• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

XII

Hmm, you did overtake me a little, I'm still on chapter XI. Perhaps there's still time for this to happen in my run, then. We'll see.

From here on, when you post spoilers about this game, would you mind posting the chapter number outside of the box? I'll do the same. That way we won't spoil each other accidentally.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION ! | Spanish inquisition, Giphy, Gif

S P A I N

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

S P A I N

Now imagine if the Enemy Team of Pokémon Gen IX is the Inquisition... and their leader is named Ruben...

A shame the álfr designs are kinda "wasted" on the Resplendents. Imagine a seasonal/special banner where everyone is an álfr. Or another where they're riding a Gullinbursti.

Because, really, did we need to have pirates and ninjas twice? Considering all other one-off banners (Hot Springs, Picnic, Scion Festival for now), then might as well shake it up further. Good potential from the OC kingdoms for special banners...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Benice said:
2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Elden Ring spoiler.

Hide contents

Is it the purple-y place that you access from an elevator, or is it something else?

Spoiler

Siofra River. Looked like a city at first but really opened up into this big spectral space. Stunning.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

From here on, when you post spoilers about this game, would you mind posting the chapter number outside of the box? I'll do the same. That way we won't spoil each other accidentally.

Oh, i'm sorry! Yeah I can do that.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh, i'm sorry! Yeah I can do that.

No worries, we're not far off from each other, so it's not too big a deal. Let's just make sure to do that from here on!

3 hours ago, Benice said:

So what you're saying is that watching it would be like you reading the comments of that Kiwami 2 song I posted a while back?

…yes actually.

Well, mostly. There is still at least one big issue with it spoiler wise, but it’s so obvious that it doesn’t really matter.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Sooks truly is the alternate dimension version of me that is good at math and isn't degenerate.

Shouldn’t it be the other way around if you’re the Canadian?

3 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

3qN8lVT.png

Chuuni Family unite!

Smh no Ophilia.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The more I play it, the more I would recommend it, to be honest. The first five or six hours (first four chapters) are spent on setting everything up, with a lot of text and character introductions, not many battles and nothing much going on in the plot. It steadily ramps up after that, however. And I'll admit, the set up did make the first events after just a bit more effective.

Yes, I know, very ironic that this is coming from the man who don't like read.

As for the gameplay, it's solidly designed and great fun from the start. Only problem is that there isn't much combat at first. But then, a few chapters in, you unlock the tavern. It offers a variety of mock battles, starting simple and becoming more complex and interesting as the game goes. The ability to break the story's monotony at will with a straightforward battle is great, and the way experience gains are designed, you won't break the game's progression by doing them. Their main use is to catch up underlevelled units and obtain a number of materials and money to improve your gear. What I'm saying is, the tavern's awesome. And the tavernkeep, too, but that's another matter.

Good, good. You might maybe be finished with it (at least one play through, don’t know if you’re the type to run through alternate choices) by the time I finish what I’m playing now, so we’ll see.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It would be a good idea to stop, yes.

Hey, I didn’t read the spoiler tag in that very post! Victory!

1 minute ago, TheChoZenOne said:

Luminary uppercut you all!! ️ (except Shrimp. He gets it 😉 )

But you're not Ophelia.

Don't drag me into this, please.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Oh right, today is Mar10 day. Do the Mario!

4 hours ago, Benice said:

33 hours, yeah. I know that it is an "it gets good later" kind of game, and by all accounts, I really should be well beyond where I am; I've seen but 10 hours of content.

Meanwhile it took me 50 hours to finish the game, so I was probably at the second to last chapter by the time I reached 33 hours.

(Actually upon double checking I finished the game in 45 hours, and I reached the final chapter in 30 hours.)

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

I mean, it’s probably not that bad if you don’t compare to the OG…

I like it as an alternative to the original. I also like the soundtrack art because Estelle looks like a magical girl.

Edited by Lightchao42

I just finished watching Mobile Suit Gundam: The 8th MS Team and I don't understand how anyone can recommend this to newcomers to the franchise. The main plot is very shallow and mediocre at best, as well as being confusing for someone who has no prior knowledge of the OYW. It moves too fast, and as a result, several plot points are rushed and happen without much buildup, and those with buildup are eventually wasted because there are only 2 episodes left for the heroes to defeat it (the Apsaras is... disappointing, to say at least). I believe it could have been developed far better if this had been a full series, not an OVA. And I have the right image to express my opinion about the romance between Shiro and Aina.

I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated  every simpering

In the end, I'll give it a 6/10 because at least it ended nicely (the last episode didn't have 90% of the cast and was the best, lmao), but if this was my first Gundam and it supposedly encapsulates what Gundam is about, then I would never watch another anime in the franchise.

Now on to War in the Pocket.

19 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

---------

Eirika did nothing wrong or stupid.

I will die on this hill.

True!

Well, let's see:

Genealogy gameplay is good

Path of Radiance is a mid-tier game at best

FE should have more games with feudal Japan aesthetics

3 hours ago, TheChoZenOne said:

I approve of this. The Chosen One approves of this.

Edited by Awakened_06_

12 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

I just finished watching Mobile Suit Gundam: The 8th MS Team and I don't understand how anyone can recommend this to newcomers to the franchise. The main plot is very shallow and mediocre at best, as well as being confusing for someone who has no prior knowledge of the OYW. It moves too fast, and as a result, several plot points are rushed and happen without much buildup, and those with buildup are eventually wasted because there are only 2 episodes left for the heroes to defeat it (the Apsaras is... disappointing, to say at least). I believe it could have been developed far better if this had been a full series, not an OVA. And I have the right image to express my opinion about the romance between Shiro and Aina.

In the end, I'll give it a 6/10 because at least it ended nicely (the last episode didn't have 90% of the cast and was the best, lmao), but if this was my first Gundam and it supposedly encapsulates what Gundam is about, then I would never watch another anime in the franchise.

Obligatory:

I can't speak about The 8th MS Team, since I've only seen the adapted versions that show up in SRW, but I'm always partial of 0080 War in the Pocket having a very good view in regards to war and what Gundam is meant to represent... specially as seen by the civilians caught in the crossfires...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Fun fact, the Ez-8 can ironically be among the best units you can use in SRW A, because of the way the upgrade mechanics work. Upgrading the mecha's parameters and weaponry can only be done X number of times, and A went the route where the strongest mechas have X in a much lower number than the low tier ones. While they still have higher bases, so to speak, due to this disparity between upgrade slots the "weaker" mechas can still be as viable if not more so than the "strongest" ones. Like, something like the Shin Getter Robo? 7 upgrade slots. The Ez-8? A whooping 15. And the cost of upgrade is also lower for the likes of the Ez-8, so it can also be cost-effective.

Adding to this, mechas also have varying number of equipment parts slots. Again, strongest mechas have like 1 or 2, while weaker mechas 3 or even 4. Ez-8 has 4. SRW A was like the last game to use the V-Up power parts. Basically, they increase the mecha's stats or weapon power... proportionally to the number of equipment parts they have. So Ez-8 is among the ones that get the max bonuses out of these. And since it has four part slots... you can equip it with several for massive increase. Not that you'd want that efficiently since you may also want to put some V-Ups on other units. Still, it's there.

This only really works on the first playthrough, though, since New Game Plus gives everyone the 15 upgrade slots and 4 part slots. Which unironically makes the Shin Getter Robo a BEAST since all three forms' parts affect the active unit, so it gets basically 12 part slots, though the V-Ups still only give the bonus of 4 each. So for that one playthrough... hahahaha...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Siofra River. Looked like a city at first but really opened up into this big spectral space. Stunning.

Nice. Hope you enjoy! It teaches you a lot about enemy ambushes, but in an interesting way, I'd say.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

…yes actually.

Well, mostly. There is still at least one big issue with it spoiler wise, but it’s so obvious that it doesn’t really matter.

Right, everybody already knew that Dorothy was the main antagonist all along.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Shouldn’t it be the other way around if you’re the Canadian?

Are Canadians supposed to be good at math?

28 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Meanwhile it took me 50 hours to finish the game, so I was probably at the second to last chapter by the time I reached 33 hours.

Eh, I'm only 45 hours behind, that's not too-

29 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

and I reached the final chapter in 30 hours.)

Dangit... Well, one shouldn't rush love, right?

30 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Oh right, today is Mar10 day. Do the Mario!

What's Mar10? Please don't tell me he's only ten, that'd make me older than him...

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Hey, I didn’t read the spoiler tag in that very post! Victory!

Spoiler

Congrats!

35 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Genealogy gameplay is good

Yes.

35 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

FE should have more games with feudal Japan aesthetics

Yes.

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nice. Hope you enjoy! It teaches you a lot about enemy ambushes, but in an interesting way, I'd say.

Thanks.

I'll need to revisit it later.

--------