're held on to you the right way it should be no problem.

I was on about drinking too much at once rather than carrying capacity.

I'm more than used to lugging a bag on my back.

9 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

It's nice when you have that vantage point to look down upon, even where the elevation isn't all that much I'd argue it sometimes can work well too for that.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I still haven't gotten a single booster yet. Not much J&J vaccines over here again yet I suppose.

I'm curious what the policy on crossing vaccines is where you are.

As someone who had to switch vaccines with a booster that didn't matter as I'd gotten Covid

34 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ey, congrats!

Yeah, DS1 hasn't exactly aged like wine... It is my favorite of the trio, but I actually don't know why. I've been working on beating it deathless, but I've only made it as far as Blighttown so far. SUPER excited for Elden Ring, though.

Have you played Sekiro or DS2 yet?

I have played the beginning of ds2, and I'm having a hard time getting use to it, however I'll still give it a chance. As for Sekiro, that is coming in the mail later in February. By the way, I heard when playing Sekiro that you shouldn't play it like Dark Souls and that dodging isn't as easy as the previous titles, how true is that?

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm gonna start Golden Sun: The lost age soon. Anything I should know?

It is big...and long...and it will be a while before transfer events occur, and some are a bit obscure (like having gone back to Vault latter in the game in the original Golden Sun to trigger and event in this one)

Also fun fact, I still have the official guide from Nintendo Power for that game.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yes, at least i'm hoping to? Xd

Hopefully you don't have to hand input the massive gold password for transfer. I did that once of twice when I was a kid, and it was a pain in the butt (using an old link cable for transfer was SO much easier, but at least they had the password option for those unable to use a link cable...)

2 hours ago, fates is based said:

Having played DS1 last of the three, its age really was showing. By far my least favorite of the trilogy.

43 minutes ago, fates is based said:

I have played the beginning of ds2, and I'm having a hard time getting use to it, however I'll still give it a chance. As for Sekiro, that is coming in the mail later in February. By the way, I heard when playing Sekiro that you shouldn't play it like Dark Souls and that dodging isn't as easy as the previous titles, how true is that?

Have fun with DS2...just out of curiosity did you end up joining the challenge rock covenant, (I think Company of Champions is its official name)?

@Armagon Somehow Youtube is now recommending me clips of the one anime you like.

Specifically, of the guy measuring the girl's body and having an anime moment over it.

To the anime's credit, at least while he's animeing all over the place, she's having a regular human being reaction, like "the fuck's wrong with you mate, why would I be embarrassed, this is a completely normal thing, now stop being a dick and measure my tits."

I mean, not exactly like that, but something along those lines.

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Do you have actual data or you're using one of those Password Generators?

I have a complete save file.

Not sure how it works though.

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It is big...and long...and it will be a while before transfer events occur, and some are a bit obscure (like having gone back to Vault latter in the game in the original Golden Sun to trigger and event in this one)

Ah, interesting! 

...that one is second in the series, right?

8 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Hopefully you don't have to hand input the massive gold password for transfer. I did that once of twice when I was a kid, and it was a pain in the butt (using an old link cable for transfer was SO much easier, but at least they had the password option for those unable to use a link cable...)

Well, i played on a emulator... So I guess im doing it the long, painful way?

52 minutes ago, fates is based said:

played the beginning of ds2, and I'm having a hard time getting use to it, however I'll still give it a chance

Yeah, DS2 is quite scuffed, and very different from DS1/3.

By the way, have you been told to level ADP yet? Because you really should, until about ADP 29.

53 minutes ago, fates is based said:

As for Sekiro, that is coming in the mail later in February.

Nice. I've just about finished it, and I think that it's absolutely incredible.

53 minutes ago, fates is based said:

By the way, I heard when playing Sekiro that you shouldn't play it like Dark Souls and that dodging isn't as easy as the previous titles, how true is that?

Very true. Sekiro is not Dark Souls 4 or Dark Souls: Japan edition, so make sure to not use that dodge to avoid enemy attacks very often-Just heavy or slow ones.

I really like Sekiro because you have so many tools, and I really like how you can get by just by playing smart as opposed to being good at the game. Plus, I find it teaches you very well and scales difficulty perfectly. Plus, the combat is unique and great fun. And the game looks so beautiful.

---

Today was the first day of English class, where we were supposed to write a 300-or-so word paragraph about "a secret". I wrote about my family's history of arson.

I clocked in at 550 words.

Oy vey, I never change, do I?