Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I have a complete save file.

Not sure how it works though.

Well, transferring data works in two ways.

Using a Link Cable, or by Password. For the latter, you must first select the Transfer option in the first game, then choose the Password option, then the Password level (there's three of them, Gold level is best as it transfer everything). Then in The Lost Age you are given the option to use transfer data, then choose the Password and passworld level option... then type away.

Ah, interesting! 

...that one is second in the series, right?

Yes, The Lost Age is the second game.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, i played on a emulator... So I guess im doing it the long, painful way?

If you're going to do it, be mindful on what you're transferring. For example, you need all the Djinn of the first game to unlock a dungeon in The Lost Age. There's also six events that affect stuff in the second game, and most give you an item.

Some people just generate passwords online to get what they want.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Today was the first day of English class, where we were supposed to write a 300-or-so word paragraph about "a secret".

Why the fuck do teachers do this.

What are they expecting? An essay on Little Timmy's vore fetish? Give me a proper subject to write about, you dummies.

Well, i played on a emulator... So I guess im doing it the long, painful way?

Yep, in the original hold R+Left and press start to get the transfer options to show up, go to send and pick the password option. Admittedly there are shorter passwords that transfer less data if the Gold password is too much of a hassle...

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What are they expecting? An essay on Little Timmy's vore fetish? Give me a proper subject to write about, you dummies.

"Hello, my fellow teens. This is my first work of the year, 'I enjoy being stepped on'."

11 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It is big...and long...and it will be a while before transfer events occur, and some are a bit obscure (like having gone back to Vault latter in the game in the original Golden Sun to trigger and event in this one)

Also fun fact, I still have the official guide from Nintendo Power for that game.

Hopefully you don't have to hand input the massive gold password for transfer. I did that once of twice when I was a kid, and it was a pain in the butt (using an old link cable for transfer was SO much easier, but at least they had the password option for those unable to use a link cable...)

Having played DS1 last of the three, its age really was showing. By far my least favorite of the trilogy.

Have fun with DS2...just out of curiosity did you end up joining the challenge rock covenant, (I think Company of Champions is its official name)?

My friend warned me about joining that covenant (Crisis Averted) by the way, I know this is  random but  what is your favorite Fromsoft game

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, DS2 is quite scuffed, and very different from DS1/3.

By the way, have you been told to level ADP yet? Because you really should, until about ADP 29.

My first 20 levels were all in ADP, I have no idea why they don't give you I Frames on your rolls off the bat, but it is what it is

3 minutes ago, fates is based said:

My first 20 levels were all in ADP, I have no idea why they don't give you I Frames on your rolls off the bat, but it is what it is

I don't necessarily hate the idea of making dodge builds more balanced so as to make shield ones better, but I wish it had been better communicated... Plus, I just was used to DS1's cadence, switching to DS2's was a rough transition for me.

I will say, though, that a Bluepoint DS2 remake that has all the stuff it was supposed to have but couldn't, as well as revmps of the bosses and whatnot, would potentially be Fromsoft's best.

Also, you'll enjoy the game a lot more if you know abot powerstance, I think. It's a great mechanic that I learned of after finishing nearly the whole game, and I wouldn't want ya to miss it. I plan to give DS2 another chance someday, but my memory of some of the sussier areas will have to fade a little more before I do that.

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's a big secret, my mom and dad don't know. Nobody tell them. Please.

Alternatively, I could say "Hello. I play weeb strategy games, discuss them online and pirate them because I'm stingy."

Just now, Benice said:

I don't necessarily hate the idea of making dodge builds more balanced so as to make shield ones better, but I wish it had been better communicated... Plus, I just was used to DS1's cadence, switching to DS2's was a rough transition for me.

I will say, though, that a Bluepoint DS2 remake that has all the stuff it was supposed to have but couldn't, as well as revmps of the bosses and whatnot, would potentially be Fromsoft's best.

Also, you'll enjoy the game a lot more if you know abot powerstance, I think. It's a great mechanic that I learned of after finishing nearly the whole game, and I wouldn't want ya to miss it.

I  have  a  vague  idea  on  what  powerstancing  is  but  If  you  don't  mind  could  you  please  explain  to  me  how  exactly  it  works ?

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Alternatively, I could say "Hello. I play weeb strategy games, discuss them online and pirate them because I'm stingy."

But I purchased my least favorite of them. With money!

mfw the voter turnout for WYBO is lower than the entry turnout

5ee.jpg.388d880db779902ea5d507a289ca0a12.jpg

I guess that's what I get for writing something that's too long.

3 minutes ago, fates is based said:

I  have  a  vague  idea  on  what  powerstancing  is  but  If  you  don't  mind  could  you  please  explain  to  me  how  exactly  it  works ?

If you have 1.5x the amount of str and/or dex requirement for two weapons of the same or similar movesets, (e.g, shortsword and scimitar), then put one weapon in each and and hold down the two-hand button, instead of two-handing the left weapon, you get a unique moveset that uses both weapons when you attack with the left bumper+trigger.

Edited by Benice

They expect someone to get creative about it.

The structure of it is not intuitive to allowing that creativity.

But I purchased my least favorite of them. With money!

Wait you bought PoR? It's right hard to get that one, couldn't have been cheap! /s

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

"That's my secret, I'm always frugal"

*laughs in bought used Tellius copies*

But this was in the ancient year of 2008, so it was 15 USD and 20 USD respectively.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

If you have 1.5x the amount of str and/or dex requirement for two weapons of the same or similar movesets, (e.g, shortsword and scimitar), then put one weapon in each and and hold down the two-hand button, instead of two-handing the left weapon, you get a unique moveset that uses both weapons when you attack with the left bumper+trigger.

I'm not sure if I can do that because I plan on doing a moonlight greatsword build or the fake one bluemoon greatsword. I believe you can only get one per playthrough unless there is some questline  for it

1 minute ago, fates is based said:

I'm not sure if I can do that because I plan on doing a moonlight greatsword build or the fake one bluemoon greatsword. I believe you can only get one per playthrough unless there is some questline  for it

Well, you could get both. Plus, upgrading weapons is really easy in DS2, so using lots of weapons is mch more viable-I used, like, 15 over the course of my playthrough.

31 minutes ago, Benice said:

Today was the first day of English class, where we were supposed to write a 300-or-so word paragraph about "a secret". I wrote about my family's history of arson.

I clocked in at 550 words.

Oy vey, I never change, do I?

Ah yes, English class writing prompts. Some things never change.

Still though, the fact that you can get 550 words out of that is a good sign for the rest of the year. You’ll do great in English! Especially since you have experience participating in a writing competition that used vague prompts every month (which I still haven’t gotten around to participating in).

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But this was in the ancient year of 2008, so it was 15 USD and 20 USD respectively.

Yeah, as long as I've been around I've heard about Tellius being..... definitely not cheap.

I can't believe those numbers are real. Sure, 15 years and inflation would do some numbers, but it's definitely more than that with these games.

Just now, Benice said:

Dayni's class is Enlightened One.

On the one hand, hybrid combat. On the other, Byleth.

28 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Wait you bought PoR? It's right hard to get that one, couldn't have been cheap! /s

That's not the initials of Awakening.

28 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Damn... You might make some good buck if you're willing to sell them now. Would completely understand if you don't want to, though. That's a cool thing to have.