Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Jesus fucking Christ, the enemy had a good chance to kill one, maybe two of my units, and instead they ran at full speed in the opposite direction because Cotton is in range.

This girl is too much.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s just that all I remembered was bow Luigi, which is more of a reason to ironically like a game if everything else is eh.

Well, everything else is not eh, so...

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Please Miyamoto, end my eternal wait for Pikmin 4. Pikmin 3 Deluxe is the best selling game in the series (even outselling every Xenoblade game) so Pikmin 4 has to be coming soon... right?

I'd also like to see a new Xenoblade something, which is more plausible, but I'm not sure whether 3 or X2 is more likely.

I'd find it hilarious if they start a trailer with Captain Falcon, riding his Blue Flacon, in what is clearly Mute City...

... only to then reveal it's for Mario Kart 9.

Nintendo: 

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd find it hilarious if they start a trailer with Captain Falcon, riding his Blue Flacon, in what is clearly Mute City...

... only to then reveal it's for Mario Kart 9.

Nintendo: 

That'd be perfectly cruel.

Worth forgiving them not executing Mario last year.

The enemy's retreat was a ploy. When I confidently advanced, they turned right around and bombarded my army. I thought for sure it was all over.

Cotton dodged. Then she left the boss at killing range for Serdic, ending the map.

10/10 no dev favoritism for the house mascot here, nossir.

Incidentally, while I was trying to find a clip of Simon's voice acting, I discovered Elmer isn't the only character I've missed. There was a ninja chick I encountered a few maps back. I couldn't figure out how to recruit her, so I figured if I spared her, she'd join later on. She didn't, and this LPer had her, so I guess I dun goofed. Not only that, there's a big booba cat girl (15 years old by the way) in this map that I'm pretty sure, going from her bio, needs to be recruited by her.

Oh well. I guess we murder a catgirl tonight. Sorry, Faris!

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Incidentally, while I was trying to find a clip of Simon's voice acting, I discovered Elmer isn't the only character I've missed. There was a ninja chick I encountered a few maps back. I couldn't figure out how to recruit her, so I figured if I spared her, she'd join later on. She didn't, and this LPer had her, so I guess I dun goofed. Not only that, there's a big booba cat girl (15 years old by the way) in this map that I'm pretty sure, going from her bio, needs to be recruited by her.

Keeping her unemployed?

When I glimpsed the game a kalpa ago, I did see that ninja mentioned. Izuna is the second crossover character in Rondo of Swords.

82171_front.jpg

Tis but a mystery dungeon/roguelike game, which got sequel soon after, both developed around the same time as Rondo. Both titles released well before this niche genre experienced its recent ascension to popularity with Hades and a sea of other procedurally generated titles.

If you gotta have a catgirl, go for one who mecha pilots. Or two of them!

Sadly just about the only video (at least in Youtube) portraying Naria and Eriya from Escalfowne in a SRW Compact 3 video.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Oh, no...

Rondo of Swords spoilers, if anyone cares

Spoiler

https://images2.imgbox.com/25/cd/Dq1boTir_o.pnghttps://images2.imgbox.com/2c/e3/PBZBVg3v_o.pnghttps://images2.imgbox.com/d4/94/zbINDAG2_o.png

Well.

https://images2.imgbox.com/2b/e8/PSHxnG5I_o.pnghttps://images2.imgbox.com/fb/f5/ricMiusE_o.png

That sucks.

https://images2.imgbox.com/d8/e3/oTN0kHNn_o.png

Guess we're murdering a little sister tonight.

This is actually a route split. If you wait four turns, you go the good guy route. If you disembowel her, you go the bad guy route. How can you tell?

https://images2.imgbox.com/6e/d2/08ctW9VM_o.png

Serdic names himself Divine Emperor, reclasses to "cold emperor", becomes red and starts using swear words. Even his eyes change color. Amazing. Real subtle there, guys... But at the same time, I love that this is a proper bad guy route, as opposed to sorrowful good guy route.

On that matter, I'm doing the asshole route first. I'm looking to enjoy this game enough for a replay later down the line, but in case I end up wanting nothing more to do with the game, I'd like to do the more interesting route first.

Just now, Dayni said:

They make jokes about it don't they?

I have no idea, I've murdered her.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Keeping her unemployed?

Hah! Nah, apparently, I had to talk to her with Serdic... but Marie needed to be deployed for some undiscernible reason, so I didn't get her.

Actually, I would've missed Simon in a similar fashion, but I've been reading the LParchive screenshot LP for dialogue I might've missed and such. I accidentally discovered there that Simon had a similar requirement. In his case it does make some more sense, but... Sheesh, game.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

When I glimpsed the game a kalpa ago, I did see that ninja mentioned. Izuna is the second crossover character in Rondo of Swords.

82171_front.jpg

Tis but a mystery dungeon/roguelike game, which got sequel soon after, both developed around the same time as Rondo. Both titles released well before this niche genre experienced its recent ascension to popularity with Hades and a sea of other procedurally generated titles.

Ooohhh. Interesting. So that's why her design was so outlandish...

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

This is actually a route split. If you wait four turns, you go the good guy route. If you disembowel her, you go the bad guy route. How can you tell?

Well...

Spoiler

the game isn't actually telling you to defeat her. That's a clue in itself. So one could be compelled to try to avoid fighting in case something does happen. Sometimes, a game will do something like this, and fighting leads to a Game Over, not a Bad End.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAA

OH GOD IT'S TERRIFYING

https://images2.imgbox.com/d2/1e/Y0dJrvtn_o.png

AN OLD MAN

His bio implies he's going to be a pervert. I am not a fan of this, but... Look, I'll take any non-prepubescent I am given. And hey, maybe I'll be wrong and he's actually going to be... I dunno, an enthusiast of gossip who assumes all women are busybodies? Wait, that's still kinda bleh, isn't it...

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well...

Hide contents

the game isn't actually telling you to defeat her. That's a clue in itself. So one could be compelled to try to avoid fighting in case something does happen. Sometimes, a game will do something like this, and fighting leads to a Game Over, not a Bad End.

Spoiler

Oh yeah, the route split is pretty obvious. Serdic even goes "I knew there was another way, and yet..." if you kill her. The map takes all of 5 seconds, you can easily restart if you regret your choice.

Which I don't. Cold as though it may be, this looks to be the far more interesting route. Not to mention, Serdic's powered up a ton from his act of sororicide. He's turned red!

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

AN OLD MAN

His bio implies he's going to be a pervert. I am not a fan of this, but... Look, I'll take any non-prepubescent I am given. And hey, maybe I'll be wrong and he's actually going to be... I dunno, an enthusiast of gossip who assumes all women are busybodies? Wait, that's still kinda bleh, isn't it...

Looks like he's a horny old priest. One whose hair seems less grey than I'd necessarily believe.

..... Oh come RoS, you're doing Ruben dirty. He even has eyewear!

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

..... Oh come RoS, you're doing Ruben dirty. He even has eyewear!

The design is top notch. It's just the little caveat of him probably being Margus 2.

...You know what, if he does not hit on children, I'll be satisfied. We'll see what happens. I won't get him tonight, anyway.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You could probably point this out somewhere in pretty much any game. Xd

Haha, I suppose. Hey, I wasn't saying it in a bad way! That girl's the most fun unit in the game.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAA

OH GOD IT'S TERRIFYING

AN OLD MAN

Maybe he's just shy

I hope he's just shy.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAA

OH GOD IT'S TERRIFYING

AN OLD MAN

Well yeah,

Spoiler

you’re playing the evil route. According to the laws of anime, your team shall now be entirely old men. I’d expect more of these.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Keep that FEH-inspired Wall of Text skill description out of my sight. My brain is shutting down trying to understand it.

q3SOp79.png

There's a difference

a big one

8 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

q3SOp79.png

There's a difference

a big one

Me:

giphy.gif

Stop it.😵

That other thing is how it begins. FEH didn't get to incomprehensibility-inducing-clinical-insanity-quicker-than-the-elder-gods overnight, the Necronomicon was written one verse at a time.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Also, one of the English localizers said in an interview that they were told by Vanillaware that Odin Sphere had a Shakespearean feel. Atlus USA tried to capture this in English with a somewhat-elevated style of langauge.

Well i'd argue the Shakespearean feel comes more from how the characters are explored rather than the way they talk. Either way, there's definitely that influence there.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A few wishful souls speculated it means a new game announcement is soon.

The timing is getting right anyways. XenoblaDE was in 2020 and that was just a remake and it was known that they were working on another project. Considering Torna was in 2018, enough time has definitely passed for the next game to start being ready.

Same goes for Fire Emblem.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

TRUE

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So you complain about Spanish having multiple words that mean the same thing, yet your language has multiple words that are pronounced the exact same but mean entirely different things. Which is worse, Armagon?

Every time a Puerto Rican calls a t-shirt a sweater in Spanish, a galaxy collapses.

5 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

t6v1Prr.png

9NYulQ3.png

Civil War.

4 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

rhQ43CK.jpg

Bingo so far

Oh yeah there's a chance the Mario Movie gets a trailer huh.

That's terrifying.

Anyways you know what i want.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Serdic names himself Divine Emperor, reclasses to "cold emperor", becomes red and starts using swear words. Even his eyes change color. Amazing. Real subtle there, guys...

18 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

1f2LApE.png

boi

Also this fangame is giving very strong impressions so far!

Fire Emblem fangames be like "so this unit's skill gets Atk+8 and Spd+10 if they have 50% HP or less but only if the enemy attacks first".

Halfway through Ch.4 of Xenoblade 2 and now it's time to do my favorite part: fix Argentum's economy in exchange for basically infinite money.

I actually dread this part of my playthrough each time because of how long it takes.