• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Well.

That completely, utterly fucking sucked for me personally (which, to be fair, was expected) until they dropped the bombshell.

Now I'm not even mad about Three Houses 2. How could I be? One of the four JRPGs I like is making its grand return, completely out of nowhere!

LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And you know the best art? During the "a classic comes alive" part, I looked at the image, didn't think anything of it, assumed it'd be some other generic JRPG and quickly lost interest.

Then I recognized the music.

Holy shit that was so good.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I was always under the impression that Chrono Cross was rather disliked.

As a "sequel" to Trigger, there is some dislike. The game itself? Not that I am aware of.

TQBwS9H.jpgThat vertical column on the left seemed likely but it just had to get Prime 4 in there. And miraculously, there was no expensive wii u port. Well, they did mention Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

I decided to count Three Hopes as FE because… I felt like it.

Sheesh. Sorry, guys. I'm just so excited. I haven't felt this way about a Direct in such a long time.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

I'll never forgive the Three Houses spin off though.

I thought I couldn't, either.

They managed it in the most unexpected of ways.

Just now, Shrimpresident said:

2eekzinyxvg81.png

That's pretty much Nia isn't it

and who's our new guy i wonder

He looks kinda like that Travis guy from the No More Heroes series. Or maybe I'm flipping out.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

TQBwS9H.jpgThat vertical column on the left seemed likely but it just had to get Prime 4 in there. And miraculously, there was no expensive wii u port. Well, they did mention Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

I decided to count Three Hopes as FE because… I felt like it.

We were on the verge of bingo, how dare they not try to sell us old things or mention Metroid Prime 4.

WAIT WAIT WAIT

WAIT WAIT WAIT

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 3 AND AZURE STRIKER GUNVOLT 3 IN THE SAME YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWO OF MY FAVORITE GAMES OF ALL TIME ARE GETTING SEQUELS IN THE SAME YEAR

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I need to go for a walk, i cannot think straight, i am not done processing this.

So, that Direct.

LIVEALIVE IS ALIVE GUYS, IT GOT A HD2D WORK UP TOO, I AM ACTUALLY TEMPTED FUCK

Also, I should play Dread, but Triangle Strategy got another demo as I was hoping. So I am at least pretty satisfied on what I got, but as I said in the thread the direct as a whole could have done better.

Armagon right now: 3 AT LAST

@ArmagonYou gonna try Dread mode?

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

OH SHIT

NEW MARIO STRIKERS

Now this, I did not expect.

Go you! That's befor eLiveALive for course

Thoughts on Lego Brawls? Insufficient Lego gameplay?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm reminded of this one idiom about something bitter makes the sweet stand out.

They did it on purpose so you'd rage... then make the extasy more profound.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I imagine an actual FE game announcement will happen in E3 or next direct.

Still waiting on that Fire Emblem fighting game spinoff.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

...I will be over in a corner, the dark void of pure emptiness emanating from me slowly devouring the room I'm in, and then the house, and then the town, country, globe, and universe.

I wish I could say I was excited, but I'm not. My soul is trapped in silence, save for the sound of rushing water. It has been seven years, I ask for nothing but resolution. I've committed myself too much to this desire, my morale has sunk into the cold black chasms. I have little but resentment for that which stole the time and labor better spent on that yearning of mine.

I will get this when it releases though. I'll get over this in-the-moment nadir and partake of this, enjoying it to the fullest. 

Yet, how can I not lament another several years' delay for what I seek? Perhaps it shall ne'er be finished. It failed, it was an aberration, crushed to dust between surprising success and repeated success in the prior's mold.

😔

Edited by Interdimensional Observer